Jordan's Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know! I feel like you, Julie, and me are the only ones around lately! I hope everyone is well, too!

I've heard that AF can temporarily decrease your supply. I've had a bit of a supply decrease from my strep and made lactation cookies to help. My are they yummy!!! I'm struggling to not just eat the whole jar in one sitting!

Sounds like you're lucky with your AF, too. I've heard the first PP AF is a nightmare!

Jordan is turning into a great sleeper! Must make it easier to go to work being more well-rested.

February 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I'm always around! I haven't even had af and I am a hungry hungry hippo all the time.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
February 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I am guilty of not being around as much. I tend to get on more when I'm at work, and I had a nice four-day weekend. So I'm back now.

I haven't had a PP AF yet, but I am hungry ALL THE TIME! And it's worse when I'm at work than when I'm at home. So I don't know if it's pumping that makes me feel hungrier or just boredom at work.

February 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought pumping would increase my appetite, but I've been at it for almost 2 months now at work and this has been the first week that I've been this hungry. Maybe it is AF, or maybe I just need to eat more

5 months, 1 week

I think Jordan slept well last night.... He got super tired at 6:30 so he went to bed without his apple puree. Just meant he nursed a little longer than normal before bed. He woke up briefly twice before DH and I went to bed around 8:30. And then from there I cannot for the life of me remember if he DID wake up at midnight-ish or not... if he did then I was such a zombie! I know he woke up around 3:30, seemingly ready to be awake for the day but I was able to nurse him back to sleep, then he was DEFINITELY ready to be awake after my alarm went off at 4:45 this morning. I tried to get him back to sleep but he was ready to grace the world with his presence

So not his best night, but not horrible and I don't feel sleep deprived so I guess we are good! Jordan ate his apples his morning with DH and took a good nap before daycare. I really hope he doesn't get tired at home until closer to 7:30/8:00, otherwise he will be up super early again. We'll see what happens!

I was still able to pump 6oz this morning even after feeding Jordan at 3:30 and 5:00. I consider that a success, especially since I should be able to get another 6oz this afternoon, filling Jordan's normal 3 bottles for daycare. I haven't been pumping in the evening this week because Jordan hasn't been wanting his purees as much since he's been tired on the early side. I'm not worried though since I'm pumping enough for him and I still have bottles in the fridge as well as a bit of a freezer stash going. I'll use the weekend to keep it going, and if he decides to STTN again then I'll be a pumping champ

Still riding the crimson wave here... I feel like when I'm home and nursing Jordan AF is super duper light, but when I'm at work she is a bit heavier (still nothing like what I expected though). I wish she would pack up and go already but a part of me feels like she will be around for a little while...

Anyway, happy Hump Day all! I cannot WAIT for this week to be over!

February 21st, 2013, 09:21 AM
5 months, 1 week, 1 day

Jordan didn't have a great night at first..He fell asleep around 7:45 and woke up at 10ish (5 minutes after I fell asleep!), then he woke again at 11 and 11:30. Sensing a trend, I told myself that if he woke again he would be going to bed with me for the remainder of the night. Luckily he stayed asleep until 2:30, and then didn't wake for good until 6:30. I was worried it would end up being a bad night for both of us, but he did get some good stretches of sleep, so yay!

I'm wondering if maybe he was gassy or had an upset tummy. Last night was the first time he tried avacado (1 whole oz!) and he gobbled it up without making any funny faces. I think he really enjoyed it! He will get more tonight, though it seems like every time he tries a food for the first time he is a bit fussy during bedtime. I guess as long as there are no long-term or severe symptoms, we'll just keep on doing what we're doing

The pediatrician finally got back to me about having the DTap vaccine in! Our appointment is at 5:45; it should just be a shot and then we're sent on our way, but I'm not sure if they will need to weigh him or whatever. It's not a well visit since he already had that, and I'm really hoping we are in and out. I am going to give him a shot of Tylenol beforehand to hopefully help with any pain. Fingers crossed for no bad reactions! I wanted him to get it on a Friday or Saturday so he doesn't have to deal with daycare the next day and I would be available for cuddles, but they weren't available I'm already preparing myself for a crappy night of sleep, but I get to leave work at noon tomorrow so I can deal with it

AF is still here, but super light! I'm wondering if she will be gone by the weekend; that would be awesome! I'm glad I was able to survive my first PP AF (so far). Now to make the decision about having DH wear condoms or not.... hmm.....

