Shasta's March Madness Baby (Updated 2/28)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
17w5d

I cannot believe it's Tuesday! Only 2 more days until we find out what Baby L is!!! I mentioned it to DH how since I'm for sure it's a girl that it will most likely be a boy. HAHA. We're pretty much prepared for that to happen to be honest. Our DDC has a running tally of girls vs boys and the boys are pretty much in the lead.

This weekend we bought a crib and changing table and decided NOT to buy a dresser. We realized we aren't going to have room in the nursery and can just use a closet system instead, so that's what we're going to do. Jesse already put the crib together so that I can make crib sheets while he's gone.

In other news, we have baby kittens! Well, not WE exactly, but I'm caring for them and their mamma. She's a feral cat in the neighborhood and when we seen kittens on our porch playing on Sunday I sprang into action and made them a shelter out of a 30 gallon tub and some pet bedding (non toxic) so that she could have a dry place to keep them. I knew it was going to get colder and start raining so I really wanted to make sure they had a comfortable place to sleep for the winter. I also bought some kitten chow so hopefully with them seeing me fill up their food bowl daily they will recognize who I am and that I'm not going to hurt them and maybe they'll trust me enough so I can get them all spayed/neutered. We'll see.

Not much else is going on. Seems like baby is "shy" and doesn't want the world to see I'm pregnant. LOL. The bump has gone down a lot and it actually kinda looks like I have abs, which is incredibly frustrating. LOL

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
October 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Awwww, kitties! Good for you for taking care of them, and more importantly, for wanting to get them spayed/neutered. You should check in your area to see if they have any TNR programs...areas that do will usually help you trap the kitties, and will have them altered at low to no cost. Some will even vaccinate, not many, but some. (TNR stands for trap-neuter-release). Do be careful around them though

I can't wait to see how your nursery will come together! And YAY for only 2 more days!!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM

We are so incredibly thrilled! Baby was such a little stinker and was curled up the entire time! At one point we got a picture of her in the pike position which was adorable. Thankfully at the very end she moved to a better position and we were able to take a peek. Her foot is slightly in the way of the gender shot, but tech is 98% sure it's a girl! Unfortunately I'll have to go back for another anatomy scan at 20 weeks since they didn't get all the shots they needed, but her spine looks great, she was opening and closing her hands, playing with her feet, and she had hiccups! We're naming her Rylie Lynn. We are SO IN LOVE!

The tech said I'm not showing much because my uterus hasn't changed positions yet so it's still running lengthwise and hasn't flattened out yet.

October 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
for Team Pink!! What great pictures!
sweet.hun likes this.

October 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
We had so many great pictures of her! It's so hard to pick a favorite but I think my favorite one is this one:

October 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
congrats Shasta!!
sweet.hun likes this.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

October 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Super Mommy
i'm so glad you are doing well! congrats again!
October 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on having a baby girl! I love the name!

October 19th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Thank you ladies!!

October 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Expecting #1
Congrats on the baby girl and I love the name!! Great pictures too.

October 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay Shasta I'm so happy for you! I also had a lot of losses (4) and look at us now, both expecting little girls
sweet.hun likes this.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

October 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Yay Shasta I'm so happy for you! I also had a lot of losses (4) and look at us now, both expecting little girls
So happy for you too!!! I can't believe how lucky we both are!

October 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
19w1d
This isn't really going to be an entry about the pregnancy because I honestly have no new updates. LOL. Baby Rylie is kicking, I can't sleep and when I do I have crazy sex dreams, blah blah. Heh, typical pregnant woman here. Except I still don't have much of a belly.

Hurricane Sandy is supposed to be here Monday night I believe and I'm freaking out. Not because I'm home alone without Jesse here, but because of the kittens outside that are feral. I have no clue what in the world to do for them to make sure they make it through the storm. NO CLUE. I'm going to go out there tomorrow to make sure the shelter I made is wedged far enough under the deck (although honestly it's too tall to be completely under the deck or I would have just slid it under there in the first place) so it stays in place but other than that....I'm honestly lost. Day by day the kittens have become really really interested in who I am and I will sit on the floor by the sliding glass door and a few of them will come up and want to sniff me but will run when I open the door to stick my finger through. I had one almost come up to me this morning while I was out there fixing the light bulb but he or she ended up backing away. I want to be careful about toxoplasmosis and everything and don't want to get scratched or bitten so I'm not going to try to catch them or anything. I just want them to see me as "not a threat" but I know that's not going to happen very easily or anytime soon. Anyone have any ideas for me on how to make sure they make it through the hurricane? I assume if they aren't safe in their current location momma will seek out another place for them, right? She won't just leave them there? Hopefully her instincts kick in and she can sense something is about to happen and get them to safety before it gets too windy. I'm seriously making myself sick with worry. If I could just bring them inside until the Hurricane has passed that would be the most ideal thing. And who knows if we're going to be evacuated or not. We're right up against a river....so the potential for being evacuated is pretty high depending on how bad it hits us. When Irene hit us last year we never lost power and our street didn't flood or anything (we just had water come through under our door because the builders did a crappy job and we have no storm door). This year hopefully the same occurs. I hate how uneasy I feel about this whole thing.

