Jordan's Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad things things have gotten better with Jordon! I hope you get heat and hot water soon.

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 months, 3 weeks, 1 day

Ugh.
I feel like life has been so up-and-down lately, it's ridiculous! The heater was fixed Friday morning, so it was a non-issue since we had the coal stove going. We have decided to keep it going all winter just in case something like that happens again. Also, it will keep the oil usage down by a ton so that it always a plus.

Jordan was at daycare during the week of MLK Jr day and was fine all that weekend. Sunday night we put him down at normal time, and about 2 hours after he went to bed we heard him on the baby monitor coughing and then throwing up DH and I rushed in there and it was everywhere. We had to change his clothes, blankets, and the sheets. We were hoping it was a fluke and put him back down. Sometime in the 2:00 hour, he woke up and I brought him into our bed so I could get more sleep before the alarm. Around 4am he ended up throwing up again, this time all over me, our bedsheets, and himself again. Needless to say, I ended up staying home with him and making a doctor's appt for that Monday. I also did about 5-6 loads of laundry because he ended up getting sick about 4 or so more times just that day.

His ped said there is a stomach bug going around and to just watch and make sure Jordan didn't look dehydrated. At that point he was only throwing up about every other feeding, and eating normally otherwise. When we put him to bed he stayed vomit-free but he woke up about every hour or 2, most of which he refused to eat, and when he did eat it was only for about 5 minutes. I'm sure it was because his stomach was upset and I'm glad what he did take in didn't trigger more throwing up.

Tuesday was just awful. I stayed home again and DH decided to take Jordan downstairs with him so I could get some sleep before he had to leave for work. Jordan got sick once in the morning, which prompted me getting up to help DH clean him. When he had to go to work, we brought the bassinet back into our bedroom so Jordan and I could sleep a bit longer. It actually worked out really well because he ended up sleeping for 4 extra hours and if he ended up getting sick it wouldn't warrant a complete bedding change (but he didn't so yay). We woke up around noonish, and Jordan wasn't very interested in eating or playing the entire day. When I changed him, I noticed blood mixed with diarrhea. The second I got a new diaper on him, he filled that one up with the same thing, so I called the ped and waited for a call back. Jordan ate a good amount after that.

About an hour after the call, Jordan had eaten, fell asleep in his bouncer, and then woke up and vomited 4 times in a row. When I saw him the first time, I was about to get pick him up when the second one started. I had to sit there and just watch and wait for him to be done It was awful because he looked like he didn't know what was going on and it came out of his mouth and nose, and ended up soaking his onesie. Finally I got him cleaned up, left him in just a diaper, and put him on a blanket on the floor. I called DH to let him know but had to hang up on him because Jordan got sick again on the floor. Called the ped a second time and got an appointment to go in.

She ended up telling us to go to the ER because Jordan was getting to the dehydration point. He wasn't eating, and when he DID eat he wasn't keeping it down AND had diarrhea. I knew it was going to come to that but it sucks nonetheless. So Tuesday night left the house at 6pm and didn't get home until close to 1am. We had to go to a hospital 40 minutes away because they have better pediatricians apparently. They ended up giving him an IV, taking blood and urine, and some pedialyte towards the end. He also got an antibiotic because his white cell count was high and they weren't sure if he had a UTI (which he is still taking because they STILL didn't send the results to my dr's office )

Anyway, poor baby was not happy at the hospital and it was way past his bedtime, but he did put himself to sleep for a little bit. At home he slept ok that night, and I was home with him on Wednesday. It was a much better day for him because he didn't get sick once and his BMs were loose but not watery (and no blood!). He ate more but we could tell he was still miserable. He played a little bit but was still uninterested for the most part.

