A Baby Journal for Jackson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree189Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 03:39 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Robyn, it was great seeing Jack at the end of the day, but I have to tell you what the little stinker did. So I got home, and he was sitting on DH lap. I walked over and bent over to kiss his little lips, and he turned his head to the right. So I moved mine, and then he turned his head to the left. He just kept doing it, back and forth, like, "No, Mommy, you don't deserve a kiss from me."
Oh no! What a littler stinker!

It sounds like the first couple days overall went good.

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 16th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Robyn, it was great seeing Jack at the end of the day, but I have to tell you what the little stinker did. So I got home, and he was sitting on DH lap. I walked over and bent over to kiss his little lips, and he turned his head to the right. So I moved mine, and then he turned his head to the left. He just kept doing it, back and forth, like, "No, Mommy, you don't deserve a kiss from me."
Poor, Adrienne. Silly baby!

November 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Expecting #1
Awww, it looks like your DH is enjoying his time with Jackson. Love your cute stories about Jackson!!

November 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What a stinker! My Molly dog used to do the same exact thing whenever we brought her home from the vet/kennel after a trip. Silly baby!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
3 months & 1 week old - morning update

The second day at work went by just as quickly and as smoothly as the first day, and I was so excited to get home and see my little guy. I am happy to report that he did not give me the cold shoulder this time. He was smiley and happy and then very quickly ready for dinner!

Since I'm barely keeping up with Jackson's needs for milk while I'm pumping at work, I decided to add a pumping session first thing in the morning as well. Jackson slept much better last night than he had been (perhaps because he refuses to sleep at all for DH during the day). So he just woke up at 1:30 and 4:30. He stirred quite a bit after 4:30, but he wasn't fussing. So I got up at 5:45 and pumped four ounces. When I came back into the bedroom, DH was talking to Jackson, who was just waking up. So I fed him and then hit the shower while DH went through the morning routine with him.

I was able to get ready and then feed Jackson again while DH grabbed a shower and took out the trash bins. And that still left me time to grab some breakfast before heading to work. I also got some of my favorite early morning smiles before hitting the road, so that should tide me over for the rest of the day. It is so much easier having DH there than it would have been if I would have been doing it on my own.

I'll be so happy to hog Jackson all weekend, and I'm sure William will be ready for a break. So I'm looking forward to the end of the day. I'm only working 2 1/2 days next week because DH has to drive to Newport Beach on Wednesday afternoon to return his badge and pick up his personal effects and his last paycheck. For the past seven years, I've taken the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off to get a head start on preparing Thursday's big meal. This year, though, we're heading down Karin's way and spending Thanksgiving with friends in Escondido. I was so relieved when they invited us because I wasn't sure how I could even begin to make a big meal. So I figure I'll make a pie and/or some pumpkin bread on Wednesday afternoon/evening to take down with us.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we're having brunch with one of my good friends from college, her husband, and their three kids. They live in San Francisco and are going to spend the long weekend in SoCal with some family and do the whole Disneyland thing. I've never met their kids, and she obviously hasn't met Jackson. And it's been eight years since I've seen her in person, which was at her wedding. We've obviously kept in touch, but it will be so nice to actually see her in the flesh again. She has six-year-old twin boys and a three-year-old girl, and they are absolutely adorable.

This weekend, though, I really, really need to do a little bit of shopping for myself. I hate to spend the money, but my much larger boobs are proving to be a hindrance. So many of my work clothes are now too tight on my bust. So I need to go out and buy at least a few new blouses. For the past three months, I've just been living in nursing tanks and t-shirts, so I didn't realize the extent of my cumbersome bosom. I'm hoping that I'll encounter a lot of good sales since so many places are having pre-Black Friday promotions.

Happy Friday to all. Hope your weekends are fabulous too.
mommyTTC3 likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; November 16th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
November 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
This year, though, we're heading down Karin's way and spending Thanksgiving with friends in Escondido.
You know where I'm going to be on Thanksgiving? LA. Figures! I'll wave as we pass each other on 15 - you headed to my town, and me headed to yours
Mom2JDub likes this.

