Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you had such a good day with the goats.

And so happy that your phone calls and texts have all gone well. It must be wonderful to feel all the love.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 5th, 2012, 09:14 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
10w3d - Thursday that feels like Monday!
Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday, we had a busy day! DH decided when we got up that he wanted Denny's for breakfast...so, we went to Denny's! I had a bunch of food, and regretted it shortly after. I decided, though, that Denny's has pretty yummy hot cocoa! I just realized I really canNOT eat big meals anymore.

We got home, showered, then made some yummy fruit snacks for the party. We went to the party, which was about a half hour away. It was 80 and sunny at our house, but about 68 and cloudy at theirs I had a sundress on, but it was long, so at least my legs were covered...and I had a shawl, plus a sweatshirt I always keep in my car anyway. I only needed the shawl, but it was still disappointing.

Party was fun, small group, lots of good eats (though a lot of grilled meats which did NOT look appealing), and bocce and bags. We stayed until almost 5, which was pretty impressive on my part, then headed home, at which point I had to lie down for the rest of the night. I really overdid it. I didn't do much at the BBQ, but I did stand a lot, which apparently did me in. DH made us some caprese paninis for a snack, which I only should have eaten half, then I went to bed at 9. I was ready for bed at 8. I felt crummy, tummy ache, my belly felt like it had been stretching all day, and I was exhausted. I went to bed at 9, slept like crap all night. Between getting up to pee a million times, then waking up on my tummy (hurt), or side (belly ached from falling to the side), or on my back (back ache), I just had a rough night's sleep. I'm ordering a body pillow today.

Today is supposed to be school day, but I'm going to the Park, and doing school tomorrow. My fav keeper is working today, and I haven't seen her much since April. She is off on Fridays, so I may end up switching my school day to Fridays for a while. That being said, I'm headed out shortly...just finished my pancakes and cocoa, and want to get to the Park earlier rather than later...since parking gets crowded this week, holiday week and all.

I will check in later today! Hope everyone had a good 4th!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 6th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
July 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remind myself every time I eat that I can't eat as big of meals anymore. Unfortunately, it's usually AFTER I eat and feel overstuffed!

Glad you had fun yesterday, even if you did overdo it. Sounds like you didn't miss much with San Diego's fireworks show anyways.

July 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I remind myself every time I eat that I can't eat as big of meals anymore. Unfortunately, it's usually AFTER I eat and feel overstuffed!

Glad you had fun yesterday, even if you did overdo it. Sounds like you didn't miss much with San Diego's fireworks show anyways.
Heehee, ya, the SD fireworks seemed to have made the news all around! We never go downtown...we live about 35 min north of the city, and that is just a huge massive crowd that I wouldn't want to deal with on a normal day, let alone pregnant!

Ya, I need to really be better at portion management. Whatever I'm doing now is NOT working.

July 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
10w3d - I played with goats instead of doing my school work!
Yep, I went to the park this morning, and just got home. FULL day. I am super tired, and probably massively overdid it. I didn't really walk around much, and stayed out of the sun, but still, was out all day. I didn't really eat much either. I ate my pancakes for breakfast, and then a baggie of cheesy poofs as a snack. I had a ton of snacks with me, but nothing sounded good. I had an Odwalla Protein Smoothie when I got home, and it was deelish and full of protein, so I got some good nutrients in. DH is about to leave work, asking what we have for dinner. Our week got all screwed up b/c of the holiday, so all I have is a few leftovers, not enough to really make much, and stuff for tuna casserole.

All I know is that I need to get my butt on the couch, and lie down for a bit soon. But a full day with my goat friends was SO worth it. I just love those girls to death. Especially Mandi (Mandolin). For those of you I have on FB, I posted a pic of her the other day...she just follows me around, and if I sit down, she will either sit at my feet, or play with my backpack. Her brother Trumpet does the same back pack thing. I missed them so much! (See why people call me the Goat Whisperer?)

I normally do most of my school work on Thursdays, but opted to do it tomorrow instead. I had a fun day today, so I'm glad I went. There is still one trainer who I'm convinced is trying to get me to admit I'm pregnant. I won't go into the exchange we had, but it was pretty funny. I'm still playing dumb though, and just seeing how far it will go. I did see the 2 trainers I'm closest with today, a couple times, and I thought for SURE they would notice, but they really didn't. They were, of course, distracted with kangaroos, fossas, and owls and such

So, this is my update, I will be on more tomorrow, I promise!

