Dawn's Birthday Bug EDD 4/18 - 32 Week Pic Posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree174Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
32 Weeks - I have some updating to do

20 weeks

19 Weeks. I did 2 pics bec I didn't like the first one .

18 Weeks

17 Weeks

16 Weeks

15 Weeks

14 Weeks. I don't think I picked the best shirt to wear but I thought I would show some support to the packers. This jersey fit me so much better before so I'm thinking that will be out away until next season

13 Weeks

12 Weeks - I feel my belly is sticking out more than it should by

Weeks 4 - 11 - I went through and resized all my pics to be the same size and below it how it turned out! I give it lol so it's going to be a couple different sizes.

4 Weeks 4 Days pregnant!

Hello, for those of you who don't know me my name is Dawn and DH and I have been ttc for about 2 1/2 years with one m/c. If you would like to read about my journey you can read it here.....

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...1-journal.html (Dawn's TTC #1 Journal)

Anyways on Friday, August 17th I got a surprise O'd a lifetime, my BFP!!! I am a little nervous about starting a pregnancy journal but I don't want to keep writing about it in my ttc so here I am. My EDD is April 28th, which is awesome because my bday is April 18....that is a perfect 30th bday present!

On Friday I went in for an hCG and progesterone test and those came back at 131 and 19.94. I then went in for a repeat test on Monday and the numbers came back at 491 and 16.65. My doctor said because my hCG number was so great she wasn't worried about my progesterone dropping a bit. I guess that it happens often and then goes back up. She did say I can go on progesterone but I hear it's a really pain and if my doctor isn't concerned I think I won't. Plus everyday my boobs are increasingly getting sore and this morning I had my first OMG I have to eat right NOW lol. So, so far everything seems good. It feels so different from my m/c pregnancy so I am taking it all to be good signs.

I have my u/s scheduled for Thursday Sept 6th!!! That is the day DH was scheduled for his SA. Weird how things work out!

Here are pics of my tests. I am tempted to go buy more and keep testing sense I know they wil be positive

u/s pics 09.06.12

Mrs.Paradise and Beth2008 like this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; March 10th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
August 22nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Yesterday, is when my bbs starting hurting a lot and today I think it's even worse. Other than that not to much going on. I did spot for 3 days and on and off for 2 days but nothing since so I am so thankful for that. I haven't been sleeping good... not sure why but I do pee a lot already! This morning I woke up for work, showered and as soon as I got down brushing my teeth I started eating cracker while getting ready because I was feeling so hungry but that didn't cut it and felt I had to eat right now or I was going to be sick. So I ended up eating breakfast before I left for work, I usually eat once I get to work. I also stopped and picked up a muffin because my breakfast just didn't seem to cut it. Once I got to work I was feeling fine but ended up getting hungry a couple hours later and ate my muffin then instead of my fruit that I would normally snack on. I just did not have a good day with food today .

We also told my MIL last night...she is living with us until she finds a job and I pray happens very soon! I didn't really want to tell anyone until after the u/s but seeing she is living with, I figured i would so we can talk about baby stuff and not have to hide it. Also, sooner or later she may suspect something.

I stopped at the store to come up with a cute way to tell her but I just going so I just said 'your going to be a grandma again in April' and she was I shock and in tears but so beyond happy. Today, she spent half the day looking up nursery themes lol.

I figure since we told my MIL I should tell my parent so this weekend...I just rather do it in person rather than over the phone, ya know.

Oh...one other odd thin (warning ) I have not only been peeing a lot but having more bm...like a few times a da. Weird, huh? I always thought it goes the other way, not that I am complaining but just thought it was odd and way more than I am use to going.

That's all I have for today. Have a good night!

August 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
YAY, I have been checking to grads journals wondering when you would start one. I'm happy your MIL is excited, I bet your parents will be too.

Can't wait to see your ultrasound pictures. Hopefully we will all be joining you soon!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

August 22nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you started a grads journal! It's so hard to enjoy the beginning of the pregnancy after a loss. Every day is just so scary, but I think it's great you're trying to enjoy it. That's part of how I survived the first trimester.

I had the increase in BM early on, too. Sounds like great signs so far, and the one I'm most encouraged by is that this feels completely different from your loss! I bet you'll be posting in this grads journal all the way through April.
Mrs.Paradise and blueeyes25s like this.

August 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for starting a grads journal! In retrospect, I wish I had started mine from the get go, but y'all know how I didn't quite do that. I had a hard time getting excited, after a loss, but it felt so different...I'm glad you are feeling the same!

