Sean's Baby Steps

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree128Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
glad you're all feeling better. Savina has had a little white on her tongue for weeks, but the pedi said it's nothing to worry about unless I see furry stuff that doesn't easily come off, or unless I see some on her cheeks. So every day I check and hope I won't find anything... I hate having to worry about my baby ugh.

Love the pics, glad you had such a good time! Savina is not up for much. She is a handful. can't wait for her to grow out of that.

...oh and happy new year, Robyn!

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches

Last edited by Lav; January 1st, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
January 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elli, supposedly they grow out of colic at around 3 months so hopefully you're almost there! I know you still adore her, but I'm sure it'd be nice to have more fun times with her.

2 months 2 days

Well, hello there 2013. So far you're off to a much better start than 2012 and that turned out pretty awesome so hopefully you'll be good to us, too.

Sean decided he wanted to party until midnight last night. I don't know what was up but he did not sleep well at all. DH set an alarm to wake us up at 11:45 to watch the ball drop, but I never did get to sleep. I was nursing up until midnight so we rang in the new year with the three of us lying in bed with Sean in the middle.

My grandfather and step-grandmother stopped by today to meet Sean. We were supposed to do Christmas with them on Sunday but my mom had to go into the hospital due to breathing issues. She's still there but improving and they expect her to get out this weekend, but that meant that we had to cancel my grandfather. He hadn't yet met Sean so we had him and Judy stop by to meet him. It went well! Sean was awake and happy for most of the time they were here. They decided to leave after Sean got fussy and needed a nap, but that was after three hours which was plenty of time. I was hoping to get a 4 generation photo with my dad, but that will have to wait until after my grandfather comes back up from FL.

Tomorrow we try Gymboree for the first time. Sean may still be a little young for it, but it's a free class so no big deal if it's a waste. It's at one of his awake times so that should be good. The nearest Gymboree location is 45 minutes away so it's not something we'd do all the time, especially since it's $65 a month, but I might sign us up for a month at the end of January since they are running a promo for $50 off when you sign up before Jan 31st. There used to be a Gymboree closer to our house and that might have been worth it but that closed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2013!

January 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks, I do adore her, but boy it's so rough right now.

I wish she had regular sleep times and wake times too as it sounds Sean has them. I'm trying to get her down for naps, but she keeps waking up after 10-15 min. most of the time. Every now and then I get lucky and she sleeps for 1-3 hours. I notice lately that she really needs those naps though.

What is Gymboree?

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
I guess we're not doing Gymboree tomorrow after all! Our friends from Cali are coming over instead. Hopefully I can switch our free class but at least it's not a waste of money if we can't.

Elli, Gymboree are Mommy and Me classes. Everyone I've talked to has loved it!

Gymboree Play & Music: Why Gymboree? Global leader in age-appropriate classes for children 0-5 years. Play & Learn Classes, Music Classes, Art Classes, Sports Classes, Family Classes, School Skills

January 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Robyn! sounds interesting. too bad it's so far away from us.

January 2nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope your mom is out of the hospital now or very soon.

It will be really neat when you get the four-generation photo. I get sad when I think about Jack not getting to meet any of his great-grandparents. Family was so important to especially my dad's parents. I'm the only grandchild who didn't have children before my grandparents passed away. Jack will definitely know all about them, though, and what wonderful people they were.

I've thought about enrolling in Gymboree classes, but it's $74 per month here, and I'm just not sure it's worth it. They offer Saturday classes, but I wouldn't be able to capitalize on the open gym time during the week when I'm at work. So I don't think it's worth it for us. I did see the $50 off promo, and I like that we can sign up for a free class first. So I might do it toward the end of January, when he's approaching 6 months old.

We have a location just 8 miles from us at least. And I've spent plenty on clothes there since Jack was born.

January 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I've heard great things about Gymboree...I'll have to remember to look into that when it's time!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'll let you all know what I think of Gymboree. I switched our free class to the 30th. Sean will be a month older so more interactive and we can't do next Wednesday anyways. It'll still be with enough time to get the deal, too, if I think it's worth it to do now.

