Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Such a cute pic, but somehow you triple posted? For some reason I read red kangaroo but pictured red panda. Odd!!

Sean is the same way with the car seat and car. Silly boys!

As for the condom thing, we're not the best with that. In fact, we DTD about 1x per week and I don't think we own any condoms. We just risk it. I was told by my Dr that it's hard to track when your cycle will return when you're nursing but I just make sure we don't DTD if I notice anything that could potentially be fertile CM. At 17 weeks PP there is only one day I thought I had watery and that was it. Honestly, I cannot imagine DTD with a condom. We still have to take it slow. Not sure if it's due to pushing so long because other ladies in my PR DTD less than us and say it feels normal again, but not many push for 2 hours! You still haven't written your birth story (hint, hint ) but from what you've written so far I imagine you might have had a similar experience to me? Lots and lots of lube!!

I'm so jealous of all your time at the park! And Pat sounds like such a great father and helper!

February 26th, 2013, 08:03 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I don't know what the heck happened with that triple post!?!?

I can't even imagine DTD right now anyway...ouch. I should have mentioned that I have been chipping away at my birth story the past week or so. I am documenting the entire experience and thus it's long. I'm already on page 8 and I have only just got to the actual birth! But, I feel ya on the pushing thing...I pushed for 3 hours

I hope to get my birth story posted later this week

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 27th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I feel cruddy still for dtd bit I pushed for 4 hours and delivered so ew lol. We aren't using protection either hehe. I had pp hormone headaches. Felt like clomid ones. Also I get dehydration and hunger headaches easy from bf so much. Really hard to keep up on the water/food requirements for me.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
February 27th, 2013, 03:54 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No condoms here and I've just got finished my first PP AF

I had a lot of "damage" down there from Jordan, but eventually DTD started to feel normal (and enjoyable!) again. Just know that the first few times will be rough. But I agree with Robyn--lots of lube!! And they say BFing can dry you out as well, but I haven't had an issue with that for a little while now.

February 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A spinal headache won't necessarily go away when you lay down. My cousin's wife went through this. Definitely get them to check into it. I have heard they are just miserable headaches.

I hate to say it, but I agree about condoms if you are going to dtd...at least for now. The waiting for six weeks after isn't just for physical healing, but because you are EXTREMELY fertile during that time period. If things are that bad though I imagine you'll be waiting a bit longer anyway. :/

Bax is SO cute!! I love that you are getting out with him to the park. I really credit us taking Joseph out and about so early with the reason that he loves to be outside so much now. And I know people say it all the time but I have to say it again anyway. Don't blink. This time is gone in a flash! I will say from experience though that while I seriously mourned the passing of Joseph's babyhood, it just keeps getting better and more amazing as we go.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
February 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Expecting #1
Love the picture! Glad you get to take Bax to the park! It's nice to get outside and get a little exercise.

February 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you're getting into a good routine. Love that little Bax.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
March 1st, 2013, 02:48 AM
It's currently 240am. I am up nursing Bax and could t be happier. Why?

Because I was able to nurse him to sleep by 1030pm last night which meant that I was in bed by 1045 and he slept through to tis feeding! I woke him up at 220 finally because he was mewling a bit but he conceivably might have slept longer. DH went to bed at 930 since he got only about 4 hours sleep the night before due to staying up trying to get Bax to sleep until almost 1 am then had to get up for an early meeting at work. Since B went to bed so late, he didn't get up for his middle of night feeding until 430am the we both went back to sleep until 830 - so I got lots of sleep and he didn't.

Anyhow, if he goes back to sleep after this, which he usually does, DH will do his normal morning bottle at around 6 before work and I will sleep and get up around 715 when he leaves.

Basically this is the earliest we have gotten Baxter to bed in almost ever!!!
JennyLee and Nicholle ttc like this.

March 1st, 2013, 03:04 AM
Expecting #1
Yay for more sleep! Ember seems to want to go down for the night between 11-1230. We try to get her down earlier and sometimes we are successful, but for some reason 11-1230 is her bedtime. She sleeps until at least 5 or 6 though, so I'm not complaining. It's nice when they get to that age where they sleep better at night, but I will say I still get up and check on her to make sure everything is okay. hopefully tonight will be a trend for you and Bax will sleep in a nice schedule.

