A Baby Journal for Jackson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree189Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy. I'd be fussy if I was hungry, too! Too bad that it took this long to get them to feed him more often. Ridiculous!

That's awesome that your SIL is going to be watching him and moving out there! I'm sure Jackson will love the attention, although I'm sure you'll miss seeing him at lunch.

March 28th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
7 months & 19 days old

Work annoys the heck out of me sometimes. We have off tomorrow for Cesar Chavez Day, which is awesome. However, I have a proposal deadline tomorrow. No big deal on my end, as I've had it finished since earlier this week. I'm waiting for the lead faculty member to provide the required letter of recommendation, though, which she's known about for a year really since we submit a proposal to the same organization annually. I reminded her on Monday that I needed the letter, and she acted like it was no big deal and in the works. However, it's 2:15 on Thursday, and I still haven't heard from her. So it looks like I'll be working from home tomorrow to get the darn thing submitted by the deadline. (Well, that is IF she gets me the letter at all.)

I've been going back and forth about signing up for Gymboree, especially since Robyn and Sean are having such a good time. It's a lot of money, particularly considering that the closest location has open gym times only while I'm working, and the only class for Jack's age is on Wednesday evenings. We could make that one class, but I'd prefer a Saturday class. And we'd also never get to participate in the open gym time. That just wouldn't be worth the money.

So I started looking into other options in my area, and I came across My Gym. I don't know why I've never heard of it and only heard of Gymboree! They have a class in Jack's age group on Saturday mornings, and their free play time is on Sundays. The price is the same as Gymboree (not accounting for any promotions). And it's closer to my home than the Gymboree location. They offer a free class, so I'm going to schedule it. I think I'll wait until the third or fourth week of April, but I'm excited to do it, especially since he'll no longer have interaction with other kids through daycare. The My Gym in my city also has INCREDIBLE reviews (only five-star reviews on Yelp), whereas Gymboree has received less than stellar marks. I hope Jack really likes it, and I also hope they give some kind of additional promotion.

Yesterday went so well for Jack with taking all of his bottles and eating solids that I decided to only stop by once today to nurse him. It was always my original plan, but the lead teacher had suggested stopping by twice per day while he was adjusting. I think it was an easy out for some of the staff to just not give him a bottle or feed him solids. They could use the, "Well, his mom just nursed him," excuse. I shouldn't say that they did it maliciously. I know that's not the case. But I think they assumed Jack would be full after nursing, and they wouldn't offer a bottle as soon as he would want one. Anyway, I think visiting just once per day will be best, even though I sure do miss him in between. Also, it is only for one more week.

He's had another good day so far today. He was very smiley both when I dropped him off and when I visited him and left. Janette told me that he's been really happy for the past day and a half. One of the caregivers was out on Tuesday and Wednesday. When I saw her today, she said that Jack seems like a new baby. She said that he's been smiling and laughing and not fussing at all. I told her that THIS is the baby I know, not the fussy baby. And then I said, "It's amazing what a full belly will do." She's not one who generally feeds Jack, so she probably didn't even really grasp the little dig. Still, I find it kind of infuriating that they keep remarking about how happy he is, how well he's adjusted, etc. He's not a new baby. This is his normal personality. He's just been starved since he started daycare. (Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but I deserve to be.)

Okay, better wrap up some stuff in the next couple of hours before I head home for the long weekend.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; March 28th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I almost forgot to add this video. I particularly like how he looks over his should to see if I'm watching.

Jack Finds a New Way to Play with His Toy - YouTube

March 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM
So cute! His arms look so long in the video!

You have every right to be frustrated. With nursing babies you never know how much they actually eat so it's always best just to try it if they're showing signs of hunger and I'd be annoyed they don't think of that either.

I should have mentioned that you should look into Gymboree-type classes! We have a place called The Little Gym that's similar to Gymboree so I'm not surprised that there are others out there. That's awesome that their times would work better. I hope you and Jack love it just as much as we do!

March 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm so glad you found a Gymboree alternative. I haven't looked yet, but glad to know there are other things out there in case Gymbo doesn't work for us! Hope you guys have a great Easter weekend!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Expecting #1
I'm glad they finally started feeding Jack all his bottles! The first two days in day care Ember only took 3 so I was concerned, but the next two she took 4, but Ember lets you know when she is hungry. I'm glad you finally have a good groove with daycare, even if its only for another week.

I got one of those Gymboree free classes so I want to check it out. Sounds like they are great for babies!

April 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
7 months & 23 days old

I had to work a little bit on Friday because that flaky professor didn't get me what I needed in time. So I was on my work email off and on all day, going back and forth with her. I submitted the application by the deadline, which was 2pm. She didn't get me the last letter until 7:30pm that night. So, all the work I did was probably for nothing, as I had to attach an outdated letter from the previous competition. I'm hoping the funding agency doesn't notice the date, but I doubt we'll be that lucky. Oh, well.

