Stef's Pregnancy Journal updated w/ birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2013, 10:41 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry ladies...I didn’t realize how much time as flown by

I cannot believe I am almost half way there!!!! Things have been super crazy...between work kicking my butt, grad school...tons of papers, study groups, projects, and presentations....family in town...I haven’t had any down time.

Okay let’s see....we have had a full house the last few weekends...friends and family coming into town...it won’t let up for another 3 weeks...this weekend we have friends coming into town...the weekend after that my parents....the weekend after that my brother and sister-in-law...so it is crazy busy.

My class for grad school is very demanding....tons of assignments....too much to do and so little time.

I am mentoring a new teacher this year...I feel so bad for him....he is trying so hard...but the students at my school are a handful you either sink or swim when teaching at my school...I’m afraid he is sinking and I am trying so hard to help save him.

Now the fun stuff!!!! BABY

If you look at my belly pics on the first page...you can see that I have really popped....you can tell im preggo when I have clothes on...I love it!!!! I will take some pics with clothes so you can see.

I had an early anatomy scan on Sept 17...it went great...Squirt was all over the place I have a pic of Squirt in mid flip

It makes me smile every time I look at that pic....
They also took blood for the maternal 21 test...the results came back great...Squirt looks healthy!!

I felt movement last week...it felt like butterflies below my tummy...it was so amazing...they lasted until I shifted my position then I couldn’t feel it any more...on Saturday I started feeling them again while i was laying on the couch...but again when I changed position they stopped....

I was so sick on Saturday night....I started throwing up around 8 and threw up every hour until about 5:30 Sunday morning. I tried to go without zofran on Saturday...it worked until the evening...then i started feeling so sick....I guess I still need nausea meds....still felt yucky on Sunday...because I felt so bad on Saturday night.

I haven’t felt any more flutters after my getting sick...it has me worried b/c I thought once you started to feel movement...it should start to be regular...I didn’t feel anything on Sunday or today??????? Any ideas...is this normal?????? Is it still a little early to feel movement regularly?????

We found the nursery set we want....
Simmons Madisson Crib n' More - Black Espresso : Target

My parents and DH's parents are going to buy the nursery furniture for us...which is great b/c the set we both fell in love with is $$$$$.
We registered for baby stuff...I am getting so excited to almost being half way there.

My next appointment is October 7...we should find out what our csection day is going to be or at least have a ball park.

September 30, 2013
18weeks 4 Days
  • Weight: 136
  • Waist: 35
  • Mood: pretty great...time is flying by
  • Energy: pretty high...feeling pretty good
  • Appetite: appetite is great...still cant eat chocolate....give me salt sour, or tart
  • Cravings: apple pie
  • Morning sickness: still have to take Zofran to keep the nausea away
  • Turn offs: cat food...I cannot stand the smell of cat food...it makes me feel sick
  • Symptoms: using the bathroom a ton!!! feeling some movement, nails are growing like crazy, moody...I cry at the Cheerio commercials

Last edited by denalibear; October 5th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
October 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry at all about not feeling regular or consistent movement yet. You've still got time till that can be expected. I went in for a checkup because I hadn't felt Joseph move in a few hours, turns out he had flipped around and was facing my back. When he faced my back I felt nothing. In a few days I'm sure you'll feel baby fluttering around again.
denalibear likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cried at pampers commercials! That lasted a year lol.
denalibear likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update hun, thats a cute picture - doing a somersault!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the update!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
October 17th, 2013, 07:43 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
such a great pic!!!!!!!!! How are you doing now? Any update??
denalibear likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Well it has been a while....I've been so busy with work, grad school, and getting ready for Squirt.

Grad school has been kicking my butt and this school year at work has been the worst....kids out of control and staff moral is so low...I'm counting down to February b/c I don't think I can make it to June.

We haven't had much time on the nursery due to having company almost every weekend....but we won't have anyone next weekend so we should be able to get a good start on it.

