Dawn's Birthday Bug EDD 4/18 - 32 Week Pic Posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree174Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep the hospital supplied all diapers and wipes and even onesies and tshirts if we chose to use them (we didn't, just kept him swaddled in a blanket they provided along with a hat.

If you buy a pump ahead of time I not only wouldnt bring it to the hospital but I wouldnt open it either. Like Robyn said, ask them how to use it (or in my case I was told I had to use it because of my initial supply issues) and they will give you a set of parts. Our hospital used the Medela Symphony so I got the parts for that. Unfortunately the Medela pump I got is the only one that doesn't use those parts but I still got some free storage bottles and such. I might even recommend waiting until after birth to buy a pump to see if you want one. Heck, you might fall in love with the hospital one and just choose to rent that (which your insurance might cover). Breast pumps aren't easy to return.

We brought 2 coming home outfits. I am glad we did too. The original one I wanted to have him I. Wouldn't have worked. Our hospital used a baby LoJack on his ankle and when we were discharged we had to get him all dressed and ready to go home, in his car seat and everything and then literally right outside the elevator we did a security check where they did a bunch of checking of records, hospital bands, and security question verification. Only then were we released to go and only then did they remove the LoJack. The original outfit we had was a footed outfit which wouldn't have been feasible. So I am glad we had the alternate. Probably could have made it work but it was easier this way.

Pillows. That is the only other thing I would recommend. DH had one for his use for sleeping on the vinyl cot and I had 2 for me. I used the hospital ones for various things but it was really nice to rest my head on my own pillow. Plus I never brought in my boppy even though it was in the car so I used my own pillow on which to nurse.

Keep asking questions and we will keep answering!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 7th, 2013, 12:43 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep! I woke up hungry so I had a bowl of cereal but still wide awake. Thanks for the advice! Karin, that is a very valid point. I think I may wait until after I have the baby. I have amazon prime so know worries on needing to wait to long.

I will also had pillows to the list, I don't think I would have thought about that. What do you think about bringing the boppy? I have heard some people recommend bringing it but to me that just seems like an extra thing to remember. What do you all think???

Ok...I have been researching baby names and I think I have it narrowed done to my top two. DH and I have been throwing names back and fourth but he said ultimatly come up with a list and when the baby's nor we will decide based on the list I have. That makes me so happy he said that because I feel we would never agree on a name.

Robyn, I will take pics of the outfit tonight and Karin I do plan on bringing a couple different outfit options mostly bec seeing it will be April we never know how the weather will be.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; March 7th, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Expecting #1
I brought my boppy, but being in the hospital bed and having the postpartum belly, it was more comfortable to use pillows. Bring your own pillows! I bought the breast friend pillow because it was way more comfortable at first to nurse. I use the boppy now, but the breast friend pillow was better those first few weeks when you need the extra support. I wouldn't be up for a wedding a week after giving birth or even two if you go early. I started going on walks 4 days pp and had to take it slow. I had a minor tear and less than 20 minutes of pushing, real easy labor. Those first few weeks I was nursing around the clock during the day so being apart from baby will be hard. Plus, I didn't want to be away from Ember for a second, I still don't! I didn't think I would be this way either, but I just can't tear myself away from that cute little face.

Hospital class... Hopefully you will get into the class on the waiting list. You don't really learn much that you didn't from your books, other than a few things here and there, but it gives you all the hospital specific info you need. If you can't make the class, maybe your hospital does tours of maternity and you can get all that info from that. I did both the tour and class, if you do the tour come with lots of questions because they give the information quickly and leave time for q&a.

Glad your insurance covers pumps! I bought mine right after having Ember. My insurance was supposed to cover it, but there were issues and I needed the pump so I just bought it. When my new policy renewed my new insurance covers 100% but its dealing with the sup

March 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Expecting #1
I brought my boppy, but being in the hospital bed and having the postpartum belly, it was more comfortable to use pillows. Bring your own pillows! I bought the breast friend pillow because it was way more comfortable at first to nurse. I use the boppy now, but the breast friend pillow was better those first few weeks when you need the extra support. I wouldn't be up for a wedding a week after giving birth or even two if you go early. I started going on walks 4 days pp and had to take it slow. I had a minor tear and less than 20 minutes of pushing, real easy labor. Those first few weeks I was nursing around the clock during the day so being apart from baby will be hard. Plus, I didn't want to be away from Ember for a second, I still don't! I didn't think I would be this way either, but I just can't tear myself away from that cute little face.

Hospital class... Hopefully you will get into the class on the waiting list. You don't really learn much that you didn't from your books, other than a few things here and there, but it gives you all the hospital specific info you need. If you can't make the class, maybe your hospital does tours of maternity and you can get all that info from that. I did both the tour and class, if you do the tour come with lots of questions because they give the information quickly and leave time for q&a.

