A journal for my little Newt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Happy Mother's Day to you!

I'm so sorry about the m/s. I hope that it goes away soon. Thank you for sharing your pregnancy experiences with us. I enjoy reading about them. (But I am sorry for any pregnancy discomforts you have. )

You are going to be an excellent mom! I look forward to reading more about your pregnancy journey!
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 02:35 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
11w3d

Goodmorning! I'm awake!

oh well....I thought I would write a few things down

So yesterday morning, just like every morning, I palpate my stomach to see if I can feel anything. Of course I haven't been able to feel anything, just my general guts, my uterus has been hiding behind my pelvic bone.....until yesterday! So I was poking and prodding (lying down) and....and....I felt my uterus!!!! I knew it because nothing could be so rock-hard! It was weird because it was way over on my left side, as if my uterus was on a diagonal. But there was no mistaking it!!! It was like feeling an apple underneath my skin. When i pushed it towards the center, it would go, but then moved back again. That was the weiiirrrrdest!!!! I was curious why it was off to the side though, but looking on the internet, apparently that can be normal at this stage. Later, it will move towards the center.

Last night, my husband and I were running errands. We stepped out of the car to run into Walgreens (at this point I was holding my bladder until we got home so I could show him my uterus too). He went to walk next to me and pushed on my stomach, saying, "That's not bloat anymore, that's baby. I don't think you can blame that tummy on bloat anymore." Oh, that was sweet, oh so sweet! I knew he wasn't feeling anything because he wasn't pushing in the right place, but anyway, it made me feel so much less fat and more pregnant!!!! I think he was right, because I wasn't feeling all that bloated yesterday. Actually, my stomach seemed to have went back in, so I was feeling more comfortable. And, because my uterus is apparently the size of an extra large grapefruit, it's pushing my bowels up, making it appear I have a little tummy.

Okay, now for the TMI:

The last couple days I have been feeling as if I have a yeast infection. My crotch is on fire and itchy and swollen, so I have an appointment to get checked out. I read you should not try to self medicate a yeast infection while pregnant (which BLOWS because I can't get relief until Friday!) Also, while we are on the subject of crotches, my CM has changed this morning: now it's like almost a jelly....eeewwww snail trail!

Well, I better get going, my cat is begging for attention!

Nighty-night!!!

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

May 16th, 2013, 07:03 AM
That's so exciting that you could feel your uterus!!!
May 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Nerd
That is exciting! Your body is making room for baby

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
13 weeks 2 days

Sorry for not updating sooner! I am so lazy.....

So anyway.....WELCOME TO TRI 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the 14th week and I am FINALLY RELAXING!!!!!!!!!! This feels so good and I'm finally looking preggo instead of fat yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

So an update on Dr appt last week:

I went to my genetic testing last Wednesday at 12w2d to get tested for Tri 21 and Tri 18 (Downs and Edwards). The lady we (my DH and I) sat with went through our family history and tree (yes she actually drew a little tree) and marked every ailment anyone had dealt with ever. She wasn't too worried about our families colliding in some way, as my husband was born and raised in Russia . Just an aside, I felt she was happy for us on the surface, but she was annoyed greatly with my husband, and it pissed me off. I realize it takes a special person to talk to him, but it felt like to me she was wierded out by him and his questions, which were intelligent beyond the normal she might have been asked.
NEwaaaayyyy.....so I got an ultrasound!!!! haha.....and this is what it looks like......

....my baby looks like a chicken!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!! No, not really.....s/he just got his hand in the way or something and that's the shot the tech decided to get.....meh oh well!!! She also got a shot of his face, but I don't feel like getting out of bed to take a pic of that one heehee.....His heartbeat was at 141! It sounded low to me, but the tech said that was normal She also said s/he was just over 2 inches long (so tiny!)

So I can feel my uterus all the time now, especially if I'm lying down! It feels the biggest right away in the morning before I pee, and is usually off to one side, mostly on my left side, as if it was oval shaped. I can feel the sides very distinctly, and I can almost move it to the center, though anytime I do "play around" with my uterus, I feel this tugging sensation in my vagina and it's a little uncomfortable.

So let's do a run down of some symptoms right now shall we?

