Servilia's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Judy she is so beautiful!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 9th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Judy she is beautiful, glad your all home together

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Veteran
Congratulations Judy, she is wonderful! Enjoy every moment with her!

February 10th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
She is just so beautiful. Glad to hear you guys are home safe and sound

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
March 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow I can't believe she's a month old already! And she's grown so much She's gained 2 lbs and a bit over 2 inches. She was discharged at just 5lbs 7oz.. but she was 19 inches so a long skinny baby! At her 3.5 week check she was 7lbs 4.5oz and 21.5 inches I felt really bad about her being born so light.. I even cried.. but tried to make myself feel better by calling her my supermodel baby lol
Things are going well other than these long crying bouts from 10am-3pm that have started in the last week. Before this we had a nice schedule of eat then sleep for 2-3 hours.. but not anymore at least not in the afternoons. I think she's gassy so I'm looking for ways to help her with that. I've broken down in tears on more than one day because it makes me sad to watch her be in pain. I'm using Ovol drops and Gripewater on the pedi's recommendation but not sure if it's helping. She's fine after that early afternoon period and is an angel in the evenings when DH gets home so he doesn't see first hand what I go through. Then he wonders why the place is a mess and why the laundry isn't done.. gaaah

She's also developing well. Today she gave me her very first real smile! And she can hold her head up when on our shoulders ) She kind of hates tummy time in general but doesn't mind it on DH's chest.

I've lost 25lbs so far and have 33 more to go.. I don't have my 6 week appt for another 3 weeks (actually at 7 weeks) so I'm not sure how much exercise I can do before then but I feel good so I'm going to start, if Sofia gives me enough free time lol

blueeyes25s and Belita like this.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Last edited by Servilia; March 6th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
March 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Good to hear from you, Judy! Sofia is looking beautiful
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
March 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
She is just beautiful!!! I hope you able to find some combo to help with her gas! So good to hear from you!!

12-10-10 2-6-12
March 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Sofia is so adorable! I hope you are able to find something for the gas and she settles down on her crying bouts. I'm glad overall you and Sophia are doing go!

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe I'm just now seeing your last update! I'm so glad you are all doing well. Hopefully she's doing better with her belly problems. It's horrible to watch your child in pain and not be able to do anything about it. One thing I tried with my big kids, I would put a bath towel in the dryer for a few minutes until it was nice and hot, then I would fold it up and lay it on my belly. Then, I would lay them on their belly on top of me. I really felt like the warm towel on their stomachs helped settle them a bit. It's worth a try!! Can't wait for another update!
Servilia likes this.

Thank you, Peimum for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12

March 18th, 2013, 04:31 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the idea Julie!
Hi Karin!

Sofia's 6 weeks old today and wow has she grown. I haven't weighed her in the past week but a week ago she was 8 lbs 10 oz at 5 weeks which is more than 3 lbs heavier than her discharge weight.

Breastfeeding is going great, it doesn't hurt at all anymore. She loves to be on there for comfort too after she's done but I try to limit that because I don't want it to become too much of a habit.

She still seems gassy but now she's passing it without a huge cry fest (knock on wood). She just grunts and grimaces but doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain.

She's doing well with tummy time too. On our shoulders she keeps her head up for so long and loves to look around. We're getting real smiles too which is awesome.

She's sleeping for 5-7 hour stretches most nights now.

Myself I'm doing ok. I've come to accept my MIL's help even though she annoys me sometimes. She comes over and looks after Sofia so I can go out for walks, which is great for my sanity and lets me get some exercise in. I've started asking for her advice when it comes to Sofia even when I don't need it, it makes her feel good lol

I've lost 30 lbs since her birth but still have 30 lbs to go. I don't care if it seems vain but I really want my body back. I look ok when I wear my glasses (my reflection looks smaller LMAO) but sometimes I just don't like seeing myself.

I have my 6 week appt next week. We haven't DTD yet. Physically I've felt fine since the birth but obviously needed to stop bleeding and DH doesn't want to risk it. He's paranoid. We want to have more kids and he's afraid we'll mess something up so he wants the doctor's ok.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up weighing her yesterday and she was 9lbs! So 25th percentile, much better than the 3rd/5th percentile she was at birth!
Also I don't wanna jinx this but she's been sleeping well at night.. probably because she likes to be up in the evening when DH is home. Usually will sleep from 1am-7:30am or 8:30am. Then after morning nursing she'll go back to sleep again for 2/3 hours and then nap on and off in the afternoon, sometimes for 3-4 hour stretches.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 20th, 2013, 03:52 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so beautiful Judy!! I'm glad she is over the gas pains and is sleeping well at night! She seems to be eating like a champ because she is growing like crazy!!! I remember it being hard after having the baby because before it was okay to have this huge belly and afterwards you dont' wan to wear those tight shirts anymore because that isn't baby in there anymore! You'll get there though, you did so awesome with your weight loss before! Have you written and/or posted a birth story yet!?

