Ashton's Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By blueeyes25s
  • 1 Post By blueeyes25s
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam
  • 1 Post By Crystallee
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 01:32 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I can't believe I finally get to write a journal about my baby boy!!! Here is my birth story!

Sunday April 21st, DH and I decided to spend the morning in bed; we really didn't have any intentions of doing anything. Then we decided to go out any about mid afternoon to look for a shelf for our living room. We decided to put the TV on the wall a couple weekends before so wanted to replace our tv sta d with something more decorative. Anyways, while we were out I felt a couple random contractions. Nothing intense so I didn't think anything if it other than maybe BH, which I didn't get very often so I was like; I think I'm having a contraction and then went on. Later, I made dinner for Nate but I did not have much of an appetite which was very odd for me but we did pick up a pizza for lunch and just figured I was still full from that. Then about 7pm is when the contractions started up for me. They were not very consistent for the first hour but they continued for the next hour. Nate kept asking me, did you have another one yet? Are they 5 minutes apart yet? Lol. I kept telling him I will let you know when they become 5 minutes apart. So meanwhile I said to Nate, I'm not sure if this is the real deal but I'm going to shower and get a couple things done. I also cut Nate's hair since he was due for a haircut. So by 9:00 the contractions were much closer together and becoming more intense so I called the hospital to talk to doctor and at this time they were 3 minutes apart. They went from 7 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart. Part of me was wondering if this was true contractions or if my stomach was acting up from the pizza because I kept having to use the bathroom (sorry ). Anyways the doctor said to wait an hour and see how I was feeling and then come in. So DH and I sat down and watched an episode of House (we have been watching all the House shows in our spare time. So, I sat through that and the contractions were getting more intense and decided to go in. (While all this was going on, I kept texting my cousin and asking questions to find out if I was really in labor lol). So at 10pm went in. Once I got settled, I was checked by the doctor and she said I was 4cm dilated and 100% effaced and that I was in labor! Shortly after I was checked my water broke.

At the hospital they have a jucuzzi tub, I went in the tub to try to relax and hung out there for a while. Then I decided on wanted the epi, I was unsure because I do not do well with needles and had a fear of passing out during this process but I broke down and got it. Getting the epi was the worst experince throughout the labor process I had. First the doctor was a complete a**. I warned him I do not do well with needles and his response was "well I could just go back home and back to bed instead". Then after what he called the worst part of it was over he kept getting made at me because I kept tensing up because it felt so uncomfortable to me and of course I got extremely light headed and felt like I was going to passout. My heart rate dropped to 59 over I forget the other number so it was really low and the machine kept beeping. So the doc doing the epi said to nurses "can't you stop that beeping" in not a nice way. Eventually after the epi was done my heart rate went back up and I started to feel better. After I got the epi my contractions had completely stopped or according to the machine they stopped. Nate like watching that machine and would tell me another contraction was coming lol. So after the epi was in, we tried to get some sleep since nothing was happening but that was impossible. I later started getting the feeling that I had to pee and felt like I was going to pee the bed and everytime I got this feeling I would just shake... it was so odd so I called the nurse in and she said according to the machine I still wasn't contracting and was saying we may need to give me some piction (sp?) to get things going if things don't progress by 4. By 4:00 I was feeling so much pressure and just wanted to push, called the nurse back in and still no changes according to the machine but she decided she was going to check me and I was 9 cm dilated!!! The nurse was surprised so she said she was going to get the doctor and said by the time she got back I should be fully dialated. Well, the nurse came back and said he doctor has to do an emergency c-section and asked if I could wait to push. I looked at her and said no, I cannot wait!!! So they had to call another doctor in, I started pushing and 45 minutes later Ashton was born at 5:52; 8lbs 11oz. Btw...all the epi did for me was numb the contractions but I felt everything below my waist but I'm glad I did because I knew exactly when I needed to push and honestly pushing the baby it was not that bad, yes it hurts but nothing I couldn't handle. The stitches afterwards hurt more than anything!

