Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
HEHE, I can definitely see a little later on in pregnancy it helping and being my best friend....as of right now though, it's a hassle. What I really need is a bed of my own. LMAO! If I could push Jesse off the bed I would. HAHA

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Updated first post with week 11 belly pic

September 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
11w6d

Week 11 has been pretty un-eventful for the most part. I only got sick once, and it was mostly just because my stomach hurt really bad. I've been dealing with constipation, which is getting to be incredibly annoying because I think my cramps partly have to due with the fact that I'm backed up. NOT FUN! I've had daily headaches, which I've honestly just gotten used to just getting up in the morning and taking my acetaminophen because I know at some point during the day it's gonna happen. Preventative measures I guess.

I'm getting some energy back, which is great because I was really worried that I was sleeping more than I was awake. I still feel tired throughout the day, but I'm not literally falling asleep once I sit down.

I continue to be THIRSTY. For a while there I stopped drinking a lot of water due to morning sickness so now that it's mostly being kept at bay, I've upped my water intake again, which should hopefully help with constipation too.

I cannot believe I'm coming up on my 12th week of pregnancy! It's just so crazy but so wonderful that the first trimester is almost over with! My next appointment isn't until the end of the month, right around 14 weeks, so I've been sneaking little listens on my semi-broken doppler (it only works if you use headphones for some reason) and I've heard the baby kick a few times and move around. I've also noticed some extremely light flutters waaaaay down low where the baby is...I'm not sure if it's the baby I'm feeling or if it's gas. Could be both I guess! But I like to think I'm in-tune with my body enough and I'm not just imagining it.

I've started back on our Emeals meal plans. For a while I stopped them because they just had nothing that sounded very appetizing on them and I just really didn't want to cook anything. Now I'm finally back to wanting to make good food for Jesse and I (and we realized we are eating out waaaay too much) and the baby will get some good nutrition from these meals too! They typically balance the meals out with veggies and fruit and protein so you're getting the recommended amount from the food pyramid for dinner. If anyone is interested in Emeals let me know and I'll provide a referral link.

September 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm so glad the m/s is getting better! I can't believe you are almost 12 weeks! x
sweet.hun likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I'm so glad the m/s is getting better! I can't believe you are almost 12 weeks! x
Neither can I! I'm just so thankful that this pregnancy seems to be going well. Oh, forgot to mention that Friday is the Air Force Ball....got my dress from Rent The Runway and it's STUNNING! So excited to wear it!
Belita likes this.

September 5th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Rent the Runway! I rented some jewelry for my wedding from them and rented the dress I wore to my rehearsal dinner.

Yay for being in the safer zone!! It must be such a relief for you!

September 6th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Expecting #1
You are almost out of the first trimester!! YAY!! Sounds like the m/s is easing up.

I've always wanted to try rent the runway and looked at the site, but never ordered from them. I guess I was too nervous about the whole process. Have fun at the Ball.

September 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Rent the Runway is awesome! Have fun at the ball... and I hope to see a pic or two.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'll definitely post some pics!

September 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to update to say we had a great time at the AF Ball! Here's a pic of Jesse and I. We really didn't take a lot of pics.

Mom2JDub likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Beautiful dress, Shasta! And you really do have a pregnant glow.

September 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Beautiful dress, Shasta! And you really do have a pregnant glow.
Thank you!

September 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
13w2d

I'm not sure if I have a stomach bug or morning sickness just took another shot at me but the past 3 days have been horrible! I've had a nice strong headache along with n/v and it just has not been pleasant what so ever. I spent most of yesterday in bed feeling like I didn't even want to move which sucked because Jesse took Friday off to hang out with me. I feel like a bad wife.

Today was a teeny bit better, although I did take my phenergan suppository so that may be why. I still have the headache but thankfully today the tension headache medicine (acetaminophen w/caffeine) has been working to keep it at bay. I think I'll continue to take my anti-nausea meds throughout the next few days since there's quite a bit going on. Tomorrow Jesse and I are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and going out to dinner since the 18th is a Tuesday and we can't guarantee that he'll be out at a decent time to go to dinner then. I feel bad, I haven't been feeling well enough to go out and get him a gift. Maybe he'll take DTD as a gift? LOL!!!

As far as the baby goes, I feel like I've been feeling the baby every once in a blue moon. I can't be sure though, so until I know for sure I'll just kinda keep waiting for the movement. He or she is definitely being a little stinker and moving when I use the doppler. The other day I would hear the heartbeat and then the baby would move really quickly, so then I would search again, find it, and the baby would move. Must not like me listening in on what it is doing. LOL.

Once I start feeling better I'll be better about following along with other journals. I just haven't really been on the computer much at all and when I am I just check my email and then get off.

September 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yuck! I really hope your m/s eases up soon. That has got to be no fun!

September 21st, 2012, 04:46 AM
14w1d

I have officially (according to my books) entered the second trimester, although I've been there according to me for about a week now. Anyways, I've changed up my diet quite a bit so I'm now completely gluten free. This morning I woke up super early (6am vs my usual 10am) because I was hungry and had some Cinnamon Chex cereal. It was so good. I was a little worried I may not like the cereal (even though I love chex snack mix) but it tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I may end up getting a second bowl because it was that good and I'm THAT hungry this morning.

A new symptom that I had crop up yesterday was Sciatica. My right butt cheek hurt like no other when sitting and walking so I did some stretches yesterday and had Jesse massage the area (hey he didn't complain!!). This morning it's not bad at all so I think the baby was just sitting way back in the uterus yesterday. Other than that, everything has been ok. I took my Phenergan yesterday so I had a pretty productive day without much of an issue at all. Not sure if i'm going to take it today. I would like to not take it anymore unless I absolutely have to.

Monday is my next appointment. I'm pretty excited since we'll probably schedule the anatomy ultrasound then. I'm hoping they will schedule it around week 18 since Jesse goes to Squadron Officer School starting October 21st and doesn't come back until December. Otherwise, we may have to look around for a private ultrasound place to get one done in 2 weeks. Either way, I'm looking forward to figuring out what our baby's gender is so I can start planning the nursery and buying some clothes.

I've been feeling these little flutters lately every once in a great while. I think I mentioned it in a previous journal entry but I'm still not sure if it's baby or if it's just gas. LOL. I'll be thankful when I know for sure because I would really like to have that sense of relief in knowing that baby is moving and grooving in there.

Hopefully you guys got through that without too much trouble. I'll update after my Monday appointment.

September 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Yay on 2nd tri! Hope your m/s continues to ease up for you. I felt my first movement at 14w5d, just once, then nothing for a while after that. I'm just now starting to feel more constant movement-type things almost daily...but I still chalk half of them up to gas!

Good luck on Monday!

September 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you've made it to the second trimester! It could be the baby. I felt Sean for the first time at 13w something. Hopefully they can schedule the anatomy scan before Jesse leaves!
sweet.hun likes this.

September 21st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Second trimester! I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl.
sweet.hun likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Week 14 belly pic added.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
You look adorable. Love the sono pics.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search