Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Getting so big I can't believe it

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 4th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Expecting #1
I hope Bax was just sleepy and cuddly yesterday. I'm sure it was a mommy Bax day though nobody is better to hang out with after shots than mommy is

Yay for the good appointment!

April 8th, 2013, 04:49 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
10 weeks 6 days

I keep meaning to update but lately all my updating has been via phone during Bax's middle of night / early morning feeds. I haven't been able to update lately as easily because he hasn't had any of those! He has been STTN for a week or so now! He just sorta did it one night then never looked back! He did wake up at 4 today though but it wasn't his fault. Peanut was howling and woke him up. (Peanut has been having some GI issues the past 24 hrs so we opted to have him sleep in the old dog room where there is tile vs upstairs where there is mostly carpet).

Things have been great. Bax did really well after his shots. He was sleepy for a few hours after but then seemed normal. I basically just cuddled with him all day anyway.

Like I said above, he has been sleeping really well lately. We get him down at 1030 and he will wake up between 630 and 7. Loving this. We have learned that if we don't put him in a sleep sack, he will fidget so much with his legs that he will kick himself around in circles in his crib. Depending on the jammies he wears we decide if he gets a sack or not but I think we need to adjust the jammies and put him in a sack all the time. I don't like him turning around.... His feet get too close to the slats on the crib and I don't want him getting stuck!

I brought Bax to visit DHs work on Friday. That was fun. It was good to see everyone and they were all excited to meet our Scooter He hadn't napped all day and it was 430, so we expected a short visit and meltdown. We had a long, very well-behaved visit!

Weekend was good. We made more progress on the dog room, got a nice futon yesterday so its more like a library now (the room has wall to wall bookshelves). We are still looking for the right solution for our e ord player though. We also cleaned and organized the garage.

Looking forward to Friday... My MIL is coming on Friday for a long weekend. She gets to see Bax via pictures and FaceTime but I know she can't wait to see him in person. My parents are coming the week after she leaves so it will be a busy couple of weeks but all good

That's about all for now. Hope everyone has a great week!

Oh, one more thing.... We are starting to try CD. We just bought 2 for now...to try out a couple different types and to see how we like the idea. We started with the bunGenius - one 4.0 pocket and one Freetime AIO.

For those CDers out there, do you have a favorite brand and/or type ?? Pros/cons?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I can't believe Bax is 10 weeks already! Wow, time has gone by so fast! Glad that you and the family are doing well.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Glad things are going so well! Yay STTN!!

I have heard good things about CD, but that it's like regular disposables and some babies fit better into some brands then others. I know some places online have "rental sets" that you can get that have a bunch of different kinds and then you send back what you don't want for store credit to get more of the kinds you do want. So that might be something to look into. Here's one that I found that seems to have some of the most flexible terms: Kissed by the Moon Rentals

Hope your family visits go well!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Oh, one more thing.... We are starting to try CD. We just bought 2 for now...to try out a couple different types and to see how we like the idea. We started with the bunGenius - one 4.0 pocket and one Freetime AIO.

For those CDers out there, do you have a favorite brand and/or type ?? Pros/cons?

April 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let me know how the CD goes... I'm getting a breakdown by one of the ladies in my DDC of what I need to get since we're planning on CDing after a month or so.

And that's awesome that he's already starting to STTN!!! YAY SLEEP!!!
WTTC #2
April 8th, 2013, 03:05 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
That is awesome Bax is sleeping so well now! Also, how exciting to have visitors come over the next couple weeks!

Ok...I have to ask, what is CD?

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
11 weeks

CD = cloth diapering. I always knew I would try it at some point but knew I would be too overwhelmed to start with him as a newborn. Now that I have a better idea of his, ahem, habits... we are ready to give it a shot part time for now.

Michelle - I will keep this updated with my trials and tribulations for sure . How are you??

April 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Oh....ok lol. Definitely let us know how that works out. I am just doing disposable to start anyways and then maybe consider CD

April 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't CD a newborn again so I understand waiting. The NB sized cloth diapers just aren't absorbent enough and it's too bulky to do the OS.

I feel like the diaper itself isn't as big of a factor as the insert. I have all kinds of diapers, including China cheapy brands such as Sunbaby and Kawaii and I ended up buying enough BG inserts for everything. The NB inserts are nice and thin and work great as doublers and the OS inserts are very absorbent.

