Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I can haz birthstory? lol

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 25th, 2013, 03:23 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
I can haz birthstory? lol
yup! I can't believe I haven't posted it yet. I wrote it a long time ago, while it was fresh in my head. I will try and remember this week!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 25th, 2013, 04:14 AM
3 months, 3 days

Where do my days go? How is my little Scooter already 3 months old?!

I do not update here nearly as often as I'd like, mostly because I hate typing from my phone. Also, when I do have free time during the day, seems like I'm always rushing around trying to do this or that-- usually cleaning up, doing laundry, or trying to cram lunch into my mouth. Given that I no longer have a baby that naps for more than 20 min at a time, those times are at a premium. I always did my updating during middle of night feedings but when he started STTN a few weeks ago, that stopped. But alas, it's 4 am and here I am. He woke up about 230 and from what I can tell via monitor, he pooped and woke himself up when I came to change him, he was super smiley and wanted to play. I changed him and he promptly let me know he was hungry so I fed him. He's asleep in my lap now but figured I would at least do a small update.

Things are great. He is sleeping well most nights but every now and then he will wake up at 2 or 4. He is consistently going down around 10. Later than we'd like but better than the 12-1 we started with. He is growing like a weed, already outgrowing many of his 6 month things. Mostly in length, not girth. He is a long and skinny one.

My MIL was here for a long weekend and we had a great time. She lived spending the time with Bax. We even went out to dinner and a movie one afternoon/night while she babysat. So nice! Then my folks came from Florida for a long weekend. It was the first time my Dad met him. He loved him, of course. . They left a couple days ago so we are getting back to routine now that our guests are gone.

We are slowly learning the ways of CD. I have a small stash and it is slowly growing. We have a few different kinds and brands to start -- AIO, pockets, fitteds. I like the idea of AIOs but so far the brand we tried hasnt worked well (GroVia) and we are suspecting a fit issue. The pockets are great and the fit is great (BG). We have yet to try the Bummis bamboo fitted with Blueberry cover or the Blueberry AIO yet, and I am going to order some workhorse fitteds as well. Once I put his first CD on him, I knew it was the right thing, and he even seemed to enjoy wearing them. Washing is going to be fun, at least until I learn and master a routine.

Other than that he is doing great. He is starting to try and pull himself up to a seated position when he holds my fingers. He hasn't rolled over yet and doesn't seem to have interest. He doesn't care much for tummy time but that's improving too. He tolerates it much more if he isn't on his activity mat and prefers a quilt on the floor instead

Ok I need to get him back to bed, with myself to follow. Hope everyone is doing well xx
SmilingSam likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Expecting #1
What a great update! Glad you had a great time with the grandparents

April 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Aww, long and skinny like Jack.

Tell me a baby that enjoys tummy time when they can't yet get around? It's a cruel form of punishment.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
April 26th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post

Tell me a baby that enjoys tummy time when they can't yet get around? It's a cruel form of punishment.
Ember actually really likes tummy time, especially if she is propped on her tummy on the boppy. She would rather be on her tummy than on her back on her play mat. When she rolls over from tummy to back and I roll her back over though, she gets mad. I guess I have the baby that wants to be different
blueeyes25s, Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:31 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad you had a great time with your MIL and that's awesome your dad got to finally me Bax!

We tried tummy time with Ashton a couple of times and he doesn't seem to like it much either at this point.

Forever missing my angel 2010

May 4th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Hows everything going? Cough cough birth story cough cough. lol I know I am annoying I stop asking I promise.

May 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Ok I had a big update half typed from earlier today, then I got sidetracked, came back, and its gone. Lame!

In a nutshell, we are good. Sorry for the lack of updates but Scooter has been keeping me on my toes. This little guy is a handful! He is doing well. He will be 4 months old on Wednesday and along with that milestone comes his shots. DH is traveling (again... he has been gone most of May) so it's just me. Hope he handles them like a champ as with his 2 month shots. We shall see.

He is growing every day it seems. He is looking more like a little boy each day. He loves tummy time now, and has started to really enjoy his various playthings. His current favorites are his lifefactory and Ringley teethers. Of course the ultimate favorite is his crinkly green monster.

He hates naptime. For my IG followers, you see almost daily evidence of this. He will sleep if I wear him and that's about it. He rarely seems like he needs a nap though so we aren't too worried, but it makes it really hard to get things done. He is STTN and in his crib. Bedtime is still later than we would like (around 1030) but its tolerable. He sleeps until about 730 most days. I'll take it!!

He is long and skinny we think though his cheeks are chubbin' out a bit these days. I'll be curious to know how much he weighs and how long he is. We will find out in Wed. He is in a mix of 3-6 and 6-12 clothes. He wears mostly bamboo, because he sweats so much in regular cotton. He is in cloth diapers 90% of the time now but when he's in sposies, its a size 2.

I think teething has begun. For the last few weeks he has been getting increasingly drooly, and always chewing on his fingers, or preferably, mine. Yesterday and today he has been exceptionally fussy, and after ruling out all else, nursing is the only thing that seems to comfort him. Baltic amber will be ordered tomorrow. I always knew I would have him wear it, but thought I would have a little warning. This seemed to come out of thin air! I also have a couple other teething/nursing necklaces on the way since his little hands are so fidgety when he nurses.