*Still nausea and vomitting (I was keeping track of how many times I threw up since I got pregnant, but obviously I lost track....I do remember saying to my husband that I was disappointed that I wasn't throwing up more.....well I'm certainly not disappointed now!!!....gross)

*Food aversions and cravings: Ugg this has been the worst....cravings and aversions are keeping me coming and going and I NEVER know what I want from day to day. I still hate the smell chinese food and bbq and most processed dinners and all kinds of spaghetti.....I had been craving Mac n Cheese, but I fear I have become indifferent to it, and I was craving tacos, but now today I don't have much of an appetite for much of anything.

*Smells.....the other day a friend of mine asked me if I could smell is new cologne on him and he put his wrist up to my nose. I gagged!!! And I instantly felt terrible!!! I don't like cologne anyway, and my preggo nose DEFINITELY does not like cologne....he played up his hurt feelings a ton, and I wanted to cry (but of course I didn't, I knew he would forgive me)

*Round ligament pain: I just started to feel this in the last few days. It kind of feels like cramping in a very concentrated place on either side of my uterus. It's been described as rubber bands stretching to make room for baby. It doesn't really bother me because I know its normal, and if I stand up and walk around a bit they go away.

*Headaches.....sigh yes they have started.....I wasn't looking forward to these

*Dizziness.....ha! Yesterday I had taken a ride on an elevator. When I got off, I had the strangest sensation like I was still on it, and I kinda had to stop walking and get my bearings again

*Peeing has lightened up some, so that's good

*My breasts are easing up on their tingling and aching

*My tongue continues to be constantly tied, and I've lost my word filter.

*Dreams and weird thoughts: This is one of the strangest.....the dreams I understand, but I get very weird thoughts popping into my head throughout the day. What I mean is not thoughts necessarily, but music. And not good music. Like I get a really stupid song stuck in my head, one that I haven't heard in forever, or something I heard as a kid. I'll get totally distracted by it!!!

*Fatigue and sleepiness....'nuff said.

*I haven't gotten that energy I'm supposed to get yet, but I have found laundry is a tad easier to do.

*Irritability....'nuff said here also

*Yeast infection and general yuckiness down there: Because preggo women should not self diagnose I went to the clinic to get a PAP done, and as anticipated I had a yeast infection. The Dr said I shouldn't use those one-day things but use the goopy gross 7-day kit (awesome) because the one-day kits don't curb a preggo yeast infection. I am over it now (thank God!) and now I am getting this white soupy discharge now, kinda what you might get before your EWCM when ovulating. Everyone told me I would get a TON of it, but I don't notice any increase than I would normally get before I was pregnant.

Ok....I am warning you about my next symptom....it is very TMI, but apparently completely normal.

I have green baby poop for stools. And the smell and texture literally reminds me of baby poop.......bahahahhhhaha!!!! This is the funniest symptom I've got hahah!!!!

Ok enough grossness.....

Well I'm afraid I need to get up to go to work at least this week is short....and I can look forward to this weekend cuz hubby said we could go to this awesome restaurant! I'm super stoked!!!! It's Cuban food

TTYL!!!!

Oh I forgot to add something....

Yes, I have totally had pickles and icecream....together.....

It's not that I craved it, I just wanted something that would take my nausea away....and it worked!!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!

Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

May 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I'm so excited you are in your second trimester! I feel like the time is going really fast. I'm so excited to hear all about your symptoms!!
May 29th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Nerd
It all sounds so WONDERFUL! The ultrasound picture of your baby is beautiful!

1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
May 30th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Sam and Reba, you two are great girls for sticking with me....I miss you all so much.....I'm gonna talk about some things I have been thinking right now....

May 30th, 2013, 06:55 PM
13w3d

So this isn't going to be much of a preggo update except for this short paragraph, then I'm gonna talk about what I have been thinking about.

So anyway, just a short preggo update: my belly has popped a lil! It's a little rounder and a little firmer (good, I can get rid of that horrible looking flabbyness and replace it with a round baby belly ) I touch it allllll the time, and I am vain enough that I look at myself in every reflective surface, mirrors and otherwise, to see my silhouette....it's very surreal, and it still doesn't quite feel like this is happening. On one hand I can be rather nonchalant about it, and on another I am still in complete awe. I sometimes feel that prick in my eye like I want to cry about it I'm so happy.....