At nighttime I like my Kawaii diapers best because the Snuza stays on them best and they have a high enough rise to hold all the stuffing. I don't change him overnight so his inserts are pretty wet in the morning but we can go up to 12 hours without leaks when I use a OS insert over a hemp doubler. I'll add a layer of bamboo when we need more absorbency.

And the brands do fit differently so play around with what you feel works best. Can't wait to see Scooter's fluffy butt!!

April 9th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Expecting #1
Yay for STTN!! Just in time for visitors too! I am looking at CD, but only for swim diapers so I started that research this past weekend. There is a lot of info on CD right now. Its sort of overwhelming!

April 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I hope cloth diapering works for you all. So much less of a carbon footprint and fluffy butts are the cutest. I can't offer any advice, though, as we use sposies.

It's awesome that Bax is STTN. Hope it stays that way from this point forward.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
April 11th, 2013, 04:36 AM
11 weeks, 2 days

Aaaaand were up in the middle of the night. The past 2 nights, Bax hasn't slept quite as long as he has been. Yesterday he was up just before 5am and this morning it was 330. It's funny how quickly my body adjusted to the extra sleep I had been getting. I'm hoping this is either a mild sleep regression or a result of the fact that he fell asleep nursing both nights just a little earlier than normal.

Otherwise doing well. He isn't napping terribly well during the daytime and when he is, it's now in the morning rather than the afternoons like it had been. He isn't really too fussy though and his nighttime fussies aren't any worse than they normally are, so he is probably just adjusting to the longer hours of night sleep.

He did great with his shots last week, no side effects at all.

Went to the Park yesterday, Baxter met Dune, a dromedary camel. For those on FB or IG, you may have seen the pic that one of the trainers took of us

Continuing to do research on CD. I am hoping to visit our local cloth diapering store tomorrow and learn more. We are committed to giving it a fair shake by trying a few different styles and brands. Now that I've got it in my head, I cringe at every sposie I toss. Seems like such a lot of trash. I'm sure we will always use them for his and that but I really like the option of cloth on his bum.

My awesome MIL is coming on Friday! Not sure what we have planned, probably just mostly letting her spend time with B. She is already insisting that we go on date night, which I think we will, as long as B is doing well. We have plenty of milk frozen (probably in the 90-100oz range), so she can feed him if needed.

Guess that's all for now. He is starting to slowly lose interest in eating so hopefully I can get back to bed soon.

Hope everyone is well!
xx

April 11th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the regression. Hopefully it's just a growth spurt and he'll be back to STTN soon!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh I haven't been on JM in forever! I do have a suggestion for you though. Probiotics! Bio Gaia makes probably the best on the market (you can buy it at Walgreens or on Amazon). It's crazy expensive, but I guarantee you that Baxter's evening fussiness will disappear within just a few days. You give him 5 drops once a day. That's it! You can put it in his bottle, but it's such a small amount that even at his age you can just use a spoon to tip it into his mouth and then you don't have to worry if he doesn't finish his bottle. We started Joseph on Bio Gaia because he had late day colic (I didn't know it was colic), after 3-4 days he was down to just an hour of fussiness and by a week it was completely gone.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
April 14th, 2013, 06:10 AM
11 weeks 5 days

Having a great time with MIL! Just wanted to report that Scooter is now in size 2 diapers

We are still making the transition to cloth and that will take time so he'll be in sposies for a while still. He had been having way more leaks and blow outs lately so I had DH pick up a pack of 2s at the store yesterday to try. We have a huge unopened box of 1s and we were nearing the end of the open 1s so wanted to check before opening the big new box. Sure enough, we will be exchanging the 1s for 2s! Big boy!
Mom2JDub likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Sorry about the regression. I hope it passes soon. I can't wait to hear your feedback on the CD. Size 2 already! It's amazing how fast they grow!

Have fun with the MIL!

April 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Getting so big. Seems like IVF was just yesterday

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel the same way about using sposies, but Sean has been in them for the past month since we've had so much upheaval. He'll be back in cloth after this weekend, though.

I saw the pics with the camel. So cute! I hope you had a great date night!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search