A journal for my little Newt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Nerd
Yay for belly pictures!
June 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
15w4d

Dear God.....what have I done....

So, I decided to go on JM cuz I haven't updated in awhile.....and I saw my ticker. And I saw someone's little scrolly thing that says "For Christmas I'm getting the best present: A Baby!"

....girls, it's starting to DAWN ON ME.....oh lord.....I'm going to have a BABY in 170-something days. WHAT DID I DO?! Well, we KNOW what I did.....you can only prove I did it once though hahah! Okay, enough bravado..............I just can't fathom it. I just can't do it!!! I look at all the places in my house I might put the baby when s/he is sleeping or playing or feeding....especially my bed. Can I really picture a baby there???? And as soon as December?.....I think of a car seat in my rear view mirror, a sun shade on the back window, and a baby staring at me from a rear facing mirror.....I think of all the music I'm gonna play in the car while I'm driving (more about that in a lil). I think of all the hours and hours I'm gonna sit just staring at my baby, trying to comprehend that s/he is really mine..........

This is going to be the hardest thing I will ever do.

Don't get me wrong....physically I'm up to the challenge, and even mentally. I've got books and books and books and the interwebs and plenty of moms who are ready with advice, wanted or otherwise. But emotionally.....can my emotions really comprehend all this---love? I just feel as if I try to think about it, I will literally spontaneously combust. Just like when I saw my ticker: "My nails are formed and you will soon tell if I'm a boy or girl!"....whaaaaat....you mean this baby is getting bigger??? You mean I am soon going to be responsible for another human being?!

So.....that's what I'm feeling right now, girls. It's pretty mind-blowing.

So, let's get to the practical, shall we?

It's symptom time!!!!

*Cravings: So right now, I'm thinking my cravings have settled on Mexican food (knock on wood). I can't get enough of the stuff! Last night, I had a sudden and powerful craving for a chimichanga from Acapulco (a Mexican restaurant here....they do it soooo good, they drown it in this white cheese sauce that's to DIE for). I posted on my facebook in all caps that I was dying for one and SOMEONE BETTER GO GET ME ONE or something like that....but then I realized there was one right by my house and I ordered out!!! I got there and I was salivating.....then I got home and I couldn't finish even half of one (and there were two!!!)

*Getting full fast: So kind of a continuation of symptom #1, I get full really fast. I can't eat like I used to. But I think that's a good thing....I'm afraid I'm gaining too much weight, and I won't be able to have a water birth (my midwifes have a weight limit). Also the food that I do eat never seems to all go to my stomach; it feels as if it just sits at the bottom of my esophagus.

*Heartburn: so this pretty much sucks, especially with all the spicy food I have been eating. I am making sure I have plenty of tums on hand.....and I'm running out fast....

*Side-sleeping: Ok, I'm a stomach sleeper, and it has finally become kind of uncomfortable to lay or sleep on my stomach now. I kind of cheat and do this half-stomach half-side sleep. It does feel as if I'm laying on a grapefruit

*Bad skin: argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pimples!!! I never had so many!!!!!! No amount of benziol peroxide gets rid of them either!!! They are here to stay.....

*Frequent and heavy urination: during the 1st tri I didn't think I peed more than usual, so now I really notice a difference. I pee as if I haven't peed in my life every time I go!!

*Movement: Okay....right as I'm writing this, I'm laying on my stomach (on the grapefruit) and I AM FEELING THE BABY! IT'S DEFINITELY THE BABY!!!!! S/he is doing this little punch and kick against my abs---this little tick tick tick pop pop pop.....I can't describe it! Yesterday, I decided to take up singing out loud in the car along with my iPod, and baby loves Gotye hahah!!!! The first time I sang in the car, I didn't feel anything until "Somebody that I used to know" came on (of course I know all the words) and I felt this definite punch near the bottom of my gut right above my pelvis I'm also singing "House at Pooh Corner" a lot, because that's what I plan to sing as a lullaby

*Vomiting: So this morning, I had to jump out of bed fast, because without warning I was ready to puke! Ugg, and it was bile.....the worst kind. My mouth has tasted like bile all day. Before, my body gave me plenty of time to get to a safe place to blow chunks, but lately I have barely made it twice! Wut up wit dat?!

*Constipation: 'nuff said. It feels like I'm packing a musket now whenever I eat anything. And along with that.....