Jack and I also went to Target on Friday, but I forgot so many things. I always make a list, but I've just had no time to think about a list lately. So I thought I'd just wing it, and that was definitely a mistake. I think I'll have to send DH by on the way home one evening.

Saturday was William's birthday. We celebrated with takeout from his favorite local restaurant, and I baked his favorite cake from scratch - a dark chocolate cake with fudge icing and toasted walnuts. We didn't do birthday gifts this year, just because William was without a job on my birthday. It just didn't make sense for him to give me anything, and he didn't want me to give him anything for his. No big deal, as we're not really the type to be very into gifts. I did get him a birthday card from me and another from Jack. I used finger paints on Jack's hand so he could leave his "signature." DH loved it.

We're not big Easter celebrators, so it was pretty much like any other Sunday. I did put together a small Easter basket for Jack, and I bought candy for us. Not that we needed it, with the entire chocolate cake and all. I know that Easter will be a lot more fun next year. We will definitely dye/decorate eggs and do a little hunt for him. I loved Easter as a kid, so I'm happy to carry on that tradition for Jack. DH is back to being committed about losing weight. So he went for a jog yesterday, while I jogged with Jackson in the stroller. When we were finished, we went to the little park in our neighborhood. It was a lovely Sunday.

This is Jack's last week in daycare! I'm only going over once per day to nurse/visit with him. And they have already offered solids twice today. He apparently didn't eat much, but at least they're offering. And he's sucking through the bottles! Jasmine told me that I might have to bring another one over. They have some of my milk in their freezer, but I have pumped fresh milk here in my refrigerator. I told her that they should never feel compelled to ration the milk. If he's having a hungry day, feed him. They can always pull out of the freezer or I can bring more over or I can nurse him an extra time as well. I am super-excited that we only have 4 1/4 more days to even worry about any of this stuff.

I've just reminded myself as I type this that I'm making an appointment with my OB/GYN because I'm still having so much trouble with pain during intercourse. They say to use a ton of lube, which helps the sex not hurt so much, but the lube stings me like crazy, especially when I pee afterward. So I'm worried that I'm just all out of whack, hormonally or an infection or something. I don't know. I feel normal otherwise, but sex is so not pleasurable. I thought it would get better if I just kept trying, but it's not. And DH feels terrible about it. TMI, we do it only when it's completely dark because I don't want him to see me in pain. I'm almost 8 months PP. I just don't think it should be this way, even though some of the women in my PR said that sex hurt until they weaned their babies. I just feel like there's something bigger wrong with me. It's at least worth getting checked out.

I guess that's about it. Hope everybody has a great week.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 1st, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
April 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
I almost forgot to post some pics I took yesterday!

blueeyes25s likes this.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 1st, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
April 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
I love his Easter pics!

That stinks about work. Must be so frustrating to be the one submitting and having your name on it when you know it's not what the product needed to be.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend and that Jack had a good first Easter.

I'm also having pain when DTD. Lube helps, but we still have to go slowly at first. Have you tried different types of lube to see if maybe you're having a reaction to the lube and not sex?

Sorry you're still having problems with day care. Almost done! I bet it'll be nice to have family in the area after being so far away from everyone for so long.

April 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
The pictures of Jack are so cute! Yay for it to be Jack's last week in daycare! You must be super excited.

I hear ya on not being big into celebrating Easter. We don't so much either; it seems to be one of those holidays you get into more when you have kids. Next year will definitley be a lot of fun with Jack.

Good luck with seeing the doctor, hopefully the pain stops or the doctor can give you a reason why it may be hurting.

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Expecting #1
Love your Easter pictures! The second one is my favorite. It has a artsy look to it. I love pictures like that.

DTD still hurts a little for me too. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Yay for the last week of daycare! I know you go visit once a day, but how many bottles and ounces does Jack take during the day?

April 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Happy belated birthday to William!

Love the Jack pics! So cute!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
7 months & 25 days old

Holy cow, I was just typing that header and realized that Jack will be eight months old in less than a week!

I learned my lesson yesterday... don't mess with Jack's routine!

Since this is his last week of daycare, the women in my office wanted to see him. So I decided to pick him up about 45 minutes early and bring him by the office. When I got to the center, he had been asleep for about 15 minutes. So I parked myself in the corner of the room where he was sleeping, and I just messed around on my phone. He stirred a couple of times but didn't seem to wake, so I let him keep sleeping. Finally, at about 4:30, he tossed a little bit, and I decided to gently let him know I was there. I HATE waking my baby, but I also had been there for 20 minutes and wanted to get him to see them quickly and home at our normal time. He was very happy to see me, stretched and smiled, and I slowly got around to picking him up.