All of my sick and personal days were gone at that point so DH stayed home Thursday and Friday with him. He did even better on those days! Wed night we put him to bed at 8:30pm and he didn't wake up until 9am the next morning (I pumped SO MUCH at work that morning!). On thurs night he slept from 7something until 5:30ish. I knew it was his way of recouping and fighting off the last of the bug. He was also a lot more animated and wanting to play, and somehow during his sickness he even learned how to stick his tongue out and blow raspberries He does it ALL the time now and will even copy us when we do it

Saturday he was pretty much back to normal, but didn't sleep quite as well overnight. He was waking every 3-4 hours or so, and did the same thing last night. Sunday, Jordan was a terror! He doesn't appear to be sick anymore, but DH and I think he might be getting a tooth in now. All day Jordan did not want to be held, did not want to be put down, did not want to nap, didn't eat as heartily as normal...just a little pain!! The only time he was quiet was when I stuck him on the floor to "play" with the dogs (ie, watching them and grabbing hold of their fur), but that didn't last too long before he fussed again. I put him to bed at 6:30 because he was super tired, but I started reaching a breaking point when it was 45 minutes later and he still was fighting me. No matter what I tried, he cried (overtired maybe?). I ended up having to leave him screaming in his crib for 5 minutes, locked myself in the bathroom, and just sat in the dark. I prayed he would magically put himself to sleep but that didn't happen, so when I calmed down I went back in his room to calm him down. This time he ate and I was able to rock him to sleep. (And after we were both calm is when DH decided to come up to help... grrr.)

Jordan woke up about every 3 or 4 hours last night but was able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly (not his normal 10 minutes, but still better than over an hour....) DH said he was fussier than normal this morning, but we both think a tooth may be coming. We will know in a matter of days I suppose, but at least Jordan isn't sick right now and is back at daycare. I am hoping so badly that he doesn't come home after a week with another illness Whoever said breastfed babies don't sick as often was full of crap and didn't have their kid in daycare. I think he was so susceptible to the stomach virus because he was still recouping from the RSV but still, we need a break from doctors and a sick baby!

I have lots more to say (particularly about my life and what's going on with me) but I have to get some work done now. Will try to update later or at least tomorrow during lunch. If Jordan stops getting sick then I can update more regularly
Happy Monday, all!

February 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What an ordeal, Dani!

I'm happy that little guy is feeling much better now. You must have been so scared and exhausted.

I've been grateful that DH and I have gotten to be home with Jackson for his first 6 months. I hope he'll be stronger to cope with whatever yuckies he gets from the kids when he starts daycare.

February 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
What an ordeal, Dani!

I'm happy that little guy is feeling much better now. You must have been so scared and exhausted.

I've been grateful that DH and I have gotten to be home with Jackson for his first 6 months. I hope he'll be stronger to cope with whatever yuckies he gets from the kids when he starts daycare.

I thought it was great that Jordan was home with me for almost 4 whole months, but it is brutal, especially during the "sick" season. I guess the only thing keeping me sane is knowing that it won't always be like this, as he will develop a stellar immune system and we will likely only have to deal with this craziness his first few months in. I expect him to get sick, but these week-long illnesses are just awful!

Stupid germy kids getting my baby sick. I really hope Jackson doesn't have to deal with anything like this when he starts daycare!

February 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Poor guy...I hope he gets over it fast. I'm a little worried about having a baby in April, that seems to be a bad time of year for colds and the flu as well but it will be what it will be. I hope things get better soon!

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 5th, 2013, 10:29 AM
4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days

Jordan appears to have gotten back to his routine of waking twice during the night to eat. Not as great as STTN, but I'll take it!
He had a good day at daycare yesterday, which is always great to here The one caregiver told me that she LOVES him and loves holding him so she tends to "spoil" him a bit. I told her I don't mind. In fact, I love that he gets extra attention there, and he's such a little flirt that it doesn't surprise me.