February 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM
PICTURES!!

Sitting like a big boy!

He loves his doggies (and they love him)

Grumpy on Valentine's Day!

Found his foot!

SQUASH! (I love this face )

Home with Daddy

I love my little man!
blueeyes25s, Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

February 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG i love those pics of Jordan with the doggies! They look so smitten with him! I absolutely cant wait to have a little one for Meg to play with lol!

Its great he's doing so good with the puree, that face from the squash is classic - definately a good one for his 18th!
DaniM0820 likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 21st, 2013, 11:05 AM
Jordan is so cute.

Hope the DTaP shot goes well and it doesn't impact him too badly. Jack just doesn't do well with DTaP, and I've heard it's the one that gets babies the most. Thank goodness he doesn't get that one again for another year.

Good luck making that decision about birth control.
DaniM0820 likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
5 months, 1 week, 2 days

Horrible evening/night We took Jordan to get his DTap, which was fine. We were in and out in a matter of 5 minutes. I held him while he got it, and he didn't even flinch!! He didn't cry, didn't even make a face I was so happy; I was totally expecting him to cry while getting it, but he was such a good and brave little boy! I don't know if it was only because he got the one shot or if it was the fact that I gave him a bit of Tylenol before we left (or both), but whatever it was, it worked!

So we leave, and DH can't get his car started. He has been having problems with his fuel pump not turning on (I only know about this because he is a "car guy"). We were sitting there for 30 minutes before we called my dad to come pick us up DH had this issue in the past and we were going to get it fixed, but the mechanic said he couldn't replicate the problem, so DH made the decision to hold off on it so long as it didn't come back. It would have issues starting, but the last week the car has been really bad. We think the cold weather has made it worse, but either way, I knew we should have had it taken care of when it first started happening. Now he's going around telling everyone that I was the one to tell him to wait on it. His mess up and I'm getting blamed!! ugh

So anyway, the part he needs is coming in on Saturday, so now we have to get the car towed to the mechanic today and HOPE that it can get worked on either tomorrow or Monday. DH took off today and will be able to use one of the company cars for the weekend and any time next week if he's still without a car. Big problem with that is there is no back seat, so no way for him to take Jordan to daycare (or anywhere for that matter). Thank goodness I leave at noon today (maybe earlier if I can!) so that I can take him to get the company car and then figure out the whole towing/dropping off his car situation. NOT a fun evening at all!!

Luckily Jordan slept during the entire car debacle. My dad had picked just me and the baby up while DH kept trying to get the car started. We got home and 10 mins later DH needed me to get him becaue his car battery died while trying to get the car back running (which he knew that would happen). My dad stayed with Jordan and I got DH, then we grabbed some fast food and headed back to the house. Jordan had been ALL smiles for his Pappy My dad tried feeding him avacado but Jordan was more interested in playing.

After he left around 8 I got Jordan ready for bed. He nursed and started falling asleep, but kept waking up. When he got full he refused the boob but still kept crying. I rocked him, walked with him, bounced him a bit.. no matter what I did he wouldn't stay asleep After 30 minutes of trying I had DH take over so I could get my shower. By the time I was done 10 minutes later, Jordan was having random moments of screaming followed by dead silence. We both figured he must have been feeling the effects of the vaccine, because he hasn't acted that way at bedtime for a LONG time. DH went and got his shower and I put Jordan back on the boob. He feel asleep after 10 minutes and stayed asleep this time.

That was about 9:00. Jordan woke up RIGHT after I fell asleep around 9:45, then again at midnight, then 2:30, and for good at 4:30. Plus side is I was able to let him drain both breasts before I left for work, but I am pretty tired since he hasn't slept all that well all week. BUT it's Friday, I get to leave early, and once we figure out when DH's car will be fixed, we can all breathe easier!

Aside from running around for DH's car stuff, this weekend I'll be making peas, pears, oats, and possibly more bananas and sweet potatoes We still have squash, apples, and avacados in the freezer, too! We just need to get Jordan to eat a couple more days' worth of avacado before we can move on to a new food though

Happy Friday, all! I hope everyone has a good weekend!

February 22nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ooh sorry about the car troubles. I know DH has had on/off fuel pump problems with his truck for years and we had it fixed once about 5 years ago and it's starting to act up again. I hope you are able to solve the issue this weekend/early next week!

