Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I barely post on here anymore but it's great to read an update <3

June 6th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So sorry about Bax. Hopefully the regression is short lived. Love seeing cute pics of Bax on fb.

Um, where is the birth story?

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Expecting #1
Great update! Hopefully the 4 month sleep regression isnt the new normal for you. I went through at the 3.5 month mark and it lasted about 2 weeks, but Ember would just wake once in the middle of the night instead of STTN and it was usually right at 4AM. So it wasnt bad. She did sort of wake several times last night, she would whine for a few seconds, but never opened her eyes. A few times I gave her the paci, other times she just went back to sleep. Now I just have a feeling she is going to crawl up on all fours tonight, because I read there is another minor sleep regression at the start of crawling and walking.

Boo to the pump issues and your DH for traveling so much.

June 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi! I can't believe Bax is getting so Big! 4 1/2 mos already
Glad to see an update from you.
Last time I posted DH and I were getting ready to do donor sperm because of his sperm count issues,tried twice and nothing.
Then we just went back to doing what we were doing.
I am late and I had a few drops of spotting,then nothing.
I thought maybe implantation bleeding? So I took a test and got a light positive.
So it looks like I might be pregnant!he might have had some swimmers in there after all ill keep you posted.
So glad Bax is doing good,except for the teething and sleep issues.it will get better soon,hang in there!
June 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hi,How's Bax doing?
Just giving you an update,I went to dr on Monday,and they confirmed pregnancy with blood test,but beta levels were low.
On Wed. Morning when I got up I started having heavy bleeding,when back to dr and they confirmed I was having a miscarriage,chemical pregnancy.
This is the second one I've had,so I'm pretty upset.
I am wondering if it will ever happen for me.
Hope everything is going great with you,and Bax is sleeping better.
Keep us updated
June 25th, 2013, 10:31 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Just checking in to see how you all are doing .

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you all are doing great!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Gah! It's been so long since I updated. We are good. Baxter is not sleeping well these days. For about the past 10 days he has a hard time going to sleep, finally get him down around 11-12. Then he is up again. By 1 or 2 and wants to nurse ALL NIGHT. It goes until about 5am. I have basically been sleeping on the nursery floor with my boob in his mouth. Neither of us are sleeping well. He has also learned to roll from front to back and does this in his crib now. But then he wakes up instead of sleeping that way. We are all just tired.

He is starting to sit unassisted for very brief moments. He loves his toys and loves grabbing my face and pulling it towards his slobbery open mouth for a kiss. He adores his jumperoo. He is starting to reach for things more and more. He was in a pool both Sat and Sun this past weekend. It took him a bit to get used to it but once he did, he loved it!

We are headed to Chicago next week for his baptism and my dads 70th birthday. A little stressed about first time travel but I'm sure it will be fine.

Sorry I don't write as much anymore

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Sorry that Bax isn't sleeping. Enjoy your trip to Chicago! XO

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Enjoy your trip to Chicago! Hope you have really nice weather while you are there!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Expecting #1
Enjoy Chicago and hope Bax has a great baptism!

July 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
It's great to hear from you, even if it's a short update! Karin, if I could attach my boob to Ashton's mouth I think he would be a happier baby lol. Sometimes those babies just prefer the real thing to calm them down and sleep. I'm sorry he's having such a rough time sleeping. I hope he gets back into a good sleeping routine.

Have fun in Chiacgo next weekend. I hope everything goes good.

It's great to hear from you, even if it's a short update! Karin, if I could attach my boob to Ashton's mouth I think he would be a happier baby lol. Sometimes those babies just prefer the real thing to calm them down and sleep. I'm sorry he's having such a rough time sleeping. I hope he gets back into a good sleeping routine.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Oh for Pete's sake. It's been WAY too long since I updated here. There are only so many hours in a day, and I just never seem to make it here to update. Let's see how brief I can make this!

Baxter turned 6 months on Monday. Time really does fly. I know it's often said, and I heard it a ton, but it really is true. My little Scooter is half a year old! He had his 6 month well visit this morning. Here are some stats:

Weight: 18lbs 9oz
Height: 27"
Head: 44cm

All of those put him in the 70th percentile for each grouping. I swore he was going to be 20lbs, but alas, not quite. He is doing well in all regards.