October 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Oh no. I almost couldn't read this post. If it were me, I would relocate them all to a safer place myself. That's probably not the smartest thing, but honestly, there is NO WAY I would be able to sit back and let them ride out that storm and "hope" their mom has instincts kick in. Call your local shelters, and see if they have any advice, or any place you can temporarily bring them. Let them know that you will not leave them there, rather you will bring them home after the danger is gone.

Poor kitties!

October 26th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Oh no. I almost couldn't read this post. If it were me, I would relocate them all to a safer place myself. That's probably not the smartest thing, but honestly, there is NO WAY I would be able to sit back and let them ride out that storm and "hope" their mom has instincts kick in. Call your local shelters, and see if they have any advice, or any place you can temporarily bring them. Let them know that you will not leave them there, rather you will bring them home after the danger is gone.

Poor kitties!
I know, I've been having small anxiety attacks about it. I honestly don't know how to catch them...those little critters are super fast and they run all the way under the deck where I can't get to them. I've been crying for the past 2 days since I found out about Sandy because I just don't know what to do. I asked Jesse if moving their shelter up onto the deck would be better and he said it would probably be worse and would blow away a lot easier that way since the deck isn't covered or anything. Also, all of the shelters are PACKED with cats. I've called the ones we have here in town and they won't accept any more cats even if I could catch them.

October 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh no that really sucks about the kitties I hope they find a safer place.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

October 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ya, i figured that about the shelters...ours here too are overflowing with cats (and bunnies!). I totally agree about NOT moving them to the deck. That would be worse. Is there any place you can move them inside temporarily? OR, can you build an extra strong shelter? Jeez, if I lived by you, I would come over and help you

November 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
20w2d

Week 20 started off with quite a bang. The kittens made it through the hurricane just fine, all 3 are doing well but unfortunately mama and the 2 other babies haven't been seen. Makes me sad, and I pray that they are doing ok.

I had quite the headache 2 days ago along with heartburn (yep, I'm dealing with heartburn now) and I ended up throwing up my dinner which then in turn made me pee myself. There was nothing I could do to stop it. It just kinda happened but thankfully Jesse is gone so he didn't get to witness that completely mortifying moment. LOL.

I volunteered for the DOSC Craft Show today (put on every year in November) and it went well. I was going to buy some Christmas stuff but again I started to develop a headache and I just wanted to get out of there at the end of my volunteer shift. So, I didn't get any cool stuff which saddened me because I seen a few cute things that I could have picked up, along with an adorable item for Rylie's room. Unfortunately it's the only day the craft show is going on so I missed out. Oh well.

My 2nd anatomy scan was yesterday. Again, Rylie was stubborn and would not cooperate for the spine images. So they kinda gave up at that point and just did sectional images which isn't what the doctors like but that's what we're giving them because Rylie was just too comfortable to be bothered (no matter how much jostling they did). They did see the umbilical cord, the placenta, etc so they were slightly successful. And of course, she's still a girl! Confirmed now by 3 techs. She was in a great position to see her down there and apparently she wanted mommy to know she was in fact a girl. Eased my mind a little bit since we didn't get that great of a potty shot the last time around. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures from this scan.

I'm finally starting to show! I'm so excited! I had a few women come up to me from the DOSC and rub my belly (which I don't mind because they are good friends) and one told me "Oh my god! You're finally showing! You look great!" Made me feel good. I started wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans again because for some reason in this whole process I lost my butt. Seriously, I can't keep my maternity jeans up. LOL. They start to sag and it just looks weird when a pregnant lady is sagging. HAHA. Also, realized I'm not a huge fan of those stupid bella bands. All they do is get in the way so I've been using a rubber band to keep the button from sticking out and making it noticeable that I haven't completely buttoned up my pants.

As far as I can tell, I've gained all the weight I lost back thanks to the lovely bagels I've been eating for breakfast (and probably a few other items..LOL). Gluten is my friend again, which is great because craving bagels and getting a gluten free one just isn't the same as a gluten one.

That's about it for now. Just kinda keeping my head up and counting the weeks until Jesse comes home! 6 more weeks!

November 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad Rylie looks great! I hope the next 6 weeks fly by. Yay for showing!!!

November 3rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
I'm so glad things are going well for you! Very happy to hear about the kitties, too.

Glad you are finally showing! Makes a big difference! x

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy after loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search