Foods I'm craving right now, or more or less agree with me: Jimmy Johns (to hell with listeria, I'm gonna have lunch meat....within reason), peaches and other fruits with pits (OMG!!!), apples, strawberries and other berries, mexican food (I think I have had my fill of Taco Bell though), frozen yogurt at night (for my raging heartburn and nausea), frappicinos.....okay anyway I know I said this was gonna be a short paragraph....on to my real topic....

So I think I have found myself complaining in my head and out loud about how hard pregnancy is (though I know it's gonna get harder the bigger I get!) and I feel like, sometimes, it gets in the way about being happy and grateful that I get to experience this. I feel almost cheated for all those years I agonized and pined to become a mother and feeling as if I would never get to be one, and all that worrying about medical intervention....I have NO CLUE about what women go through to have a baby. NO F'ING CLUE!!! I have NO CLUE what it's like to have a chemical pregnancy or a miscarriage. I have NO CLUE about what IVF is and Clomid and having a Dr look at your hooha every 5 minutes because they are doing one test or another....I have NO F'ING CLUE what it's like to have Endo or PCOS or anything else chronic. I don't even know what it's like to have an abnormal period.....My heart positively aches for the girls I left behind in TTC #1. It isn't fair that fate or God or whomever is up there lets those wonderful women go month after month, year after year without a BFP.

When I got my BFP, one of the first things I thought about was breaking the news to TTC #1. I felt like I hadn't yet earned a badge of some sort, as if my ttc wasn't long enough or hard enough. I knew it would be bittersweet for those wonderful women hearing such good news for a board member, but still wishing it was they who were making the announcement. I almost didn't want to say anything. I knew myself how hard it was watching my FB friends bear child after child and post about it, detailing their every move. I didn't want to inflict that kind of internal hurt on anyone else (Maybe that's why I tend to feel awkward talking about my pregnancy out loud very often....I don't want to be "that woman", though I know I talk about it often enough).

Putting this all into perspective, I will try not to take any of my rough symptoms for granted. I want to also copy down a post I made on the Dec DDC that I don't think anyone there quite understood. Anyway, here:

Title: My Retort to Mother Nature

So this is what Mother Nature said to me when I got pregnant:
"Well, well, well. So you finally did it. You're gonna get it now. I'm going to make everything in your house smell like death. I'm also going to make you hate all your favorite foods, and encourage you to eat poorly. Oh, and you know those lovely breasts you have? Yeah, I'm going to make them feel like you have needles in them all day long, and before long you'll feel like you have a couple of watermelons instead. And you know that really delicious sandwich you had for lunch? It's in the toilet now, hahaha!!! So, what do you have to say to me NOW?"

"Thank you."

G'night ladies and g'night little Newt

June 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Nerd

1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
June 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
14w3d

So not a whole lot to report this week....

I got a little bit of my energy back, enough to clean the kitchen (vacuum and mop and everything!). It was baaaaaad. We finally got our dishwasher fixed so I got the inspiration to clean .

So this week, I have been very tired at work again. I have taken to going to my car on my lunch hour and sleeping for 45 min....I fall asleep right away, and wake up dazed to my alarm, as if I had been asleep for hours. It feels nice, but it took me awhile to get back to my senses yesterday.

So another main symptom that is making work extremely difficult to cope with right now is irritation. I have been so short and to-the-point with people on the phone and on the radio (I work as a dispatcher) that it hurts me to think how ****** I sound. But we get so busy that it feels as if I have no chance to breathe, and I can't get a moment's rest to gather my thoughts.....of course, this might just be me and not baby irritation.

So, this morning I had Dr. appointment, and it was rather short (which was fine, I had to be at work) and sweet. She went over a few things with me about our genetic scan (which by the way I passed as "very low risk pregnancy" ), and talked about some of the symptoms I have been having (I will talk about them below ). Then, my favorite part, I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!!! The other times it was just a picture on the US, but actually hearing it...beyond words!!! S/he was at 148-152bpm (I have a sneaking suspicion it's a boy )

Also, just a little awesomeness here: I think.....I have been feeling him/her move a little! The other day I felt this tap tap tap on my abdomen, and another time I felt this slight, slight flutter. Some people describe it as gas pains, and I have had gas (gross) lately, but this.....this was different. It wasn't exactly like gas pains....it was....I dunno. It was just different. It was like having a little bubble pop in your stomach (I guess just like a gas bubble) but with no pressure on your bum. It almost feels like a little cramp even. I dunno.....but I know that it was him/her!!!!

