Dawn's Birthday Bug EDD 4/18 - 32 Week Pic Posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree174Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nursery looks great!!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 13th, 2013, 02:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I am so behind on posting since I am usually 1- handed on my phone these days but I am up to date
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
February 13th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Expecting #2
The wall decals look great!! Love the colors and the white molding is a nice touch! Sounds like you are nesting and getting another room remodeled.

Wow, your shower is so close! It feels like yesterday you were first talking about it! Time is flying by! I hope it's flying by for you as well!

February 13th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Wanna come to chat today at 7est? I'm lonesome lol. I know everybody is busy but I figured I would give it a try!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
February 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry Crystal I didn't get your message earlier

30 weeks 1 day

10 more weeks until EDD. Baby shower is this Saturday! I am so excited!!! I called my SIL to touch base. We had a freak out moment on Saturday. My SIL called to confirm our reservations on Saturday and the person she talked to got all the info wrong. He said we weren't lowes to bring in any cooked food and that we would be sitting in the bar part of the bowling. My shower is at a bowling alley bec we were able to get a room there for free. A friend knows the owner. Today I was able to confirm all the correct and proper details as planned originally. Anyways, the only stipulation on getting the room was we had to purchase their soda vs bring our own. Pitchers of soda is like $3.50; and my SIL makes the comment today, I really hope people go for the punch and not drink much soda. Grrrr! She has been making me soo mad since the beginning. Of course I don't expect anyone to spend a fortune but if she was going to have a difficult time financially she should have said something up front. I didn't even ask her, she kind of brought up and all I asked was her to take charge since she was willing to help. Either way, why does she turn every conversation into a money issue. It just makes me feel like my shower has been such a burden on her... I have really been trying to brush it off but it's really getting to me. I did bring up the issue in the beginning and said she did not need to help plan and if would rather bring something and leave it at that then that was fine but nothing was solved from that convo.

Ok, enough venting. Baby and I have been doing good for the most part. Baby has been kicking even move I have been super tired and still having pelvic pain but nothing I can't handle. I also have not been sleeping well....not sure why.

I am down to every two week appts; this is all becoming so real. The dresser we ordered a couple weeks ago is in! We won't pick it up until the weekend because we are going to need help.

Oh...I think I started have Braxton hicks just over a week ago; I felt them on and off for a couple days and then nothing and today I think I felt them again. I think that's what it was anyways. I also got a random cramp in my stomach area this afternoon, I'm not sure what that was about either. I also have been feeling the baby hiccup for a couple weeks but didn't know that's what I was feeling until last weekend.

I hope eveyone is doing good! Happy Monday!

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 19th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Expecting #2
Yay for baby hiccups. They are so cute!! Your shower is finally here! Time has flown by. I know there has been some bumps along the way so I hope everything goes smoothly this weekend and your SIL keeps her comments to herself! Enjoy your shower!!

February 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I can't believe it's so close! I hope you have a great time at your shower and your SIL isn't too much of a pain. I can't wait to see a photo of all of the baby's loot!

Braxton Hicks means you're really getting close. Your body is starting to practice! Glad the baby is doing well. It is overwhelming but so much fun to put all the finishing touches on the nursery and buy all those last things.
blueeyes25s likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Baby hiccups.

I can't believe you're already at biweekly appointments! All the final details of your shower, the nursery, all these appointments, BH contractions... it's so exciting!

Hope your shower is a blast!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; February 22nd, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
February 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Oh my goodness, time is flying!!!!

March 1st, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
31 Weeks 5 days

A relaxing weekend ahead. Tomorrow morning I'm going shopping with my mom to pick up some more baby things that we need. I plan to continue to put the baby's clothes away. It worked out perfect that the dresser came in last week! Oh, I have a couple pictures to hang up on the wall or DH but other than that I plan on taking it easy. My feet are so swollen so it would probaby be best to take it easy and keep my feet up .

I also found my first stretch marks so I have really been loading up on the lotion.

