Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shasta!! That's wonderful they were able to find a heartbeat, too!!! I'm so happy for you!
sweet.hun likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Congratulations Shasta! I've been thinking about you all day while I was gone. So glad to come home and find this update!
sweet.hun likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
6w2d

My lord....talk about feeling like a train ran over me! I feel hungover. I've actually lost 2 lbs, which is kind of odd to me because even though I feel nauseated a lot I've still been eating (albeit not big meals or anything). I'm a little worried about it to be honest. I know that some women do loose weight in the first trimester so I'm hoping that it's not too big of a deal and in the second trimester I'll start to gain weight. Maybe someone can tell me their own experiences with this?

Tomorrow I have my appointment with my midwife. I'm assuming this is considered the first prenatal appointment. I may ask her for some Zofran or something. Since week 6 my nauseated feeling has really increased. Still fighting the urge to throw up while Jesse keeps telling me "Just eat, and if you throw up you throw up." Ugh, he doesn't understand!!!! It sucks to throw up. I start crying and everything. I think what is making it worse is the fact that I have 3 capsules of prenatal vitamins to take so I take 1 with every meal. Ugh, this is torture. Just trying to get down my breakfast is a huge chore to me right now.

Can it please be the 2nd trimester yet???

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
July 29th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I remember that feeling. I never gave into the Zofran, but probably would have if I was losing too much weight. The only things that I were able to eat were calorie laden so I didn't actually lose any weight. Lots of ladies in my DDC and that I know in real life also lost weight and their doctors weren't concerned.

Hopefully the Zofran helps!

July 29th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Shasta, I'm such a spacer for not checking in after your u/s. I was thinking of you and thinking of you, and then I just spaced. I am ECSTATIC that they found a heartbeat. Absolutely amazing news!

Losing weight... I didn't have morning sickness and still lost weight at the beginning. I lost 2-3 pounds in the first few weeks before I started gaining it back. I think it's just the shift in hormones, and your metabolism goes crazy, and you're super-excited about being pregnant which just makes your body run overtime. I imagine you'll start gaining it again. And if the m/s causes you to lose, the truth is that it will have a much more significant impact on you than your baby. He/She will take what's needed and leave you the rest. I just hope it doesn't last long for you.
sweet.hun likes this.

July 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM

July 31st, 2012, 04:20 AM
6w4d

Wow, the past 2 days were just HORRIBLE. Today I'm finally feeling like a functioning adult. I honestly think it's my Progesterone that is making the nausea worse. I didn't take any last night due to a Reglan induced drowsiness that sent me to bed at 8:30pm. I am waiting until the doctor's office opens up this morning so I can call my Midwife to see if she has any thoughts on if I should be on a lower dose or something.

Honestly, I'm happy that I'm not feeling like crap today. It's my husband's birthday so i wanted to make a cake for him and there are A TON of dishes to do (apparently my husband thinks it's my job and didn't do ANY for me...thanks a lot hubby). They are literally piled up in the sink with clean dishes in the dishwasher still...that's how bad I've felt. I just haven't done crap.

I may skip my progesterone tonight as well. I have a DOSC meeting tomorrow at 9:30am and would like to be a functioning adult for that meeting. I've looked online a few places and some people think that it's not the progesterone that causes nausea, but right on my list of symptoms is nausea. I just don't know if I can handle THAT MUCH NAUSEA. It was really bad. I didn't have hardly anything to eat yesterday. I couldn't keep ANYTHING down. And I tried someone's "trick" to eat 2 almonds and 1 raisin ever 15 minutes and ended up throwing that up too...which throwing up tiny pieces of almonds and raisins is NOT FUN. I almost choked. Sooo ya, maybe getting on a lower dose would be best.

July 31st, 2012, 05:43 AM
Hope you can get the nausea figured out. I really, really hope you're not one of those women with hyperemesis. However, I know that zofran can help a lot, and I know that a lot of women in my DDC swore by sea bands to just take the edge off, even if a little.

Good luck discussing it with your MW. I'm glad you feel better today, and I hope Jesse enjoys his birthday cake.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; July 31st, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
July 31st, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yuck, I hope you can get this sorted out. I agree with Adrienne, a lot of women I know trusted Seabands to take the edge off. Zofran too, was a lifesaver for many. I was on progesterone for about 12 weeks, and didn't notice any nausea, but that doesn't mean anything. Everyone is different, and can respond differently to many things. I hope your doctor can help you out a bit!

Sour candies were my lifesaver when I had an upset tummy (like lemon drops). Someone suggested them to me, and i figured it couldn't hurt!

July 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM
I was on progesterone and I cut down from 400mg to 200mg because I was feeling too crummy on the 400. I totally feel the progesterone could. S contributing! I am one who found that sea bands helped. Specifically the PsiBands brand. I got them at CVS but they were in a hard to see spot. Lemon water helped and also the Preggy Pops. I also listened to my body and found out I could eat chips and salsa no problem and it actually settled my stomach so I lived on Mexican for about a month!

Hope Jesse has a great birthday!