Hope everyone has a wonderous night!
xx
Nicholle ttc likes this.

July 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
We've been laughing about the SD fireworks too. I would have been so ticked off if I would have gone for the show and THAT happened.

Glad you had another nice day with the goats. Good luck with all your schoolwork tomorrow. Hope you get some rest too.

July 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM
10w4d - Friday, School Day.
Blech. I ate too much pancakes for breakfast. I only ate about 1 2/3 pancake, but they were big ones, leftover from our July 4 Denny breakfast. DH reminded me that when I make my own every morning, they are tiny, and all in total probably added up to 1 of the big ones I ate. And I ate almost 2. Blech.

I really need to learn to eat smaller meals.

Since I've spent all week playing with the goats, today is school day. No problem, I am tired, and don't feel like leaving the house. I already did a lot around here this morning - all the things I can't do at night b/c I'm so tired. Cleaned up the kitchen, did all the dishes, took care of dog stuff, went through mail, took out garbage (DH took out the cans, but he missed a bag, plus I cleaned out the fridge...I hate when I forget to do that until after trash day!).

But now, time for school. I have laundry to do, but it's not critical, so we will see if it happens or not.

I just realized this is our last totally free weekend until the end of August! Next weekend, DH is in Vegas for a bachelor party. Then every weekend after that, we have to prep for our camping trip in early August. That trip takes up 2 full weekends (10 day trip), then the very next weekend after we get back, we are going to Denver for a wedding. Jeez! I hope this weekend brings a lot of relaxing. The weather is supposed to be nice, so depending how I feel, we may head to our pool, the beach, or maybe SeaWorld or something fun. We shall see. Right now, I just want to lay by water and nap

I can't wait for the new Kindle to launch! I've been waiting to get it because I want the one with the light built in, since I love to read in bed. Rumor has it that it's out in July, so I am (im)patiently waiting. The nook is already out with that light, but Amazon has a much better book selection, so I'm waiting the little extra for Kindle. Our Amazon order from earlier this week is starting to arrive. Got the new toner for my printer (weeeee!), and the fire proof safe. The camping gear should arrive today and through the weekend. Yay!

Ok, off to make one more cup of cocoa (yum) and get going on school.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
xx

July 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
10w4d - I FINISHED ALL MY SCHOOL update
Yep, finished every last bit of school! Well, close. I did all my readings, all my study guides, all my homework questions, both papers, both tests, and both discussions!! All I have to do is one final assignment (extra paper this week for one class). DH already told me next week is hell week for him (quarterly executive meetings), so that means he will totally have work this weekend. I will just do that paper then. I'm so burnt out right now, I can't imagine doing another paper. But I got a TON done.

I have felt super yucky all day. Not sick, but a tad constantly queasy. I am just now starting to get hungry (4pm), after my breakfast at 8am. I forced myself to eat a big bowl of blueberries and raspberries, but I had to put sugar on them. Who does that??? Jeez! Major sweet tooth.

I also just realized a few min ago that I never uploaded my belly pic from this week, so I did that. It will be fun to watch the waxing and waning of my belly, along with my progressive tan. No matter how much SPF I wear, I still usually get super tan.

So, that's that. Nothing else new. Oh! There is. I feel this tiny feeling that I might be able to do pizza for dinner. Being that pizza has been my only serious food aversion so far, this is a big deal. DH is all too pleased! I told him this at 2pm, and to be prepared for it to change by the time he leaves work. He said "Whatever baby tummy needs, baby tummy gets!". So cute.

Ok, off to work on my photo book project (yes, still)!

Happy Weekend all!
xx
Nicholle ttc likes this.

July 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hope you're still in the mood for pizza tonight. Either way, enjoy!

July 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
awww, Pat is to cute! Glad you got so much done and hope you still get to enjoy the pizza tonight!

July 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Hope you're still in the mood for pizza tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
...hope you still get to enjoy the pizza tonight!
It's just after 5, and so far, pizza still sounds great (but ONLY from BJs, and ONLY bacon cheeseburger!)
Mom2JDub likes this.

July 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
mmmm yummy!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Expecting #1
Do you normally have a sweet tooth? It looks like you have been craving sweets so far.

Sounds like you have a busy couple of weekends ahead of you. Hopefully you will start feeling better.

July 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Do you normally have a sweet tooth? It looks like you have been craving sweets so far.
Not in the slightest! I am salt, salt, salt! I RARELY eat sweets...and that's ALL I'm eating now. I've had many people tell me that 100% means boy. Plus, I've been guessing boy for a while anyway! We shall see!

