Jordan's Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Love hearing that things are still going great on facebook

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 8th, 2013, 09:48 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
7 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

My little man will be 8 months old on Saturday

Cry it out has worked wonders for us. Jordan sleeps on average 11-12 hours per night. It takes 10-15 minutes of nursing before bed, then he goes in his crib drowsy and either goes right to sleep or fusses a few times before drifting off. He usually cries once or twice in the middle of the night, sometimes for a few minutes, but goes back to sleep without me going in his room. Every once in a while though he will cry for 10 minutes without calming himself, and that's when I know he probably needs to eat. I would say he has a middle-of-the-night feeding once or twice a week. But even with that, our new sleep routine is wonderful!

The only downside is I do miss those nighttime cuddles And he is still sleeping by the time I leave for work, so I really only get from the time a pick him up from daycare until I put him to bed about 3 hours later And in that time I have to make dinner, pump for the last time of the day, and clean my pump parts and Jordan's bottles, which cuts out time together down even more. I hate weekdays.

Weekends are when I get all of my Jordan and mommy time, and this past weekend was amazing My mom and I took Jordan to a small zoo near us. It was only $14/adult, and Jordan is free until he turns 3. We all had such a good time, even though I thought Jordan would be a grump because he didn't nap very long in the morning. BUT he loved seeing the animals (the ones he COULD see, anyway...many were sleeping). He also took a pony ride. He didn't look to sure about it at first, but he cried when the pony stopped so we could take pictures, and then was fine when it started up again. Then he cried when the ride was over lol but once we were onto seeing more animals (and he got to watch some of the older kids running around, too) he was all smiles again.

I think I will get a year-long membership there since it pays for itself in 2 visits, and they would be great day trips for this summer (and the zoo is getting giraffes at the end of the month! ) I also plan to take Jordan to the aquarium this summer and the Philly zoo, which is much bigger than where we were. He may not be able to talk, but he definitely showed interest and got excited about the "strange" creatures

Jordan is doing awesome in his walker--he can now move forward and turn it, and he is also getting better at manuevering it on the carpet. He isn't all over the place yet, but he's getting there Also still not crawling but scooching more and rolling to get into everything he isn't supposed to--especially the dogs' toys. The past week he has really been getting into the crawling position and even started moving his legs up like he is about to... then he rolls over He will get there, though! He is also starting to climb into a standing position--not quite standing up on his own yet, but he tries to...especially in the bath tub. I'm not too thrilled that DH usually LETS him try to climb up his baby tub, but he is always RIGHT there, so I know Jordan is safe.

Jordan can also turn off light switches, and we just taught him to wave hello and goodbye! It only took a week, so now we are going to work on high fives and even fist bumping Sometimes I feel like we are training a puppy

We are teaching Jordan "no" though, and he is learning quickly what is not ok to do. So far he has bitten my nipple on 3 separate occassions, and each time I say "no bite" and take my boob out of his mouth (well, actually I cry "OUCH!" first, but still ). When he grabs things he isn't supposed to, like my hair or jewelry, I say no or don't and he lets go. I just figure it's never too early to learn manners

Hope everyone is having a good Hump day!

May 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like things are going great for you guys! Little baby high-fives and fist bumps are so cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search