Stef's Pregnancy Journal updated w/ birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Sorry just peeking in after a while. Been busy with a newborn.

I agree with the other ladies, you have a great bump!! So cute!! I can't believe you are so far along already.... .didn't you just find out!?!?!? Time does fly!

I hope your baby shower goes great!! And the stuff you already have for squirt is adorable!! so glad that all of the appointments are going well. Hearing that heartbeat will NEVER get old!!
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.

November 30th, 2013, 07:09 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
just saw your latest bump - goodness, you have the best preggo belly
and hooray for viability!
Thanks girlie...nobody believes me when i say how far along i am. Do I see a preggo ticker in your siggie!?!? so happy and thrilled for y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebblesbuddy View Post
Great updates! Do they have an idea on gender?
Thanks ....we decided to be on team green...it has been so hard not knowing...but I think it will be worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Momma*2011~ View Post
Sorry just peeking in after a while. Been busy with a newborn.

I agree with the other ladies, you have a great bump!! So cute!! I can't believe you are so far along already.... .didn't you just find out!?!?!? Time does fly!

I hope your baby shower goes great!! And the stuff you already have for squirt is adorable!! so glad that all of the appointments are going well. Hearing that heartbeat will NEVER get old!!
Yahoo on taking care of Carter...I can't believe he is already a month old.

Well time is flying by so fast.....tomorrow is December

Time is getting close....and we are no where ready for Squirt. I'm in the double digits of time left

Lets see....DH felt Squirt kick for the first time....his face was so cute when he felt the kicks

Our yellow lab, Denali, felt Squirt kick....I was sitting down and she came and put her head on my tummy and all of the sudden Squirt gave a real big kick right where her head was laying....she jumped back from me and looked at me with a face like...."what was that". DH and I laughed like crazy.

We had a great dr visit ...Squirt's heartrate was 138 and weighs 1.8 lbs. we got some cute photos...

I have been so tired lately and I have been feeling sick again....like I felt during the 1st trimester. I feel icky a lot....even taking zofran still.

squirt is moving all over the place....I've been feeling some ouch kicks I was giving a lecture to my students and Squirt gave me a hard kick and I jumped

No body believes me when I tell them I only have 87 days left....my belly is still small....I should have a lot of growth coming soon....I know Squirt will need the room

We put up some of the Christmas decor including the tree....next year we will have a little one for Christmas : heart:

We haven't started the nursery yet...probably wont be able to start it until January...DH is having surgery and won't be able to lift anything for 4 weeks....so I will have to be patient...and look at the baby furniture sit in boxes.

We are having our first baby shower tomorrow....I'm excited to see all of my family....I hope we are able to get everything home

I will post pics next week.
Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving break.
Mrs.Paradise and AshleyO like this.

December 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope your shower went well and that you start feeling better soon!!
denalibear likes this.

December 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Aww, love Denali's reaction!! That must have been funny!!

So glad you are feeling movement, isn't it the best!! I hope you got everything for your shower!!
denalibear likes this.

December 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww it sound like everything is going well!! So exciting that you are feeling movement Cant wait to hear about the baby shower!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry I haven't been on in forever!!! WOW look at your cute belly!!! I LOVE IT!!! love everything you have picked out too! super cute! I cant wait for February now!!! hope your shower was AWESOME!
denalibear likes this.
December 4th, 2013, 09:21 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
super cute bump, can not believe that you are already 3rd trimester...where has the time gone?/

unfortuantely, I'm having another ...I have two perfect ones that I'm reaally thankful for though, so it putts things in perspective...
denalibear likes this.
December 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies!!! Things have been crazy the last week...all the travel and then going back to work, Scott's surgery....tons going on.

Yahoo for the third trimester!!!! Less than 80 days to go!!!!!! So excited!! Squirt is very active and I love watching my tummy move when Squirt moves around or kicks....it is the most amazing thing ever!!!

latest pic of Squirt 24 weeks 4 days....I should get another pic on Tuesday at my doc visit...

The baby shower was amazing. We were able to see so many people that we havent seen in years. It made me realize how much I miss living in Houston. I have some pictures from the shower that I took of the theme...but I totally didnt get any of me or DH and I dont know if anyone else took any??? Oh well....

The theme was under the sea because of the nickname Squirt from Finding Nemo...it was super cute

Here are a few pics that I took...

Here are some pics of the gifts we got...some are still in Houston because we couldnt fit everything in our car with the dogs...I will list everything to help me remember everything so I can then write it all down in the baby book...

The things we had to leave at my parents house:
A ton of clothes...I didnt realize I would get so many clothes for a team green baby
Britax B Safe infant seat and extra base
snugabunny cradle swing
Babybjorn travel crib
4 crib sheets
diaper changing pad and extra covers
sleep sheep
medela hands free double breast pump
Dr. Browns glass bottles
osocozy cloth diapers
boppy nursing pillow

We also got gift cards that we will use to buy the stroller, bouncy seat, and baby monitor later.

