Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Awesome, thanks for the tips ladies. Just want to make sure it flows nicely so it's not so cluttered.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
July 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
1st Beta is in!!!!! Wednesday it was 1784!!!!!
strvnwritr, Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

July 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Holy high beta!!!
July 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Holy high beta!!!
Agreed!!! It's well within the normal range for 4w4d pregnant! I'm so incredibly excited!

July 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
As you should be! Can't wait for repeat numbers!!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
It did just dawn on me that I need to ask my provider about my MTHFR and whether or not they want me to start taking baby aspirin or anything. I only have the single C677T mutation, which I guess is really common, and I don't have a clotting factor at all, so I don't know what to do. Or if I even need to do anything about it.

July 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is an AWESOME beta for that point. Mine wasn't that high until I was 5 weeks something!!

I think it can't hurt to take the baby aspirin, but with your MTHFR I agree it would be best to ask before starting. I take a daily baby aspirin even though I haven't been diagnosed with anything. Given the difference between my AF before taking it and after, I feel the baby aspirin has helped me carry Sean. I plan to take it until 30-something weeks. I know Adrienne took baby aspirin, too.

I hope this is it for you!!!

July 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I took baby aspirin for quite a while during my TTC phase, then my RE prescribed it during my IVF and after transfer. Once my betas came back positive, they kept me on it until about 9 1/2 weeks. After that, they said it was ok to stop. But, with MTHFR, for sure ask to be sure!

July 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Updated HCG for today, 4140!
strvnwritr, luvHim and Mom2JDub like this.

July 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Holy macaroni!!
sweet.hun likes this.

July 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM
WOW!!!! That is amazing!!!
sweet.hun likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
5 weeks 2 days

After making an appointment for an ultrasound through my midwife's office, I realized today that it was at 5:15pm on the 26th and that it obviously couldn't be done at their office since they close at 4pm. So I called the midwife's office today to figure it all out. Apparently they do the ultrasounds at the outpatient hospital here in town. That's good to know! I would have gone to my midwife's office instead! HAHA! I'm hoping that my husband will be able to go with me. I told him the time and he put it on his calendar so hopefully he's not too busy on Thursday to go with me. I would like for him to be there with me so he can see the baby, since he didn't get to experience that with my 2nd pregnancy before I miscarried.

So far we haven't received any information on if/when he is going to deploy again...which is great because I really don't want to be in a situation where he gets deployed right before or after I'm due. Can you imagine? My parents are in Arizona and I'm all the way here in Delaware. Sure his parents are in NY and could come down to help but I really don't want to burden them with that sort of stuff. They should be able to come down to visit once the baby is born, stay for a few days and then get back on with their lives, you know? I guess I won't worry about deployments right now. It's just too stressful to think about.

I've started automatically sleeping on my left side, which I don't normally do. Maybe it's a subconscious thing? I know it's better to sleep on your left side so I guess I'm just turning in my sleep.

As far as symptoms go, I've been having queasiness that comes and goes, I'm thirsty, a teeny bit of mild cramping/pinching, mild constipation, increased hunger, taste is off, breasts are tender and heavier, frequent trips to the bathroom to pee, and of course fatigue. I've been going to bed a lot earlier than normal and waking up earlier too. Also with my taste being off it's hard to tell if I'm going to like something or not. Last night I had a crumb cake for dessert and it just didn't taste right to me. I think it was the cinnamon in it, but I didn't NOT like it and didn't finish it either. Which is a shame because I usually love cinnamon.

I did have a little bit of bloating yesterday as the day went on. Right now it's pretty much non-existent but I know as the day goes on it's going to happen. Oh, one other thing, I've been extremely annoyed with Jesse. The little things are getting to me and I told him the other day that he better watch what he says or I'll have to hurt him. Oh, and also....I was craving snickers for 2 days now and he wouldn't go get me one which pissed me off. I ended up crying and he was like "Are you really crying over a snickers?" to which I said "Yes! You told me you would get me stuff when I had cravings and you are going back on that promise."
LOL. I am a mess.

July 23rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Great beta, Shasta! That is awesome.

I was super-grumpy at the beginning of pregnancy, too, but the moodiness fortunately comes and goes. So I'll hope you aren't wanting to kill Jesse the entire pregnancy.

I hope he's able to go with you to your appointment. If not, though, there will be plenty more.

July 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
I was also a pretty bad grumpus in weeks 5-6...which I'm sure was just due to my body changing. I hope he is able to make the appointment with you!

July 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
5w5d

This afternoon I have my ultrasound and I think I'm incredibly nervous since my stomach hurts. Not my lower abdomen, but my actual stomach. Either that or I ate something I shouldn't have. It's mostly just annoying right now. I cannot wait to see our jelly bean tonight. I don't know why, but I have to catch myself from saying "Babies". For some reason apparently my subconscious is thinking there are twins in there or something. I just hope for our sake there is one beautifully snug baby in there growing away with a wonderful heartbeat.

I prepared myself and Jesse by telling him that we may or may not see a heartbeat at the ultrasound today. With my 2nd pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 5w6d and seen the heart beating, so we might get a glimpse of it, obviously we won't probably hear it which is ok with me. Unless I'm further along than we think. Which would surprise me.

As far as symptoms go, I've been having morning sickness every day between breakfast and lunch. I haven't yet thrown up from it but I was really darn close this morning. I ran to the bathroom and sat on the floor for a good 3 minutes breathing deeply until it passed. As much as I'm happy that this is happening, I really really don't want to throw up. I hate throwing up. My breasts are starting to get a little bit bigger, which surprises me a lot. They barely changed at all with any of my previous pregnancies . They aren't extremely tender today which is good. Gives me a break after having them hurt for a week and a half. I'm sure it will be off and on as they get bigger (come on small C!!!).

I'll update later on today once we're done at the ultrasound. Hopefully I'll get some pictures to post.

July 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Good luck today, Shasta. I'll be thinking of you. I hope you see a heartbeat, but you're of the good mindset that the lack of a heartbeat doesn't mean a darn thing except that you're still early in the pregnancy. Everything else (even those yucky symptoms) points to good things.
sweet.hun likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Good luck today, Shasta. I'll be thinking of you. I hope you see a heartbeat, but you're of the good mindset that the lack of a heartbeat doesn't mean a darn thing except that you're still early in the pregnancy. Everything else (even those yucky symptoms) points to good things.
Agreed. I broke down and told my mom I was pregnant and told her I was having morning sickness and she said "That's good". LOL. I've never had to deal with this before so I really have high hopes for this pregnancy. It makes me happy to be honest. HAHA
luvHim and Mom2JDub like this.

July 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I will be thinking of you today! Like Adrienne said, you are of the right mindset to know that not seeing a heartbeat this early is only because it's just that..."this early". KUP when you get back! xx

July 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thinking of you! I think it's good that this pregnancy feels different. This pregnancy felt completely different to me than my pregnancy with my loss. Looking forward to your update!

July 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM
U/S pic is in first post!!!

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search