*Hemorrhoids......yeah......it's a joy to sit down.

*Breast tenderness: Nope! None! I'm not afraid of someone coming within 10 feet of me now

So I thought I would end this with a little passage of one of my favorite book series, Anne of Green Gables. This passage is from Anne's House of Dreams. It's my fav cuz it's the day her first son is born a year after her first daughter dies a day after birth:

'One morning, when a windy golden sunrise was billowing over the gulf in waves of light, a certain weary stork flew over the bar of Four Winds Harbor on his way from the Land of Evening Stars. Under his wing was tucked a sleepy, starry-eyed, little creature. The stork was tired, and he looked wistfully about him. He knew he was somewhere near his destination, but he could not yet see it. The big, white light-house on the red sandstone cliff had its good points; but no stork possessed of any gumption would leave a new, velvet baby there. An old gray house, surrounded by willows, in a blossomy brook valley, looked more promising, but did not seem quite the thing either. The staring green abode further on was manifestly out of the question. Then the stork brightened up. He had caught sight of the very place--a little white house nestled against a big, whispering firwood, with a spiral of blue smoke winding up from its kitchen chimney--a house which just looked as if it were meant for babies. The stork gave a sigh of satisfaction, and softly alighted on the ridge-pole.'

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

June 19th, 2013, 08:45 PM
16w2d

Soooo....not a whole ton to report right now, except for the fact my belly has disappeared and I don't really feel pregnant anymore. Today in particular, my belly feels as flat as a pancake ugg....but yesterday I felt as big as a house I have no clue what's going on. BUT apparently it's normal....that time between losing morning sickness and feeling kicks.

I have (or I think I have) been feeling them, but I am waiting for that....moment....where I'm like, "Wow! Now THAT'S a kick!"

For the most part, I'm still in between feeling as if I'm going to totally freak out and being completely apathetic toward it all. The apathy is probably coming from the desire to let my husband see that this is not a big deal, that I'm as cool as a cucumber. I DO honestly feel that way, as if I was made to do this. All that reading I did for years about pregnancy did prepare me, in a way. I know people say it's one thing to read it and another to experience it. Umm....yes and no (for me anyway). Knowing, for me, is half the battle (ug that sounds super cliche). I'm sure emotions get in the way with the "experiencing" of it all, but, lately, aside from a few bouts of grumpiness, emotions have been at zero. I'm wondering when I will start really freaking out inside.....my guess is when I find out the sex....WHICH WILL BE ONLY IN A FEW WEEKS!!!!! I haven't scheduled it yet, I will do that at the next Dr. appt. I just HOPE I can schedule it before my trip out west with family at the end of July. I have this really great idea how to surprise my family.

So anyway, on to symptoms!

*Vomiting: (knock on wood) I haven't vomited this week yet, but it feels as if I'm about to most of the time....it's not nausea, it's just that my food seems to stick at the bottom of my esophagus, making my gag reflex ultra sensitive.

*Headaches: yeah, and now that it's humid here now with high pressure atmosphere they have been bad. Not migraine bad, but just really annoying.

*Breathless: I am constantly out of breath when I go up stairs and walk a long ways...joy. I feel like such a fattie.

*Bad skin: No amount of pimple cream or face wash is getting rid of these zits!

*Back pain/round ligament pain: yep I'm grouping these together cuz for me they have been hand in hand. I'm generally achy all over my pelvic region....it's not like a sharp pain and it's not as if I'm like, "yep that's a round ligament pain I'm feeling." No, it's more like just a general, moderately dull ache

*Fetal movement: As I said, I thought I knew what I was feeling, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call them real kicks yet.

*Frequent and copious urination: yeah....I pee like a race horse. Also, I actually find it beneficial to get up in the middle of the night to pee, because if I don't I regret it in the morning----I can barely get out of bed, and my belly looks HUGE, like two times bigger (no exaggeration).

*Bouts of sleepiness: during the day I get this urge to fall asleep on the spot, like a comical narcoleptic.

*Ear stuffiness: Yep no amount of ear stuff works....

*Grumpiness: Oh, I can get SO grumpy at times....and it makes me feel bad because that's not how I really feel.

*Cravings: I'm still on Mexican food yay! Also Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Malt-o-Meal style only please!) and milk

*Heartburn: So because of the mexican food, I have been getting baaad heartburn....but I take it like a man and bear it.