I think I had a really good experince and everything for the most part went really smoothly so I am very grateful for that. However, I was very delirious afterwards and kept trying the wrong birth weight to everyone. Anyways next time I don't think I would get an epi and just breathe through the contractions.

The best part though out the entire L&D process there was not drama, yelling, or screaming. We both remained very calm and I think that made a huge difference in our experince.

So far everything has been going good at home. Now that the bfing is going so much better things have been so much less stressful oh and now that we haven't been getting visitors everyday makes a big difference.

Nate went back to work on Monday but I really have been doing fine with just Ashton and I during the day. Basically, we eat, change diapers, and sleep. I try to get in two naps a day and that has been helping me not feel overly tire. I also try to get a little housework in everyday so we don't get to far behind.

I do have to say Nate has totally impressed me when it comes to Ashton; especially since he has no experince with babies. He helps out with diaper changes, baths, he even got to bottle feed him expressed milk a couple times. The only time he does not help is night time feedings since I am nursing and he is back to work. I will soon need to get him on a bottle for when I go back to work . Nate also loves to cuddle with Ashton, it's so cute.

Ashton first doctor appointment after the hospital went good and then his 2 week appointment went well too. He was up to 9lbs 4oz at his 2 week appointment so he definitley is getting plenty to eat. Ashton has been like clock work and wakes up pretty much every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to eat on his own. Last night I feed him at 8:30 and had him to bed shortly after 9. I went to bed right away and I woke up at 1:30 and freaked out for a minute because Asthon never woke up to eat. I went in to check on him and be was fine and sleeping. He ended up waking up shortly after I checked in on him but then we were up until 3:30. It was a good night! I hope this is going to become a new thing for us . I seriously felt so refreshed sleeping from 9ish to 1:30; I felt like a I got a full night sleep.

I am enjoying my maternity leave but is going way to fast!

Time to catch up on JM! Happy Friday!
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

May 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Here are a couple pics from his two week photoshoot...

ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Nerd
He is precious! Congrats on a lovely birth.
blueeyes25s likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ashton is 1 month today!!! That past month went by so fast. Today I am having such a hard time getting out of bed. We were up until 12:30 last night with Ashton; we had such a hard time getting him to sleep and all he kept doing is crying. Then he was up at 4 and didn't get him back to bed until 7ish. So I wend back to bed and made myself get up at 11:30ish but of course got up for feedings in between. If I didn't make myself get up I think I would still be sleeping lol.

I am now working on getting Ashton on a couple bottle feedings a day and I pump at those time since he will need to be bottle feed when I go back to work. I do have a nice stash in the freezer already but I hope I will be able to keep up with his demands. He drinks about 5oz per feeding based on the couple bottles I have given him. I'm not sure if that's to much or right were he should be but I figure he needs to eat until he's full.

Well, since Ashton is sleeping I'm going to get to a bit of cleaning. Happy Wednesday!!!

May 22nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are going well! Your labor went so quickly! I wish my hospital had a jacuzzi, although I'm not sure I would have been allowed to use it since I was induced. Sounds like things are going well. That's great Nate is a natural with Ashton. He is so cute! 5oz is a lot at that point, but if that's what he wants to eat then I wouldn't worry about it. Are you taking a full 3 months maternity?

May 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Emmalyn eats about a 5 oz bottle of expressed milk these days when she takes one but like Robyn said, if that is what he wants, that is what he wants Sounds like overall your birth went super duper well Love reading birth stories. I think next time around depending on how it all goes we might try another local hospital that happens to have jacuzzis
blueeyes25s likes this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ya that seems like a lot but if he's hungry, let 'me have it!! Sorry about the sleeping troubles... It will get better. I remember not too long ago going through that phase.

I still need to post my birth story!

Happy 1 month Ashton!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for posting your birth story! This was a really great read....such a tiny cute little munchkin he is!