Last night I was actually able to make a REAL meal! Spaghetti, meatballs, sausage, and garlic bread Jordan was happily sitting in his bouncer until DH came home, and then when it was dinner time we put Jordan in his high chair for the first time. He was so good! He stayed quiet and played with the toys that I put on the food tray. He looked so happy sitting at the table with us. I want to get him used to meal times and sitting at the dinner table, so I used that time to also give him his cherry flavored antibiotics. We use the dropper for them, but recently Jordan has been taking it more enthusiastically! He is starting to understand what it is and must like the flavor because he has started to open his mouth for the dropper and doesn't push nearly as much of the liquid out

I wanted to start making some purees for him before he got sick (which I'm glad I waited because we would have thought the stomach bug was a reaction to the food!) but this weekend I think we are definitely going to start him on a little bit of pureed food. We have his well check on Friday, so if his ped has no objections then I'll be heading to the store for whichever first food I decide. I'm contemplating between apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, or avacado. I may just go ahead and buy them all, make them, and freeze the majority of them for later We'll see, but I'm sure Jordan will love it! I think we are just going to do a few spoonfuls during our dinner time to start, this way he is still getting the majority in breastmilk.

Speaking of breastmilk, I am having a hard time meeting his demands this week... being out of work all of those days while he was sick really put a damper on my pumping schedule. I couldn't pump at all because I didn't know when he would finally be hungry, and I think Jordan also hit some kind of growth spurt in the midst of it all because yesterday he took the most at home with DH and at daycare than he ever has before--16 oz instead of his normal 12. AND that was with me feeding him at 4:15 before I left for work

So yesterday at work I only pumped 10 oz total, then another 2 at home in the evening. We had to pull some of my freezer stash out just in case Jordan wants the 16 oz again today... And this morning I only pumped 6.5 oz I even went at it for a good 45 minutes but I couldn't trigger a second letdown. I hope I can at least pump another 5.5 oz this afternoon to give me 3 bottles, then I will try my hardest to get a full bottle pumped after Jordan goes to bed. We only have enough in the freezer for 1 more bottle, and I really want to avoid formula at all costs! Tomorrow should be a better day for pumping though (I hope!)

I still have more to say, particularly about work, but I will have to leave it for another update.

February 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I am glad Jordan is on the mend!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Glad Jordan is feeling better. And glad that you got to make a real meal! Jackson always seems to want to get fussy when it's time for me to cook. I can definitely get more accomplished when I put him in his highchair at the counter and let him play. He usually stays calm if I'm at least in his line of vision. Such a mama's boy.

Sorry your supply has gone down. I bet it will be making it's way back up by the end of the week. I know how stressful it can be to only have a little bit in the freezer for back-up and feeling like so pressured to pump enough for your little guy. The stress alone doesn't help with the milk production. Hope things will pick back up for you. At least if little guy is going through a growth spurt, he'll trigger your milk production when you're feeding him at home.

Good luck with starting to dabble in solids. Jackson has had avocado, banana, sweet potatoes, and apple sauce so far. He loved sweet potatoes and apple sauce. I've heard that even if they don't like it the first few times, to keep offering it because they might eventually like it. So buying some of each and freezing it sounds like a good idea.

February 5th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, it takes at least 10-15 times of trying a food before you can surely say that someone doesn't like it.

I'm glad he's starting to feel better and that he's so loved at day care. That must make it a little easier to leave him knowing how much he's cared for.

I hope you were able to pump more today!

February 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
4 months, 3 weeks, 3 days

I could kill DH

So I only pumped about 11.5 oz at work. Better than previous day, but still not good enough. I had to pull the last of our freezer stash and then was able to pump only 1.5 oz last night. That gave us 18 oz, or 4.5 bottles. I wanted Jordan to have 4 bottles for daycare, so I went ahead and pumped before leaving for work, which I don't normally do because of time issues and Jordan usually wakes up to feed in the middle of the night anyway. This am I pumped another 4-oz bottle. I could have done more but I was already running late. So this gave DH 1.5 bottles for the am and then 4 for daycare. Perfect!