Glad your insurance covers pumps! I bought mine right after having Ember. My insurance was supposed to cover it, but there were issues and I needed the pump so I just bought it. When my new policy renewed my new insurance covers 100% but its dealing with the supplier that is the issue. High demand for pumps now so there are delays. I am getting the second pump and will leave it at work since I will need it there everyday and now I won't have to carry a pump everyday, just the little cooler with the expressed milk.

Last edited by Jules_loves_beaches; March 7th, 2013 at 02:10 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 02:51 AM
I brought my boppy but it never left the car since pillows were working so well after my section. O e more thing to add to the list.... Chargers, extra batteries etc for any electronics. And don't assume you will be released on a certain date. Have DH bring a day or two extra change of skivvies for himself. I thought we would be out in a couple days and I was there nearly a week

March 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used my Boppy all the time in the hospital so it's a personal choice.

Bert didn't bring extra clothes and never even showered at the hospital even though we were at the hospital for almost a week, too, because he went home to feed the cats and would just shower and change then.

March 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I felt great a week after the birth - no soreness or anything! But I was lucky she practically popped out on her own. But I still wouldn't have wanted to leave Sofia with anyone else and I would probably have been too tired to go anyways.

I would take the class. Something I learned there actually made a huge difference and may have helped prevent some major complications with Sofia's birth that even the doctors missed. I learned lots of other things too, about breastfeeding and general baby care.

I wouldn't take a boppy. It'll just add to the clutter in the room and is unnecessary. They have plenty of pillows there you can use. Some things I definitely would take are personal hygiene items you might not think of.. like toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. I didn't know this until I was making my list of things to take but they don't really provide those. Of course, chargers and batteries. Extra socks for you (it can be cold in there). A little makeup for the photoops and visitors Don't take a pump either.. the baby is much more effective at stimulating production than a pump is so take every opportunity to put him on the boob. If you need a pump during your stay for some reason they have them at the hospital.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Can't believe that you are only weeks away from bringing your little into this world!!! Time really flies!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 10th, 2013, 02:19 PM
33 Weeks

7 weeks to go!!! Still feeling pretty good and baby is still doing good! DH pulled out a back pack for me to start packing. I look at him and say thanks and tell him, I don't think that is going to fit everything so he went and got a small suitcase This is making everything feel so real! I have a list of things I am going to need for myself such as pads, etc. I am going to pick up that stuff this week since we have to get TP, dish soap, stuff for the house and figured may as well be as prepared as possible. I don't anticipate that I will go to early but you never know. I think other than that we are pretty much set. Now it's just waiting for baby and I am getting more and more excited everyday. I am really hoping the cats adjust well to baby. I am also going to call and set up time to take a tour of the l&d area and preregister. It will be good to know exactly where to go when I do go into labor.

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, it went well. My belly is measuring as it should be and the baby's heart rate was 177!!!! That is the highest I have every seen it. He was very active, kicking and rolling around while she was checking his heartbeat; not sure if that may be why but the doctor said it was fine.

I was supposed to get maternity pictures down today but it rained all day so we are having them done next weekend. I have a friend who's a photographer and she gave us a free session as part of my baby shower gift. She does not have studio so most pics are done outside so that's why we had to cancel for today.

Other than that, i had a pretty good weekend, nothing to crazy and somewhat relaxing. One of my friend's stopped by and dropped of a baby gift because she couldn't make the shower and had gotten me the bumbo chair with the tray! I hear that's a great tool for babies so I hope baby H likes it

The baby's room is done! We do have some baby items sitting in there for now, we have no where else to go with it right now. The only things I want to do with the room is paint the baby's name with wooden letters and hang that on the wall and we have picture frame for the wall but that will be done after baby's born. I took pics of the room and baby's coming home outfit.

Enjoy the pics:

Take home outfit.

Roxy wanted to be included in the pictures.

Mom my gave us the rocking chair; that's why it doesn't match

Closet
Belita likes this.

Last edited by blueeyes25s; March 10th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Dawn I LOVE the nursery

I started packing my hospital bag too ... but am lost on what else to bring. I feel like I'm forgetting so much. However, I never thought to bring the boppy but after reading through your journal I think I will bring it along just in case.

Are you getting special maternity pads or are you just going to get heavy flow regular pads? I'm torn between which to get. I went to WalMart and got a bunch of granny panties lol for like 99 cents each so I don't care if I end up throwing them out ...

Can't believe this time next month we may have babies : )
blueeyes25s likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
The pads they give you in the hospital are great for at first. They are huge but awesome. For when things slowed down a bit I used always infinity overnight then regular. Super absorbent and I didn't feel like I was wearing a huge pad

March 12th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YES!!! Always Infinity Overnights are awesome! Just as absorbent as the ones I had at the hospital, but they're the thinness of panty liners.