YAY!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
August 23rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Yay!!!! You started a grads journal!!! Congrats again!!! I can't wait to stalk this pregnancy!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

August 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Expecting #1
Glad you started a grads journal!

Everyone is different with symptoms, but at first I had to pee all the time and had no change with BM. I didn't get backed up until 7/8 wks. Hopefully that is a symptom you can avoid, but like any symptom, its a nice reassurance that you are in fact pregnant

Congrats again!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

August 23rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So glad you started a grads journal, Dawn! And I love all the symptoms.
blueeyes25s likes this.

August 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks again for all the congrats!

This morning I decided to have a banana as soon as I got out of bed so I didn't have another 'i have to eat now' moment and that did help a lot! My started hurting yesterday too and at work today I could not get comfortable and half way through the day I remembered I have a fleece blanket I keep in one of my drawers at work and puff that up behind my back and made a huge difference.

Another issue I have been having is not being able to sleep well. I think that may be from not working out. I stopped working out because I am afraid to but I really need to at least walk. I am afraid of gaining weight to fast and I guess I am afraid of gaining weight. I gain weight so easily and seeing I have last 34lbs in the last year, I can see that creeping on fast!

Other than that I am just a little tired. Had a busy day at work and then had chicken tacos for dinner yum! I did sit and think about how I wanted to tell my parents and I think it would be fun to print of to nursery themes and ask which on they like for there grand baby? I thought about buying something cute but I do not want to buy any baby stuff yet...not even for them. We will see though, that's all I could come up with day .

2 weeks from today is my u/s! It's like the tww all over again lol although I was really expecting AF to show by the end of my last tww. That BPF surprised me! I honestly did not see that coming at all!!!

Well...that's all I have for today! Happy Thursday!

August 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
That sounds like a cute way to tell them!

I was terrified to do anything at first, too. I wouldn't lift anything heavier than a milk jug! Walking will be great exercise!

I was gaining weight too quickly at one point and my doctor suggested I eat my dinner at lunch and eat a smaller "lunch" portion at dinner. That really helped me so may be worth trying since you're worried about it. My OB said the vast majority of women lose 20lbs without even trying in the first weeks after giving birth.

August 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
saw this and thought of you!

I'm what happened in Vegas Body Suit by elgigante
Mrs.Paradise and blueeyes25s like this.

August 24th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the eating tips Robyn.

That onesie is super cute and totally fitting!!!!

August 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a journal!!! I love your symptoms! my bbs hurt like a mother the first little while... I think until I was like 9 or 10 weeks... I had to wear a sports bra ALL THE TIME! or else it would hurt soooooooooooooo bad!

as far as working out... my doctor told me as long as I kept my heart rate under 120 then I was fine... and you can do almost anything until your 17 weeks I think she said... but I would/was worried about over doing ANYTHING!!! walking, and swimming are GREAT exercises! LOVE THE SWIMMING POOL right now!!!
August 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
I do have two sleepers bras that are amazing. As soon as I come home my normal bra comes off and into the sleepers . I wish I had a swimming pool to use but I think I will just keep the intensity low by walking or using my elliptical. I also plan on talking to my doctor about exercise but I gained 2lbs but not back down almost a 1 lb. I could easily gain 10 lbs in a week if I let but my plan is to eat healthy and eat when I'm hungry, and of course not try to lose weight. I think I went back down because I just ate really good yesterday. My MIL really hasn't been any help. Thursday evening my MIL wanted DairyQueen, I was even hungry but got a sundae anyways... I don't know why. Then yesterday she went to the grocery store and bought 2 frozen pies; the one you let out and de-thaw a cookie and cream one and a turtle one. I don't think she understands just cause I'm pregnant I can eat whatever I want but I was good and did not have a piece yesterday. I figure I was not hungry and not craving anything sweet so why have one, right.

Anyways...according to my ticker I am 4weeks 6days

I have an app on my phone that puts me at 4 weeks 7 days, which makes more sense to me because my last AF started on a Sunday. Does anyone know which one is correct? I know it's only a day so it's not a big deal, just wondering.

So Thursday night, like I mentioned I had DairyQueen for a snack. I got a sundae but couldn't finish it so I put the half I did not finish in the freezer, then ended up waking up around 2am starving, as if I hadn't eatten in weeks! I was trying to find something to eat otherwise I know I would never go back to sleep so I ate the rest of my sundae lol. Then I sat up and read, I'm ready 50 Shades of Grey right now and I am on book two. So I ended up finally falling asleep after 4 am and had to get up around 6:15 for work, not fun.