Well, Jordan killed the 6 oz and still seemed hungry, but DH was able to hold him off (yay!) Took him to daycare, and he ended up dropping one of the 4 remaining bottles, which broke the cap and spilled all of the milk I was so mad and about to cry when he told me, mainly because Jordan NEEDS that extra milk with this growth spurt he's going through. The ladies at daycare said they would split the remaining 12 oz up and hopefully keep him satisfied enough until I pick him up

I'm just so disappointed, and DH didn't seem too upset about it even though he knows how much I've been busting my butt to keep up with the demand. I was on my pump practically all last night before bed, and then this am, and then I have the 2 sessions here at work. It's going to be the same thing tonight, I already know. This am I only got 6 oz pumped at work, but I did do the 4 oz at home earlier, so I'm not TOO upset by it. If I can get another 6+ this afternoon then I just need to work on about 8 oz while at home tonight and tomorrow morning. Ugh... this whole thing is killing me.

In better news, since we know Jordan is going through a growth spurt right now, we decided to give him pureed sweet potatoes last night! It was only a little bit (prob less than an oz), but he LOVED it! I'm glad I didn't put a lot in the bowl because he ended up refusing the last 2 spoonfuls. But before that he swallowed maybe 90% of what we gave him and only actually pushed a very little bit out of his mouth! I was so happy with his first go at "real" foods, AND he ended up sleeping almost 10 hours straight (definitely why I was able to get so much early this am).

We are going to give him more this evening and hope for the same results. This should also free up a boob for pumping, and if I don't pump as much as I want at home then I'll have DH give him some more sweet potatoes along with his morning bottle. At least that should help with his appetite!

Oh, and if DH drops another bottle, I might have to divorce him

February 6th, 2013, 01:51 PM
So sorry about the breast milk debacle! I've spilled milk myself, and it's devastating. Fortunately, DH never spilled it, or yes, I think it might be grounds for divorce.

I'm glad Jordan liked the sweet potatoes. I think they were Jack's favorite thing so far too. I hope giving him something each night will help him sleep through the night as well. It would be wonderful if you could get some good rest.

February 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I hope it was the sweet potatoes and you will be able to get more sleep!

DH hasn't spilled any milk, but he leaves bottles out too long and I don't always see them. I've also accidentally spilled milk before. Whoever said it's no use crying over spilled milk never spilled breast milk they worked so hard to pump!

Good luck with the pumping tonight!

February 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
4 month, 3 weeks, 4 days

Pumped 12oz at work yesterday, 3oz last night, and 5oz this am, so I was able to leave Jordan with 20oz today! I was smart though and gave daycare the 3 bottles I pumped at work when I went to pick up Jordan, so DH was only responsible for feeding him a bottle and taking in the 4th one to daycare. No reports of spillage, so yay!

I only pumped 5oz during my morning session at work. I'll need 7oz this afternoon in order to get the 3 bottles, which I'm not sure I'll be able to do. Hopefully tonight at home gives me good results. On the plus side, I get to pick Jordan up early tomorrow, so he shouldn't need 4 bottles. AND if his growth spurt is ending, then he may even only take the 3 bottles at daycare today. I'll find out when I pick him up All in all, it should work out, even though I don't have a freezer stash anymore. I plan on doing lots of pumping this weekend though!

Jordan ate some sweet potatoes again last night. He pushed a little more out of his mouth than he did the previous night, but he still ate the majority of it. He didn't sleep as well, either (went down at 8:30, woke up at 10 and 12:45). He stayed asleep until 5:30, took a bottle, and I guess DH kept him entertained for a bit before he went back to sleep. The plan was to give him sweet potatoes before daycare if he got hungry, but Jordan stayed asleep until DH dropped him off.

I'm glad my boobs/supply have been surviving the increased demand! I am hoping to come out of this with enough extra milk to start filling our freezer. We have 2 deep freezes (one was left by the landlord), and if I could fill up one of those before Jordan's 1st birthday, I would be one happy mama! (Plus, it would be awesome to have so much extra for whenever we have #2)

Jordan has his 4-month well visit tomorrow afternoon (scheduled for 1 month ago, then rescheduled for 3 weeks ago, then rescheduled AGAIN for tomorrow ) He is finally getting his 2nd round of vaccinations, and I have a feeling that since he is so close to 5 months old now that we will have to do the next well check and shots at 7 months I like his doctors and all but I'm so peeved that they are busy ALL the time, and then when I need to make an appt for the well checks they can only do them at certain times during the day, which really limits when I can take him. So when conflicts came up and TWICE, this was the earliest I could get him in. And the kicker is that the original appt was scheduled 2 months in advance, and canceled 3 days before the appt. Ugh. If this kind of thing keeps happening then I'll have to find a new ped. I just don't understand why one of the other doctors can't cover appts when "family emergencies" come up???