July 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
11w0d -
I cannot believe I am 11 weeks! Inching ever closer to that 2nd trimester. I still haven't decided when it starts...

I had a so-so weekend. Friday, we ordered pizza, and for the first time this entire pregnancy, I was able to eat pizza! I had 2 pieces, and it was so tasty! The place messed up our order, though, since DH hates the red onions that come on this particular pizza, I always order it without (I love them though). So when he got there, they had already realized the mistake and started making another. So, we ended up with TWO pizzas instead of one. Of course the 2nd was free of charge. But still, now we have twice as much pizza to eat!

Sat, we got up early, grabbed breakfast, and went up north about 30 minutes to a town's "Old Town", and walked around the shops and such. Lots of antique stores and wine tasting rooms (of course we skipped that). It was hotter than sin, so it was good practice for our Sturgis trip, which is much of the same. Hot and walking around in jeans (we were on the bike, so jeans necessary). I found that I will need frequent, but short, breaks, and I should be fine. Hydration will also be necessary. About half way through our visit, I saw a couple walking down the street with Starbucks. I decided I needed iced tea, pronto. So we went, I got a Venti Passion Iced Tea (decaf), and it was SO tasty. I often drink the passion tea hot, but I've never had it iced. I have to check to see if I have any more, I think I might have a few tea bags left...and steep some iced tea this week.

After we left there, we headed to the Safari Park for the remainder of the day. By the time we got there, DH was hungry (it was about 2), so he had a cheeseburger, and I had an ear of grilled corn (summer special!). We walked around a bit, then went to cheetah run, which I have rarely done this summer yet because I'm usually too cashed by 5pm. I saw a lot of my friends, so that was fun. By the time we got home about 6, I had to lie down pronto. I was so hot and tired. DH heated up some pizza for us, and we had a nice evening relaxing on the couch.

Sunday was not as fun. We woke up, piddled around a bit, then went to a new place for breakfast. First, they have the BOMB DIGGITY hot cocoa. About 2 weeks ago, I decided that coffee just didn't taste as good to me anymore (distressing, as I am a huge coffee drinker). I switched to hot cocoa...and YUM. This place had a huge mug full of it, topped with whipped cream. This place had gotten superfly reviews, so we had to wait about 30 min to get in, then another 15-20 for breakfast. We don't care about all that, it's Sunday morning, leisurely breakfast. However, by the time our food came, it was nearly 1030. What we are learning very quickly is that if I eat any later than 830ish, my tummy is a wreck all day. I ordered a short stack of pancakes, and DH and I split a B&G, per usual. I took one bite of the B&G, and we decided it's the best we've had yet (we are serious B&G fans, and taste it everywhere we go). I had about 4 bites of my pancake, and about the same of the B&G, and decided I felt queasy. I had just ordered my 2nd hot cocoa too. I stopped eating, and finished my cocoa. We went home, I laid on the couch, and didn't move for the rest of the day. It is honestly the first day I've really, truly felt horrible. It was super hot out, so that didn't help, but I had the windows open, and the fan on, so it was tolerable. It was almost hot enough for the AC, but not quite yet. I literally laid on the couch until dinner. I started to feel better, and we decided to go to the grocery store, since we had no food. I decided I needed one of those roasted chickens and mashed taters for dinner. So that's what we got. We came home, I laid back down, and DH made the taters for me. It was one of the first normal dinners I'd had in a while, and I felt really good after, not sick or anything. Of course, I proceeded to then have one fruit candy piece, 1 brownie (my neighbor made me brownies the other day), and then, because that wasn't enough, TWO bowls of cap'n crunch cereal. WTH was I thinking?? Well, I wasn't, Scooter was. After the 2nd bowl, I went to bed because I felt crummy again (this time, my fault). I went to bed, and slept fairly well...normal pee breaks aside. I've taken to sleeping with Molly's "pink" under my belly too.

Side note: For those that don't know, Molly was my 3rd dog, who we lost at age 16 at the end of May to a severe heart condition. She had this pink baby blanket with a cupcake on it, that we always called her "pink", and she loved it to death, like any baby would love their "blankie" or "woobie". I needed just a little something to put under my belly at night when I sleep on my side, and her "pink" was the perfect size.