We headed over to my office, and he was a happy camper in the stroller. We walked in, and he started pouting as soon as he saw the two women. I think he must have thought I was leaving him again. I picked him up and assured him, and he was good to go. Then Kelly held him. He was hesitant at first because, again, I think he thought I was going to leave him. However, he got more comfortable when he saw I was still right there. After a while, he started pouting, so I took him back. He played around on the floor for a bit, and they watched and laughed with him. Then Pat wanted to hold him, only to get the same reaction.

So I decided to just call it a day and head out. When I strapped him in his stroller, he started crying again. He never does that! I wheeled him out of the building, and he calmed down when we got outside. However, he started wailing again as we got pretty close to the car! So I decided to nurse him in the backseat. By the end of the quick nursing session, he was smiling again.

I put him in his car seat and got out to move around to the driver's seat, and he started wailing yet again. I thought for sure he would fall asleep once we got on the road because he always does. Nope! He cried the entire way home.

Once we got home, he never whimpered the rest of the night. He also never got that early evening nap, which worked out for me. He slept better than he has in a long time, with only two wake-ups during the night.

Still, it is very apparent that he doesn't want me messing with his schedule. When I pick him up at daycare, he wants to go home... NOW!

He did something funny this morning in daycare. He was playing with toys next to several of the other babies. One of the baby girls was sitting/lying next to him. He reached out, grabbed her sock, and pulled it off! So apparently, it's not just his own socks he likes to remove.
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
April 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post

He did something funny this morning in daycare. He was playing with toys next to several of the other babies. One of the baby girls was sitting/lying next to him. He reached out, grabbed her sock, and pulled it off! So apparently, it's not just his own socks he likes to remove.
So cute!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 4th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Expecting #1
Haha, you have a little sock thief Too cute!

April 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I know! DH and I are calling him the sock bandit!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
7 months & 27 days old

Today is Jack's last day of daycare! I'm actually pumping right now, then I need to wrap up a few things, and then I'll probably pick him up a little early. Everyone over there has been telling me how much they will miss him and that they hope I'll bring him for a visit. Yeah, probably not, but it's still very sweet. I brought a bunch of pastries from Panera and a thank you card this morning. Even though I had frustrations over them not understanding his feeding needs, I'm not unhappy with the care he received. He became really smitten with a couple of the caregivers in particular. Still, he's not going to miss them. He's going to love being with his aunt without a bunch of other screaming babies.

Still no AF. And my milk supply is still impacted. I'm just hoping that getting back into my old schedule next week will help to get my supply back to where it used to be.

I'm 90% sure that I'm going to book a flight to visit family in Missouri in June. My dad turns 60 years old, and I thought it would be awesome to surprise him. William can't go, so I'll be traveling solo with Jack. He'll be 10 months old then, which will actually probably be more of a pain in the butt than if we went right now. The airport where my family lives is just a small regional airport, so there are no direct flights from anywhere around me. I actually think we'll be better off taking a direct flight into Kansas City and then renting a car to drive down to see the family. With layovers and a connecting flight, a direct flight and then driving will actually take less time. And if Jackson gets sick of traveling, I can always pull the car over and regroup. I can't do that on a flight. So I think that's what we'll do. I just have to work out the details with my sisters. I'm really looking forward to introducing Jackson to my family (only my mom has met him), but I'm so not looking forward to the actual traveling part... airport by myself with baggage and a 10-month-old, 3-hour flight, then shuttle to get a rental car with the same baggage and 10-month-old, then a 2 1/2-hour drive. Ugh.

I also just made a reservation for our favorite restaurant for our anniversary on 5/4. It will be the first "date night" we've had since Jackson was born... and he'll be almost 9 months old then! Well, I suppose SIL and BIL could give us another night out before then, but I don't think we'll ask them to. The truth is that I'll probably miss him the whole time. Still, it will be nice to get out, just the two of us, and celebrate over dinner.

We have some errands and some cleaning to do this weekend, in preparation for SIL and BIL's arrival late on Monday. I'm taking off work on Monday, so we don't have to pay for an extra week of daycare for just the one day that we need it. That day, I'm going to meet up with my pregnant friend for lunch. I mentioned her in this journal a few months ago. They had tried and tried and were just ready to take a little break from TTC before moving on to medical assistance, and she got pregnant. So she's almost in her third trimester now, and she's still never met Jack. I know that sounds crazy, but she spends at least half her time in another state, and we really don't hang out much outside of work. She's been really busy with planning her sister's wedding when she is here, so she's never met him. Anyway, I'm going to grab lunch, and we're going to have a picnic at a little park here on campus. Jack loves it outside, so it should be fun.

April 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
A picnic in the park sounds wonderful! Have a fabulous weekend!

April 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
How cute; Jack likes to steal socks

I hope you had a great weekend. I bet you are beyond excited to have Jack babysat by your in-laws!

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 8th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hope you had a great weekend and your in-laws arrived safely!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search