Adrienne, I only have one grandparent still living so it is very special to me. I never got to meet my mom's dad (he died of a heart attack when my mom was 15) so that's why I asked my mom a few years ago to do some things for my children so they could know her. She said she'd already had stuff planned but I'm glad she's around for meeting Sean and pictures and doing the recordable storybooks. We have some old Super 8s of my grandfather, but I'll never know his voice so I'm glad my children will know hers.

2 months 4 days old

We had a great dinner party with our friends yesterday. One of them has to leave to go back to CA tomorrow but the other two will get together with us one more time before they leave on the 14th. They adored Sean and he got spoiled with gifts again. They got him some cute outfits in 9M size (which is great because we don't have much in that size), snap bibs (awesome!!), socks, and gift cards to Target. I made roast beef and roasted vegetables. Yum! Roast beef with a bit of red currant jelly on it is one of my favorite main dishes and I love the roasted vegetable dish I make (just root veggies with garlic and mixed herbs). They also brought some delicious desserts. One of my favorite parts was that I got to use our wedding china!

Today I had my first Weight Watchers meeting. I wasn't the biggest fan of the idea of going but I think it'll be good for holding me accountable. I know how to make good choices but it's so hard to follow them with Sean taking up so much time because I tend to go with quick and easy instead of healthy. I joined online last Friday and I lost 4lbs already. It's been pretty easy so far since I'd basically just stopped losing baby weight because I was eating so many holiday treats, but still, I'm excited! Sean did a great job when we were there! I hoped he'd sleep but he was wide awake the entire time. He was such a good boy, though. He was nice and quiet while the meeting was going on so he didn't disturb anyone. I'm so proud of him!

Tomorrow is Sean's 2 month appt and his first round of shots. I'm excited to find out how much he's grown but am not looking forward to his shots, poor thing.

My parents bought Sean a Baby Einstein sea turtle that Sean just adores! He's always been good at tummy time but it makes it go that much better.

Amazon.com: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Orchestra Musical Toy: Baby

The Oct PR was talking about the anniversary of everyone getting their BFP coming up and I went back to see when I got mine and ended up reading through the beginning of my pregnancy journal during Sean's nap. So amazing to think of how far we've come! I might keep reading through it. I'm really enjoying it!

tomorrow goes well!

January 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
I have gone back and read many parts of my journals, both my TTC and pregnancy one. I love it and am so glad I have kept up with it throughout the years. I also keep a back up of mine in Word, as JM has lost journals in the past...so if you haven't save saved a copy elsewhere, I would do so!
Belita likes this.

January 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Congrats on losing 4 lbs. I've lost almost 50 lbs on WW. It's really a great program! Keep up the good work!
Belita likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Expecting #1
Sounds like you had a perfect New Years. So sweet! Hope the pedi appointment goes well and Sean doesn't mind the shots too much.

Way to lose 4 lbs!! It's so hard to lose around the holidays so it sounds like you have a great plan moving forward to lose the rest of the baby weight.
Belita likes this.

January 4th, 2013, 02:57 PM
2 months 5 days

Sean had a great checkup but did not enjoy the shots at all, poor thing!

Sean is now 12lb 6.6oz (50th percentile and up 4lb 6.6oz from birth), 23.5" (75th percentile and up 3" from birth), and a head circumference of 16.26" (95th percentile!). The doctor was very impressed with his head control and said that he is very strong and healthy. They didn't end up letting me hold him for the shots because they prefer to just do them quickly so it's over with for the baby. I did get to hold him for the liquid vaccine. Poor Sean screamed and I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to cry myself. I know it's for the best even though it's torture for both of us. My doctor gave me a Tylenol dosage chart in case Sean ends up needing it.

I'm finding it easier to get things done around the house now that Sean is more interactive and bats at his toys. I felt so stupid, though. I have Sean's playmat set up so there is a mirror on one bar and the other bars have toys and he loves how they are set up and he really gets them going. Well, I was thinking he's using his left arm so much more than the right so I talked to Bert about how I should move the toys around. I also brought it up to the pedi. The pedi finally got me to realize I can either just rotate the play gym or put him in at a different angle to get him to still look in the mirror but also bat at his toys with his right arm! Here I thought baby brain was bad during pregnancy, this baby brain I have right now is horrendous! At least Sean is worth it!

