Stef's Pregnancy Journal updated w/ birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I only come onto JM to read your updates. I am so freaking happy for you!!!
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.
July 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the cutest beans ever!!!
denalibear likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I never come on here anymore, having a one year old and being pregnant I never have the time, but I did hear your good news on facebook and I got a chance to come on today and read your journal. So happy for you. hopefully I will get to follow you a little more over the next few months
denalibear likes this.

August 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Christina! I miss seeing everyone I'm glad to hear from ya...

Tammy...I would love to see your little ones

Congrats on your pregnancy Becky! Thanks for checking up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImALittleTeaPot View Post
Hooray for the last class of the summer!!!! Hope it went well!

Could I please have more info on the prayer book you got? I think it's something I need to look into...
Class went great...thanks! here is a link to the book on Amazon Praying Through Your Pregnancy: An Inspirational Week-by-Week Guide for Moms-to-Be: Jennifer Polimino, Carolyn Warren: 9780830755776: Amazon.com: Books It has been really helpful so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSam View Post
Good save on almost telling your mom! That was a clever response. Time is FLYING! Can you believe we're already this far?
I know...it is so weird to be 10 weeks already...seems like yesterday I was complaining about time moving slow

Thanks so much for checking up on me ladies!!! I love yall so much

It has been a rough week...I was at a training this week and on Tuesday I went to the bathroom and when I wiped it was light pink. I called my doc and left the training early. Dr said everything looked great....she could see a little brown when she looked at my cervix....she said it could be from several things...did an ultrasound and the baby is measuring on time and the HR was 170....she didn’t think there was anything to worry about...just to take it easy and that I might have a little more spotting because she did see the brown when she looked.

Well I did have more spotting on Thursday...this time it was a brown color and more than the first time...I called and she said it was to be expected. I haven’t had any cramping or pains at all. She did refer me to a high risk doctor though...just to be on the safe side.

I have an appointment with the high risk doctor on Wednesday.

So two appointments - I have one on Monday with my OB...it was the one I had scheduled 3 weeks ago and one with the high risk doc...so I guess I will see our little squirt twice this coming week

Other than that not much else going on...still haven’t had the chance to tell family and it is starting to get on my nerves...hopefully this weekend.

I took my 10 week photo and i think I see a difference...it is slight. I know my jeans are too tight...I had to use a hair elastic to button them up this week. I found my measuring tape and I have gained an inch around my waist.

August 2, 2013
10 weeks 1 Day
  • Weight: 127
  • Waist: 34
  • Mood: feeling good...was a little nervous about the spotting...praying everything is great
  • Energy: I have more energy during the day....i start dragging around 4 and I am in bed asleep before 9
  • Appetite: getting better...I can hold food down better in the first half of the day...I can’t really stomach anything after 4
  • Cravings: plums...I have been eating tons of plums.
  • Morning sickness: it has gotten better the last few days....Monday - didn’t get sick....Tuesday - on got sick twice....Wednesday - sick a few times...Thursday didn’t get sick....Friday - got sick this morning
  • Symptoms: tired, icky off and on, throwing up off and on, constipation is getting better

Last edited by denalibear; August 2nd, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
August 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omg I LOVE your little baby!!! do you have any feeling if its a boy or girl? Im going to say boy! based on the hb! sorry you didnt get to tell your mom! hopefully you get to this week!!! EEK Im just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you Stef!

and ditto to Christina! I only come on here to check on you!!! I wish you had facebook so we can all talk!
denalibear likes this.
August 2nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the spotting goes away soon!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
August 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Jessica at first I was feeling girl....but now I'm leaning more towards boy...it doesn't matter to me as long as the squirt is healthy.

Thanks Caitlin....no spotting today...hopefully it is gone now.

Well Scott just called and he has to go to Dallas for work on Sunday and will probably have to stay the week I'm really bummed b/c I really want to tell my parents...I feel so bad b/c my friends and coworkers know.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Quick update

Had a great visit yesterday DH didnt have to go out of town so he was able to go with me. It was so cute...while DH was taking a picture of the screen...Squirt started waving a little arm...like saying "HI Daddy" Squirt was a little wiggle worm...it was so cute.

HR was 168 and I was measuring 10w 1d which I should have been 10w 3d...but my doc said that was normal.

I have been feeling better...eating a little more...but still find it hard to drink anything at all...liquids are not my friend right now.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my high risk doctor...I have no idea what will come of it...i will find out tomorrow.

We will totally be going to Houston this weekend...I cannot wait any longer...DH promised we would go Saturday.

Here is a pic of our Squirt...

August 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Such a beautiful baby!
denalibear likes this.

12-10-10 2-6-12
August 9th, 2013, 11:44 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Awww, I can't wait till you journal about telling your parents. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you!! Hey you're almost into the 2nd trimester!! Your little one is adorable!! Are you finding out the gender or staying Team Green?
denalibear likes this.

August 13th, 2013, 01:07 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Stef- wow you are almost out of 1st trimester! How are things going for you?
denalibear likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww great update!!!!