Love the coming home outfit and the nursery! I can't wait to see your little boy in that outfit!

March 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Everyone's bleeding is different but I bled pretty heavily for a couple of days even at home so I'm glad I made friends with the nurse and got some extras of those huge hospital pads. When I ran out I used Always Maxis and then when it tapered down I used Always Infinity. Oh I also recommend getting a pack or two of disposable underwear like depends to stick your pad into at the hospital and the first few days at home. They are super comfortable and will catch any overflow.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Expecting #1
The nursery looks great! Love that your kitty wanted to be part of the photo session

I asked my nurse for extra pads and mesh panties. I used the stuff from the hospital for about a week and half or two weeks then I used the always infinity pads. Don't be afraid to ask for extra of anything. I got extra diapers and even got an extra tube of Medela nipple cream (its a small travel tube, great for the diaper bag).

March 18th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Yep, the mesh panties for sure! I can't speak for how they are after a vaginal birth but after a section they were the only thing I could even contemplate wearing for a while.

March 18th, 2013, 06:02 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Hi Dawn! Just checking in........we are getting SO close Love your nursery!
blueeyes25s likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 07:41 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I love love love your nursery!! I can't believe you are getting so close!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone!

34 Weeks 1 Day

Energy is running low for me! I have been feeling beyond exchausted!! On Saturday I went to the mall, my mom wanted to buy us a baby book as another gift but wanted me to pick it out. Then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a bridal shower gift. I have a bridal shower April 13th and figured since I was out I should get a gift now and you just never know at this point how I am going to be feeling or when the baby will come! After about an hour and a half of walking around I felt so tired and out of breath! It is so hard to believe I ran a half marathon last May and now I can barely walk around for an hour! Saturday evening we went over to a friend's for dinner and games. I recently bought pictionary man; it is fun but kind of hard. Some of the categories are tough such as celebrities; how do you draw a celebrity??

Sunday I actually slept in until 8:30! That doesn't happen for me very often; I'm usually up between 6 and 7 so sleeping until 8:30 felt good! I ended up making it a lazy day. I just again had no energy so the cats and I made it a movie day. I also wasn't feeling the greatest either; my stomach felt off so I took it easy. By the time I laid down for bed I was feeling so neasous and felt like I wanted to throw up. I eventually feel alseep but not long bec I woke up to finally throw up! I felt so much better after but this is the second time after my first trimester I had random puking session. My back was killing me so bad yesterday too. At the end of the day I decided I am ready for baby!!! Today I feel better but still tired.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but since I became pregnant DH decided he was going to go on a diet and be has been doing so well, then he started plateauing so be decided be was going to start walking on the treadmill 3 days a week which now turned into running for 20 minutes 5 days a week!!! His first day he's goes on I just ran for 15 minutes and each day after he's been running for 20 minutes a day. I have know DH for 10 years and never once seen him run! I am so proud of him but seriously how just gets up and runs 20 minutes straight. It took me a lot of practice to get to that point!

Baby wise not much is going on. A few girls have already had there babies in my DDC in the last week including one today! It's pretty crazy so I'm getting as prepared as possible although I really don't feel like baby is coming anytime soon. I get BH contractions here and there but not a lot. I don't think I have had any real contractions but you just never know! I am really hoping the cats adjust well to the baby. Right now they crave a lot of attention. Bella is going to be 2 next month and she still acts like a kitten and Roxy is going to be 4 in May and acts like a big baby lol. Roxy always wants to be held and Bella always wants to play so this well be interesting!

In other news, my MIL was offered a job today. It is not really a job she wanted and not for as much as she wanted but it's a job! She will probably continue to look but it really doesn't sound like its a bad opportunity, it just sounds like she has to start at he bottom and work her way up sort of thing but they do have some nice benefits and perks. She is now looking for an apt, I imagine that's what she's going to be doing all week; she starts her new position on Monday. I'm just happy she found something and that we don't have to worry about her being with us after the baby comes. I do understand I Amy take a bit to find a place to and even if she didn't find one to move into until May, I'm ok with that for the fact I know it's not going to be to much longer. It was such a stress reliever hearing that news today.

Now we just need the weather to warm up and actually feel like spring that would be nice! It's forecasted to be in the 30s all weeks and its so hard to wear boots and normal shoes bec my feet have been swelling up a lot!

Anyways....happy Monday!!!

March 19th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
That's wonderful that your MIL has a job!!! I know that has been a concern for you. Love all the pics and can't wait for your baby boy to arrive!!! XO
blueeyes25s likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 19th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Expecting #1
Great news about the job! Such s relief! That is also great about your DH running. After baby you two can run together with a jogging stroller
blueeyes25s likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search