Jordan's Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sometimes the grumpy faces are the cutest ones.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I love the new siggy too! The pics turned out so cute...even with him being grumpy .

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; October 2nd, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
October 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1 month old

I can't believe my baby is 1 month old already! (Ok, not technically 1 month until tomorrow, but I'm posting now ) It feels like I just gave birth, and yet at the same time it feels like he's been here all along...if that makes sense

Things have been going pretty well around here! Jordan has been consistently sleeping in 3-5 hour stretches at night, but sometimes it takes about an hour or more to initially get him to sleep when DH and I go to bed. I'm not sure what I could do differently to get him to sleep faster, but at the same time I am grateful that once he's down, he's down for at least 3+ hours! On the plus side, he tends to go right to sleep after eating when he wakes up during the night. All in all, I can't complain

I think Jordan is at least 8 lbs now! DH weighed himself and then him and Jordan on the scale and the difference was about 8.5 lbs with a onesie and diaper on. I am really interested to see how much he actually weighs at his 1 month appointment on Wednesday. He is still rocking the newborn clothes and diapers (sooo excited that we've gotten so much use out of them!) We only have about 1-2 weeks worth left of NB diapers, and then we will try the size 1s we have in our stash. Haven't had to buy a diaper yet

I do have to say though that Huggies NB diapers suck! There were some days that Jordan peed out of almost every one (WITHOUT getting any IN the diaper), so I Googled what other people have said about them and learned that you have to make sure the ruffles around the legs are OUT and not IN. We've been pulling them out with every diaper change and he hasn't peed out of nearly as many! Either way, the extra step is a pain with a squirmy, hungry crying baby, but at least we don't have as many clothes changes. Fortunately the only other Huggies diapers we have after the NB are size 3 that we got at the shower, so hopefully we have better luck with the other ones we have.

So Jordan's next doctor's appointment is on Wednesday; mine is on Monday. I am REALLY hoping to get the go-ahead for sex and exercise since I've been itching to do both (sexercise haha). I don't feel quite 100% down there, but I feel sooo much better than I did and I kind of want to get the first couple "hurty" sessions over with so DH and I can enjoy ourselves again We may just do it anyway regardless of what the doc says. The only thing that concerns me is DH is pretty adament about wanting Irish twins, but I know I'm not ready to be pregnant again yet so making him use condoms should be fun hahaha!

Anywho, that's it for our update. Jordan is starting to wake up to eat anyway so I will leave you all on this lovely Friday with some cute pictures of my little man

Wrinkly forehead--he does this all the time and looks like a little old man

Jordan and Baxter cuteness

My boys

Photo shoot from last night

October 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Awww, I love all these pictures, ESPECIALLY the ones with Baxter!

Glad things are going so well for all of you! Hope both of your appointments go well, and that you get the go-ahead for sexercise!
DaniM0820 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything is going well! I hope Sean gets as much use out of his NB stuff! Jordan is adorable!
DaniM0820 likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Awww, Baxter loves his little brother.

Hope the 1-month appointment goes great.

I found the same problem with the Huggies Little Snugglers in NB. We were given a bag of 36 I think, and I swear half of them had leaks/poop blowouts. I have never had a pee issue with Pampers and only a few poop blowouts, but those were pretty much due to the fact that my baby seems to poop out three times as much as he eats.

October 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah we did better with Pampers than we are with Huggies so I'm hoping that continues with the size 1s since I only have Pampers at the moment. Though I am fortunate that we haven't had any poop blowouts, just pee... Not looking forward to those days lol

October 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
1 month, 3 days old

Hello all! I am so happy to say that Jordan is starting to smile for real Not all the time but the past 2 mornings he was awake and I was talking to him and he smiled for me I've been trying to get a picture but he turned "deer-in-the-headlights" both times One of these days...haha

He is also making a lot more noises and coos. And the past week or so he has been getting pretty good at grabbing his pacifier and taking it out of his mouth or puting it back in He shouldn't be able to do that yet but he also wasn't supposed to be able to hold his head up at just a few hours old haha. I am shocked at how advanced and strong he is already, and also so proud Another thing is I have to put my hair up everytime I hold him because he's become an expert at grabbing it and holding on for dear life lol

Other good news is I finally trimmed his nails on Sunday night and I didn't nick him!!! I put him on my boob, propped my boob up, and he was content and not squirmy while I trimmed each one. It took a while but I didn't cut him and that's what mattered. Also, we don't need to cover his hands now which is nice.