How was the high risk doc appt? Hope you had a good time in Houston!!!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awwwwwwwwwwww I Love your cute little squirt!!! I cant wait for you to tell your mom!!!
denalibear likes this.
August 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Momma*2011~ View Post
Awww, I can't wait till you journal about telling your parents. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you!! Hey you're almost into the 2nd trimester!! Your little one is adorable!! Are you finding out the gender or staying Team Green?
Aww...thanks girlie. We are totally team green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydensMomma View Post
Stef- wow you are almost out of 1st trimester! How are things going for you?
I know right time is just flying by...I'm feeling better...still not perfect but...much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momology View Post
Awww great update!!!!

How was the high risk doc appt? Hope you had a good time in Houston!!!
Thanks chica...we had an amazing time in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Paradise View Post
awwwwwwwwwwww I Love your cute little squirt!!! I cant wait for you to tell your mom!!!
Thanks girlie...it was amazing I actually cried

First, I just wanna say thanks to everyone who checks up/follows my journey....I feel so loved and supported....I love my JM sisters!

Wow... I really need to update

My appointment with the high risk doc went great...baby is doing great and my tests came back fabulous
I also met with my endocrinologist about my thyroid and all my labs came back spot on

We went to Houston last weekend to tell family. It was so amazing

We gave my mom this key chain for her bday

The beads are the birthstones for my dad, brother, sis-in-law, and emerald for DH and myself. She opened it and was like..."I love it thank you". Then Scott said..."was the card in the bag" I said "oops...forgot to put the card in the bag". I gave her the card that said

I had taped a purple bead inside the card

"Need to add one more bead...
Baby C's birthstone"

I have never heard my mom scream so loud and long before in my life. She jumped out of the chair and started dancing/running towards me and crying . It was incredible. My mom started screaming she didn't read the card out loud so my poor dad was like "what is it....what is it" my mom finally shouted "thank you Jesus...we are going to have a grand baby"
My dad started crying...it was the most amazing experience...I am so thankful for such amazing parents.

We also went to tell my meemaw and aunt, uncle, and cousins.

We gave my meemaw a birthday card that had an ultrasound photo in it and I wrote..."can't wait to meet ya great grandma...see ya in February"

My aunt and meemaw screamed just as loud as my mom...it was precious.

We called my brother and sis-in-law....they were out of town....my sis-in-law...squealed...and said she had to start planning a baby shower.
We also called my grandparents since they live in another city...they were absolutely thrilled.

We didn't get to go see DH's parents...we ran out of time...Scott wanted to wait and call them when they would both be at home...so we are going to call them today and then call his sister and husband.

Squirt will be the first grand baby for both sides....so this LO will ce spoiled by aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

I have been feeling much better...I usually eat toast for breakfast, a granola bar around 10, lunch around 12 and usually popcorn for a snack around 3.....I don't really have an appetite after 3...food doesn't sound good in the afternoon at all.
My stomach has shrunk...I cannot eat a lot for lunch...very small portions.

I think I have a little bit of a bump showing...what do y'all think?

Constipation...is a huge problem for me...I have tried everything....
I can't wait to start feeling Squirt move....sometimes...i think I feel flutters but I don't know if it is gas...hopefully within the next couple weeks while it will be obvious.

August 18, 2013
12 weeks 2 Days
  • Weight: 129
  • Waist: 34
  • Mood: Yahoo for 2nd trimester!
  • Energy: I have more energy during the day....i start dragging around 4...lately I go home and lay on the couch...take a nap and go to bed around 8
  • Appetite: getting better...I have been able to eat more veggies. I can hold food down better in the first half of the day...I can’t really stomach anything after 4
  • Cravings: popcorn and grape juice this past week
  • Morning sickness: better...i am nauseous throughout the day...it comes and goes. I don’t throw up every day...I have gotten better at keeping my food down
  • Turn offs:nothing chocolate...yuck…I don’t want sweets, no beef or pork, I can eat chicken sometimes
  • Symptoms: tired, nauseous , constipation is getting bad again, boobs are growing, having trouble getting comfy when I sleep…I usually wake up around 2 and fall back to sleep around 3
ZaydensMomma and AshleyO like this.

Last edited by denalibear; August 18th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
August 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better! I love love love their reactions!
denalibear likes this.

12-10-10 2-6-12
August 19th, 2013, 09:11 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just in tears reading how you told your family I think that is so so great!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad everything is going well
denalibear likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Love your families reactions. I hope you are able to get your appetite back soon. oh and YAY for Team GREEN
denalibear likes this.

August 19th, 2013, 04:36 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww! Such wonderful reactions from your family!!! I'm glad things are going well. For the constipation start taking colace. It is a lifesaver.
denalibear likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
August 20th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tears over here too! I love how excited everyone one was - especially your mum!

I'm glad your appetite is improving, at least in the first half of the day. Sorry that the constipation is still giving you hell. Perhaps it will improve as your diet returns to more 'normal'. Personal question I know...but do you have any problems with gas? I am so gassy at the moment, belching all.the.time, its gross!

I cant believe your 12 weeks already, it seems only 2 minutes ago you got your BFP!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved reading their reactions. So happy for you : )
denalibear likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search