March 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jess I've been lazy and haven't written the birth story yet but I will soon, promise!
Yes she's sleeping better once she's asleep but it's the getting her to sleep part that's hard. She naps pretty well throughout the day and then evening time rolls around and it's so hard to get her down. DH comes home around 8-10pm depending, and she just loves to stare at him and play with him. I wonder if that's the issue.. that she just wants to enjoy awake time when he's here. But it sure makes it hard to have dinner together with DH or really relax together and once I get the OK from the OB I don't know how we'll DTD..
So she stays awake all evening and doesn't really fall into a good sleep until 1-2am. I want to let DH get his sleep since he has to work the next day so I'm the one who typically stays up with her late in the night

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
This is the EXACT same thing we dealt with. Baxter would be either wide awake and playful around 7-9 or just über fussy. He was consistently going to sleep between 1-2. We tried a bunch of things and im not sure if it was one thing or the combo but he has been going to bed between 1030-11 for over a week now. First we tried his crib, on a fluke, one night. He slept very well. We have been putting him in his crib since then. Not sure if its the room, the bed/mattress or what but he sleeps way better in his crib and nursery than he did in our room/bassinet.

Next we started taking him upstairs right after we eat dinner. Downstairs was too over stimulating for him with the lights, dogs, tv, etc. We tried making it calmer downstairs by turning off tv and lights but that didn't work. It's also way cooler downstairs. Not sure what it is but he is way more calm upstairs.

Then we started a routine. We started doing the same thing every night. It's not always the exact time but its close. That's helping too. Here is our routine:

7-8: nursing
8-9: quiet time with Dad or bath
9-930: story time
930-10: last bottle
10-1030: cuddles with Dad

We are usually able to put him in his crib after this. Not only are we able to get him to bed several hours earlier but he is sleeping longer. Last night was a new record--he slept 6 hrs 15 min!!! We aren't sure if its one thing or a combo but its getting better!

April 11th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
9 weeks 2 days

Thanks for that Karin!
She's been sleeping a bit earlier lately and staying asleep (except last night she was very fussy even though she was exhausted). We even had a night that she slept from 10:30pm-7am!
We even managed to DTD twice this week. Last Friday was the first time PP and I was scared but it was fine!! The second time hurt a bit but I think it's because of the position so we'll have to work on that
I have to figure out birth control fast. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant again. Since I can't find my old one I'm gonna pick up a BBT from the pharmacy. Since Sofia tends to wake at a pretty consistent time (between 6:30-7:30) I think my readings would be accurate. And I'll order some cheap OPKs off the net.
We're not ready for another one yet so I'll have to prevent for a while.

Sofia's doing fine.. she got her shots last week and had no side effects other than some pain. The pedi almost couldn't believe I'm exclusively breastfeeding because according to him she's gaining weight at a rate above and beyond what you'd expect for a breastfed baby (formula fed babies gain more and faster). She had gained 4 lbs since her discharge 8 weeks prior (9.5 v. 5.5) and on this Tuesday at 9 weeks she was 10lbs so another 0.5lb in a week.

She's developing well I think. She bats at the dangly toys on her bouncy chair to hear them jingle. I thought it was just an accident so I switched the jingly toy to her other side and she started batting at it again while looking at it so it's no accident. So she's learning cause and effect and hand-eye coordination. She's very observant. When we carry her around on our shoulders she looks at everything and if something catches her eye she stares lol Her new favourite thing is to stare at her own hand while on the changing table.

I'm doing well too. I've started working out seriously, well as much as I can while catering to Sofia. I've lost 32 lbs. Still didn't stop me from busting the zipper on a pair of jeans I tried on last week LMAO.

On another note, how do you know when baby has outgrown the bassinet? I'm sure that weight-wise she's fine in it but she's almost 23 inches and loves to have arms and legs splayed out and I don't want her feeling cramped. She's also started to move around.. I mean I'll put her in her bassinet with her body straight, and in the morning she'll be almost sideways (except the bassinet sides get in the way).
Also, the bassinet is in our room which gives me comfort. I don't know whether the crib will fit in our room but we'll try and see.. I'll be sad if she has to move rooms
It might be for the best though.. Our place was originally an open concept loft. The owners before us put up actual walls for the room that will be Sofia's room, but there is an opening between the living room and our bedroom where Sofia sleeps with us. So in the evenings, sound carries over. It's almost like you're in the same room with the tv etc. This might be a factor in her sleeping.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Once we tried his crib on a whim and let him sleep in it, we realized that he was out of space in his bassinet. He wiggles all around and also sleeps with his arms splayed. After we saw that for a few nights we realized that he probably felt constrained in his bassinet. With so much room in his crib, though, we have to put him in a sleep sac otherwise he will wiggle himself in circles all night!

June 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow It's been so long.. Sofia is 4.5 months now and doing just awesome! She's rolling over from back to front and does great at tummy time now with the push ups She babbles and giggles and laughs.
She also wants to eat everything we're eating! I haven't started her on solids but I've let her taste a few things and she always wants more.
Last three nights were rough. After STTN since 6 weeks old, she's started getting up in the middle of the night for an extra feeding. Pedi told me to watch for this as a sign that she may be ready for some solids. If she keeps it up I'll give him a call to see what he suggests.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Judy so good to have an update! I cannot believe she is already almost five months old! Are you ttc again?

12-10-10 2-6-12
June 19th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I know, time flies!
No I'm not TTC but I'm keeping track of cycles so figured ff would be the easiest way. We're going to wait till she's a year old.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search