Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I guess if there is one good thing about having to go through IVF, it's that I got a lot of early looks at Scooter!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
11w1d - Tuesday is Park Day!
Morning Ladies!
Today is Park day! I have all my school done for the week, except for that huge paper I was working on yesterday. Turns out it's not due until Aug 8...I still have to get it done, since I'll be gone that week on vacation, but I made really good progress yesterday, and today, I'm going to play outside with the goats. It's supposed to be near 100 at my house, so that means well in the 110s at the Park. I'm going to try and get there early before it gets too hot, but I just went outside and it's already hot! Guess summer in the desert is here! I'll be bringing snacks, but I never feel like eating when it's so hot out. I guess I'll do what I can.

I just am finishing up my pancakes and ovaltine, and should go get dressed soon. I'm a little tired today...I stayed up past my bedtime watching American Ninja Warrior Hopefully tonight I can get to bed at 9 like I should. I ate a good dinner last night (more chicken and mashed taters), and then was really uncomfy on the couch. Where I sit is also a recliner, so DH made me recline it. My belly gets too mushed up if I'm not sitting straight up in a chair or laying down.

I slept pretty good last night, though it was a bit hot in the room. We have a ceiling fan going, but I think I need to bring our stand up fan too. The nights cool off enough, but I am just too warm. I like the breeze on me, too. I got up about 6 times to pee, so that's always fun.

I took belly pics literally on my way to bed last night, so I look like a mess, but will get them posted later today.

Hoping everyone has a spectacular day!
xx

July 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB says to try drinking calories if I don't feel like eating, so maybe drink smoothies or lemonade at the park just to get some calories?

July 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
My OB says to try drinking calories if I don't feel like eating, so maybe drink smoothies or lemonade at the park just to get some calories?
This couldn't be more true! I am already doing that, whether it is at the park or home. At the park, I drink lemonade out of my refillable cup (it's huge), and then I usually have to switch to water. But at home, my afternoon meals are usually in liquid smoothie form!

July 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I thought you might be, but wanted to mention it just in case!

July 10th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Looking forward to seeing your newest belly pics.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
11w2d - Landscaping Day...ugh!
I always forget Wednesday is the day our landscapers come...until I hear them in my driveway which is immediately underneath my office window. It's all nice to have a tidy yard and such when they are gone, but it also means that Peanut barks incessantly for the time they are here. Lucky for me, I'm leaving before long, so I won't have to endure the ear-splitting racket!

Just polishing off my 4th pancake (don't worry I make itty bitty ones), and ovaltine () and I'm already dressed and my snacks are packed for the day. Headed to the Park, see how long I can endure the heat. Much to my surprise, it didn't get as warm yesterday as I thought. It was forecast to be about 95 at my house, which usually means low 100s at the Park. But I think it only got about 95 at the Park...so not bad. I was there from about 10 until 330ish. Saw many friends, played with the goats, and spent plenty of time in the shade (luckily the Kraal is very shaded, probably the most shaded area of the Park).

Today, weather forecast to be the same.

And there goes Peanut and his barking!

I've packed several snacks, since I never know if I'll be hungry and for what...and lots of drinks, plus my refillable cup from there. But before I go, I need to get some tickets to San Fran to visit my brother and my neice. My SIL is going away on a (much deserved) girls weekend in a few weeks, and my brother wants me to come hang for the weekend...both just to spend time with them and to help out a bit, I'm sure! He's been alone with Mabel before (he did a 2 or 3 week unpaid leave after SIL went back to work after leave), so he can handle her, but SIL always came home at night. I think it will be fun and for once, tickets are affordable right now between SD and SF.

I'm still feeling pretty crummy at night, but DH has been great. He comes home after working usually a 12 hour day and makes me dinner. I hate that he has to do that, but I am just cashed by the time he gets home (around 7-730ish). We still aren't spending a ton of time together at night, since I'm going to bed early, but I've been up later this week (10ish), so we've got a few hours together.

My belly is def changing. Whatever is there is no longer bloat. Granted, it's not really baby either, but more uterus, is my guess. My belly button is changing too! I can't really explain it, but it's sort of like the insides of it are smoothing out a bit! DH noticed last night too when taking our belly pics. I hope to heaven I stay an "inny"!!

On the belly pic note...I made him retake them last night. I don't care about how I look, per se (if you've seen my older pics, clearly this is true), but the ones he took on Monday night were really fuzzy and dark. Turns out he forgot the flash. Last nights are much better. I shall get them posted later today.

So, I'm off to do that...will check in later today!