August 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
So I never got to ask my midwife...they asked someone else and she said not to decrease my dose but I did it anyway last night. I cut it into thirds and put one in last night. This morning getting up was a little rough and I've had some very very mild nausea but it's a lot better then feeling like I can't eat anything for fear of it coming back up. I have had a headache at the base of my neck so I picked up some Tension Headache Relief today (Acetaminophen w/Caffeine) and it's taking the edge off. I also picked up my Zofran today. I'm a little worried about side effects with the Zofran. It says it can cause dizziness and drowsiness. I really don't want to feel dizzy or drowsy. I may end up not taking it. But hey, Tricare gave it to me for free so I'm not too worried about it if I end up not taking it.

I picked up some Vitafusion prenatal gummies to take instead of these other prenatal vitamins I have. I really just dont want to take 3 pills a day. It's just way too much for me, and if I just supplement the folic acid with natural foods that include folate/folic acid, I'll be good.

August 1st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Glad you are feeling a little better today! My first prenatals were 3x a day, and that drove me bonkers. I switched to a one a day (same exact brand/vitamin), and that has been a lifesaver! I take Rainbow Light brand.

Hoping you don't have to move to the Zofran

August 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
I used those Vitafusion gummies through my first trimester and they worked well for me. At least you have the Zofran in case you need it!

August 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
I just seen on my warnings sheet that it can cause an irregular heartbeat, so even though I'm feeling a little bit nauseated, I think I'll skip the Zofran no matter what now. I sometimes have my heart skip beats and I really don't want to make it worse. I hate when it happens and if I start feeling my heart going crazy I may freak out and end up in the hospital or something.

August 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hope you can avoid the Zofran.

August 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
7w3d

The nausea has definitely gotten better. I am also able to eat, although I have to take my time and not eat as much as I'm used to. So far I've lost 4 lbs, although I haven't weighed myself in 2 days so I could have lost more. I hope not. I've been able to avoid Zofran, which is good. It seems like most of my issues are in the morning. Night is pretty good though.

Also having achy pains in my upper back along with chills. I'm a tiny bit worried that I'm coming down with the flu....I really really hope not. I haven't had the flu in years (knock on wood).

In other news, my doppler broke. I dug it out yesterday to try to make sure it still worked (I know it's still pretty early) and after turning it on I didn't hear much coming out of it, fiddled with the volume (I had it all the way up) and tried to hear my heartbeat with it and there was nothing. I replaced the batteries and tried again....and it still wouldn't work. Unfortunately, it's a goner. Go figure. I guess it's for the best, I don't want to worry myself by trying to find the heartbeat all the time.

Right now I'm just waiting for the 1st trimester to be over with. This is by far the most gut wrenching time right now. Anything can happen. My next ultrasound is on the 15th....I should be almost 9 weeks by that time so hopefully we'll see the baby more and have a good idea where the pregnancy is going.

August 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Glad you're getting a handle on the m/s, and I really hope you're not getting the flu.

Bummer about your doppler. I never bought one because I knew I would want to use it all the time. Still, since you already had one, it's unfortunate that it gave out.

I know the first trimester probably has your stomach in knots, even more than it already is from he m/s. I hope the next couple of weeks go by fast for you.

August 6th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I'm glad that you're figuring out a way to eat that works for you and that keeps you from needing the Zofran.

I was actually pretty good with my Doppler. It ended up reassuring me more than worrying me. Now I don't need it for the reassurance, but I do sometimes pull it out to listen for fun.

I hope the next few weeks fly by for you and you see a healthy little gummy bear at your next ultrasound. The first trimester is horrible!

August 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
7w6d

Well, I think I spoke too soon. I've needed the Zofran the past 2 days, and yesterday was absolutely horrible. I had THE WORST aura migraine and didn't even get to enjoy the Taco Bell that my hubby brought home for me that I was craving earlier.

I ended up throwing up just from the sheer pain of the migraine. This morning I still felt a little funny and wasn't quite sure I wanted to take Zofran but ended up deciding to take a dose today so I could eat. I've lost 8 lbs as of today. I'm not really sure what to do, other than just keep doing what I'm doing and at least staying hydrated, taking my vitamins, and eating what I can. I do feel bad though. I feel like I'm wasting away almost.

The kitties have been all over me lately. Bell is particularly cuddly with me and always needs to be cuddled up near my stomach. I keep telling her that pretty soon she'll have a big belly to contend with (hopefully). For now I enjoy her cuddles. It just makes me feel happy about everything.

I've been putting off going to get these lab draws done, but I guess I gotta get my butt going and just do it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel good tomorrow and will want to get up and move and do things. Right now I'm just in a place where I can't even stand up in the shower. I've sat down every single time to take a shower because I'm just so fatigued.

August 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I think you should bring up how sick you've been feeling to your doctor. You might have hyperimesis, which is a severe form of morning sickness. It sounds like you're at the point where it's best to take the Zofran, even if you don't like the idea. The baby will take what s/he needs, but that sounds like a lot of weight loss to me.

Migraines suck, but especially when you're pregnant and can't really take anything. I hope you don't get more of them!

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search