November 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Expecting #1
What a great time of year to need to pick up some new clothes! It looks like you have great routine planned for the morning. Sounds like the transition back to work is going really well. You are lucky that you only had to work a few days this week and then 2.5 days next week, so you didn't have to jump back into a full 5 day work week right away. Enjoy your weekend with your little man

November 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Glad he wasn't such a stinker yesterday! That's great you won't have to worry about cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner. Are these the same friends who were supposed to have that pool party a few months ago? Have fun shopping and snuggling with your little boy!

November 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Yep, Robyn, same friends. It's one of William's (former) co-workers. I'm not that crazy about his wife, but she's pleasant enough. They are actually about 20 years older than us with a couple of grown children. They always throw a big Christmas party too. The pool party never happened because they were sick and then couldn't get a good time to reschedule and then it wasn't exactly pool party time of year anymore. Since they don't exactly live nearby, Greg (that's the co-worker's name) hasn't even met Jackson yet. He's dying to finally see the little fella. So they invited us to go down there. His wife is an AMAZING cook, so I'm more than happy to accept the invitation.

November 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
3 months & 1 week old - afternoon update

So before I left this morning, I told DH that he might try a new method to get Jackson to nap a bit. After a bottle, I told him to strap him into the stroller and walk around the neighborhood, which I figured was a sure trick to get him to fall asleep. So DH did it and got two naps out of him - one for 30 minutes and the other for 40 minutes.

Then William told me that Jackson was feeling pretty happy after his last nap, so he put little buddy in the jumperoo. He went into the kitchen (adjacent to the living room where the jumperoo is) to heat up some lunch. When he turned back around, Jackson had kicked his little feet so much that he had turned himself around in the seat (it rotates a full 360 degrees) and was facing the wall.

Overall, he says it's a better day. And I've been able to pump the 15 ounces already today, and I still have my 4pm pumping session to go. I can't wait for the day to be over so I can spend the weekend with my two favorite guys.

Oh, I also shopped a little online today while I was at work. (Have I mentioned before how dead it is here on Fridays?) And I bought my playroom buddy's secret santa gift. I am so excited about it, as it's absolutely perfect for her.

November 19th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Expecting #1
Glad your DH was able to Jackson to nap better. Wow jumping and turning around in his jumper already! Such a strong boy!

November 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hope you have a great week! Short week = very nice

November 19th, 2012, 11:31 AM
3 months & 10 days old - morning update

It was a good weekend, and I know that DH felt relieved. Jackson is just so much better for Daddy when Mommy is in the house. Hardly a whimper was heard all weekend. I didn't think babies were supposed to feel separation anxiety this young. It sure makes me feel loved and wanted and needed, but I wish he was better for his father when I wasn't around. He loves William so much, but he just misses me (or, rather, the boob).

If there was a doubt in my mind (which there really wasn't) that Jackson had been going through a "wonder week" phase, just in time for my return to work, it's been shed. Jackson has hit most if not all of the typical baby milestones early. I was going to say that I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but screw that. He's almost certainly going to be my only child, so I'm going to brag all I want! Anyway, I had hoped that his excessive fussiness and clinginess last week was a result of wonder week, and I think that suspicion was confirmed this weekend.

He's been cooing for a long time, but he brought it to a whole new level this weekend. He was non-stop cooing, including new sounds. He would go from quiet to loud, just testing the waters of what his voice can do. It was absolutely adorable to just hear him going at it, not in response to any of our stimuli, just because he wanted to talk to himself. And at one point, it seriously sounded like he said "Daddy." It was completely accidental, but it was that exact sound. DH and I just looked at each other, eyes bugging out. Then William said, "That doesn't count."

Jackson has also enjoyed his jumperoo from the first moment he sat in it. The front panel on the jumperoo has lights, a spinning rattle, two hanging toys (a monkey and toucan), and an elephant. When I put it together, I remarked that I didn't see how a baby could ever get that elephant to move. It's attached at the base and takes a lot of force to pull on it. It turns about 120 degrees, but it takes a lot of effort. Well, he grabbed it this weekend and kept pulling and pulling and finally pulled with all his might, and he turned it the full scope. Then, of course, it lets out an elephant sound, which he just loved. Similarly, he's been grabbing at the toys on his activity gym for quite a while, but he's doing it with such force now that he bows the plastic bars. Then when he releases, the whole thing shakes.