The only negative is it's still taking a little while to settle him down at night but I'm hoping it gets better with time. Last night it only took about 30-45 minutes after DH and I got to bed, which is a lot better than the 2-3 hours it took other nights. However, if that's our only "problem" then I'll take it! He is great at sleeping 3 or more hours at once, and I'm so grateful.

Now for me: I had my 4 week PP appointment. Doc said I still look red down there but it's looking good. He said I should wait the 6 or even 8 weeks before DTD. Yeah that's not going to happen. In fact, DH and I tried on Friday night. It hurt a lot and we had to go slow, and we couldn't work at it for very long but I'm sure the first few times are going to be like that. We will probably try again sometime this week I don't go back to the OB until I need my Pap smear in February, though my doc said I can call if I want to go on BC. That won't happen either because I'm through with the pill and we want our kids close in age, so we will stick with condoms and BFing until we're ready to try again. I just hope it doesn't take another 16 months to conceive number 2, but I have a little while to worry about it

October 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sounds like things are going great!! I just saw a FB pic of a real smile...so cute!!!

October 16th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Love a the pics, especially with the dog! Sounds like everything is going good so that is going good. Hopefully the second time around it won't take so long .

October 16th, 2012, 07:56 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The pictures are adorable! And Huggies diapers suck, even when they get older. I think they are meant just for girl babies. Those first smiles are the best, aren't they?!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM
1 month, 6 days old

So Jordan's appointment went excellently He is now 8lb, 12oz and 21.5" long. He gained almost 2 lbs and is up an inch and a half from birth. Doc said he is growing well and everything else looks good and normal, so that was music to my ears

Unfortunately he needed another Hep B shot, which I wasn't aware of beforehand. Poor baby cried so hard when they put the needle in, but luckily he calmed down and fell asleep as soon as I picked him up He was fine the rest of the day as well.

Today though Jordan has been mega fussy since we got out of bed at 11:30. His head felt warm so I just checked his temp and he has a fever of 99.5 I called the doc and they said to not give him any meds but keep him hydrated. He has an appointment tomorrow morning at 9:15. I just hope his temp doesn't get any higher.

He hasn't napped all afternoon but has been comforted being on my boob, so I'm trying my hardest to keep him calm. I just hope he sleeps ok tonight

October 19th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Glad he's doing we'll overall. Poor sick baby! I hope he feels better soon.

November 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
2 months old (tomorrow)

Life has been a roller coaster lately! We had a busy week with the hurricane at the end of October. Jordan and I spent the day that Monday and Tuesday at my parents' house because my dad was off work and I didn't want to be home alone. We all made it through ok with no damage to the house and only some leaves and branches littering the yard. Then Wednesday was Halloween and Jordan was a cow

I didn't realize he flipped off the camera at first Stinker!

First we went to my office and he got lots of cuddles from my coworkers Then we went to my grandmother's house for trick-or-treating and to visit. Jordan got some books, rattles and outfits from his great-grandmama. Then he fell asleep.

After that we went home and ate dinner with DH, then headed to my parents'. Jordan got some Halloween bibs and a hat from his Grammy and Pappy

The rest of the night was the same ol' same ol'. The rest of the week was Hell. On Friday, our landlord called and said he is out of jail and called his mortgage company. They will give him a loan remodification to save the house from going into foreclosure, but only if he is living in the house by December 1st. This was on November 2nd. Long story short, he at first said we could stay until January 1st if we needed it, but his mother started texting me awful things about how we were squatting (when SHE was the one who told us to live here until the bank took the house), then he said we need to be out by the 1st or they would possibly take us to court for bank rent....the whole thing was a huge mess and I spent all of last weekend crying.