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

June 17th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Robyn...I'm only taking 9 weeks. Which means I go back to work one week from today . I have been dreading going back this entire time; it's going to be so hard.

I haven't been on much because its been hard to find the time. When I do find a little time, I have been just so tired. Ashton has been going through his crying phase for the past 4 weeks and its the worst in the evening. There has been a lot of nights were he didn't fall alseep until 2:30-3:30 in the morning and if he fell asleep sooner her would wake up shortly after I would lay him down and then the crying continues so I got to the point where when he would fall asleep I would lay on an incline on the couch and he would sleep on my chest. I am the type of person who stays in the same position that I call alseep in so I wasn't to worried about rolling on him. I don't like doing it because I still worry but we both need our sleep. Ashton has really been struggling with getting good naps. I left a message for the doctor and of course I missed his call back and he just recommends cutting dairy out of my diet and give him probiotics so that's what I am working on now. I got his probiotics today so we will see how that works. However, Ashton did have a couple really good days, the last couple days. He did not fuss all day long, I got more play time and similes from him, and last night he slept from 10-3:30, I fed him and got him back down about 4:15 and of course woke back up but then we went back to sleep around 6:30 and we slept until 10! It's 9:20pm and I actually feel pretty awake. I hope this is a sign of Ash getting out of this colic stage; even though I feel like he may have silent reflux. A couple reasons... One, he sounds like he's losing his voice and I know that is a symptom and two, he was crying all time and not sleeping well. I really hope the probiotics make a huge difference and we don't have to resort to any meds for him but if it doesn't work we will keep trying different options but I feel so bad for him when he cries and nothing works. We have taken him for car rides at night otherwise swaddling him up and walking with him seems to be the only other thing that works to get him to fall asleep but that can take a few hours. He won't take a pacifier either when I tried until Saturday when I discovered I actually had the Nuk brand; he seems to like those but he will only take when he wants too. Anyways we are making progress. I just really hope by Monday he will at least go to bed by 10 and sleep through most of the night. That would make me so so happy. I have no idea how my mornings are going to play out when going back to work seeing that it's hard to get my days started before noon but I'll make it work.

So Ashton is responding to us by smiling; it is the cutest thing ever!! He also sticks his tongue out at us when we stick our tongue out at him . It's all those little things that makes it all worth while.

I also spent an afternoon over by the babysitter's a couple weeks ago. She is very excited to watch a baby again and she also did some rearranging in her house to accommodate the baby. So sweet of her. I think she will be really good with him. I just hope Ashton is really getting pass his colicky stage for the babysitter's sake.

Other than the crying everything is going good. Bfing is going so good now, doesn't hurt, it just seems so natural now.

When do you start putting a baby on a schedule and how do you start a schedule?

June 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
That stinks that your maternity leave is so short. Glad the babysitter sounds good. I hope that brings you some comfort.

Sean came up with his own schedule, pretty much. I just watched his rhythms and go with that. I discovered that he sleeps 12 hours (give or take) at night, so I started doing bedime at 9am. He'll now wake up around 9-10pm. He is ready for his nap about 2-3 hours after he wakes up and I have started planning to put him down for his nap at 12:30-1. He's only been napping for about 30 minutes at a time lately, so after he wakes at 1/1:30, we play and then he gets another nap around 3:30/4. Just the past week or two I've started keeping him awake after 5pm.
blueeyes25s likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Yesterday was my first day back to work . It wasn't a bad day, just a hard day. The think the next couple weeks are going to be a challenge but eventually Nate and I will have things down. It's hard because never know what Ashton is going to be like at night and in the morning but the last 2 nights he did amazing. He was in bed by 9 both nights, Sunday he slept through the night and got up at 5am and last night he slept until a little after 3 and was back in bed by 4:30, the. He slept until I picked him up and put him in his carseat. That worked out pretty good. The babysitter said he did so good his first day and when I dropped him off this morning as soon as the babysitter picked him up he started smiling . It was so hard to leave a smiling baby but at least he looked happy.