Anyhow, got up this morning, pretty tired, but slept ok. Just had my obligatory pancakes (leftover from yesterday breakfast, since I only ate a few bites), and my Ovaltine hot cocoa. I'm doing laundry, and have a paper to write. I was supposed to write it yesterday while DH was doing bills and some work, but that never happened. So, today it is!

In pregnancy news...I finally got my first trimester appointment with my doctor! It's July 17, so a week and day from today. I will have a scan, and though we won't be meeting with my doctor, I think they scheduled the scan on her "u/s duty day". The docs in the practice each have a day a week when they oversee all the u/s. After the scan, we have our appointment with the genetic counselor. Then my first regular appointment with my doc is July 30...and we get a full hour with her to talk and such. They probably won't do a scan then, but not 100%. Their ultrasound stuff is all in another office, but I think they have a few machines still in their clinic offices for emergencies and such. We shall see. There is a chance I may have to go in in-between the 2 appointments, but that will be decided the day of the first scan.

We will take belly pics tonight, and hopefully I'll remember to update them tomorrow instead of waiting until the end of the week like last week. I'm sort of excited to take this weeks' pic because I feel like I'm actually a TON smaller. I haven't been eating as well, that's for sure, but I've also had some other changes. For example, now when i have to pee, I HAVE TO PEE. LIKE NOW. That got better yesterday, but Saturday, man oh man, it was like, NOW. My bloat is for sure going down, and i'm having some stretching feelings inside. Sort of crampy, but not like cramps. Hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you know the exact feeling, and I'm sure things are just growing and moving in there. I think now, whatever growth I will see is baby. So, I feel like i'm almost going to be starting my belly pics tonight for the first time, since all the prior weeks I am so dang bloated!

So, that's my update, sorry it's long, but that's what happens when I spend weekends away from JM!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

xx

July 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe you are 11 weeks already I swear time flies when you're preggo!!!

I bet you have a boy in there. I was thinking girl for you at first but I think mommy's intuition is right
kbpeanut likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 12:16 PM
DH said we don't even need to find out the gender...he "knows" Scooter is a boy, because I said so! I wouldn't be one bit shocked if it's a girl or something though. That's how our lives roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
11w0d -
Side note: For those that don't know, Molly was my 3rd dog, who we lost at age 16 at the end of May to a severe heart condition. She had this pink baby blanket with a cupcake on it, that we always called her "pink", and she loved it to death, like any baby would love their "blankie" or "woobie". I needed just a little something to put under my belly at night when I sleep on my side, and her "pink" was the perfect size.
I just noticed that you can see Molly's "pink" in my avatar pic of Molly

July 9th, 2012, 12:27 PM
11w0d - Scooter Stats!

How far along?: 11w0d
Total weight gain/loss: +3lbs (if my scale worked, I bet I'm probably down a lb or two)
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Need to expand bottoms selection, though.
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Best moment this week: Ate pizza for the first time this pregnancy!
Miss anything: Eggs over medium and poached eggs, for sure!
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: sour patch kids, pancakes, fruit, hot cocoa
Anything making you queasy or sick: Don't care for coffee much these days. Most salty foods aren't preferable.
Have you started to show yet: I think my bloat is officially gone! I feel much smaller!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! Please stay that way.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Crappy week, my form of m/s has kicked in. Must eat by 8:30am, and only small meals all day.
Looking forward to: First appointment with peri on July 17th

July 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Sorry your form of m/s is really kicking in now. I also had to eat at least something first thing in the morning to curb feeling queasy all day. That has long-since passed, thank goodness.

Glad your bloat is calming down, too, and you can start to feel like your bump is actually a baby bump and not a bloat bump.

So excited for your upcoming appointment!

July 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I remember the days of having to eat something first thing in the morning to help the queasies. Even now if I'm going out to eat I'll have a few crackers or a small bowl of cereal before going if I haven't had anything to eat yet that day just in case. When I get hungry I get hungry and need food then! The day before Mother's Day we went to a restaurant that had a long wait and I actually walked up and asked them to bring me a cup of chowder while we were waiting because I needed something to eat so badly. People are pretty accommodating if you mention you're pregnant.

awwww, Molly is looking out for Scooter from Heaven and also helping him out here on Earth by making sure Mommy is comfy!

I bet Scooter is a boy, too.

Not too much longer until your appt! That's interesting your doctor's office does things that way. I always have an appt with my OB afterwards. You've gotten to see Scooter so many times already! That's awesome you get another ultrasound! I'm jealous of all the times you get to see your baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search