My shower was last Saturday and turned out so good! I had such a good time, had such a great turn out, and got lots of things!!! Of course I got a nice handful of clothes but did get a lot of things I needed! I just cannot believe how fast this is coming up and feel like I still have so much to do around the house. I have just been trying to get things in order. We also need to narrow down the name choices. I want to go in with a couple of options but not make a decision until baby comes.

Anyways baby is doing good! He's moving around a lot, I always wonder what he's doing in there.

Anyways...time to spend some time with the hubby and kitties. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
JennyLee likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Expecting #2
Glad you had a great shower! Enjoy doing laundry and folding baby clothes. I know that sounds odd, but I absolutely loved doing that before Ember came. The clothes are so tiny and cute and I just daydreamed while doing laundry.
Belita likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah, it's so fun to wash all that baby laundry at first.

Welcome to the tiger club! I'm prone to stretch marks and already had them when I got pregnant so I thought I'd get more than I did.

I can't wait to see pics of your nursery! You could be a mommy next month if he's not too late!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm glad that you had a great shower! Do you have any pics?

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 5th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not take any pics of the shower, things got to crazy but my SIL did and hopefully she will send me the pics soon. I also have a couple more things to hang on the wall in the baby's room and then it's done!

2 girls in my EDD board have had there babies. It kind of got me thinking about packing for the hospital just in case. I don't feel like I am going to go early or at least this early but you just never know. I feel like I was just reading in Karin's journal about what to pack and now it's my turn!

Any suggestions and must have for the baby and me? Is it crazy of me to start packing 8 weeks before my EDD? .

Did any of you find the birthing class to be very helpful and an absolute must take? It went to sign up a couple weeks ago for the one at the hospital I am going to be having the baby at and the class is full! This class would have been on March 16th and the next one is April 27th the day before my due date . Today I checked classes at a different hospital and the next one would be this weekend and the one after is April 13th. Before I sign up, I was just wondering how important the class is. Do you learn a lot more from the class than what you read in the pregnancy books?

Baby update: he's still doing good, he's moving a lot and likes to kick my bladder or something lol.

I am still feeling pretty good for the most part. I can't stand for to long without my back hurting and I cannot believe how fast I get tired too. Saturday I went shopping for a couple hours and that wore me out for the day lol. I still have been dealing with a is reflux but I think it could be so much worse so I'm not complaining.

Oh and not sure if I said this out not so sorry if I did but found out that my insurance will cover breast pumps once our policy renews in July!!! That stinks because I need one we before July.

One last thing....Nate and I are invited to a good friend's wedding May 4th; a week after my EDD. Of course we want to go but I'm not sure how to reply. I would hate to say yes and not go but I'm it sure if I will be ready to bring baby to a babysitter; which most likely be one of my parents. I plan on bfing so I have no idea how that would work and if I would start pumping that soon? Any thoughts on how you felt a week after you had your baby's???

Thanks and have a great night!

March 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I was very basically packed way ahead but i knew i was going early. its definitely getting to be time to think about what you want there. I made a list in my journal of stuff I used and didn't use at all and that covered everything I found essential.
I by no means regret not taking a birthing class. The nurse went over what was covered with me and honestly there is nothing I would have gotten anything from because of previous readings. I also didn't have anything come up during birth that confused me or anything or anything I wish I would have known.

I would tell the situation and tell them that it will sure be play it by ear as you have no idea how it will go. I personally could have gone at 1 week out but many others couldn't have.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
March 6th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Posting from phone in the middle of the night so pardon any nuttiness

I would pack now. We started packing about 8 weeks out and I didn't finish until about a couple weeks out. It helped me feel not as rushed to start early. I packed a little too much but used most everything I packed. Like many people will say, I mostly lived in my hospital gown. I put on a nursing tank and flannel pants one day for a couple visitors but went back to gown after that. Way easier.