I hope his fussy bout was temporary and it goes away before long. :hug;

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sorry about all the car drama. I hope you can figure everything out and get it fixed quickly. Enjoy your half day and hopefully get some rest.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
That stinks about the car problems. I hope that his car gets fixed soon and that Jordan starts sleeping better again!

February 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
5 months, 2 weeks

So DH's car got fixed on Monday Plus side is we didn't have to pay for the tow because Randy's boss knows people It now starts beautifully, so we are hoping to be issue-free for a while now!

Jordan slept like crap over the weekend. Friday night we was awake every hour, even after coming to bed with me around midnight. The longest he slept was from 4:30-9:00am when DH took him downstairs and put him in the carseat. I slept during that time too and it felt like heaven Saturday and Sunday nights weren't much better; he woke about every 2 hours. Monday night was about every 3, and last night he only woke up at 11pm and 4am--progress! Not sure what (if anything) has caused the erratic night sleeping, but I hope he sticks to his 1-2 wake ups per night for a bit. But Jordan does what Jordan wants

Last night was funny though. I fed him right before bed, and when he was done eating I put his pacifier in and tried rocking him to sleep. He had been drowsy while eating but once the boob went away his eyes were popped open and he started blowing raspberries with the binky in his mouth! Little stinker! I rocked him a bit, and nothing. So I decided to just put him in his crib anyway. He blew a raspberry and shot the binky out, then kept blowing more. I laughed but decided to walk away and see what he would do. I went downstairs, did the dishes, and made my lunch for work. Went back upstairs to shower and when I checked on him he was fast asleep. Stayed that way for 3 hours I'm glad he can get himself to sleep like that.

On Sunday night I pureed 4 pears, which gave me about 13 or so meals for Jordan Most of it is in the freezer, but he LOVES them!! I think this one is his favorite so far because he just gobbles it up He's had 4 days of it now, so tonight I am giving him 1oz of peas for the first time I hope he takes to them well, but I know they have a bolder flavor. Am hoping for the best though!
Those were the only 2 things I was able to make this weekend. Tonight I'm going to blend up some bananas so we can switch it up from the pears he's been having for breakfast. Friday night I will make the oats and sweet potatoes I still have lying around. After he tries the peas and oats he will have had all of his first foods, and then I can start experimenting with mixing things together and also get him on some kind of schedule of fruity foods in the am and veggies in the pm. It's pretty exciting for me

Jordan is doing awesome He is always so happy and smiley! One of his favorite things is when DH plays "airplane" and flies him through the air. He always gets a huge smile and starts giggling when he's coming toward my face
I'll be making an appt for his 6-month/Easter pictures soon--I can't believe he will be 6 months in just a matter of 2 weeks!! He is growing way too fast.

As for me, AF officially left on Saturday. I've been taking an OPK once a day just to see if my body is "normal"... I really shouldn't but I have about 40-50 internet cheapie OPKs that expire in May, so I may as well use them, right? And then maybe I can figure out if/when I O. Still not sure on those condoms, but we haven't used any yet anyway lol. I miss being pregnant and would love for Jordan to have a sibling so close to his own age; the only thing holding me back is the daycare cost!

Welp, lunch is over so it's back to work! Happy Hump Day!!

February 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Awww, sounds like the little guy is doing well, except for the couple of sleepless nights. I can't believe he's almost 6 months old!!!

March 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
5 months, 3 weeks, 1 day

Hi all!

Same old, same old around here! Jordan had 1.5 weeks of crappy nights of sleep, including the weekends, and is just now getting back to how he used to be--just 1 or 2 wake ups. I think he went through a growth spurt because last week and earlier this week he ate more at daycare than he normally does. He seems to be getting back to "normal" though!

Still only doing 2 "meals" of purees (2oz each). I'm undecided about when I should add an afternoon meal in there. I figure I'll just wait until his 6-month appt on Good Friday. Oh and I still never got around to making those sweet potatoes or oats... thank goodness for freezer stash, but I really need to make more food this weekend!!

Jordan's 6-month pictures are scheduled for Saturday March 16th! I'm really excited about them, and my mom will be coming with us as well Stupid DH found out and was like, "If she's going, does that mean I don't have to go?" I wanted to smack him. I want a couple pics of the 3 of us taken, and then we can decide whether we want to buy them. Although I may just buy the hi-res CD and have access to all of the prints. That was the better option last time

Nothing really new with me, either! My OPKs have been negative, though I've only taken 1/day. Tehy expire in May, and if I run out I don't plan on buying more unless we really get back into TTC. I'm updating my chart but definitely NOT temping, mostly just marking CM, BDing, and OPKs. I've had a few random days of EWCM, but nothing that tells me anything. I asked DH the other day when should we start thinking about number 2, and he said he didn't know. Then I told him that if he doesn't want me getting pregnant then he needs to use condoms (we have a lot from pre-TTC). He said ok, but still has yet to use one. Oh well. At least neither of us would be upset if something did happen

I guess that's it for now! I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

March 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM
5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days

Stupid daylight savings! The weekends already feel too short, and now we had to go and lose a whole hour!

