Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 01:57 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear little man is doing great! Im so sorry your having rough recovery! I hope it gets better from now on!

January 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Glad you both are home. Just take it easy and I hope your recovery is quick. :hugs:

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 30th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Expecting #1
Just wanted to pop in and say hi and to let you know I'm praying your recovery gets easier everyday! Hope you are enjoying cuddling with your little guy!

January 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Thinking of you guys! Just popping in to say hi as well.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
January 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi ladies. Quick update as I sit and watch Baxter's newborn photoshoot

Things are slowly getting better. I am healing every day, both physically and most importantly, emotionally. Baxter is a great baby and we are learning more each day. He really doesn't fuss too much except during his witching hour between 10-1am. He will NOT rest.

BF is getting better each day. We still have to supplement due to some pretty decent weight loss following birth and some supply issues on my end, along with his horrific latch, but we are hoping that wont last forever. Either way, he still nurses with me for 99% of his feeds and I am pumping to maintain supply. My milk has come in decently and his latch improves with every feed.

The dogs came home from camp yesterday to meet their baby brother. Peanut have him kisses o. The hand and tried to rouse him by nudging him with his nose. Then he tried to jump in his bouncy seat with him in it! Max smelled and kissed him too. Otherwise they are pretty impartial to the new guy.

He is just a joy and I don't know life without him. My mom is here helping. She is cooking us dinner and holding Bax when we need hands and doing laundry and all that jazz. She takes the witching hour shift some nights too so we can grab a couple hours sleep as well. Before we figured that out, either me or DH was up all night.

My incision is healing nicely but there is a TON of muscular soreness. Part of my physical challenge has been getting my pain managed properly. It's still not quite there but improving. I am changing to a stronger med today which will hopefully do the trick. All in all, things are improving all around, slowly but surely.

End of the day, I have my beautiful baby boy and he is happy and healthy and that's all that matters.

Thanks to all for the words of love and support. I read the boards all the time, especially when I am nursing and pumping in the middle of the night but I don't post because it too hard to type while doing all that. But I do read

I will be back to my old self before too long I hope and will share Baxter's birth story and a photo or two xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 30th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
So good to hear that things are improving and you all are doing well. Sounds like bf is going better every day, yay!! Love that peanut and max are in love with their brother too hehe. Can't wait to see newborn pics and I am dying for a birth story when things get settled down Hope Baxter's weight is up and doing awesome and sending much love and hopes for quick healing. I bet it is insanely awful to have soreness from labor and soreness from csection. Hope that new med does the trick!! Your mom sounds awesome (can i borrow her hehe) Fx's for the end of supplementing and a better latch for Bax. I totally get you on the reading and not replying during pumping and all that. Totally is what I do half the time but I'm always lurking hehe.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
January 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are slowly but surely getting better! I'm sure the pics will turn out wonderful! Glad that Bax is an overall happy baby and that your mom is so helpful. You get better at doing things while holding the baby. you know we had issues with BFing at the beginning, too, but getting on top of it quickly like you're doing is going to help make sure it goes well in the long run. I remember those days of constantly nursing and pumping and having to supplement a bit with formula. Most of them learn quickly.

Can't wait for more pics and the updates and birth story, but getting you and your amazing baby boy straightened out is most important.

January 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Without further ado... I introduce Baxter "Scooter" Michael R!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Karin he's adorable, I cant believe he's here! I'm so glad to hear things are getting better for you and I hope the stronger pain meds do the trick. I ditto Crystal on your mom, she sounds amazing, its great that you have her helping you and DH with Bax

I hope his photoshoot goes well and that his latch improves to give you a break with the bfing.

Great to hear from you hun, thinking of you all x

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So glad to hear from you! I'm glad that each day is getting better! Hopefully the stronger pain meds will do the trick! Of course, I can't see the pic from my work computer, I'll check it out when I get home, but I'm sure he is beautiful! Can't wait until you are on the mend and we can learn more about Baxter! XO

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
He's a beautiful baby, and I hope you continue feeling better and improving on breast feeding!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

January 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karin he is precious!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
January 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is SO sweet! What a perfect little boy!

Thank you, Mrs.Black2006 for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12
January 30th, 2013, 04:04 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's so handsome and sweet looking!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
January 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Oh, my! So cute. What a little snuggle bug.

Sorry you're having a rough time in the recovery process. I'm so glad you have your rock, Pat, and that your mother is being such a huge help to you. Thinking of you often, even though I haven't posted much lately. I'm so STOKED to hear that Baxter is doing well and is just absolutely adorable.

January 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM
oh Karin,he is absolutely Beautiful! You must be one proud Mama
I am glad you are finally starting to feel better,the stronger pain meds will help too.
As I said in an earlier post,I have had abdominal surgery,and because the muscles get cut its the muscle soreness that was the worst,and you had pushing and then the surgery so I can imagine the muscle pain your having,I found that when getting up from lying down or stand up that holding a pillow against your incision can help some.
Glad BF is getting better for you.
Just remember to rest as much as you can,it's great that your Mom is there to help you and Pat.
Hang in there and keep us posted we're all here for you.
January 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Excellent to hear from you! So glad that things are improving. Baxter is gorgeous!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
January 31st, 2013, 04:18 AM
Expecting #1
Ill keep sending you good vibes for a speedy recovery and hope the new mess work better.

I hear you on reading lots during nursing. That is when I get online is when I'm nursing and actually get on here much more often than I did before baby. Lots of hours during the day spent sitting and nursing. Those are some of the best hours of they day though enjoy your little guy and keep healing!!!

January 31st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is so beautiful! :wuv: I'm glad you have help from your mom, that must help tons! And I hope the new meds help with pain management!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad things are getting better each day! That is awesome your mom is helping out.

Baxter is sooo cute. I hope the photoshoot went well .

Forever missing my angel 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search