We are still fighting with trying to get the breast pump from insurance. It was covered 100% and to be clear it is t the insurance company we are fighting with but the medical supplier. I started the process on Jan 1 when our new insurance started and we still didn't have it by the time I left the hospital at the end of Jan. I still don't have it. I ended up renting the hospital pump for about a month then just bought one. Just a heads up

As for traveling a week after baby, I couldn't think of a worse hell! But that was for me, knowing now. A week after birth I was still in the hospital, as I was recovering from my c-section still. I was dealing with a rough recovery both physically and emotionally. I would have been in no state whatsoever to be traveling anywhere. Just my personal experience but I would decline. You will want that time to focus on you and your family.

Oh ya, and I started pumping in the hospital.

Oh ya, and I started pumping in the hospital.

March 6th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Oh couple more things. I was pumping my first day after giving birth due to some early supply issues. Also we took a prepared childbirth class and loved it. I think it helped me mentally prepare a great deal and would highly recommend it. However one thing I liked most was that it was given at the hospital where I have birth so it was specific to what would happen for us there. In the hospital after birth there were nurses galore with info and they also offered a class daily there but honestly I was so focused on all the changes and being overwhelmed with a newborn that was rooming in that I couldn't focus on learning at that point. Just my 2 cents on that!

I can't believe its getting so close for you! Seems like just yesterday I was asking the same questions and now here I am with a 6 week old attached to my boob at 4am
blueeyes25s likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I doubt you'll want to go to the wedding. No matter what type of birth you have you'll be sore. And I doubt you'd feel like leaving the baby. My friend didn't get a bassinet and figured she'd just put her baby in her crib from day 1 but as soon as her baby was born she realized she wanted the baby in her room. So you'll want your sweet boy close!

My insurance covered my pump and it was super easy. The hospital arranged it all for us. You could always rent until July. Not ideal but would work.

I liked our childbirth class but, like Karin, a big part if what I liked was that it was specific to our hospital. If it weren't for that part I'd have been good with just reading about labor since I knew all the non-hospital specific stuff already. Well, besides getting to try different manual back massagers.. And my labor experience ended up being nothing like what they said anyways.

Go ahead and pack now! I'd started throwing things in the bag by then. I think I officially packed a week or two after my shower.

I started pumping in the hospital, too.

March 6th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the advice. As for taking a birthing class at a different hospital; I'm not fond of that idea for the reasons both Karin and Robyn said. Who would have known that they class would be booked full a month in advance. I guess bad planning on my part, I did sign up to be on the if an opening becomes avaliable I will be notified.

As for the wedding... That is what I was thinking; assuming baby will be here on his due date, I may not want to go. I'm sure they will understand, I just feel bad missing out on there day. My one thought is, maybe I will just go to the ceremony since it's not a church one, it will be rather shot but this is pending on how I feel. I really am planning on this baby coming early but not to early. It seems to be a trend in the family where everyone has there baby 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks early but of course that means nothing as everyone is different. It's just if he's still measuring big there is no way they are going to let him late.

My cat is sitting on my lap right now and the baby keeps kicking her I just had to share that .

I will start packing a bag... Do I need to pack diapers and wipes or does the hospital supply those items for the baby? I also have an outfit picked out for baby to bring him home in . I still cannot believe this is really happening!!!!! Eeeek!!!

Sorry Karin about your breast pump issues. We will probably just by one. In my mind its still a lot cheaper then formula so it's worth it! If we purchase one, do you think it would be worth bringing my own to the hospital or use the hospital one if necessary?

Thanks Crystal, I do remember you typing up that list, I will definitley reference it!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

March 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
The hospital supplies everything. The only things I brought for Sean were his coming home outfits and a Halloween costume. And don't bring your pump. Just use the hospital one if you need to. Actually, I recommend you asking them to teach you how to pump because they give you a set of parts. My hospital used Medela and that's the brand I bought so it was a great freebie for me!

It is coming so soon!

Do you have a pic of his coming home outfit?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search