Dawn's Birthday Bug EDD 4/18 - 32 Week Pic Posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree174Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the bedding! Owls are so popular now if you do owls and people know about it expect to get a ton of owl things.

That sounds like a great potential job opportunity! I hope it works out for you!

If I hadn't had a c-section we would have started to TTC this coming summer to avoid me being pregnant in the summer again. You are pregnant at the perfect time! Even after you have the baby it'll still be cool for a while and there are PP hot flashes as the hormones are getting back to normal, so you'll get to put that out of the way before the summer heat kicks in, too.

November 16th, 2012, 04:20 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I just wanted to pop on quick since I woke up a bit early and didn't get a chance to get on here last night. Anyways...yesterday I got the unofficial offer to the new position! There are a few details to be worked out yet but it's pretty much a done deal! I am sooo however the timing in a way could not be worse because I now will be training someone for my current position, I have to learn a new position, plus I have my yearly project that is due January 31st that I was going to start the week after thanksgiving. I will just have to utilize some of our admin staff for help on my project but between all the new stuff going on at work and the holidays coming up the next two months are just going to fly by!!!!

I still haven't felt the baby yet, at least I don't think. I have been feeling stuff but I think it's my uterus stretching cause it's not that fluttering feeling everyone describes.

Tonight's the bachelorette party, should be a lot of fun but who knows how long I'm going to make it especially since I have been up since 4, no thanks to the cat and just haven't been able to fall back to sleep.

It's time to go get ready for work! Have fabulous Friday and weekend!!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; November 16th, 2012 at 06:47 AM.
November 16th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
on the job offer!!! That is so exciting!!!! When is your official start date?

Have fun tonight! Hopefully you will be able to stay awake for the good stuff!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

November 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
It's just a different position with the same company. So at this point it's just a matter of transiting positions; training the girl who is taking over mine and me being trained. We have 6 new clients starting December 17th so we are hoping to begin the training and transitioning after Thanksgiving!
Mom2JDub and Nicholle ttc like this.

November 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Expecting #1
Yay to the job offer! Don't worry about getting things done, I am sure you will manage just fine. You will just be super busy for the next few weeks, which is a good thing. It will make the time fly by!!

Have fun at the party tonight!!

November 16th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Glad you got the new position! I agree with Jules, it'll help the time go by faster!

I hope you have fun at the bachelorette party!

November 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Congratulations!! That's great! I know it will be hectic...I've been in your exact position with transitioning to a new role, training for an old role, and bringing on new clients (and I did all of that over the holidays too, and with travel!!). But, the best part was that it was really exciting to be moving into a new job, and it will make time fly for you!

Have fun at the party!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I just wanted to pop in quick...I had a crazy weekend and a busy week so far. We are hosting thanksgiving Thursday so tomorrow and the rest of the week are going to be crazy. I do have my 17 week pic just have to post it. I will post a proper update later this week. I am just tired and on my phone right now. My kitty Roxy is curled up right next to me so I don't want to get up lol.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe thanksgiving and eat lots!!!

November 20th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving!

November 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

November 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Expecting #1
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

November 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I promise to eat lots! Hope you have a great day too.
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
18 Weeks 4 Days

Hmm...where to start, oh the bachorlette party. The Friday before thanksgiving I went to a bachorlette party. We started with dinner at a Mexican Restaurant and I had a faijtia burrito and was very disappointed with it . Then we headed over to the show 'men' . That was an experience. While, I was very impressed with how good looking the men were but kind of overall disappointed in the show. The guys would come out one at a time dance for a bit and after there skit girls are given the opportunity to go up on stage for a lap dance. While that was going on, the other guys would walk around to give lap dances and that what pretty much the show for 3 hours! I opted not to get a lap dance; some of these guys would pick these girls up and shake them up a bit so I just did not feel comfortable. I think it would have been better if it was more about an act and dancing than the constant lap dances. The rules were you can touch the guys anywhere and they can touch the girls anywhere. So yea...it got pretty raunchy. Idk..maybe being married and pregnant that just not my thing. Don't g st me wrong I don't mind looking at some half naked hot men dancing around; just not that other stuff. The show ended at 11:00 and I took off after. I new if I stayed up much longer I would need to eat again and I really didn't feel like saying greasy bar food after eating Mexican and I wasn't even sure they served food at that point in the evening. I was also tired so I headed out. I felt like such a party pooper, I'm usually the one who would stay the entire time but they all understood. It sounded like the rest of the girls had a fun and crazy night as they should have so I'm glad .

I don't recall what happened the rest of the weekend lol. The following Monday I had an appointment scheduled with a at home babysitter and she completely forgot and apparently something came up and she wasn't home . Of course after we got home my MIL asked how it went and when we told her what happened she just had nothing good to say. Then she asked if the the babysitter had any dogs. There was a dog there so now my MIL is making a big deal out of that. I am not saying what the lady did was expectable but I didn't need to be given someone's 2 cents on top of that kwim? I was already upset and disappointed. Anyways...I called up my friend because she takes her two kids to her and highly recommend her. She said the kids love her, they have never had any problems with her, the kids love the dog and the dog love the kids, and they said they trust her 100%. Of course I want to check out a couple options before making a decision but she did text me the next day apologizing and I told her to call me if she still wanted to meet. The ONLY reason I would give her a second chance is because of my friends that I trust. We have not reschuled yet. I figure I would wait until after thanksgiving so maybe I will try contacting her next week. What do you all think? Now I am asking for your two cents .

The rest of the week got pretty busy. Wednesday after work I got to babysit my older nephew; the one that is 1. He was so good and such a hoot!