Well...now that I am back to work I think the only time I will have to update here is while pumping at work so I may ended up posting small updates here and there.

Happy Tuesday.

June 25th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Nerd
You're a strong mommy! I'm glad the babysitter is working out. I'm even more excited that there is a possibility that you all are getting on a schedule.

1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
June 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Glad it went as good as can be expected. Yay for STTN!!!

June 28th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HI, I'm glad things are going well with the babysitter. You said it's hard to leave a smiling baby but just imagine how hard it would be if he was crying!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 7th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I cannot believe Ashton is almost 11 weeks already! Time is flying. When Ashton hits 3 months it's going to be bittersweet. I'm excited for him to get into the infant stage but going to miss the newborn stage. Although I really feel like be really isn't a newborn anymore. Ever since I started Ashton on the probiotics he hasn't had a crying fit but he still tends to fuss a lot; even after he's been changed, fed, burped, etc. I am really hoping he grows out of this as the 3 month stage. It has definitely been tiring doing everything we can to keep him from crying but at least we can comfort him and get him to stop unlike before. He also is not a good sleeper. He does sleep at least 6 hours a night and usually we can get him down between 9 and 10 so I'm happy about that. However, he did have a his first crying/screaming fit last night which was clearly do to gas but thankfully I was able to help him work it out and he didn't scream for hours. I took Ashton to the chiro because so many people swear by it but I didn't see a difference. I did take him 3 times and this is something that supposed to start making a difference almost immediately so I decided not to go back. I'll just continue to cut dairy from my diet and go from there.

I feel like I am still learning Ashton. When he is fussy I always have to try different things to see what will make him happy. It never seems to be just one thing sometimes he wants to go in the swing, sometimes he just wants to lay on th floor, or sometimes he just wants to be held so we just have to keep trying until he's content.

Ashton does smile at us a lot more when he is happy. I love seeing his similes. He is also grabbing onto things a lot more now. Toys, my shirt, my hair, and when we feed him a bottle he will even grab onto that as if he wants to hold it, it's so cute. He no longer likes tummy time either. He didn't seem to mind in the beginning but now he cries the entire time but from the sounds if it, a lot of babies don't like tummy time.

The babysitter is still working out good. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with her now after two weeks. He sounds like she takes good care of him. She has the 3 year boy she watches sit down and read to Ashton, and I guess he really likes Ashton and Ashton loves to watch Noah (the 3 year old). Noah has Ashton giggling at him . The babysitter gives me updates about what they did and different changes she noticing with Ashton. Such as he is starting to focus in on individual objects and he neck is getting so much stronger. So I'm glad I made the decision to go with her even though its still hard to leave him to go to work .

I took off Friday so I could have a 4 day weekend and spend it with my lo. We didn't do a whole lot, we spent the 4th by my mom's but we didn't go see the fireworks. We just did not want to deal with a crowd of people and I didn't know how Ashton would react to the noise but we will for sure to next year!

Next Saturday we have a birthday party to go too so my MIL will be babysitting. I'm kind of nervous because she smokes and she knows how much I like cig smoke and how I do not want any of it by Ashton. A couple she stopped in after work and she just smelled so badly of it but it didn't stop her from picking him up. I had to ask her to wash her hands (you would like it would just common sense). I just hate the fact that it's all over her clothes too and he's breathing that in .

Do any of you have family members that smoke? How do you deal with it?

Anyways...I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th and a wonderful weekend!

Oh....I almost forgot, Ashton got baptized last weekend too. All went really good

Last edited by blueeyes25s; July 7th, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
July 8th, 2013, 03:26 AM
I just wanted to share I think my cat Bella is becoming protective over Ashton. She's been hanging out in his room a lot more and this morning when I went to check on him she was laying in the floor, right below his rock n play he was sleeping in. She was still there when Ashton woke up. After I picked AJ to change him h started crying and she stood up and looked the rock n play but I already had him to feed him. It was so cute.