March 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
If I send you cute Emmalyn pics can I get a birth story? Lol Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeease

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
March 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Yay! I hope this is the start to some good sleeping for Scooter and his parents!

March 3rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Super cute pics of Baxter!

Yay for getting in a better sleep routine. Sounds like things are going good!!! I don't k is what to tell you about the condom no condom thing... I just don't think I could ever good back to condoms .

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 6th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Working on birth story

We have had a bit of a regression this past week. Nothing bad and Baxter is doing well, but for 3 nights in a row, he decided he wasnt going to sleep at night. That meant 3 very long tired nights for this mommy. He seems to be getting back on track but we are still far from routine. Now he is in a fussy stage. He cries a ton more than he ever has. Last night DH sent me up for a hot bath to relax a bit while he took baby, but I could t relax since all I could hear was a sad baby

It's 430am and he is happy as a clam now.

I was awakened this early morning not by baby wanting to eat but by American Airlines calling to tell DH that his flight for today was cancelled. He was scheduled to go to the east coast for 3 days but thankfully is not due to weather. His first trip after baby was supposed to be a day trip on Friday but then this east coaster popped up. Now we are back to the day trip. Better to ease me in to him being gone. He is leaving for 3 days on Monday though. Ugh. I am going to be so tired. The only way I have been functional is because DH takes baby at night and I go to bed early. He also does the early morning feed before work. Now that will be all on me, which if he were sleeping at a normal hour and not up all night that might be ok.

Speaking of not being up all night, he is done eating so I need to get us both back to bed

March 6th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Ugh! Sorry he has to be back to traveling already! We just finished a sleep regression here. No fun! I hope he starts sleeping better soon! One day you'll be like us: baby went to sleep at 10pm, woke up twice, but is still sleeping at 10am while Mommy catches up online.

Last edited by Belita; March 6th, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
March 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hope Baxter is doing better at sleeping by the time DH has to be away! Glad you are doing well otherwise!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay for DH's flight being cancelled!!! It will be nice that he only has to go away for a day to start. I hope Bax is sleeping better before be leaves.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 7th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Expecting #1
Aww bummer on DH having to travel again. Hopefully he won't travel as much at first to ease you into a good schedule with Bax. Hopefully your sleep regression is over. Tired mama and no DH to help for even just a day or two doesn't sound fun!

March 7th, 2013, 03:07 AM
It's nearly 3am and I am up for my normal middle of night feeding. The difference is big though. Yesterday, I kept Baxter to a pretty strict 3 hour feeding window in the daytime rather than exclusively demand feed. I still followed his cues so I never let him be hungry but I let him feed better each time. I don't think that was the big difference rather I strictly followed the eat-wake-sleep rule each time. Last night I fed him around 8 so figured he would need an 11 meal. After the 8 feed I went upstairs to take a bath. I came down around 930 and DH said he had given him 2 oz earlier and was just giving him another 2. I was convinced all my scheduling was crap now. But he was hungry so we fed him. He then slept on DHs chest. He decided to swaddle him and try putting him to bed. This has never happened this early. But by 10pm our little guy was fast asleep in his crib! DH came down to get me and we were in bed by 1015! I half expected him to wake up by 11 but he just woke up for this feeding at 230 !! I was a bit uncomfortable sleeping with him in another room at first but we have a video monitor so I had that by my bed. I still probably woke up every hour to check the monitor but honestly I slept so well!

Now, here's hoping he will go back to sleep after he eats. DH has a very early meeting tomorrow so I need to do his morning feed, which DH usually does so I can get an extra hour or so of sleep.

Here's hoping this little guy just needed a lite structure to his schedule and this will get his and our sleeping back on track!

March 7th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Yay!!!

March 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Expecting #1
Hope he gets on a good schedule. That nice sleep stretch must have been nice for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search