January 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
Michi and Sean are nearly the same size now! Michi is about 13.5 lbs, 22 inches!
Belita likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I can't believe how quickly Michi has grown!

January 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Expecting #1
Getting shots must be rough, but it sounds like its rougher on mom Sean is growing so fast!

January 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
2 months 1 week old

Julie, I think it might be. He was sore for a little while so we gave him some Tylenol later that night but he slept for a few hours after getting his shots.

Yesterday we took down the Christmas decorations and since we had space from where the tree was, DH set up the jumparoo my parents bought Sean for Christmas! Sean has such great head control and for the past month has wanted us to hold him in the standing position as much as possible. I figured he would enjoy it. I was right. Sean loves it! He beams when he's in it and he can't really get it moving much yet! I posted a video on FB and took some pics but we hadn't put in the batteries yet. We put in the batteries later and he was just as happy as can be. He'll stay in there until he's so tired he can't do any more, rest, and then will try standing on us again so we put him in there and repeat the cycle. He's pretty good at it for 2 months, too! We had to put a box under his feet and his feet were slipping so DH put some non-skid shelf liner we have around the box and it works great.

I was thinking about clothing sizes and how Sean still fits in his 0-3 month clothes despite his size and think that it has to do with his head size. He has such a big head for his body that I think he'd weight at least about pound less if it weren't for his head. Of course, his huge head would make up some of his body length, too. He still has so much room to grow in even his smallest 0-3 month clothes that I think we'll be able to use them for at least another month.

This morning we decided to venture out for breakfast. DH wasn't too sure about taking Sean to a restaurant but I'd taken Sean with me to Applebees before and some quick-serve places like Panera and Qdoba and I figured he'd be fine. We went after I fed Sean and he did great! At Cracker Barrel they had these planks that hook over the back of the chair and provide a large, flat surface for the carrier. I was very impressed by this as I'd never seen one before! It was awesome! I get the pancakes with fried apples on the side if I want breakfast there and my breakfast was 30 WW points! Good thing I get an extra allowance for nursing! At least it also counts as 2 meals, too. I knew it'd be a lot of points, but when I got home and entered it in I was astounded. I shudder to think of what my favorite chicken and dumplings with fried okra dinner costs in points...

Sean has also outgrown his newborn diapers. Some of them still look like they fit, but they are not absorbent enough so he leaks out of them. His Fuzzibunz are the OS that fit him the best right now, but the rest are ok so I just packed away his NB fluff and have him in OS. If I had to do it again I wouldn't cloth diaper until he was in OS, but the class made it sound like I could get 3 months of use out of the NB cloth. But maybe I just have a heavy wetter. Oh, well. Might as well cloth diaper any other babies we have as newborns, too, since I have these diapers, but I won't buy any more of them.

I ordered a Snuza last Wednesday. I ordered it later in the evening so it was supposed to arrive Saturday. I got shipment notification today and the shipment notification said it was supposed to arrive last Friday. This is two Prime items in a row that haven't shipped on time. I understood the gentian violet since it was Christmas week but this is not cool.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I was debating about whether or not to mention this, but I'll just say that the doctor decided to stop treatment on my mom. I'm not really up to talking about it but I'll be driving down with Sean as close to weekly as I can.

Last edited by Belita; January 6th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
January 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay for Sean loving her jumparoo!! I must have missed it on FB, I will have to check it out.

:hugs: for your mom. I hope everything is ok.

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm so sorry about your Mom.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordan also has a big head (96th percentile!) and surprisingly still fits into his 0-3 mo clothes! I'm shocked since he will be 4 months on Sunday, but so glad that we are getting so much use out of them! It sounds like Sean is the same way!

I've also heard that many EBF babies are on the smaller side compared to formula fed.

January 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry about your Mom, Robyn. Know that the efforts you are making for you and Sean to spend time with her now will be more meaningful than you can probably imagine.

Big hugs. x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search