But alas, he is finally getting in. I'm excited to see what his weight and height are now! The last time he was checked was during the stomach bug. He had lost weight and was down to about 14lb, 4oz (he was 15 at a previous visit a week before...). He's still a peanut rocking 3-6mo clothes and size 2 diapers, but I'm sure he has gained quite a bit from when he was at the hospital, especially with his growth spurt this week!

February 7th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Poor guy losing all that weight with his stomach bug. I'm sure that growth spurt will more than make up for it though.

So glad you were able to pump more. That must feel really good. I hope you'll have some really productive pumping sessions this weekend too.

February 14th, 2013, 10:34 AM
5 months, 1 day

I can't believe my baby is 5 months old already! At his appointment on Friday, he was 15lb, 1oz and 26 inches long! I am glad he gained all of that weight back, and I'm sure that he will grow even more now that we have him on a little bit of pureed food. I'm annoyed that he only got 2 of his vaccines instead of 3 (how can they run out of DTap and NOT order enough when they know we're coming????), so now we will have to go back once that is in so he can get that shot. And then we're back in 6 weeks for his 6-month checkup. I'll be really happy when we don't have to go to the dr so often.

Speaking of, I am SO GLAD to report that Jordan made it to week 2 in a row without an illness from daycare! This is the first time he will be there for 2 full weeks, and I hope this trend continues! And Jordan's growth spurt seems to be over, although Sunday night he woke up about 7 times wanting to eat. I even brought him in bed with me around midnight and he still woke up constantly. Sooo I stayed home Monday to catch up on sleep while he went to daycare.

I didn't pump as much as I wanted but I have been getting enough to get by, and being at work the rest of the week has REALLY helped my supply increase! Tues and Wed Jordan woke up right before I needed to get up for work, so I was able to give him a full belly then get him back to sleep (and Wednesday he had slept through the night!!!). So my morning sessions I had gotten around 5-6 oz, then afternoon was the same thing. Jordan slept all night last night and wasn't awake when I left, so this AM I pumped earlier than normal and was able to get 12 whole oz I filled the 3 bottles he normally takes at daycare, and I'll still be able to get at least 6 more oz this afternoon It makes me so happy when a) he sleeps all night (lol) and b) I can pump like a champ. And when I get home from work I've been pumping about 2-3 oz. So as of today we have a whole bottle in the fridge at home and he has enough at daycare, too I think if I am diligent and keep it up this weekend then I can fill all of our bottles and get started with the freezer stash. Here's hoping!

Solid foods are also going really well! Jordan finished the jar of sweet potatoes we gave him, and this weekend I went and bought bananas, apples, avacados, and butternut squash (already de-skinned, de-seeded, and diced up!!). I made 3 bananas in the baby bullet (LOVE!) and used only about 1.5oz of breastmilk. It made 6 jars for him, and he loved them all! Tuesday night I cooked and made the 20oz of squash plus about 2 oz of breastmilk, which gave me 9.5 jars of food. He had the 1oz jar last night and made a really weird face, but he ate all of it 6 of the jars are in the freezer for later, and we have enough in the fridge that we can see if he gets a reaction or not, then move on to the next food.

We have been giving him 1-2oz of purees around our dinner time, and then when he gets up in the morning DH has been giving him 1-2oz for breakfast (except this morning, I had DH give him a bottle first since I wasn't able to feed him overnight). He still has a jar of bananas left, and then he will be on the squash for a few days. This weekend I'm going to make the avacado, apples, and some oats, most of which I'll be able to freeze for later. Next weekend I want to get peas, pears, and sweet potatoes so I can have a freezer stash of those. Once I know he can tolerate everything well, then we will give him breakfast of oats + fruit and a dinner of a vegetable. All the while I will keep pumping away so I can stash a lot of milk as well I have to say that I love being the sole source of his food, pumping it or blending it!!