I've been ordering and buying stuff though....I will have to take pics of everything when I can find the time to lay everything out

I had an appointment with my OB on Oct 7....it went great....she listened to the heart rate...148....measured my tummy and she said all looks great. Still no csection date set yet...should find out at my November appointment.

I also had an appointment with the high risk doc on oct 14 and got to have an ultrasound...I am so in love with our little Squirt....it is the most amazing thing to watch all the movement on the screen. I am so in love. I told her that I haven't felt a lot of movement and she said that was normal for a first time mom...she also said b/c of where my placenta was...it would take a while longer.

Here is a pic of squirt

So sweet...I am over the moon excited to meet squirt in February

I've been feeling some movement...it depends on my position. It feels so amazing...I can't wait to feel it more often.

My tummy is growing...I love it... I wore my maternity clothes for the first time....yahoo.
Here's my tummy at 20 weeks

I need to take a pic of my tummy with clothes on for 22 weeks...I missed 21 weeks

Octobe 26, 2013
22weeks 2 Days
  • Weight: 142
  • Waist: 35
  • Mood: getting ready....over half way done baking....so excited
  • Energy: tons of energy...nesting h started
  • Appetite: doing great...snacking throughout the day...nothing sweet...just carrots, nuts, and dried fruit
  • Cravings: salad
  • Turn offs: sweets
  • Symptoms: gas gas and more gas wearing maternity clothes , peeing when I laugh or cough,
Mrs.Paradise and AshleyO like this.

Last edited by denalibear; October 26th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
October 29th, 2013, 07:05 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS Stef!!!!! I was on here doing a little bit of journal stalking, and was OVER THE MOON to learn of your pregnancy!!!! I immediately started tearing up with happiness! Can't wait to see pics of your little one! You deserve this so much!!!!!!!! SO happy for you girl!!!!!!!!
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; October 29th, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
October 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Getting so excited for you!
denalibear likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
November 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hey Andrea!!!! So glad to hear from ya!!!! Congrats on expecting #2!!!

Thanks Ashley!!! Thanks for checking up on me....I’ve been following your journey girlie...I have got everything crossed for ya that your BFP will be here ASAP!!!!!

It has been a really long week...work is so crazy. I got so tired of the chaos at work yesterday and I’ve been trying really hard not to let the stress get to me...but yesterday I had to close my classroom door and put my head down on my desk to calm down. I will not let my job jeopardize Squirt...if things don’t start getting better...I will have to leave my work.

Grad school is going well....I cannot believe I am almost done I only have 3 more classes before graduation!!!! I really like one of my classes right now...very helpful and informative.

Squirt is doing great. I am feeling movement like crazy...tends to be more active at night...DH has tried to feel movement...but when the kicks are hard enough to feel from the outside DH isn’t around. I cannot wait until he can feel the movement.

We found the perfect chair for the nursery...we got a great deal on it. I didn’t want a usual nursery rocker...I wanted something that was a recliner/rocker and we found the perfect one at JcPenny. They should be delivering it sometime today.
We are going to start putting the cradle together today. I cannot wait to see...what it looks like. Here is the one we got from Amazon....
Amazon.com: babyletto Bowery Bassinet, Espresso: Baby

We still have a lot to do to get the nursery ready...I will take before and after photos.

I have a nice stash of baby stuff already: crib and dresser( they are on order), nursery chair, I have all the bedding (just need the crib mattress), closet organization, cradle and mattress, 30 cloth diapers, diaper bag, variety of toys and stuffed animals, gender neutral clothes, blankets and a few other odds and ends
here is a pic of a few things...

Our chair for the nursery....we put it in our room for now b/c Squirt will be sleeping in our room for a bit

I cannot believe I am less than a week away from 24 weeks...I was reading my pregnancy calendar and I am only 4 weeks away from the 3rd trimester

My sister-in-law is throwing me a baby shower on Dec 1...she made the invites and they are the cutest things ever. Seems like time is just flying by so fast now.

