Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm soo super duper excited for you Karin!!!! I can just feel the relief and joy through your words. If I remember correctly, most, if not all, of the major organs are already developed at this point so it's a much safer time for Scooter's development even though you are still in the first trimester.

Do you have an appt scheduled with a regular OB yet? Will you be planning to do the prenatal screening?

I'm so happy for you!!!

July 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks Robyn! Ya, according to our RE, we are in the "safe zone". First tri or second, 10 weeks is what they consider "safe". All major organs have developed. I know it's hard to tell from just this sono, but honestly, Scooter looked just as perfect as I've ever seen in a scan. I, perhaps, am biased!

We are still waiting to get the appointment with my regular doctor. It's sort of a process, since my doc's office is in very high demand, as they are ranked one of the best for high risk pregnancies. Even though I am a past patient, they review each case with every new pregnancy, then decide whether to take my case or not. I have no doubt they will, as my doctor already said they would, but it's procedure they have to follow. I should be hearing back tomorrow or Wed at the latest, and I expect to be seen somewhere around the 12w mark.

We have no idea what we will/will not do for testing. I'm sure we will do the NT scan, but beyond that not sure. Without having had any discussions with my doctor(s), and only going on what I know, we will likely do as little as we can. NT scan for sure, and probably the Harmony blood test, but I would personally like to avoid CVS and amnio if I can help it. But, only time will tell!

For right now, I am just trying to get through the day without bursting!

Belita likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
That makes sense since they don't see you past 10 weeks and they'd want to keep seeing you through the most risky part. Hooray for the "safe zone!!!"

One step at a time is a great mindset to have. Are you doing what I did and constantly glancing at the photo of your little baby? Isn't it the best feeling in the entire world?

July 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Honestly no! Because if I did, I would do nothing else! I am so hyper-focused on things, that if I get stuck doing something, I won't stop. If I pull that picture out, I'll never get school done, never make it to the grocery store, never work on my projects! So, it stays tucked away until later

July 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
You have much better willpower than me! I tried putting them away but it never worked!

July 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

That is all.

July 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I think it's finally time to get a new siggy
VikingMamma and Belita like this.

July 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I think it's finally time to get a new siggy
Yes it is!

Congrats on a graduating and having a funny little one on your hands. BTW, I couldn't help but notice that you referred to Scooter as "he" at one point. Mommy's intuition?

July 2nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Karin - I'm so so happy your appointment went well You must just be over the moon!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

July 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
BTW, I couldn't help but notice that you referred to Scooter as "he" at one point. Mommy's intuition?
Totally. Scooter is a "he" in my book!
VikingMamma and Mom2JDub like this.

July 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Karin!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I am bursting with joy for you, Patrick, and Scooter. I am so excited for you and hope that your pregnancy only gets better and better!
July 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for feeling so good about things! And glad to hear your RE say you're in the safe zone!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
10w1d - Happy Day!

Little bit of a quicker update now (but I always say that, then it's still long!) I want to get to the Park this morning. My fav keeper is working, my goats are back, and I miss them all!

So, last night, we made the calls. We called both our parents (they already knew, but wanted to give them the green light to tell peeps, and the update on our scan). We hung up the phone with my folks, and in 10 minutes, I was getting texts from family! We called our 2 best friends, who were beyond thrilled. I texted my 2 best friends (it was too late to call either/east coast time and both have young kids). One of my best friends, I texted a picture of Prego spaghetti sauce that I took at the grocery store yesterday. When we first started trying, he would email me that picture every month and say "Well?????" So, I had to tell him that way. He texted back this morning, he is so excited. My other BFF from high school, her mom had a psychic vision that we were having twins (mind you, she didn't know we were doing IVF or anything...the only thing she knew is that we'd been trying a while). Her mom apparently called her out of the blue and said "Is Karin pregnant? I had a vision that she was pregnant with twins?" IT was so odd because it was right around when we started IVF. So I texted her and said "Tell your mom she needs to brush up on her skills, she was only half right." She was thrilled as well. DH called our other BFF this morning, he was thrilled too!

I'm getting emails and texts from family...so word is traveling fast. My only requirement was NO FACEBOOK. We want to do something more clever (no idea what yet), perhaps later this week.

DH literally just put one of the Scooter Scans on his office door, right underneath his name plate at work. He's not saying anything, just putting that picture up and waiting for the fall out. So fun!