Well this update got long, but overall Jordan is doing awesomely, other than some "moments" here and there! I'm shocked he's been sleeping so well since the crappy night on Sunday, and I wish it would continue but I can't get my hopes up But either way he is generally a great sleeper! He still doesn't like to roll (lazy!) but he is trying to scooch and gets into an almost-crawling position! He's also been really good at sitting and LOVES to just watch the dogs or lay on the floor with them. They all love him so much and I know they will love him even more once he is mobile and less "fragile."

Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day, all! I will have to remember to upload some pictures (especially since I am off of Facebook until Easter )

February 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
5 months, 2 days

So when did it become standard practice for an infant to give out Valentines??? When I picked up Jordan yesterday, he had a bag with his valentines in it. Only about half of the kiddos and caregivers in the infant room gave them out, so I didn't feel like a total a-hole, but I'm still shocked that so many parents wrote them out, and many of them had treats with them (baby rice cookies for Jordan; candy and lollipops for mommy and daddy! ) We will definitely do valentines for his class room next year, but I just couldn't justify having a 5-month old "send" them out (and with such short notice as we only got the list of names of everyone last week)!

In other daycare news, Jordan's favorite caregiver is working at another daycare starting Monday She is the one that spoils him and always holds him, which he loves. I hope he still gets a lot of attention (which I think he will because EVERYONE from his room always says how much they love his big smile--makes me happy that he is happy!). Also, they told me that Jordan has seemed a bit fussy after drinking his 4-oz bottles. I had DH tell them that they can either make a new bottle right after he eats the first one and see how much of it he takes, or they can redistribute the 4th bottle into the 3 he normally does take throughout the day so that he is getting 5+oz at each feed. They didn't do either of those things yesterday, but since I pumped 18.5 oz at work yesterday I split all of that up into 4 bottles. I hope that makes somewhat of a difference. If not then they will just have to add that 4th bottle in if they feel he is still hungry

Jordan seemed to enjoy the squash a lot more last night, though he made a much bigger mess! He would eat some and then put his hand to his mouth and get it all over his hands, then all over the high chair tray! At one point he grabbed some squash right off of the spoon () and at another point, I dropped the spoon onto the tray and it splattered (whoops!). He enjoyed himself, which I guess is ok since he did eat the entire 2oz I gave him
However, last night he woke up at 11pm and seemed a bit gassy. He gave me a really good burp and also let out a toot before settling back to sleep. I am assuming the squash was the culprit, but I really won't know until I see how he acts tonight. He woke up a second time at 3:30am but fell back to asleep after eating for 15 minutes. Slept about another 4ish hours, so it was a pretty good night for him

Since he only ate from the right side at 3:30, my left side was SO FULL! I pumped at my normal morning time and got 7.5oz from that side alone The other side got me 3oz, so when I add my 6+ oz for this afternoon I will have 4 bottles for little man I am determined to get a great stash going again this weekend, and I'm positive I can do it (especially with Jordan's breakfast and dinner of purees!)

All in all, things are going well, and I am so glad it's Friday so I can spend the weekend with my baby!

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!

February 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Wow! I wouldn't have thought of babies giving out Valentines either. Glad you weren't the only one who didn't. Sounds like he's doing well. Glad the pumping is going better! It's so wonderful yet painful when they sleep a longer stretch then usual, isn't it? One night after Sean's 3 month growth spurt he slept through and I was in so much pain I seriously considered waking him. Thankfully he woke up soon after and I got relief, but even after he was done I still pumped 7 oz from that side!

I hope you have a great weekend and get a bit of a freezer stash going!