Some milestones of late:
* he is basically STTN, give or take a few times when he'll wake about an hour after putting him down. This is recent, and he is almost always hungry. (more on this in a bit).
* he is just starting to sit unassisted for short periods. He probably was able to do it a couple weeks ago, but he didn't want to...he likes to fling himself around. If he was focused on something and not paying attention to the sitting, he could have done it long before this week.
* he shows a lot of interest in standing (eek!). He loves to jump around - in his jumperoo, while on our lap, anytime.
* he loves tummy time - and usually when we put him on his back, he will promptly roll to his tummy. (of course right now, he's on his back next to me playing, and has peed 3 times - we are having nekkid time!)
* he isn't crawling or scooting yet, but he can maneuver himself in circles and backwards relatively well
* he is a BOY. He is quickly earning the name Bam Bam.
* he loves to giggle now. All i have to do is open my mouth really wide and he laughs. He also likes to scream, which he's doing right now, alternating with blowing raspberries, and making a sound like a porpoise. (just posted a short vid on Instagram)
* he is teething, and has been for 2 months...but no tooths! He is a drool monster, and constantly wants to rub my fingers on his bottom gums. Not even a bud, though, yet. He has some bad days, and when he does, we give him Hylands, which seems to help calm him down.

He is still exclusively breastfed (woohoo 6 months!), and I have NO intention on stopping. I love BF, and honestly (no judging), I would breastfeed him until he is 5 if I could. I will do long term BF if I am able (depending on our plans for expanding our family, and as long as my milk supply allows, and if he doesn't self-wean). BF is the most enjoyable part of my days (even if sometimes he swats and kicks and tugs). I just find the benefits to mom and baby are so great, I don't ever want to stop.

But, in the recent 3 weeks or so, it has become VERY clear that he is interested in food. He is always watching every time we put something in our mouth, and he is always grabbing at our food. That, plus, he has started night waking again to eat, and some feedings during the day, he doesn't appear to be quite full. So, with his doctor's blessing this morning, we are starting solids today. Organic avocado is the first food we will try. Going to puree with a bit of breast milk tonight for dinner and see how it goes.

We are still cloth diapering, and it's going very well. We have a definite preference on what works best for him and what we like, but my stash is quite varied. We still use sposies here and there, and usually at night still, since we still havent found a great nighttime solution yet. We switch between Pampers and Naty.

We go on lots of outings during the week...usually to the Safari Park at least 2 times, if not more. We do errands, and have lunch dates with Dad. We walk around the neighborhood and play in the nursery and backyard. He loves his stroller (City Mini), but I mostly wear him. I have a plethora of carriers I use and switch between - but he can most frequently be found in one of my Tula's or my ring sling.

All in all, we are great here. We just got back from a trip home to Chicago to have him baptized in the church where I grew up. It was a great trip - saw both of our families, and our closest friends got to meet Bax for the first time.

Ok, he is reaching the end of his rope playing nekkid on the floor, so I must go. But, wanted to give a proper update. I will try and come back and post a few pics (but most of you have me on FB, so have probably seen them already!)

xx

July 24th, 2013, 07:15 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hi Karin! I'm thinking of back on to the boards, and naturally, this was one of my first stops Great to hear that things are going so well for you guys.
Nicholle ttc likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 25th, 2013, 09:25 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only NOT enjoyable part of breastfeeding is getting bitten (with teeth!) I miss when Jordan was toothless lol

Great update, Karin! So glad to hear everything is going well
Nicholle ttc likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its great to hear from you Karin. 6 months! wow - time has flown by! Glad to hear that Baxter is growing well and having fun being a proper little boy - the nickname bam bam sounds great!

I saw your photo on fb of Baxter having the avocado, looks like he was enjoying it!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Miss you Karin! I can't believe Bax is 6 months! He is so big! I love the pics on fb! And of course, thank you again for all of your support. I'll keep you posted on my next endeavers and may need to pick your brain as well!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 27th, 2013, 08:34 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Love seeing the pics on facebook. Thinking of you

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean has 5 teeth and the only time he's bitten me is when I was tickling him as he tried to latch on. Stupid me! He's a big boy! Great job, mama!!

September 10th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Wow. I am TARDY with some updates. Honestly though, most everyone who reads this I am FB friends with so it would be nothing new.

Basically, all is fab. Baxter is 7.5 months old and just the love of my life. I am loving life as a SAHM/natural parent. Life is just good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search