Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
You look adorable. Love the sono pics.
Thank you dear!!!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 23rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to see some baby belly there!

September 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM
14w4d

OB appointment went really well. OB found the heartbeat right away and said everything sounds great. She talked about the lab test I'll have done next week, triple screen. I just have to show up sometime next week I guess to get it done, no specific time scheduled. Also, they scheduled my big anatomy ultrasound! I'll hopefully be finding out the gender on October 18th!!! I'm so excited!

After my appointment I went browsing in Joann's Fabric and found a pattern for a cloth diaper. I picked it up, but now I'm regretting the decision to get it. The material I would need to make these are expensive!!!! They are fitted, not all in ones so I guess I'll stick with buying my cloth diapers instead. Rumparooz I think is what we've decided to go with.

Also I talked to someone today at T. Rowe Price to see about getting the money from my 401K taken out. Jesse and I both feel like we could use the money and I don't want it put into an IRA. I know we'll have to pay taxes and all that fun stuff, we've already calculated for it. I just want to be done and over with my 401K. No money has gone into it for almost 2 years, and it's going to be that way for a LONG time, so might as well get that money out and use it to help pay for some baby stuff. For some reason Jesse is thinking he's getting the money so he can get his motorcycle up and running to which I laugh in his face....he doesn't need it up and running, he's got his Miata!!! WE NEED THE MONEY FOR BABY ITEMS. /smack /smack

Right now I'm just hanging out. Trying to figure out if I should return this stuff to Joann's or just keep it and figure out something to do with it. Not really very exciting.

October 1st, 2012, 09:54 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just back catching up after a week away...I can't believe you are almost 16 weeks!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
16w 1d

Oh my lord, let me tell you girls. I've had a rough couple of days. I was talking to a friend about some issues that have cropped up (total TMI but I've had mucus in my bowel movements, nausea cropped up again, broke out in a rash, etc) and she told me to try to go Gluten free for a week to see if maybe that was the issue. So I did and I had an awesome most of week 15. That weekend along with Mon & Tues I added Gluten back in to see what would happen....and I was miserable. I had the WORST migraine ever, my stomach hurt, I felt so nauseated, got a rash again, etc. So now I'm almost certain it's a gluten thing. My friend did suggest that it's possible I have the issue but it might even be baby that has the issue/allergy. So I ordered a bunch of gluten free items online and am in the process of cleaning up my diet and learning about what ingredients may carry gluten in them, etc. It's a hard process but my friend did suggest going to a Paleo diet and then adding processed foods as I feel comfortable. I probably won't go THAT far, but I've done a lot of google searches already and found a lot of stuff is Gluten Free that you wouldn't think would be. So far I've been gluten free again for 3 days (this is the 3rd day) and while I'm still "recovering" from my gluten exposure I feel a lot better. I still have some gagging episodes every once in a while but it's not bad.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do in the mean time until the gluten free foods get here (they will be here on the 11th I believe...due to the weekend and everything) so I'll mostly be eating fruits and veggies for snacks which is better for me anyways to be honest. I feel like I'm not really getting enough nutrition each day and that worries me but there are some girls who are saying the same thing about their eating habits so it makes me feel a bit better and that I'm doing ok. I know I need to add a calcium supplement to my diet. I usually try to take 2 Tums a day but sometimes I forget so I need to make sure I remember. I read somewhere you need about 4 glasses of milk...and I have probably 1 cup with my chex cereal in the morning so I'm really only down 1 glass I believe (not sure how much those Tums equate to...) so I may get some gluten free chocolate syrup and drink a glass of chocolate milk with dinner or something. I used to do that when I was younger and for some reason I have the biggest craving for it recently.

As far as baby goes, I KNOW I've been feeling baby. I felt him or her yesterday a lot. It was like week 16 hit and baby wanted me to know that even though I have the teeniest little bump, he or she is in there. LOL. 13 more days until we get to see our LO and I'm so incredibly excited for it! Hopefully the baby will cooperate and show us the goods!

Also, I'm in a really tough position right now. Apparently the OB/GYN I'm seeing is getting a really bad reputation around the Air Force community. I'm a little worried to be honest because I keep seeing all these posts from people who have bad experiences with her (most were basically she's not compassionate enough/rushes through appointments/horrible wait time in office/etc). I will say the wait time in her office is literally the most annoying thing on the planet. You will wait roughly 45 minutes past your appointment time, but unfortunately there really aren't a whole lot of OB/GYN choices here in Dover so it's like that at all the offices unfortunately. I expressed to my husband how I really wish i was being seen at The Birth Center, but it's an hour away and he doesn't feel comfortable driving that far when I go into labor. Which I completely understand. I don't want to drive that far either. If only I could have a home birth. Delaware has unfortunately made it pretty hard to do that unless you are Amish or Mennonite. And of course Tricare won't cover it because we literally have a hospital about 5 minutes away.