We do keep bringing the cats by him and had AJ pet the cats so they don't have to be afraid of him. Lol

Happy Monday everyone!

July 9th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Nerd
My mother-in-law is a heavy smoker, too. She even smokes indoors. In her closed up condo. It's terrible. The best advice I read was to ask your relative to put a blanket over their chest or lap or you can wrap baby in a blanket to help keep the smoke smell from transferring to baby. I'll be following closely to hear how if gods since I'll be crossing this bridge shortly.
blueeyes25s likes this.

1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
August 5th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Ashton is getting so big so fast!! He rolled over from his back to his belly a couple weeks ago for the babysitter. I had a feeling he was going to do it soon because he would sit and try and try and try day after day. It was so cute. Then once he did it, he lost all interest so he has not done it for me yet . I know it's early and he will do it again when he's ready. My thought is that once be rolled over and landed on his belly, he was probably I hate being on my belly so I was doing all this work for this to end up on my belly?? No thank you!! Lol. Now that he lost all interest on rolling over he now trys so hard to sit up. It's really cute. It doesn't matter where he is; in his bouncer, swing, car seat, and even in his bath chair...I don't like it when he tries to do it in the bath tub. I'm so afraid he's going to fall over and hurt himself.

We started putting him in the Bumbo chair two weeks ago and he loves it. I will only let him stay in it for about 5 min or so at this point, he can hold his head up really well but he still needs to strengthen his back muscles a bit better. Since he now loves to sit up I tried him in the exersaucer and jumperoo, he liked both of them but isn't very interactive with them, but it's early. I think he just likes them bec he gets to set up and can kick his feet up

Saturday night Ashton started fussing a bit because he was tired so I put him in his swing after feeding him to help him fall asleep. I don't remember what time this was but it was between 7:00-8, he feel asleep pretty quickly too. I just left him in the swing since we were up and figured he would be down for a short nap. Well the next thing I know, I wake up and it's 11:30 at night and DH fell alseep in the living room, I was sleeping in the living room, Ashton was still sleeping in his swing which is in the living . I couldn't believe it. I tried to wake DH up but he just stayed asleep. I got up to pump bec I was full! Then, I didn't want to move Ashton in fear of waking him up but I really expected him to wake up but he kept sleeping. Ashton ended up sleeping until almost 7:00 Sunday morning! I could not believe it!!! That is the longest he has ever slept! Woohoo! Last night he feel asleep and I him in his crib at 8, woke up a little before 9, I feed him and we were in bed by 9:30. It's 6:00 and he is still sleeping! I hope this is his new sleeping trend. I can get use to this.

I have to go get ready for work now. Happy Monday!

August 9th, 2013, 08:21 AM
My little peanut does not look like a new born anymore . I have the baby how does not like to sleep either! Yesterday he got 3-1 hour naps during the day and didn't go to bed until 10:30, woke up at 2 and got him back to sleep by 3 and woke up at 6:30. He doesn't always wake up during the night only here or there but I don't think he sleeps enough. He usually gets a good nap in, in the morning and the will nap 20 mins here and there in he afternoon. The babysitter and I have been trying to get him on a good sleeping pattern but you can't really make a baby sleep ya know? Yesterday she took A for a walk to the library and then to the park. They had a busy day so she thought just being out in the fresh air would help him sleep better...nope didn't make a difference. Hopefully he'll eventually adjust and start sleeping better.

Other than that he changes like everyday! It is so amazing to watch him. He now will pick toys up, play with them, he puts everything in his mouth except a paci which he just never took too. I tried it to help get him to sleep...what does he do, he takes it out if mouth with his hands and puts his fingers in his mouth lol. Silly boy.

We have a very busy weekend ahead of us, a lot going on but I have to get back to work now. Have a great weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search