Last night we stayed in watching Big Bang. We are getting the seasons from Netflix and watching them in our down time. I probably fell asleep around 9 on the couch, then around 11 got up went to bed and sleep the whole night! The first time in over a week! Of course I get a good night sleep when I don't have to work the next day lol.

Today we will be telling my parents. I know they are going to be excited but I'm curious what there reaction; I think they will be shocked knowing of the m/c and the not getting pregnant for 2 1/2 years.

Ok enough rambling... time to get ready for the day. I think I am going to head to the Farmer's Market this morning and stock up on lots of fruits and veggies for the week since I'm going to need to keep midnight snacks around the house

Happy Saturday!!!

August 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM
My bbs hurt something fierce for most of the first tri. It got really bad about weeks 7-10, where I was sleeping in a sports bra. Then it gradually got better, ironically, as they began to grow? I am back to bra-free sleeping now!

August 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm impressed by your willpower. You can keep it up. I hope your reveal to your parents goes well. I'm sure they will be so THRILLED.

August 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
5 Weeks

So are you all telling me my bbs have the potential to hurt worse than they already do?!?!? Lol! I can't believe how badly they hurt!

Anyways....I told my parents this weekend and they are pretty excited and were surprised. We are going to wait until after the u/s to tell the rest of our family. My dad and MIL are having a hard time with that .

Today I met a couple friend's for lunch that I haven't seen in a while. Of course everyone ordered beer and I just had water. I was surprised when no one said anything, then a while later one of my friend's asked 'so what's up with you drinking water?'. I seriously had to bite my cheek from the inside of my mouth to not give it away by my expression and sit there and lie about it. I hate doing that but I am just not ready to announce it yet. Now, next weekend is going to be tricky. We are going up to my friend's parent's cabin to go boating, swimming, jet skiing, and tubing. Of course everyone will be drinking; my friend bought a water beer pong game...anyways, it's not the not drinking I'm worried about hiding, it's the not jet skiing and tubing that's going to be difficult because I am such a water person and LOVE jet skiing and what, my friends are clearly going to know something's up... Any suggestions???

Symptom wise...nothing new. The biggest thing is hurting bbs. I am hoping for a couple more symptoms to make it feel real but a lot of people make it sound like the symptoms really pick up at 6 weeks which will be next week. Hmmm...maybe I won't be feeling well and that could be an excuse (not that I want to be sick).

Well...I think that's all I have for today. I am tired so I'm going to lay down and hopefully get a good night sleep.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

August 27th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Yup, I couldn't believe they could feel any worse...but they did! However, for me, they got WAY better after the first tri. Now, they don't hurt at all!

August 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Sorry, Hun. I agree with Karin. It gets worse before it gets better. it is so worth it, though. I keep saying to people that I'll take all the miserable parts of pregnancy as long as it means that Sean is growing happy and healthy.

I'd play sick next weekend. I did some light tubing this weekend and only did it because they knew I was pregnant and promised to go easy on me. I also knew that Sean responds to stimuli and I could check for movement to make sure he was ok. No way I would have done it if I was at your stage, especially while trying to keep it quiet since they would have no clue to go easy on you. Sounds like a great weekend for floating and sitting in the water.

August 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Week 5 Day 1

I am definitely not complaining, it makes me feel that everything is ok. I definitley don't want to take chances tubing so I won't be but it will still be a ton of fun hanging out in the water with friends!

This morning was he first day since I found out I was pregnant that I did not wake up before my alarm and had such a hard time getting out of bed. I also was having twinges on and off and a little I guess cramp here and there but nothing bad. I hope it's a sign of the baby and uterus growing.

No other changes in symptoms yet. My appetite hasn't really changed except for some reason I was craving Jimmy Johns, they have a veggie sub I and badly craving their jalapeño kettle chips. I'm not sure if it was just me or if that was an actual pregnancy craving but that is all I had on my brain while at work!

Not telling people is extremely hard! I don't know if I can make it to 12 weeks w/o announcing this to the world. We had a friend who we haven't seen in probably close to a year stopped by and ask 'not pregnant yet'...geez. Here is also a girl at work that is due March 2nd that I so badly want to tell just cause she's pregnant too lol! Oh well, oh and another friend was asking if I was planning on running another half marathon again in May (she runs the full), she was one of the reasons I started running.

Ok, now I am just rambling again. I am exchausted and need to get to bed.

I hope everyone had a great Monday! 10 more days until my u/s!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search