Sapph's Grad Journal... EDD: May 6!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree80Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Such awesome news! Glad you had a good scan! I have had several scans with a wiggly Scooter...so much fun to see!

Are you planning to find out if you are Team or ??

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay! I'm glad everything went so well!

Forever missing my angel 2010

October 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Sapphera's Avatar May 2013 Cohost
We're definitely going to be finding out

Next scan is at 18 weeks and will hopefully find out then if the baby cooperates...

DH is hoping boy, I don't really care, but when I think of a baby, all I can think of is boy... so it'd be fun to see if I'm right or not
Nicholle ttc likes this.
Michelle & David, Expecting #1 May 8 2013!!

October 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
blueeyes25s likes this.

November 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adorable! Glad everything looked good!

November 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Ugh, this has been the week from hell.. LOL. Poor Appa started getting the runs Saturday night (and only at night) and so I was up several times a night with him right through til wednesday night. NOT FUN! Thank GOODNESS for pumpkin..that's all I can say!

ANd now he's waking up early in the morning because he's cold.. poor thing. We're down below freezing now and still without heat in the main floor of our house (where our bedroom is), and even with the electric heater going, apparently it's a little to cold for him.. poor pup.

So with the lack of sleep, I've been hitting the depression pretty hard.. I also suffer from SAD and it's been so grey and dismal here for the last week and a half, I'm not really surprised.

And we got a huge pile of snow over the last 24 hours (about 20cms)

But..there was some good news too!
1. I was able to get something stronger for my headaches... I haven't tried it yet, but my dr suggested I get some Tylenol 1 (which you can get in Canada without a prescription, you just have to ask a pharmacist for it). So I'm hoping that will actually help my migraines.

2. I just made an appointment for my 18 week u/s. December 6th Of course, my next monthly Dr appt is the 5th, so she'll be a little sad that she won't have the results for it, but I really don't feel like moving the appointment. LOL.

November 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you were able to get something for your headaches! Hopefully that will help! I'm sorry you are feeling so down, though, and that, coupled with a sicky pup is no fun I'm sure.

What is the pumpkin trick? I must know this trick!

For us, doggie runs are cured with white rice and boiled chicken.

Hope you are all feeling better soon, and I can't wait for your next u/s!

November 10th, 2012, 08:33 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Poor pup. I hope he's feeling better!

Yay for having your u/s scheduled!!!

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Pumpkin is every dog/cat owners friend! If your dog has runs OR is constipated, canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) is awesome. It'll help firm things up within hours, or if they're constipated, it'll help hydrate the animal and get things flowing smoothly again.

Unfortunately, this time it took me a few nights of stubbornness before I gave him the pumpkin.. the night i gave some with his dinner it cleared up (and I've been giving him some since just to keep things going for a bit).

White rice and boiled chicken is awesome because it's bland and helps the tummy for sure... and that mixed with some pumpkin just makes the process a lot faster

Apparently, today, preggie hormones are running strong and I've been feeling really emotionally vulnerable (read: on the verge of tears all morning with absolutely NO REASON...). So glad that DH is so understanding!!!

November 11th, 2012, 07:12 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad Appa is feeling better!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
November 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have learned that Tylenol 1 is a godsend. It still took taking 2, but I had a crazy intense migraine on Wednesday and the tylenol was able to dull it down to a small thud, so that was AWESOME!!!

Other than that, I have DH's work Christmas Party next Friday and I have NO idea what I'm going to wear. My dresses/skirts absolutely do NOT fit (except a white one, and who wears a white skirt to a christmas party??)... and I don't want to buy something that I'll only wear the once. On the other hand, all the other girls there get dressed up to the max in cute little cocktail dresses, all glammed up... and I'll be the frumpy fat girl (since I'm still in the "look fat" stage..and look like I weigh more than usual since my shape is changing, but only the teeniest hint of a bump). I am soo not looking forward to it...

Ah well.

Other than that, things are great.. had some nausea the last week or so, so I think I'm one of those women that gets ms in the second tri.. *lovely*.. still no energy (probably due to the fact that... well, last night I was up FOUR times between 9-1am to pee!)...

...but still loving hearing that little heart beat when I get the doppler out (which is about once a week).

November 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I hated that "in-between" stage of not needing maternity clothes, but regular clothes didn't fit. My advice, find something maternity that you can wear throughout (i.e. stretchy). I have a black skirt that is so multi functional, and I can dress it up or down, and it's lasted me through many months!

November 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad the Tylenol 1 is helping!

That in between stage is so tricky. Karin's idea is a good one.

November 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well, I managed to find a black skirt and a nice top to go with it that worked THey had a decent sale on so I managed to get some yoga pants, a hoodie, the skirt and 3 shirts for under $200.. which is nice, should last me a while until I need some good pants for work in January (we're doing dress-down til the New Year). And the best part, I had $250 in gift cards, so I have some left.. YAY

So now, I need your help again ladies... I'm tired of sleeping in 30-45 minute intervals .. I'm a stomach sleeper (mountain climber pose) and can't sleep that way comfortably anymore. I've NEVER found side sleeping comfortable, and now the lack of sleep is wearing on me. So... it's time to take the plunge and get some sort of body pillow... do you all have any suggestions? Right now I'm looking at the Snoogle from BRU..but wondering if there's anything "better" out there?

November 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
There is NOTHING BETTER THAN THE SNOOGLE.

The SNOOGLE IS my best friend.

I LOVE MY SNOOGLE.

I CANNOT LIVE without my SNOOGLE.

I do not sleep without my SNOOGLE.

I WORSHIP my SNOOGLE.

blueeyes25s likes this.

November 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Okay, that made me totally crack up Karin.. LOL!

However, I am sooo glad to hear that.. LOL.

So, I know the Snoogle is worth the $70 then..and the best part is that I can hit the store and pick one up..no waiting for online... Just too bad it's not part of their Cyber Monday sales.

November 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I found mine on Amazon for $59! Plus, I have free 2-day shipping.

Oooh, it's actually on sale! Not sure what shipping would be like to you, if you don't have Prime, but worth checking out!

Amazon.com: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow: Baby

November 26th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Shipping to Canada with the 6-10 day international shipping makes it a whole $10 less than BRU here ... LOL

I seriously HATE how much everyone charges to ship to Canada. Especially when you get it and see how much they ACTUALLY paid for shipping (which is always less than half of what we're charged).

November 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Crikey, that stinks. Honestly, can you get Amazon Prime in CA? I had it for a year free because I was a student, and was able to renew this year (still a student) for half the cost, but even if I couldn't, and had to pay full price, it would STILL be worth it, since I order everything from there.

I am basically spending today finishing off my registries by shopping on Amazon. Everything, for the most part, is cheaper than BRU or Buy Buy Baby, AND I get free 2-day shipping on most things.

I would look into it, if it's available in CA?

November 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I could sign up for it, but it apparently only works when you ship things to a US address

Amazon.ca doesn't sell half of what amazon.com does, and they haven't launched a Prime service here yet..though they have plans to... but without offering the huge selection that they do in the US..not sure how successful it will be!!! (seriously, on amazon.ca you can buy books, movies, music, and video games..and that's basically it).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search