Before this turns into a book I'll stop here. Hope you ladies are doing well!!

October 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope the gluten-free diet will make you feel much better. I have a friend who has celiac disease, so she has to be strictly gluten-free. Actually, sadly, her disease has been the reason she's had difficulty getting pregnant and sustaining a pregnancy.

She says the most difficult part of having a gluten-free lifestyle is eating out at restaurants, but it's awesome how many gluten-free products you can find at your local market.

Glad you're feeling the baby now.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Hope the gluten-free diet will make you feel much better. I have a friend who has celiac disease, so she has to be strictly gluten-free. Actually, sadly, her disease has been the reason she's had difficulty getting pregnant and sustaining a pregnancy.
I have a friend with celiac too, and she's been struggling with infertility because of it. She recently found that gluten free has make the BIGGEST change for her, and her doctors are very hopeful now. Anyhow, my SIL's sister is 100% paleo, and my bro/SIL are dabbling with it. They aren't super strict about it, but they try. I have to say, both of them say wonderful things. It's not for me, but there are tons of recipes and foods out there to cater to special diets like these. Even restaurants are getting more and more GF-friendly!

PS. You can also PM Nikki (Coley). She is 100% GF and would probably be happy to share some of her recipes/resources!

I remember those first early feelings of baby. Isn't it exciting!? I kept thinking like I would never really feel kicks and such, but everyone told me it would sort of happen overnight. Well, it did. Right when we left for Hawaii. And Scooter Man has been kicking non-stop since! Enjoy every moment!

October 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:

She says the most difficult part of having a gluten-free lifestyle is eating out at restaurants, but it's awesome how many gluten-free products you can find at your local market.

Glad you're feeling the baby now.
Thanks hon. I hope so too! I just want to start enjoying this pregnancy more instead of feeling like I'm always being hit by a truck. LOL.

October 7th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Added my 16 week belly pic to the first post.

October 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I can't believe you're already 16 weeks!

October 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
I can't believe you're already 16 weeks!
Neither can I! Time is flying by now!

October 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yikes! 16 weeks already! You are def starting to round out a bit!
sweet.hun likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM
17 weeks

Ok, when did the time start flying by?! Seriously, it's like the weeks just kinda blur together!

Being on a gluten free diet has been interesting, but definitely manageable so far! I took a trip to the natural food store here in town and stocked up on snack for this week along with some rice pasta (penne pasta!). I've had no issues with my tummy so I'm incredibly happy about that! And for anyone curious, going gluten free has been super easy, albeit expensive. /sigh

As far as Baby Lantz goes, I'm feeling him or her fluttering usually in the morning and at night, with a few bumps here and there. It's really an interesting feeling! I giggled last night while on the couch because baby was moving quite a bit and the flutters were kind of "tickling" and Jesse goes "What is so funny?" I just smiled and said "The baby is moving."

I can't believe we have a week left until our anatomy scan!!! AAAH! I'm getting more and more anxious to figure out what this little baby is so I can start buying stuff and getting the nursery ready. A good friend of mine found my baby registry with Baby's R Us and bought a few things. I wasn't expecting it at all so when I got the package at my front door I thought it was the food I ordered so I opened the box and there was a bunch of wrapped gifts in there. I looked at the packing slip and he had written a note about how he couldn't wait to get us some baby items and I just started crying. It was really really sweet of him.

I've only gained a pound since my last doctor appointment, which I'm not sure how rapidly you are supposed to put on the pounds now, but is that ok?! I'm making sure that I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner AND I have snacks as well. I just hope I'm getting enough nutrition for the baby.

Anyways, not a whole lot to report. I'll check in if anything changes.

October 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Wow, 17 weeks! I totally remember those tickles...I had those up until not too long ago, actually, and it always made me scratch on the outside because it tickled so much!

October 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your pregnancy is going so fast! Not far from halfway!

I did the same thing as Karin with the ticklish movements: they always made me subconsciously scratch that spot!

Everyone gains differently. There are done ladies in my DDC who are only about 10lbs up from pre-pregnancy weight but others, like me, have gained closer to 50 (gotta love a body that bloats easily!). As long as the baby is growing well and your doctor isn&5 concerned I would try not to worry about it.

Can't wait to hear about your anatomy scan.

Last edited by Belita; October 11th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
October 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'm sure you're weight gain is fine. Glad the gluten-free diet is going well. Hope you continue to feel well too.

October 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
17 week belly shot is up in the first post!

October 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
You are def rounding out!!

October 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
It is so crazy, yesterday I was nice and round and today it's like the kiddo went further back into the uterus so I'm smaller again. LOL

October 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Heehee, I had days of that for sure. Between 7-8 weeks, I was huge (in my head), and then I shrunk! I still have days like that!

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search