February 17th, 2013, 07:46 PM
5 months, 4 days

I think I did really well with pumping this weekend! We have 10 bottles in the fridge, and one bottle out (that's the one with the broken cap). I'll use it while pumping, and tomorrow everything I pump at work will be for the freezer Progress!

Jordan slept from about 10pm until 9am on Saturday I was SHOCKED! DH had to work that morning and I thought for sure Jordan would have been awake since I had quite a few things to do around the house, but I got lucky I made him some avocado Saturday and this morning I made apples. I froze all of the avocado and he had his first taste of apples today. Didn't like them at first but then he LOVED them and ate the whole 2oz pretty quickly I'm glad he's such a good eater! So we will do a few days of apples and then switch to the avocado, and I still have a bunch of squash in the freezer so I have enough purees for maybe 2 weeks or more Next weekend I'll be getting peas, pears, sweet potatoes, and bananas, and I also want to make his oats. Then I should have a ton of freezer stash and won't have to make something every weekend (although its super easy and quick to do!)

Jordan is finally rolling more, but mostly it's just to grab at the dogs Today he kept grabbing clumps of baxter's fur, but then she kept going back for more after we'd pry his fist open. She's such a good dog though and takes it like a champ

In other news, apparently having PCOS and still BFing does not deter AF Friday morning I wiped a bit of brown CM, yesterday there was some bright red, and today there is definitely a light flow. I'm expecting tomorrow to be on the heavier side, and that really sucks. The only good thing is that I might be able to see if my body is ovulating on its own or if I may need help with that again, although with BFing I can't even count on a regular period, right? Ugh I thought I'd be period-free for another few months. I would blame the 2 meals of solid food a day, but Jordan just loves them so much i couldn't imagine taking them away!
Belita likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
What a great update, minus the AF part! So happy for you that he slept through the night!

February 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
5 months, 6 days

Hello all! It's been pretty dead around here lately... I hope everyone is well!

Jordan had quite the morning! DH had to go to work super early because of a long trip (5.5 hours one way!). Since daycare doesn't open until 6:30, I had to take Jordan over to my parents' house so they could drop him off before work. He had woken up at 10:00pm and 11:15pm, but was asleep while I got ready for work. Then I turned his light in his bedroom on, and he woke up and was all smiles! I got him changed and fed, then bundled into the carseat while I got the rest of our things together. Not a peep the whole time!

Fortunately my parents live only 10 minutes away, and it's in the direction I have to go for work anyway. Dropped him off, gave my mom instructions and a note for daycare, installed the car seat base in her car, and then I left. Jordan was still content DH tells me that he's usually a bit fussy in the morning, but definitely not today. I'll have to find out how my mom made out this AM once she gets off of work.

I only pumped 6.5 oz this morning, but I attribute that to the 5am feeding I don't normally get to do. Yesterday I had only pumped 10oz the whole day. I don't know if that is because it was right after the weekend, when pumping isn't as efficient, or if it's because of AF. I'm hoping not the latter because I'd love to get 6 more oz this afternoon to replenish the 3 bottles he normally takes at daycare.

Speaking of AF, she is definitely different than pre-pregnancy... I thought for sure this first time would be like flood gates opening, but it's been really tame. Definitely on the lighter side, and I don't have awful awful cramps like I used to get. There are definitely SOME, but most of the time I don't even notice them. I will say this though--my appetite is off the charts!! I have been so hungry the last 2 days and even have been craving something. I don't really know what that something is, but last night I said I wanted ice cream, but there isn't any in the house. Maybe a milkshake... I think I should try taking in more milk and see if that satisfies it. I'm definitely not used to this... I bring a bunch of snacks to work and most of the time they don't get eaten and are only there in case I get hungry. Well today I was about to eat everything I brought and had to stop myself because I still had 2 hours until lunch I just downed my lunch and snacked a little bit more, and now I'm only left with 2 more snacks until I get home. Definitely not like me; I don't think I've ever emptied my lunchbox!

I wonder if EBF/pumping and my period has to do with this insatiable hunger??? Has anybody heard anything about it or is it just me?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search