Well I can't think of anything else.....

G'night girls, and g'night Newt

Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

June 24th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Erin, good to hear an update. I'm sure theres no need to worry about your belly and that before you know it you'll be wishing it was smaller again!

Its so exciting that you've been feeling flutters!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for flutters! I agree with Jen and think there is no reason to worry about your stomach. If it is a worry you can't shake then I would mention it to your doctor.
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
June 29th, 2013, 09:09 AM
17w5d

Sorry I don't have time for a real update just now but I thought I would upload the collage I made!

I will update later today hopefully!!!
AshleyO likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Nerd
I love seeing your pictures! You look so great with that pregnant belly

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 30th, 2013, 08:22 PM
17w6d

Wow....I'm 2 weeks away from half way through this. It's getting intense. And along with that, today after I got home from spending 2 days with parentals, and after my husband and I got the car unpacked with all the baby stuff (more on that later), all of a sudden it hit me as it sometimes does, and I started to cry. We are having a baby. There will be a BABY occupying the room across the hall in 5.5 months. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and I told my husband that I was scared. Scared of labor, of the baby and all its....stuff, scared of....I dunno....everything.

Soooooo.....anyways before I get to how gross I'm feeling, lets tell you about what happened this weekend. Well not much, I went to my parents so my dad could fix my breaks, and I got a wake up call about my oil....I had none. F%$#@&%!!!! How could I be so STUPID!!!!! I KNOW I HAVE TO CHANGE AND CHECK MY OIL ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!! FML!!!! I could have been without a CAR!!!!! Oh....my dad was so mad.....OH! He was maaaaad!!!! I felt like I was 10 years old again, and I was being lectured on getting my homework done. Girls, I had to work SO HARD to keep it together. I tried not to be snotty, and I tried not to cry. But it was an effort.....but after awhile, my dad calmed down, took a shower (we were expecting my god parents for dinner at my parents that night), and he apologized for coming down on me so hard. I said, "I really appreciated having a 'come-to-mechanical-Jesus' talk." He laughed . My dad is the best dad ever....we are so much alike! One of the things we like is watching chick flicks together, and while we were waiting for the company to come, he asked if I wanted to start on "Fools Rush In". So we watched about 45 min in. Salma Hayek and Matthew Perry have a one night stand and he gets her pregnant (how fitting lol). But we had to stop the movie to greet my godparents. My godmother came up to me, gave me a big hug, then gave my belly a big hug and practically shouted, "HI BABY!!!"....I don't know if I felt uncomfortable or not. I certainly am obsessed with my belly, and I understand why other people could be too, but people being too close and intimate makes me claustrophobic. Oh well! So we had dinner (STEAK FINALLY!!!!! OMG IT WAS GOOOOOOD and its even better pregnant!!!!) and everyone else had wine (is it bad that I was craving a glass of wine? I wanted to have some really bad!) and we all talked about this and that until nearly 11pm (I was ready for bed around 9). So when they left, my dad asked if I wanted to finish the rest of the movie, so we did!....Okay, being pregnant myself, I now know how JACKED UP television and movies portray a pregnant woman and the pregnancy timeline. It was actually really hard to follow....So Salma Hayek's char was due in Oct...okay, she gets pregnant in January....okay....then she contacts Matthew Perry's char 3 months later...okay that brings us to....um...14 weeks pregnant at least. She is not even showing....okay...so they get married (vegas style) and move in together....then there's a montage of stuff, like a baby shower (um a baby shower at less than 20 weeks? What?? Never heard....)she's still not showing, then an ultrasound and all of a sudden she's huge! ***?? She's, like, showing in one scene, and not in another....okay....well, July 1st he ends up going back to New York, and she says she's going to have an abortion right before he leaves...at almost 6 months??? That doesn't make ANY sense. But after he leaves, then the timeline looks to be about normal: She is showing all the time, super cartoonishly huge, blah blah blah...finally he realizes he loves her and meets her back in Nevada on the Hoover Dam in the middle of the night in the rain, she gets out of the car, they make up, her water breaks, she delivers like 5 min later outside in the rain.....whaaat.....So if you ever want to be confused about pregnancy, watch this movie. It's cute of course, but **** did the writers get it mixed up!

