Servilia's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ya, my hips and such are starting to hurt more at night as well. We have a SleepNumber bed, so I am very lucky to be able to adjust the firmness to meet my aches However, I still get pains, and still find myself waking up on my back most days.

Glad you aren't having any side effects from the AB!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad you are not having any side effects, lets hope it stays that way . Nice only 2 months until you start your leave

I am hoping between my sleep number bed and my pillow it will help keep the pains at bay but we will see. I hope you can find some relief.

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
I am hoping between my sleep number bed and my pillow it will help keep the pains at bay but we will see. I hope you can find some relief.
Ooooh, you have a SN bed! So do we, and honestly, in the past month, I have had to do some tweaking, and it has made all the difference in the world! Don't be afraid to change your settings (but when you do, leave them for a week or so to give them a chance to work).

November 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Ooooh, you have a SN bed! So do we, and honestly, in the past month, I have had to do some tweaking, and it has made all the difference in the world! Don't be afraid to change your settings (but when you do, leave them for a week or so to give them a chance to work).
Yes! So far I haven't had to make any adjustments but when we bought the bed I remember the salesmen say that as well. Anytime you adjust your bed give it a few days . I am sooo happy we bought one, its been one of the best purchases we made!

November 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm so jealous, wish I had some special bed but nope, just the regular one for us.. I've gotten some relief with keeping a big pillow between my knees but still wake up every time I want to turn over. It feels like I'm hauling a bag of rocks in my pelvis haha

I had my appt Wednesday and it was fine. Cervix holding steady at 3.1 and closed. OB said we'll do one more check in two weeks and if it's still good then we don't have to do anymore until it's closer to delivery. They also measured baby and she was measuring 27 weeks 3 days which is exactly 2 weeks bigger than last time (which was exactly 2 weeks ago) so she's growing on track! I got to see her again. She was sleeping during the u/s so not much to see BUT she happened to be practicing her sucking/nursing technique! It was sooo cute to watch her lips go back and forth. It wasn't even her thumb, she was just doing it to the fluid I guess.

A couple of days ago I told DH my idea for nursery colours (basic pink and chocolate) and he went out and bought some crib bedding with those colours I love the fact that he thinks of her and buys her things but I want to finally pick something out too, other than onesies and clothes. He did the same thing with our new place, he basically picked all the wall art and decorations. Good thing he has good taste lol! His heart is in the right place but I want to pick something too! Oh a couple of weeks ago he did the same thing with the changing table and a swing, he bought those without me as a surprise. I told him we have to pick the crib and bassinet together though so we're going shopping soon.

I'm going to sign us up for prenatal classes.. anyone do one of those yet?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

November 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad to hear everything is going well, Judy!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
November 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it's going well! My husband knew he didn't REALLY have a say in the nursery but good for yours if you like it!

We did Newborn Care, Infant CPR and Safety, and Prepared Childbirth. We enjoyed them all, but DH's favorite was Newborn Care. We did not get a lot of teaching in the hospital, but that may have been because we had so many visitors for so long, so the Newborn Care class was especially helpful.

November 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been on JM in forever... but wanted to stop by and say Congrats!!!!! yay!! so happy for you Judy!
November 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Natalie it's so nice to see you! Hope you and your family are well!

Wow Robyn those are a lot of classes. I'm really looking forward to mine. It's their general prenatal class but it's two full days from 9:30-4:30 so I imagine a LOT will be covered.

On Wednesday I had another ultrasound of the baby and my cervix. My cervix was STILL 3.0-3.1 and closed so no concerns there. The doc said I should still stay on pelvic rest until 36 weeks though.. oh well. I have a feeling she had this planned all along (to keep me on pelvic rest till the end) but didn't want to dash my hopes so she kept stringing me along. Since 12 weeks she's been saying "let's see how you're doing in two weeks" lol and then each time she would say it's better to stay on pelvic rest. Oh well almost there!

The baby measured a bit ahead this time, at 29 weeks 5 days ) Her estimated weight was almost 1400grams, or about 3 lbs. She was very active. Didn't get any good shots though. The tech said she had the hiccups lol

I'm getting over a horrible cold right now. Trying to get some work done but the internet keeps calling my name!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

November 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Glad baby is measuring/looking well! My last U/S was like yours...very active baby = no good shots. We are also taking a 2-day childbirth prep course like yours...we think it will cover everything, with the exception of Infant CPR. My perinatologist highly recommended we take that class, since it's not part of the prenatal class. I would check into it for sure!

November 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM
I'm glad everything is going well! Just make sure you do as the doctor says and take it easy and rest

I think a baby CPR class would be worth taking.

December 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Judy and baby girl! I haven't been on JM in forever but now that you have a journal... i'll be on more! I checked for a journal religiously when you first got pregnant

Glad to hear that everything is going so well. And i'm glad that cervix is behaving! You should probably tell DH to cut the shopping until you can get out there with him! A girl musn't be deprived from baby shopping I can't believe how far along you are already although i'm sure time is dragging somewhat for you. Soon enough you will be holding that little girl in your arms! When it gets closer i will be stalking the site like crazy for an update!!!! Or, let me know if you need someone to keep people posted Miss you a lot girl!

December 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH wow it's been forever since I updated - sorry!

My last appt (last Wednesday) was pretty boring. I'm not having any more u/s so I can't see the baby again.. which makes for boring appointments. Last time at 31.5 weeks they just measured my belly and asked how I'm feeling. My OB won't do manual cervix checks until 36 weeks.
I have another appointment next Wednesday. This time I'm also checking my thyroid to ensure I'm still on the right dose of synthroid.

We got some more stuff for the baby.. we bought a crib and mattress (together this time) and DH surprised me with a bassinet and car seat. I love the stuff he got! Tonight his sister is coming home to help assemble the baby stuff

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Sounds like things are going well J! That was super sweet of DH to surprise you with the bassinet and car seat! Can't wait to see pics of your nursery and new furniture!

December 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for putting together baby stuff!!

December 14th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I'm glad everything is going well! Yay for getting baby stuff!!!

December 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so stressed! As per usual, I've procrastinated with my Christmas shopping Usually it wouldn't be a huge problem, I'd just run out the 23rd or 24th and shop up a storm but I don't think I'd be comfortable enough to do that this time around. I guess I have to do some tonight and on Saturday.
Tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's Xmas get together and on Sunday we've got our first pre-natal class.

I had an OB appt yesterday. She's like a tornado, just blows through the room. I had two questions I wanted to ask and I didn't have the chance. She was going so fast I totally forgot to ask. ((
Anyways, my fundal height was measuring 1cm short which freaked me out but didn't concern her. It measured 32 instead of 33. I'm scared it means that baby isn't growing properly but she said it was within normal range. She's sending me for a growth scan in two weeks when I'll be 35 weeks.
I also mentioned baby didn't move as much yesterday morning as usual and the first thing she said was "You know if you don't feel the baby move enough you have to go to L&D right". Umm way to scare me. And then baby was eerily quiet last night and it scared me. Today she's better.

I am really hormonal and stressed out now about all the holiday stuff I have to do. DH also wants to have a New Years Eve party which will add to it all.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMommy
I have not been on JM in forever. I am so happy for you Judy! I will definitely have to stop in more often and see how your doing. Can't wait to see your baby girl!
December 26th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry your appt didn't go the way you wanted and that you're under so much stress. I hope everything is better and that you were able to get some relaxing in over the holiday.

Thank you, Peimum for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12

December 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I hope you ended up having a good holiday, Judy!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!