Dawn's Birthday Bug EDD 4/18 - 32 Week Pic Posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree174Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just wanted to make an appearance in your Grads journal!
kbpeanut and blueeyes25s like this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
August 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess you'll have to play it by ear on when to tell people. It is so scary, but exciting to be public! Maybe you'll feel more at ease about telling a few people after your ultrasound.

I think everything so far sounds like a good sign!

August 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Week 5 Day 2

It was just another busy day at work. I have a project I am working on, that I am actually enjoying and this afternoon I got caught up in it and totally lost track of time. When I realized I it was almost time to leave I almost didn't want to and wanted to stay and finished but I went home .

My bbs are not hurting as much today. That is starting to make me worry and that last week I had a couple days where I had that I have to eat now feeling, but I haven't had that since. I guess I would think by now I would be a lot more hungry than what I am. I know I am just being paranoid but I can't help it. I was super thirsty today. I almost had 64oz of water finished by 10:30 am and I start work at 7:30. I'm not sure what that was about but I don't feel as thirsty this evening

Anyways....I really don't have much of an update today. I am tired and so ready for bed.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's so scary, but symptoms do come and go even when everything is fine. I've found that my hunger increases with growth spurts and I can believe that even at 5 weeks that growth spurts would cause you to go through phases of being more hungry than usual. I'd get relief from breast tenderness on days when they aren't growing as fast so your boobs probably just went through a growth spurt as well (even if it's not noticeable to you) and they are just taking a break from growing.

August 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks, that makes me feel better
Belita likes this.

September 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
6 weeks

Well, I made it through the our trip to my friend's parent's cabin w/o having to announce I am pregnant. We went up Saturday and came back Sunday. We did our usual, hanging out in the lake on a boat, playing games, jet skiing, etc. Everyone was so busy drinking that they didn't even notice I wasn't. I had a pink cup with water in it the entire time, and a ginger ale at one point and no one questioned me throughout the day. Then later we had a fire and the drinking continued and one of my friends kept offering me different drinks and finally I pulled her aside and told her the news . I was ok with telling her, we have been friends since 3rd grade so she is a close friend and then understood why I wasn't drinking. She then said she never caught on I was drinking...haha. It was a lot of fun! She got back around 12:30 today. I woke up feeling like I was hung over and was just beyond tired so we went got breakfast and headed home. Tomorrow we have a booyah party at my aunt's. She does this every labor day. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay, depends on how I'm feeling but other than that we are just laying low tonight and tomorrow.

My hunger has increased ALOT. I seem to be able to eat about the same when I sit down for a meal but then I'm hunger every couple hours. The last couple nights I have woken up in the middle of the night starving! If this baby gets hungry in the middle of the night, I think that may be a sign for (I need to come up with a nickname for this little bean) how my little bean is going to be once born It's crazy, Friday night we had mexican and I ate about half of it. When I woke up, I made oatmeal with warm milk in hopes I would make me sleepy but that oatmeal didn't even come close to filling me up so I ended up eating my left overs.

I am also starting to really have acid reflux/indigestion problems and on Friday, it was making me feel sick blah. I had to cut back on the fruits and have been eating more crackers in place but I also find ginger ale helps but that's just wasted calories.

My bbs are back to hurting again; they just took that one day off to give me a break I guess . They have gotten a little bigger too . Today, I got my first bad headache, have been super sleepy, and my stomach wasn't feeling the best. I'm feeling a little better now. I got in about a 20 minute nap and just ate dinner so I think that helped.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!

September 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Glad it went well at the lake! Yay for feeling crappy!

September 3rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Loving all your symptoms, Dawn!
blueeyes25s likes this.

September 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thanks for continuing to update us! You still probably have a couple weeks until your next ob/gyn appt. I bet you can't wait!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

September 4th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thanks for continuing to update us! You still probably have a couple weeks until your next ob/gyn appt. I bet you can't wait!
Actually it's Thursday! I can't wait!!!

September 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Is it an ultrasound on Thursday?

September 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
6 weeks 2 days

Yes, the u/s is on Thursday and I will be seeing my OB/GYN. I am so anixous, excited, and nervous for the appointment. Last time, when I went in for the u/s is when I found out I was miscarrying.

On Sunday we went grocery shopping and were carrying groceries into the house. I ended up somehow hurting my back picking up one of the grocery bags. I am in pretty good shape and carrying groceries should not be an issue but i somehow managed to hurt my back is still hurting. I don't want to take anything for it so I am just taking it easy and hopefully it will heal up fast.