Fortunately the time change didn't seem to affect Jordan's sleeping; he woke up an hour after we put him down at 7:45, and then again at 12:30, then he didn't wake until after I left for work. I was worried the new times would mess up his schedule but so far so good!

There is a not-so-good issue going on with little man though. He's been constipated the past few days. He will have moments where he fusses and grunts, and his face has even turned beet red from him straining, then he cries. Most of the time he does this nothing comes out, and when it finally does, it is hard. He never had this issue before and I don't know what to do.

He has only had breastmilk and then his 1-2oz of purees 2 times a day. We just introduced oats yesterday, but he has had this problem since Friday. Some of the things he's eaten the past few days have been green peas, bananas, apples, avacado, pears, and now the oat cereal. I don't know if any of these are causing the constipation or if he is maybe getting too much solid food in general... Saturday I even tried only giving him solids once that day so he would drink more breastmilk, but he still did the same thing.

I'm nervous about giving him water or juice, but if it helps him then maybe I should try it. I hate seeing him in pain I also have pedialyte if that would help (bought it when he had the stomach bug but never had to use it). Although I don't want to give him something if he doesn't NEED it. Does anyone have any advice on this? I wonder if I should just call the ped at this point...

March 12th, 2013, 06:44 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm glad the time change didn't disrupt his routine too much! I know some mommies hate dealing with the time change for all the disruption it brings to their kids schedules.

I don't have any advice about what to give or not give. Hope some other BTDT moms will chime in!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Glad the little guy wasn't really affected by the time change. People complain about it on the Sunday, but I always feel like the Monday is worse.

One thing that helps is to take a Q-tip with a good amount of Vaseline on it and stick it in his butt just until you can no longer see the cotton and turn it a few times, then remove. It stimulates the bowels. You can also massage his tummy in a clockwise direction to help get things moving again. If those don't work I'd call the pedi to find out about the juice and pedialyte. I'm not sure when those are okay!

March 13th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Expecting #1
Just popping in. I thought Ember was constipated since we came home from the hospital. She goes once or twice a week. At first my pedi had me do leg exercises like bicycle kicks and massage of the belly. She also recommended putting the thermometer up there to help stimulate a BM. When that didn't work they had me give her an infant suppository. That worked within 5 minutes, but I'd call the pedi before using one of those. When Ember did go, it wasn't hard though, just normal BF poop. Hope this helps

March 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
6 months!!!!

!!! I can't believe my little baby is half a year old! :')

We stayed home today so Jordan could go to the doctor. He had a REALLY bad night, and I ended up getting less than 5 hours of broken up sleep. He didn't get that much as well and wouldn't fall asleep without me holding him and walking or rocking with him Then I'd put him down and he'd sleep an hour or less before waking up. I tried bringing him to bed with me but he screamed until i walked with him. Long night.

I was at a loss and tried everything I could think of--I massaged his gut area, bicycled his legs, tried the thermometer to stimulate things, gave him puréed plums with apple juice, gave him water with apple juice, cut out constipating foods and stuck with pears...nothing. I wasn't even frustrated, just so upset that he was in so much pain and there was nothing I could do to fix it

The pediatrician said everything I had done was great and he told me to try 2oz of water after each meal, some prune juice, high fiber fruits and veggies, and liquid glycerine if necessary. I tried all of them and I think the glycerine finally did it. He pooped twice, the first time there were quite a few hard parts to it, but he seems better. I'll hold off on more glycerine unless he REALLY needs it tomorrow, but I'm going to keep offering the water and prune juice after meals, and for dinner he is getting plums and sweet potatoes. I hope he's unclogged enough that he starts going more regularly like he used to. I'm also hoping for a better night of sleep for both of us!

He's napping at the moment and hasn't been the happiest baby today, although he did get a flu shot at the doc so that may cause the fussiness too. On the other hand he could just be over tired. Blah. I'm sure better days are to come

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search