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. I was nervous because I made my first turkey by myself. My MIL also joined my family but all went well. This was the first time she really spent time with my family because she's been in Vegas for most of the time I have been DH.

Friday night, after my mom got down with work at midnight. We went Black Friday shopping! We lasted until 8 am...boy was I just tired and by morning I was getting a really bad sore thoat. I had planned on going to be early and getting a nice nap in but that didn't happen. DH was on call all week and when he is on call he ends up taking most of the calls in the middle of the night because the calls are from India therefore Thursday night he got a few calls before midnight that would wake me up and it turns out it was a good thing I was out shopping bec DH got at least 1 call every hour and then had to work from 7-11 Friday morning. Needless to say Friday we spent half the day napping on and off but then out up the Christmas decorations and the tree. Friday night DH only received a couple calls and we both couldn't call back to sleep so we were up half the night again! Saturday morning I woke up with a nasty cold again...my second cold and December isn't even here. This is going to be a long winter at his rate! Sunday, DH woke up sick; so I guess I shared my cold. I told DH that apparently making out is good for a stuffy nose but be didn't want but still ended up sick lol.

So Saturday I didn't do much and Sunday we did not do anything!!! I guess I took advantage of not feeling good on the weekend vs suffering through at work. I am feeling much better but still coughing a little here and there.

This week I started my training on for my new position along with training someone on my position. Overall so far so good. I think it's going to be a smooth transition.

Two weeks from tomorrow we found out the sex of the baby! I am so excited!!! Just to let you all know...I decided I want to announce the gender at Christmas time so everyone can find out at the same time! Therefore I may not announce the gender until after telling my family but at the same time I know I share everything with all of you so I may want to share with someone so we wil see. So either you all will know in two weeks of I may make you a wait until Christmas morning too . I know this is killing everyone because everyone is so anixous! DH got excited at the thought of having a boy but my family is really itching for a girl! I honestly do not care one way or another and will live the baby the same either way but a part of me really wants a boy for DH but with everyone talking about all this cute baby girl stuff part of me really wants girl lol but again it truly doesn't matter. Either way I am thankful and over the moon!

Now I do need to start thinking what I want to do for the gender reveal. Oh and btw; within seconds of putting up the tree the cats were climbing it and playing in it. my last two cats never climbed the tree, they would just play and sleep underneath and now I have two cats that won't stop climbing it . Oh well...not sure how to keep them out, as long as they don't hurt themselves I just let then do there thing

Happy Wednesday! I can't believe it's Wedneday already. Sorry for being MIA.

November 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I just realized I forgot to post an baby update!

Well, since I have had this cold my appetite has been much smaller than usual, I am really hoping its just because of the cold and nothing baby related. I have been worrying a bit because of my lack of appetite and not feeling any movement yet. Then last night I was laying in bed and started to feeling my stomach twitch, kind like an eye twitch. It happened for a couple seconds stopped and then happened again but haven't felt it since. I am hoping to start feeling more movement soon!

According to my weekly baby updates, the baby should be able to hear and on Sunday, my cat was laying next me and kind of laying on my belly purring so hopefully the baby heard that

Thanks for reading my long update!

November 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
That sounds like the baby moving to me!

Can't wait to find out what you're having! I hope we get to find out when you do, but understand wanting to wait until Christmas. When I was pregnant for the first time we were telling family for Christmas.

I would feel the same way as you about the babysitter. I might give her a second chance based on the friend's recommendation but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't give her a second chance at all. My aunt did home daycare and had a dog and there was never a problem between the dog and any of the kids so if you're ok with it I wouldn't rule out the daycare because of it.

November 28th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm with you on the lap dance thing. It just becomes weird at a certain point in our lives, especially when married and pregnant.

I love the pics of your kitties in the tree. Our cat was born in January, so she was a big girl already when she encountered her first Christmas tree, but she was also really playful like a kitten still. We managed to keep her out of the tree, just sort of playing with the ornaments that first year for the weekend we had it up. On a Monday, though, when we got home from work, we discovered the tree completely toppled over, ornaments rolled into the kitchen, some of them broken, and other ornaments in various rooms of the house. She had a total party that year! Now she pretty much ignores the tree, for which I'm very thankful.

Can't wait to hear the gender of your little one, but I guess I can wait until Christmas.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 28th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, nice update! I love the kitty in tree picture. Did you post one like that last year, or was that another friend of mine with a kitty who loved to climb in her tree?

On the babysitter, personally, I would move on. I'm sure it was just a fluke, and I know your friends are happy, but it would bother me enough to find other options. Of course, you can always go back and try again later if you aren't happy with your other options.

That feeling you described sure as heck sounds like baby moving to me!

I totally understand about gender reveal. I will be excited to hear it, whenever you decide to share. We still haven't officially announced it on FB for some dumb reason. Mostly because we can't think of any cute way to do it!

November 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I personally wouldn't leave a baby with a babysitter who had a dog unless the dog and kids were kept in separate quarters at all times. You just don't know how good an eye she's really keeping on everyone or what her limits are for baby/dog contact. For example I get really disgusted by seeing dogs lick babies on the face but some people think it's normal. I just wouldn't feel comfortable unless it was my dog in my home or if I was visiting a friend with a dog but that's just me.
Plus she sounds a bit disorganized and flaky.. I mean how do you just forget an appointment with a potential client? Makes me wonder what else she'd forget..

Yay for feeling the baby!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

November 29th, 2012, 06:44 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just want to add another yay for baby movement!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!