I think that's about it for now. It's 11pm and he's been asleep on my lap for the past half hour. I'm hoping for a smooth transition to the crib and a good nights sleep for all!
Crystallee likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Oh couple more things. He can now sit in his snug seat (mamas and papas version of a bumbo) and he is learning to have fun in his jumparoo! We watch Jeopardy together most every night so he is learning big words and getting his smarts at a young age . And I'm pretty sure I have mommy thumb syndrome. It's not bad yet so I'm trying to correct for it best I can before it gets out of hand. It doesn't help that I'm constantly on my phone/iPad trying to do work here and there whenever I have a free second!

And finally, Peanut loves Bax
Nicholle ttc likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Thank you so much for the update Karin! Miss you! So glad that Bax is doing well. Is he guessing the answers yet while watching Jeopardy? He's such a cutie and he's getting so big! GL at Wednesday's appt and KUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
And finally, Peanut loves Bax
XO

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great to see an update from the Karin. I miss you round these parts! I cant believe Bax is almost 4 mos old already It doesnt feel like two minutes since I stayed up late into the night checking for your update to find out about your BFP!

Great to hear that he's getting on well with peanut, I hope they're keeping eachother company as the tiny people of the house!

Hows Bax enjoying the zoo? Does he have any favourites yet? Or does he follow his mom's preference for goats?!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

May 23rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
I that peanut loves Bax I can't believe how old our kids are!

May 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he's doing well! I had a great sleeper until he turned 4 months. I hope that Scooter doesn't pull that on you!

Crystal, I think we'll get that birth story when Bax leaves for college. ;-)
Crystallee and Nicholle ttc like this.

May 25th, 2013, 01:09 AM
I even found a begging kitty!
blueeyes25s likes this.

June 1st, 2013, 12:59 AM
Sorry for such a lack of updates, were in the midst of a sleep regression, teething, and general yuck. Poor kiddo just seems miserable most of the time. He went from sleeping 8-9 hours at night to barely getting to sleep by 12-1 am, then up at 2 and 4 and 6. He's teething on top of that and is full of droopy, spitty goodness. He likes his life factory tether the best, but mostly he prefers to gnaw on my knuckles. I went from having a baby who STTN, never fussed except for about an hour at night, and who happily played all day to a baby who sleeps in barely 2 hour increments, and who cries all the time. The only thing that calms him is me wearing him, which I do a lot anyway. He isn't as bad as I make it sound, nothing else is wrong, he checked out perfect at the ped last week. Hylands tabs help. All very normal for this age. I miss my chummy baby.

His 4 month well check was good. I went alone as DH was traveling. (He was gone almost all of May and will be gone most of June too). His check up was great. He is 15lbs 1.1oz and 26 in. Tall for sure, and average weight. He loves tummy time, sits up in his Snug seat, and tries to army crawl. His fav toy is still the crinkly green monster, but he is exposed to many different toys, textures,sounds, and such, each day. He loves his jumparoo. He tolerates his swing well. He has learned to despise his bouncy seat. Probably because he spent a ton of time in it early on. He still doesn't nap. Well, nap normally anyway. He naps on my lap, which I allow once a day to make sure he gets sleep. He also naps when I wear him, which I do around the house, but mostly I take him to the Safari Park and walk around for a few hours.

I had some pump woes a few weeks ago. My medela freestyle crapped out on me. I called medela, and they replaced it right away. They would have shipped it out overnight right then but the freestyle was out of stock for a week. I returned my crapped out one, and when I got my replacement, realized that. Was only supposed to send back the pump and plug, not the tubing. So for the past week, I have had a pump but no tubes. I called medela, explained my confusion and that I mistakenly sent back my tubes, and they immediately sent me a new set. I could buy them, but they are $60 for the kit. Meh, they didn't even ask any questions. One thing about Medela...their cust serv is phenom. My tubes should be here tomorrow. I really need to get pumping again. We haven't been using too many bottles, and I had about 100oz frozen, but we still went through a bunch recently with this regression. I needed sleep every 3rd night, so DH would take a turn when he was in town or mostly on weekends. Hoping to get my stash replenished soon.

We are almost exclusively cloth diapering now. He is in sposies at night until I find a good solution, and sometimes for part of laundry days (still building stash). I think I have about 16 pockets/AIOs, 4 covers (only 2 that fit), a contour, and half dozen pre folds. I have 2 more Ai2s on the way also. He just started having a reaction to something, it's mild but there. I think I isolated the diaper, and its one of my favs, so might need to swap the liner. Clears right up with some earth mama angel baby though.

I'm sure I could update more, but can't think of much now. DH is upstairs feeding Bax, after he woke up after sleeping for 45 min. I need to go to bed since he will wake up again in another hour or so. Hope you are all well. Hope to be better about writing. I read all the time, just don't post.

Crystal -- I opened the file that contains my birth story. At least it's open on the computer now. It's a start?

xx

June 1st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Its a start! Copy and PASTE lady. I was just up typing an Emminem update

June 1st, 2013, 08:07 AM
Oh ya, AF arrived last night !

June 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
AF!!! Booooo. Or yay. Depends how you look at it lol.

June 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boo AF! It's weird. I got AF once at 6 months PP exactly but haven't even Oed again yet.

That 4 month sleep regression is awful! It ruined my great sleeper, too. That's when we started co-sleeping since Bert doesn't do nights.

Sounds like Bax is doing great! I cannot believe he is 4 months already! That stinks that Pat has to travel so much lately.

And I'm with Crystal. Just copy and paste, woman! Takes 2 seconds once you have the doc open! Took you longer to type that the document is open than it'd have taken you to copy and paste it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search