I totally look preggo in clothes now...my tummy is growing my belly button was once an innie...but it started to pop out last week

November 2, 2013
23weeks 2 Days
  • Weight: 144
  • Waist: 36
  • Mood: thrilled and excited....every time I feel kicks...I get so happy
  • Energy: Loads of energy....ive been cleaning the house like crazy
  • Appetite: i snack throughout the day and I eat small meals...too much food makes me feel sick
  • Cravings: no real cravings lately
  • Turn offs: sweets....tried to eat some halloween candy but it made me sick
  • Symptoms: constipation has returned....yuck...ive upped my fiber intake to try and help, belly button popping out, leg cramps at night are painful....ive been eating bananas which has helped.

Last edited by denalibear; November 3rd, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
November 4th, 2013, 06:28 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cant believe that you are almost at viability!!!
denalibear likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 06:17 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look amazing I am so glad everything is going well!!!!

Huge congrats on almost being done with grad school!!! Such an exciting time for you
denalibear and AshleyO like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

November 5th, 2013, 10:49 AM
YOu finally look preggo!
denalibear likes this.
November 6th, 2013, 08:33 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad things are going well for you Stef!
denalibear likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw!!! Thanks for following me girl! As if things couldnt get crazier, someone totaled my car that I just got back from the other accident DH goes to swear in for the reserves next wednesday.

You seem like your getting along just fine darlin. Sorry about the job. Nothing is more important right now than Squirt. A job is replaceable.

How exciting is the baby shower going to be?!?! Yea! Hope Squirt gets spoiled like crazy. Putting stuff together has got to be fun. Love the chair! You look great. I bet the next couple of weeks your really going to pop!
denalibear likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
November 7th, 2013, 03:54 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Lookin good, Stef!
denalibear likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
November 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for checking up on my ladies I dont know if I would have made it through everything without y'all!!!!!

Viability!!!! Yahoo!!! I cannot believe I am already 6 months preggo. Time is going by so fast and I am so in love with being pregnant.

So far this pregnancy has been amazing...I was sick in the beginning (but it was totally worth it) but other than it has been great. I pray every day that until February everything goes just as it should.

This weekend we are going to be moving stuff around trying to clear space in the living room, kitchen, retreat, and guest bathroom to start making room for Squirt.

I want to clear space in the cabinets for bottles, bowls, spoons....for Squirt. We are going to put in a bin shelf from ikea in the retreat for toys, clear out the cabinet in the guest bath for bath stuff.

I had an OB visit on Wednesday and everything went great....got to hear the heart beat and she measured my tummy.

I am feeling Squirt move A LOT more....tends to be still more during the day and very active at night. My OB said that is because during the day my moving around rocks the baby to sleep and when I lay down when I get home from work...they are active.

I haven’t felt any ouch kicks or punches yet....but I can tell what position Squirt is in...which is usually kicking my bladder

I forgot to take a pic this morning....so I will take one when I get home.

November 8, 2013
24 weeks
  • Weight: 146
  • Waist: 36
  • Mood: fabulous....ready to get the nursery done
  • Energy: energy is still going strong...I’m just emotionally drained from work
  • Appetite: still snack throughout the day...usually toast and OJ for breakfast, a banana for morning snack, lunch changes every day, apple for a snack, sesame sticks for a snack, nuts for a snack, and something different every day for dinner.
  • Cravings: none
  • Turn offs: sweets are still yucky
  • Symptoms: sore around my belly button...dr said that was normal. leg cramps at night
Mrs.Paradise and AshleyO like this.

Last edited by denalibear; November 10th, 2013 at 05:30 AM.
November 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just saw your latest bump - goodness, you have the best preggo belly
and hooray for viability!
denalibear likes this.
November 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I agree ^. You look so cute pregnant! Your belly is adorable!
denalibear likes this.
November 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Great updates! Do they have an idea on gender?
denalibear likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search