Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Updated ultrasound pics are in the first post!!!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
August 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So cute, Shasta. And your u/s tech must have been awesome. Such cute captions.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, those are so cute and I love the captions!

August 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM
She was absolutely great. I hope I get her again for the anatomy scan. She was really awesome about letting me just watch the LO for a while.

August 15th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Expecting #1
Hey Shasta! Just caught up on your journal. Your u/s pics are adorable! Love the captions. As far as the m/s goes, I took zofran. I wanted to avoid it, but the all day crummy feeling was just too much and affected my concentration at work. I didn't want to take it because I really only got sick a handful of times, but I did and am so glad I did. I only took one pill in the morning before work and one around 8 pm and then stopped taking the one at night unless I started to feel crummy after dinner.

Don't worry about losing some weight. I didn't start to gain a pound until I was about 14 wks. I am up 7 lbs as of this morning so you will start gaining eventually. Just try to eat what you can during this time and try different things to make you feel better to see what works for you. I used lemon water and hard candy and sucked on a lot of ice. I started to feel better around 10 wks with the occasional bad day and you are almost there!!

Hope you start feeling better and find some relief.
sweet.hun likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Hey Shasta! Just caught up on your journal. Your u/s pics are adorable! Love the captions. As far as the m/s goes, I took zofran. I wanted to avoid it, but the all day crummy feeling was just too much and affected my concentration at work. I didn't want to take it because I really only got sick a handful of times, but I did and am so glad I did. I only took one pill in the morning before work and one around 8 pm and then stopped taking the one at night unless I started to feel crummy after dinner.

Don't worry about losing some weight. I didn't start to gain a pound until I was about 14 wks. I am up 7 lbs as of this morning so you will start gaining eventually. Just try to eat what you can during this time and try different things to make you feel better to see what works for you. I used lemon water and hard candy and sucked on a lot of ice. I started to feel better around 10 wks with the occasional bad day and you are almost there!!

Hope you start feeling better and find some relief.
Thanks hon! I have definitely been trying to stick with what I can keep down. Lemon Italian Ice has been a go to for me.

August 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I never (thankfully) had really bad m/s, but a couple of BTDT mommies recommended sour lemon candies, and I have to admit, they worked wonders! Since you've already got the lemon italian ice thing going for you, you might consider giving them a try! I found the ones from Target (Market Pantry brand) worked the best!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
August 15th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I never (thankfully) had really bad m/s, but a couple of BTDT mommies recommended sour lemon candies, and I have to admit, they worked wonders! Since you've already got the lemon italian ice thing going for you, you might consider giving them a try! I found the ones from Target (Market Pantry brand) worked the best!
Oh may have to try those too! Thanks for the suggestion!

August 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM
9w2d

Now that week 9 has hit, I've had my morning sickness ease up quite a bit. I'm still taking my Phenergan Suppositories because I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't take them. I'm happy to report I've gained 2 lbs back of the 10 lbs that I've lost due to morning sickness. I don't think I've ever been so happy to say I've gained weight. LOL!

As far as fatigue goes....that is what is plaguing me now. I have just been SO TIRED lately. I got up at 10 am, had breakfast, took a shower, and then took a nap at noon. LOL. I swear, I cannot keep my eye open. I've really just been listening to my body and napping when I'm tired. I don't know how working women do it. You ladies must be ready to pass out at any minute!!!

As far as the belly goes, I'm finally feeling a little tightness in my lower abdomen and noticed that my pants are getting tighter. I haven't taken belly pics though since I just haven't even wanted to get ready or do my makeup. I swear, I'm THE LAZIEST PREGNANT WOMAN EVER.

Another thing that's been happening this week is Leukorrhea. I woke up last night to go to the bathroom and noticed a wet spot in my underwear and at first I worried that I wet myself, but when I went back to bed I felt some discharge come out and checked and it was this clear watery discharge. Fun stuff. Guess I may have to start wearing a panty liner from now on. LOL.

August 18th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I wore a panty liner pretty much the whole pregnancy. Fun stuff.
sweet.hun likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I made it through most of my first trimester without having to wear a liner, but eventually gave in. They irritate me, though, so once in a while I have to give myself a break from it and just change my underwear several times in one day.

Glad the morning sickness is easing up a bit! 9 weeks is when it started to ease up for me, too. It was still touch and go for the rest of the first trimester, but it was so nice to be able to eat a little more variety. I hope that it continues to get better for you!

August 21st, 2012, 01:45 PM
9w5d
Even though my doppler is technically broken, I can still use it if I have headphones on (it just doesn't register a number for bpm) so I used it last night to see if I could find the baby's heartbeat. Sure enough, I heard it after about 10 seconds of looking. I started crying pretty much immediately. It was THE BEST SOUND ever. I had started to get a teeny bit worried since I haven't been as sick lately. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the placenta taking over and my hormones starting to level out. So, now I'm debating on whether or not I want to buy another one. It's not needed, so I probably will just stick with the doppler I have even though it's not in great condition.

In other news, Jesse will basically be gone all week this week. They have an exercise on base that he's in charge of so his shifts are from 7-7 and then he comes home and goes to bed by 8:30pm, and then starting Wednesday he'll be in Maryland until Friday for emergency management training. So basically, I'm left to my own devices and I can tell you ladies right now, that's not good. LOL.