So that has been an update on me so far, now to symptoms:

*Tired (as I said)

*Some energy

*Nausea and vomiting: So yesterday I just got really sick and threw up twice, and this was after about 2 weeks of not puking. I know it's normal, and Dr says normal also (totally not worried, but it did suck)

*Headaches: ugg, I was not looking forward to these out of all the symptoms. I can deal with anything but headaches. I literally am completely useless when I have a headache, not to mention frustrated and melancholy. I used to get migraines, but I hadn't had one for about a year, now yesterday and through today I had the worst pounding, throbbing headache. Dr says (and I already knew this) Tylonol is fine to take, up to 200mg caffeine, and a cold pack works when I can feel a headache coming on......so yeah, basically treatment for migraines. Old news in my eyes.....ugg....did I mention I hate headaches????

*Lightning crotch: So this hasn't been bad, just another affirmation of ole' preggo here! Some describe it as a piercing....ha! Believe me, I've got nipple piercings, and that's not it. It's like if you got kicked in the very underside of your crotch and the pain throb you have afterward....that's what it feels like.

*Frequent urination: I didn't really have this, or else I didn't notice a change from how my rhythm usually is, but I have noticed it's harder to pee. I have to push to get it all out, and usually it sounds as if I hadn't peed in months. My body is getting rid of excess moisture I expect (hurray for no bloat!!!)

*CM: So, yeah, cm is gross, and it's in abundance. At least it doesn't feel as if I wet my pants or anything, but it's definitely there!

*Nipple and breast pain: My breasts had calmed down for a time, they don't feel so achy now, but I do get these shots of pain that last for a few seconds every few hours.

*Bowel problems: So another tmi, but yeah, my butt hasn't decided whether or not to be free-flowing or dam up. Sorry, gross.

*Itchy belly: I'm starting to show a tiny bit, and my belly has started to itch a little.

*Appetite and eating: So most food just does not sound good to me, and every time I do eat something I've wanted, it feels like it's sitting in my throat, as if it didn't get to my stomach at all.

*Smells: Just a thought, it seems as if smells are calmer now. Either that or I just have gotten used to the smells around me that they don't really bother me much anymore.

*Cravings: Meh, mostly taco bell and mexican food in general. And peaches so glad they have been good so far this year! But today I got a craving for a hamburger patty+mustard....hmm sounds good!

*Stuffy nose and ears

*Irritability

Hmmm that's all I can think of right now----

Well see ya lata gata! I'm cold so I'm gonna take a bath

June 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Nerd
What a sweet update! I'm hanging onto every word. And that's so great that you got to HEAR the HEARTBEAT.

1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
June 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Mexican food craving = boy

Several of us grads had that... We all have boys

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 7th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Love the chicken pic! I can't wait to see what you are having! I bet Karin is right, you are likely having a boy.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Oh I hope so! I would really love to have a little boy!!! Mostly so I can name him after his uncle
The old wives' tale is if the heartbeat is low (mine hasn't been more than 150) a boy should be expected....omgsh!!! I can't wait for my 20 week scan!!!!!

June 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM
btw ladies....my tummy popped this week!!!

So here is 12 weeks:

And here is 14 weeks (what a difference two weeks makes!):

Jen@FirsAve and SmilingSam like this.

June 9th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just a quick update----

I'm pretty sure I am feeling the baby move around right now! Let's see that's 14w6d

Also, I'm watching Rugrats just for fun, and every time Tommy gets hurt or is sad for some reason I feel so maternal I wanna cry!!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

June 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What fun pictures!!!!! And that is an amazing U/S pic

So glad to hear you are doing well!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 10th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your looking great hun! that your feeling baby move!

Great to hear from you!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 11th, 2013, 05:31 AM
The pictures are adorable!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search