ANYWAYS! So next morning, after I left my parents, I come by this house not far from theirs that has a ton of baby stuff in the driveway with a sign that says "Make me an offer". I slam on my breaks, call my mom to get her butt over there, and I call the guy. We agreed on $150 for everything. Okay, here's what I got (I've got pics with prices...some of the colors are a little different):

Chicco Pack n Play LX Retail $190

Chicco Travel System Retail $300 (Don't worry, the car seat doesn't expire until 2015)

Nature's Touch Cradle Swing (I have this exact model) Retail $150

Fisher Price Owl Bouncer (I have exact model) Retail about $30-$40

I also got a few other odds and ends, like a couple mobiles and a fancy baby gate and a rocking horse thing.....

All in all, I probably saved about $600 than if I bought all this stuff new. WHAT A HAUL!!!!!
The only thing I can think of that I have new is a t-shirt my mom bought at a cupcake place where we got our wedding cake from. THAT'S ALL!
My advice is DON'T BUY NEW (with a few exceptions)!!!!! Your baby will grow out of everything SO FAST!!!! You don't need the latest and greatest....that stuff is mostly for you anyway. The baby doesn't care at all! I'm thinking that they don't care at all until they get to be in kindergarden!!!!

Okay I have rambled enough....I'm gonna try to get some sleep....I have a Dr appt in the morning and I have to take a shower and do my hair...ugg....

Nighty night all!!!

July 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
So I wanted to do a quick update!

19w1d

Holy crap!!! I'm in my 20th week!!!!!! This is NUTS!!!!!

Just a quick update----I HAD THAT MOMENT!!!! The moment where you KNOW it's the baby kicking and not just "um maybe that was him/her...i dunno..." Saturday I was sitting with DH in bed we were just talking and hanging out. I sat up while he explained something on youtube he was watching, and the baby did an enormous *KICK* right in my lower right abdomen. It startled me! I smiled huge and I'm like "Holy Crap!!! Now THAT'S A KICK!" I was so happy the rest of the day.....

Now I can tell EXACTLY what a kick is and what's not. I know everyone says it's like gas pains....maybe some of them are, I can't differentiate the smaller movements yet, but the big ones are EXACTLY what they are: kicks. It's really hard to describe....You know when you go on a roller coaster and your stomach drops? It's almost like that but in a very acute place in your belly. It's almost like nothing on earth you have felt before. It literally is like feeling something moving inside....nothing else really truly compares. The closest I have heard it described is say you're holding a fish in a bag of water, and that fish is going crazy....it's like that but the baby is the fish. I can't feel anything (or at least I don't think I have yet) on the outside.

It's getting real. Seriously real......

July 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Nerd
great updates! I love that you scored all of the baby gear for cheap. We will be buying used, too.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
July 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You scored some pretty exciting baby gear yayy for feeling kicks how exciting. We need another belly pic update!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
19w2d

So today I'm gonna do a longer update....

So I thought I would clarify what the kicks feel like....I thought of a better way to describe them....it's like if you have a muscle spasm in your leg or something. I have actually had muscle spasms in my leg and arms sometimes and I'm like "oh that's the baby kicking" lol....

SO! Not an extraordinary amount to report, though I find myself babble on for pages....

Some things have calmed down as far as symptoms go, like breast tingling and pain and nausea and vomiting (though I do feel nauseous on occasion), but that was only so I wouldn't have to deal with too much while some new symptoms move on in:

*Heartburn: I have heartburn nearly EVERY day. It's not like the normal kind of heartburn either...I described what I was feeling to my midwife (it's like food is stuck in the bottom of my throat, and it just sits there but doesn't really burn) and she said that was heartburn definitely. So I have been feeling heartburn ALL THE TIME! Especially at night...

*Dizziness and loss of breath: I group these two together because they often have come hand in hand. I'll be standing and all of a sudden I'm like "holy crap I need to sit down or I am going to faint!" I'll feel faint also when I walk a little ways after sitting down for a long period of time. My husband suggested I take extra iron because it's taking longer to pump blood throughout my body.

*Frequent urination: I have to pee all the time! And it's not like I pee a lot either; it's often just a heaviness in my abdomen that I'm feeling (hmm must be something there )

*Cravings: The food cravings are calming down a little, right now I'm reaaaaalllly into Arby's roast beef, other than that nothing special.

*Hemorrhoids: yeah....I thought I knew what hemorrhoids were....I had no clue. They HURT......and bleed. It's so gross.