Next Monday is my next midwife appointment so I'm pretty excited for that. I STILL haven't done my blood work....I was going to go do it today but after I took my shower I got tired so I laid down (9:30 am) and slept until 2pm. WHOOPS! I tend to do that a lot lately because Jesse makes it hard for me to sleep with his heavy breathing/snoring. Once he leaves for work, I sleep so much better. This is definitely going to turn into a problem the further along I get. My supersonic hearing is just making it really difficult to tolerate being in the same bed as him. Is that bad??

August 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Just added all of the missing belly pics. There wasn't one taken for week 8 because I just didn't feel up to it that week since I was pretty much a wreck with morning sickness. LOL

August 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
10w4d

Had my OB appointment today and I'm not very fond of her already. I LOVE the midwife I see, but the OB just rubbed me the wrong way with her attitude today. At first she was very nice, introduced herself and asked me questions, then brought out the doppler and searched for baby's heartbeat and couldn't find it. She wasn't going slow at all and was barely putting any pressure on my abdomen. I clearly heard the heartbeat a couple of times but she would move the wand so quickly that she seemed not to notice it at all. So of course after about 5 minutes of searching she decided that I needed to go to the hospital for a STAT ultrasound. I wasn't worried at all because I found baby's heartbeat this morning with my jacked up doppler (that is about ready to die) so at this point I thought it was hilarious that I could find it but she couldn't. After that, it was like she became totally detached. She basically just had me follow her to the front and let the girls take care of me. She didn't say goodbye, didn't ask me to come in in 4 weeks, nothing. The only thing she really said was that "Baby may have just been moving and that's why we couldn't find it". BLEH

So I went to the hospital and got the ultrasound done. Baby was moving up a storm in there (mostly wiggling and throwing his or her arms around). HB was between 170-175 and measuring right on target. Got 2 pictures printed out for me that I posted in the first post. I guess I'll wait to hear back from my OB's office tomorrow and go from there as far as when they want me to come back.

As far as symptoms are concerned, I threw up my lunch this afternoon. Not sure what in the world happened but it was just all of a sudden it was coming up and I had to sprint to the bathroom and ended up throwing up in my mouth and had to hold it there for a few seconds (gross I know, sorry). I guess I'll make sure that I don't take the suppository too early in the morning because it seems like it wore off way too early. Boobs are starting to hurt again, and it seems like I might need a new bra size soon. Headaches are starting to become a daily occurrence. I've been taking Tylenol w/Caffeine and it's been helping, which OB said was fine. Been having a hard time sleeping. Between my husband and his loud breathing and then not being comfortable....it's just annoying going to bed. It's weird, I have noticed that I've been balling up the comforter and putting it near my lower abdomen in my sleep. I guess I'm doing it as a comfort thing?

Anyways, Jesse was unable to go to this appointment or see the baby at the ultrasound which kills me. I wish he was available to go with me, meet my doctors, etc. He told me he WILL make it to the gender/anatomy ultrasound so at least I can hold him to that. It just sucks that the Air Force is the major thing in his life rather than family at the moment. He works crazy hours (6am-6:30pm or longer) and goes to bed at 8:30pm. Where does that leave me any time with him at all? It just sucks.

August 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
What a crazy OB! Mine has barely ever put pressure on my abdomen to find the heartbeat, even at 10 weeks, but she at least goes slowly. At least you got an extra peek at the baby this way.

Sorry that Jesse isn't able to go to many of the appts with you. My husband has only gone to the first appt and then ultrasounds, and except for the first ultrasound, he's left immediately after the ultrasound to go to work. He also is gone from 7:30am and gets home around 6pm, going to bed at around 8-8:30, so I totally feel your pain on feeling like you don't get much time together.

I have the similar problems with my husband sleeping. It was so bad that he slept in the spare bedroom for most of my first trimester and a few weeks into my second trimester. I hope you're able to get in some sleep later in the day. Have you looked into buying any pregnancy pillows yet? I've had two: Amazon.com: Sealy Sweet Pea 2-in-1 Maternity and Nursing Pillow, Cappuccino: Baby this one was my first one and it worked great until I was 26 weeks. Then I got this one: Amazon.com: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow: Baby This is great for me now. I'd probably just go straight to the Snoogle, but DH had bought me the other one first.

August 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Expecting #1
Im sorry you dont love your OB as much as your midwife. Hopefully she wont be so short next time you see her. You did get an extra peek at your LO though, so at least you have her to thank for that! Great pictures of your LO. He/She is getting so big already

I second getting a pregnancy pillow. I love my snoogle and its helped with getting comfortable and sleeping soundly. Good luck and hope you get so more sleep in the next week.

August 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Well, I already have a Snoogle, it just takes up so much space and is more of a bother than anything else at the moment so I threw it off the bed. LOL.

August 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM
You will learn that the Snoogle will be your best friend later

August 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
You will learn that the Snoogle will be your best friend later

I agree it's not necessary early on, but in a few weeks you'll be carting that thing anywhere with you!

August 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Truthfully, it's my best friend!

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search