So this whole eating only an extra 300 calories a day seems impossible. How do you all do it? I am seriously hungry every two hours and it doesn't seem to matter if I eat a big meal or a small meal. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do, right? If I am hungry I need to eat. I did bring a bag of almonds to work and snacked on one here and there which seemed to help a bit.

On Monday I went to my aunt's for a family gathering and on of my other aunt's brought over some of grandma's old cake pans with some baking supplies! I can't wait to use them. I have bunny, scooby doo, piano, guitar, and a heart pan! It's a great way to build up my collection.

I also have been taking weekly pics but haven't decided if I am ready to post them yet....we will see but I am now up 6lbs! That is more than my liking but it's gonna happen. Some of it is definitley in my bbs for sure. My bras are barely fitting me. I can't wait until Thursday. Once I know if everything will be fine I can start buying stuff!

Saturday is my SIL's bday and we're invited to her house for a cookout so that would be a great time to announce our news to my brothers, sister, and SIL

Happy Tuesday!!! Less than two days!!! The last two weeks feel like they have been dragging...

Last edited by blueeyes25s; September 4th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
September 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Lucky you, getting such an early ultrasound! Mine wasn't scheduled until 8 weeks. Hopefully you can see a heartbeat!
blueeyes25s likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think I've done well with the recommended calorie intake. Having a breakfast with eggs helps, though. The hard part is when I think I'm hungry but am actually thirsty, so drinking lots of water helps, too.

I hope the next two days go by fast for you! What time is your appt? My advice is to always take the first available ultrasound appt of the day. You'll be exactly where I was for my first ultrasound. I just know you'll see that glorious heartbeat flickering away.

September 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
My appointment is at 2:30 central time. The reason I did a later appointment is so I did not have to come back to work without using vacation time or having to go back to work afterwards .

I have been eating eggs for breakfast, I find that helps in the morning and I always have water by my side.

Last edited by blueeyes25s; September 5th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
September 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Expecting #1
Loving your symptoms!! Keep up that water drinking. I found the more water I drank the better I felt overall. I used to eat several small meals throughout the day, but then would have a bigger dinner. After getting pregnant, I would eat more snacks (fruit, yogurt, raw veggies and crackers) throughout the day, but the portions would be smaller. It helped with the feeling hungry all day long.

Sorry your back was hurting you. Try using a heating pad on low and stretching lots!

Yay for the u/s tomorrow!! Can't wait to see your little bean's first picture.

September 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
FWIW, I have been eating nonstop this entire pregnancy. There was a week or two somewhere in the middle where it slowed, but for the most part, not so much. I found that little snacks throughout the day worked, and for me, even still, what those snacks are changes daily or weekly. Keep trying different things!

I can't wait for your u/s! x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
6 weeks 3 days

I definitely stocked up on a variety of snacks when we went grocery shopping this past weekend. I got a variety of cracker, string cheese, veggies, fruit, oatmeal... stuff like that. Today was another day I was not feeling great. This morning I had to sit through a short presentation at work; it was about how donating money can help the less fortunate will benefit and they shared a couple stories that really had me tearing up and had to do everything in my power to hold back my tears. Also, half way through I felt like throwing up...ick. Then after we got to have pancakes and sausage for breakfast.

I made a soup to eat for lunch this week; a tortilla chicken soup. It tastes really good but after a couple bites I started gaging and could not eat anymore. Tonight for dinner indecided I wanted a big dinner so we grilled steak and corn on the cob (which started on fire ), then I also has a half of sweet potatoe, and baked beans. It was all so good but had a hard time eatting the food, especially the steak. I don't know why but not much is appetizing to me right now...

Less than 24 hours until my appointment. I want to be so excited but I am so nervous. I keep telling myself good thoughts and saying little prayers.

Well.. I am exhausted so I am just going to lay around the rest of the evening...and my back still hurts which sucks, I plan on mentioning it to the doctor tomorrow. Anyways I hope everyone had a great day!

September 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Dawn! Congrats on being nominated for Host of the Month! (host hideaway!)

Best wishes to you tomorrow for your u/s...I'll be stalking for an update! x
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 6th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You symptoms are sounding great Dawn, for your u/s today, I'm so excited for you and will be stalking your journal!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search