He's also rolled from tummy to back a bit and a lot from back to tummy, but it's generally only when I put him down for bed. He's just more comfortable on his side or his tummy, so it's the motivation he needs to roll. On Sunday, he was happy as could be, and I just decided to put him in his cradle on his back. I wanted to see how long he'd last, if he would entertain himself, etc. He IMMEDIATELY rolled from back to tummy, smushed himself up against the side, grabbed one of the "bars," and lifted his head in tummy time fashion. Then he let go of the side, rolled onto his back and then onto his tummy in the opposite direction. He has turned into a rolling maniac!

The downside of this is that I think I'll have to graduate him to his crib sooner than I had hoped. I wanted to keep him in our room for the first six months, but he's sort of outgrowing his cradle with how much he rolls around. I'm thinking we'll hold steady for another month if possible. When I'm home for 19 days (yep, 19 days) for my winter break, we'll try it out then. The Snuza gives me good peace of mind when it comes to the SIDS issue, as does his very active sleep and his strength. It might also enable us all to sleep better.

He slept well all weekend, but he woke up at 12:00 and 3:00 last night, which is different than his typical pattern of 1:30 and 4:30. After 3:00, he then woke up at 4:00, 5:00, and 5:30. I believe it was just because he needed to poop. At 5:30, I finally just tried to get him to fully wake up, since I knew he wasn't stirring out of hunger. Within 5 minutes of him opening his eyes, he pooped a big one.

So that's about it for now. I'm almost halfway through my work day, which means I only have two days to go. It's already a quasi-ghost town here today, as a lot of people take the whole week off. We still have classes, but a lot of the staff and managers just make it a vacation week. So it's super-quiet and an excellent opportunity for me to continue catching up with all of my email and miscellaneous tasks (and, of course, getting on JM).
Belita likes this.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; November 19th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
November 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sean made a sound in the hospital like he was saying "mama" and I had the same reaction as William, knowing it didn't count but doing the double take!

I can't believe how advanced Jackson is! That's amazing he's able to do all of that. Brag all you want! If mamas can't brag about their babies who else is going to do it?

That's too bad you won't be able to keep Jackson in your room as long as you wanted but awesome that he's rolling over so well. I have a feeling Sean will be the same way since he has been able to roll onto his side since he was 5 days old. What in the world did parents do before the movement monitors were invented?

November 19th, 2012, 01:29 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy you are posting regularly again - it's great to hear all the things that Jackson is up to!!
Mom2JDub likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
November 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM
3 months & 10 days old - afternoon update

It seems my poor baby is sick. DH called me at lunchtime and told me that Jackson has thrown up massively twice. He said it's not like normal spit-up and actually smells like vomit. He said that he started crying while eating, and William couldn't get him to calm down. So he turned him onto his tummy and patted his back, and Jackson threw up everywhere. Then he fell asleep on DH chest.

When he woke up, he acted hungry again, so DH fed him. He went back to sleep, then his stomach started gurgling while he was sleeping, and he threw up again. I hate being away from him when his tummy is upset. I just wish I knew what was wrong. Could it be my breast milk that I pumped on Friday? I wouldn't think so, but I told DH to pull some out of the freezer for his next feeding and see if it helps.

November 19th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon!

November 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Oh nuts. Poor little one! I hope it's a quickly passing bug, and he is feeling better soon! x

November 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM
3 months & 10 days old - evening update

Jackson gave me lots of smiles as soon as I got home.

I nursed him right away, but he wasn't that interested after 15 minutes. So we made googly eyes at each other and just hung out. He didn't have a fever, and DH had given him some gripe water before I got home. So perhaps that helped.

He's been puke-free all night, so I'm hoping it was just an upset tummy. DH said that he hopes he never feels that helpless again. I told him that it's just the beginning.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; November 19th, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
November 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
I hope Jackson feels better soon. It's so sad when our little ones get sick.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search