Other than that, nothing new. I took belly pics last night, and will get those uploaded later today. I want to get to the Park, then home this afternoon before I get too tired, plus I have to make some snacks for the party tomorrow. I'm making these super cute fruit skewers...they are a long skewer with one piece of each: raspberry, orange, pineapple, green grape, blueberry, red grape - looks like a fruit rainbow. Also making pink lemonade sandwich cookies too. So I want to get that all done this afternoon.

So, there you go! We FEEL pregnant now. Yesterday made it real. Now I don't have to hide anymore. When I go to the park, I can not worry about my belly...I know one of the trainers noticed this past week a few times, I caught her glancing at my belly. But she is shy, and wouldn't dare say anything. Yesterday, I posted my daily dose of "cuteness" (i.e. cute baby animal pictures) on FB (something I do daily for fun), and she sometimes replies, but usually just "likes" them. Yesterday she replied "So many BABIES!!" Which is totally not something that makes sense for her to say. I think she was poking a little hint at me...like "I know your secret, dude." Wonder if she's working today.

Anyhow, I will check in later today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
xx

July 3rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm so excited for you Karin!!!! Sorry for the late response, I'm just catching up now!!!! Your beautiful little scooter!!!! I'm thrilled! I can't wait to see your facebook reveal!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so thrilled for and patrick Karin, little scooter has an awesome set of parents that are gonna love him so much! You sound so relieved to be telling people now and I can imagine how all the positivity is making you feel a thousand percent more happy. Keep the happy posts coming! You've earnt them! X

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
10w1d - Update after playing with goats all day!
Boy did I miss those goats! I just got home, been at the park for about 5 hours or so...the vast majority with the goats. I got to interact a little with a couple of the new ones...so that was fun. I had the triplets loving all over me for a while...and a couple of the older pygmys - Bev and Belle - they just rubbed and rubbed all over me. Ida gave me loads of kisses too. Love those dang goats!

I also saw some other animals...one of the presentations was Kiburi, a baby cheetah...well, not really a baby anymore, he's 1 1/2, but I still see him as baby. After they were done, one of the behaviorists (trainers), came up and gave me a little sideways hug and said "how ya doin?". Mind you, I am friends with all of them, but I'm not as close to this guy as others...but he's super sweet, and it was just sort of an odd thing...we're not touchy feely people...especially when they've been handling animals. Then the other trainer that was there, who I DO know quite well, Mike, chatted with me a bit after....asking about school, how things were, etc. He said "I was wondering how you've been, nice to catch up!" It was sort of awkward. Why? Because I see these guys EVERY day. I've seen Mike at least 7 times in the past week (multiple times in a day). SO it's not like he hasn't seen me in a while. Then there is Ashley, who I am pretty convinced has noticed my belly over the last week, and I have a feeling the behavior team is talking. I didn't say a word, I'm just sort of having fun with this...see where it will go...and see if someone finally says something. There are 2 girls I am really close with, and if people really are talking, and I see them anytime soon (i.e. before FB), they would ask I'm sure. So fun.

So, that's about that...I ate my pancakes for breakfast, then felt really unwell after. I'm learning that I really have to eat small meals. I haven't felt hungry all day. I did have an ice cream cone when I got home, but the store was out of my usual flavor, and this sub didn't taste as good. Oh well.

Going to try and finish up my last bit of school before DH gets home...I don't want to do it tomorrow. Then I have to make up my fruit things for the party tomorrow! The cookies may not happen, as I just realized I don't think I have enough eggs Oh well. Fruit will do.

I probably won't be around as much tomorrow...as I'm guessing many of you will be busy as well....hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy holiday!

xx

July 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
For your Panda post it was all I could do not to say "Is Karin pregnant?"
kbpeanut and Mom2JDub like this.

July 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
I almost didn't post that....but figured it was ok. I hope nobody that knows slips! I know the peeps at the Park suspect already....

July 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Feel free to delete my second comment if it's too suggestive for you.

July 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Nah, i love it! We're really hoping to get something on FB sooner rather than later...and honestly, we've told all the people we need to tell that might be offended if they found out via FB, so if something did slip (and i'm not giving anyone here permission!! ) it wouldn't be a tragedy. But, I have a cute idea that I stole from another grad, that I want to see if we can pull off for our FB reveal...if it works, it will be uber cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search