Last Monday I was on the phone and the computer ALL DAY looking for rentals that would not only allow all 3 dogs, but also be in our price range and in a good part of town. We looked at a total of 6 places throughout last week, and finally decided on one we liked. Fortunately, we heard from the realtor who showed us the place and the guy accepted our application!! We should be signing the lease and putting the security deposit down this week! I could say a lot more on the issue but I have been SO STRESSED OUT from it that I'm just glad things are working out and we're getting the place we want. AND our whole family gets to stay together

So now we need to pack up everything and be out by the 1st, then I can forget about this whole awful experience and wash my hands of this craphole house. Ughh. Then I can focus my efforts on finding child care for Jordan for when I go back to work in January. Crazy times. And I can't believe Thanksgiving is already next week!

As for Jordan, he has been wonderful (mostly). The whole past week he has been sleeping 6-8 hours straight, and I am SO thankful! He is in bed by 9-10pm and we usually get up for good around 10am, but the uninterrupted sleep is wonderful! He is awake a lot more during the day, and I think he is trying to laugh but not quite getting it. He does make the cutest noises though

The past few days he has been fussier than usual, and also spitting up a LOT! He is normally not like that. I'm hoping it might just be a growth spurt and his tummy can't gold the extra milk rather than an underlying issue... I'll watch the next couple days and hope it doesn't get worse. His 2 month doctor's appointment is next week; I'll mention what's going on then.

But anyway, that's what is going on with us. I probably won't be able to post too much with the packing, moving, and unpacking coming up (on top of holidays!) but I do read every day while feeding Jordan I hope everyone has a great week, and enjoys some pictures

This one was taken today. He looks like such a chunker here, storing food in his chubby cheeks for the winter

Grumpy pants

November 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM
What a cute little cow! Sorry about the housing stress, but it sounds like once it's over it'll be better for all of you. I'm also reading while nursing but not always posting. These cute little time-suckers!

November 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm so glad you got the housing situation worked out. I remember hearing stories about it a while ago, and though it's some drama and stress now, before long, you'll be much, much happier!

He is so adorable

November 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'm glad you were able to find a place and will be able to be out by the first. Sorry for the headaches.

Love the pics of Jordon...so cute

November 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
He has such a cute smile! So fun that he's cooing and smiling away now. Gosh, they change so much in such a short amount of time.

What a mess with the house! Still, I hope that the new place is awesome and the moving goes as smoothly as possible.

November 21st, 2012, 06:46 PM
2 months, 1 week, 1 day old

Things are hectic with packing and now with our 3 Thanksgivings (tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday) and shopping on Friday but we are hanging in there. Last Monday we even found the daycare Jordan will be at when I go back to work, so that's another load off my mind.

Just wanted to update with Jordan's 2 month stats: 11 lbs, 12 oz (25%); 23 inches long (35%); and his head is in the 94th percentile lol...big head like his Daddy. He also got his first round of vaccinations (was supposed to be 2 shots and an oral but it ended up being 4 shots with the oral ). He screamed but then was fine as soon as I picked him up. When we got home he smiled, played, ate, and slept normally for 3 hours, then he woke up and all hell broke loose! He screamed for over an hour straight an just would not calm down I finally got him to eat and nap and he was a bit extra fussy for a while but seems to be back to his normal self now I also got some baby Tyelnol on hand just in case he gets really bad again. Next appointment is at 4 months!

This next week + will be focused on packing, so I probably won't be able to update again until we are moved and settled a bit. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and safe shopping on Friday!!

Update:
So earlier Jordan had normal temp and screamed his head off, now he has a temp of 100.1 and is happy as a clam! We have him some Tylenol so hopefully it doesn't get higher than that and now he's down for bed. Hoping he sleeps through the night and his temp is back to normal in the am, but at least he isn't grumpy

Last edited by DaniM0820; November 21st, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
November 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that Jordan is feeling better! Sounds like he's a little peanut, except for that big noggin. Must mean he's going to be super smart!
DaniM0820 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search