*Backache: I often wake up on my stomach still, which makes my back kill all day.

*Flutters: yep! I know EXACTLY when it's baby It feels so awesome and so reassuring!

*Bad skin: I have never really had terrible skin except for the brief awkward middle school years, and more recently the one huge zit that shows up right before AF. OMG ladies, I have VERY bad skin right now, and NO amount of washing or cream helps. It's literally all over my face and neck, and it ruins my day every time I look in the mirror.

*Stretch marks: now is the time, I think, women worry about getting stretch marks. I never remember not having any, so I don't worry! I only have white ones from old stretch marks from when I lost weight, so I'm not bothered by it. I just have to remember not to eat like a fatty.

*Showing: I thought this was funny...right away in the morning, my belly is HUGE and rock hard (under the layer of fat of course) I feel much farther along than I am, and I'm obsessed with touching it! At night (like right now for instance) my belly gets a lot smaller. I know it's only a matter of time where I wished I had this belly back. Also, I have noticed my belly button "leaning" to my right side...I think the bulk of him/her has nestled on my left side. I feel movement mainly on my right abdomen, so s/he must be feet down and kicking that way.

Well I need to get movin' I've got stuff to do!!!!

nighty night!

July 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
What a great haul!!! And a big yay for the baby kicks!!!!

12-10-10 2-6-12
July 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I had to be a real debbie downer.. but it's not safe to use a used car seat unless you know 100% it's never been checked on a plane, never been in a crash, never been put up on the top of a shopping cart and the straps have never been submersed in water. Think of car seats like used unwashed underwear... unless you trust the person who wore them, you don't buy them. Babies life isn't worth the savings.
AshleyO likes this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew&Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel&Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d, Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d, Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d, Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS, Insulin resistant
175mcg Synthyroid, 1500mg Metformin
Colposcopy = CIN1+CIN2 cells Polypectomy - August 21st
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity
Seeing MFI specialist/RE in 2015. Vitamins started August 2nd
Trying a few cycles of clomid and progesterone. FX this is all it takes.
July 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
Totally, thanks Ashley. I'm bringing the car seat to a certified "checker" or whatever they're called through my Dr. My midwife is totally on the same page as you are, so she recommended I go to her first before the baby goes in it

July 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
20 weeks 6 days!

MY BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT YET!!!!!

Just found out yesterday at a TOTALLY EMOTIONAL ultrasound appt. Right at the beginning the tech asked me if I wanted to know the sex, and asked if I had any intuitions one way or the other. Instantly I said BOY! And she pointed out HIS bits! "You're right!" she said, "He is ALL BOY! No question!" I about jumped out of the bed with excitement I was so happy! I always wanted a little boy!!!!
:bluec heer:

So I'm just gonna do a quick update I gotta get to cleaning....I've put it off for as long as I can:

My little boy (omg!!! I am so happy I can call him a HIM) has been really active, and I got to see him in action during the ultrasound. He flipped twice (unfortunately I couldn't feel it at all for some reason). Last weekend I was watching a movie with my mom and he was moving around a lot, so I looked down AND I SAW MY BELLY MOVE! TWICE!!! So my feelings on that were 'well of course that will happen!' and the other was 'omg, this kid is getting BIG'! CRAYZAY!!!!

So some symptoms:

*Hemorrhoids (they are literally ruining my life right now! Incredibly painful....and bleeding....yes I talked to my midwife and got some suggestions from her, but still....they ARE THE WORST PAIN YET!)
*Headaches and dizziness
*Near fainting spells (catch 22: if I take iron, I get constipated and bloated, but if I don't I get real light headed and tired)
*Occasional breast aches
*Hip pain
*Occasional round ligament pain
*Sleepiness (but that could come from the fact that I get up at 3am to pee and can't get back to sleep)
*Frequent urination (I didn't really notice it until now!)
*Constipation (lovely)
*Increased and decreased appetite (it comes in waves)
*Decreased cravings (I'm not really craving too much at the moment)
*Smells don't seem as powerful as they used to

GTG OFF TO THE POTTY!!!!!
SmilingSam likes this.

July 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love your announcement! So precious!
July 22nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a super cute announcement

So excited for you!!!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Yay! You are having a boy! I'm so happy for you!!!
July 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Congratulations on finding out you're having a baby boy!

12-10-10 2-6-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search