Happy Hump Day!
x

July 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Oh Karin did you see your siggie in pickups. It is gorgeous i love it! I went to request one for me and happened to see it. WUB

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Oh Karin did you see your siggie in pickups. It is gorgeous i love it! I went to request one for me and happened to see it. WUB
I haven't yet! Just got home then you made me come talk to you

July 11th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Okay, I had to go siggy stalk.

I love it too.

July 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG about the belly button! I just noticed last night that mine has done the same thing! I've always had an innie, but the inside had... a bit of a swirl? And now that's all gone and it's just smooth! WEIRD!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 12th, 2012, 04:19 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom said her belly button smoothed out but never officially popped. I guess it's common?

I am still an inny My belly button is REALLY deep, and while it has popped up some, it's still totally an inny. I think I will luck out and won't be an outy at all this pregnancy, but time will tell!

I hope your belly button stays an inny, too! I've noticed that my belly button feels deeper on some days than on others. I guess it depends on where the uterus/baby are positioned that day, so even if it's a bit out now it could go back in more!

Last edited by DaniM0820; July 12th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
July 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I really hope my belly stays in! DH said last night as he was kissing Scooter goodnight, "That thing is popping out for sure!"

July 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM
11w3d - Another Park Day!
I am just loving this hot weather! I am crazy, I know, but temps in the upper 90s and 100s are my thing! I am up, breakfast has been eaten (can you guess what I had ?) and I am dressed. On that note, I really must go shopping this weekend and get some more maternity shorts. I have only one pair, and I've worn them 3 days this week. I couldn't do it again today, yesterday they got so sweaty and filthy! I found some old cropped sweatpant things, that are half way ok for public wear, that I will wear today (they are super thin, so they are comfy). But this weekend, I'm going shopping for sure. One pair of shorts in the desert in the summer is not acceptable!

I felt awesome yesterday. I went to the park around 10, stayed until 515 or so. I can't believe I lasted that long! I saw many friends, played with my goats, watched the bird show (which at the very beginning, before it started, one of my trainer friends Kris came out to hose the lawn on stage so the birds that are on the ground wouldn't get hot feet, and she hosed me off a bit ). It was a super day. I'm headed there again shortly!

DH leaves tomorrow for a bachelor party in Vegas...then I am going to San Fran to visit my brother and my 6 month old niece Mabel ("Munch") for the weekend. So 2 weekends we will be apart We are very much best friends, so it's hard for us to spend weekends apart, but both for a greater good, so we shall do it!

We were just talking about our summer schedule, and when we used to live in Chicago, we always had a jam packed summer. Since we moved to SD, we have had mellow summers...some of this and that here and there, and our annual camping trip in August, but nothing crazy. This summer seems nuts...starting now. This weekend, DH is gone, next weekend I am gone. Following weekend is our only weekend to prep for the trip (it's a 10 day trip, so takes lots of planning/packing), then the following 2 weekends (10 days), we will be gone. We get back on a Sunday, then the following Thu we leave for Colorado for the wedding that DH is standing up in...then we get back on Sun, and Tuesday, my mom and Aunt are coming for the week!

Plus, I have school in the middle of all that! Its all great stuff, and will make the weeks pass quickly I hope!

So, with that, I'm off to enjoy my last day "off" before this weeks school starts again (technically today, but I've been doing my school on Fridays lately). It's still overcast, so that will be a nice break from the scorching sun!

Hoping I feel as good today as I did yesterday. I can say for certain that a bowl of grape nuts every night before bed is really helping things in the poopage area

Happy Thursday All!
x

July 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looove the new siggy!

July 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh if you think your belly button is weird now, just you wait! I too kept hoping I wouldn't get an outie, and I didn't...but I was amazed at how far it stretched. By my 9th month I had the teeniest, tiniest belly button ever. Strange for sure! Now it's right back to my normal belly button.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I have a very deep belly button, so I hope mine stays an innie, too! It has gotten flatter, but is still decidedly innie.

July 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty crazy summer planned, Karin. Time really flies when you're pregnant, and I imagine yours will be lightning speed!

Belly buttons... I have a major innie when I'm not pregnant. However, what started out as just a little flattening has continued to the point where I almost don't have a belly button. I guess I'm not describing it very well. It's never going to be an outie, but it's just completely flat. It's so weird. Also, I always knew that I had a tiny mole inside my belly button, but now the mole is on the outside from all the stretching.

July 12th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Ok, I swear I'm not a 12 year old boy, but when I read "poopage", I loled! I hope your belly button stays in too! Love your siggy!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Finally updated with my 11w pics...taken Monday (11w0d) but pics stunk, so retook on Tuesday at 11w1d.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search