I will have another shower from work and Im hoping everything else we need will get from that shower. Really the only things left are small stuff.

I had my 1 hour glucose test and I failed I dont know how I could have failed because I havent been able to eat anything sweet since I found out I was preggo?!?!?!?! I have been eating healthy mostly organic foods...sometimes I cheat and stop and get tater tots from Sonic....I dont drink any sugary drinks....they make me nauseous....I cant even stomach ginger ale???? Even at my shower and Thanksgiving....I couldnt even eat my favoirate holiday treats because just looking at them made me nauseous. My levels were 139 and apparently the cut off is 135 :***: So I have to take the stupid 3 hour test and if I fail it I have to change my diet????????????????????????/ I asked my doctor how I could possibly change my diet. I eat mainly organic whole foods....veggies and fruits, organic baked chicken....still cannot eat beef or pork...I dont eat a lot of carbs...I will eat crackers if my stomach gets upset...but not a lot of breads....I do eat a lot of organic brown rice and oatmeal....the only sugary drink I drink is OJ because it is tart to me not sweet. She said we would have to wait and see then. I feel fine I havent had any symptoms of GD....so whatever...I will take the stupid 3 hour test and if I fail...Im not changing anything....I am eating healthy, drinking lots of water, there is NO history of diabetes in my family anywhere, Ive only gained 15 pounds so far, I get plenty of exercise between work and walking the dogs, and I feel great...other than being exhausted when I get home from working.
Okay that was a long rant....sorry....just frustrated!!!!

DH had his surgery to fix his acid reflux....he cannot do anything for a week and will not be able to lift anything over 10 pounds for 4-6 weeks....he is doing great now....just have to keep an eye on him...he will try and do things he shouldnt.

I have an appointment with my high-risk doc on Tuesday and will get to see Squirt. Time is flying by...we havent started the nursery yet...hopefully in January we can get it done. My Parents are going to be here next weekend to bring all the stuff we left with them and they are going to help clear out the guest room.

Work and my grad school program are kicking my butt....I am so glad I am almost done with both!!!!!

December 7, 2013
28 weeks 4 days
  • Weight: 151
  • Waist: 37
  • Mood: great....time is flying by!!!
  • Energy: get super tired after a long day of being on my feet and dealing with students
  • Appetite: able to eat...cannot eat a lot because I feel full very fast.
  • Cravings: black eyed peas, steamed spinach, and steamed cabbage....they are so yummy to me right now.
  • Morning sickness: still have to take Zofran to keep the nausea away
  • Turn offs: sweets are still yucky no beef or pork
  • Symptoms: leg cramps at night but they are getting better, hips hurt from sleeping on my sides all the time, tired, creamy discharge, peeing all the time, gassy...but I think that is from eating all the cabbage
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Last edited by denalibear; December 7th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
December 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cute shower!!!!
December 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little late to the party but wanted to say congratulations!! I am so happy for you!
denalibear likes this.
December 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are going so well! If you can find anyone to help, get the furniture out of boxes and the drawers open asap. I was shocked at how strong the smell was. It should be aired out for a few weeks before baby is in the room or the drawers are used.
denalibear likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hi Stef! Glad to hear things are going mostly good. Boo to the GD test
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
December 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow your shower looks amazing!!!!! That is such a cute theme and all your stuff is adorable. LOVE the longhorn onesie

I hope your DH heals quickly!

On the glucose test. . . a good friend of mine failed recently as well so I was looking into it. Apparently the first one is failed pretty frequently so there are some studies going on with the one hour test and if it is really valid. It seems like most people don't fail the second one. (I only read one article on it though so I dont actually know much.) I am guessing you will pass sorry you have to do it again though

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 12th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Your shower was so cute!! I hope you got everything you need to bring Squirt home, in a few short months!!!

Please post pictures of the nursery when you have it completed, I can only imagine it will be adorable.

So glad that Scott's surgery was a success and glad he'll be able to lift things better once baby arrives

I hope you pass the 2nd GD test.

I can not believe you are already in the 3rd trimester. I'm hoping you continue to enjoy your pregnancy because through all the waiting it seems to go by so quick!!! Hugs momma!

December 12th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Love the shower pic's and you have the cutest bump ever....

I can't believe how far along you are already.
Just think this time next year you will be planning Santa how exciting is that....
denalibear likes this.

[SIZE="3"]

December 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What an amazing shower... And those cloth diapers!!!!! Yay!
denalibear likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stef!!!!!!!! WOW!! I have been gone for so, so long, and I come back to take a peek around here and what do I find?!?!?!?! This is the best thing ever!!!!!!

Darling, I am BEYOND thrilled for you! I just knew your patience and persistence was going to lead to your happy ending.

Love the shower pics and the sweet ultrasound pic and I just want you to know I still think of you even though I'm never around anymore.

All good and wonderful things to you and Scott and Baby Squirt!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
December 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that shower was soooooooooooooo stinkin cute!!! you gals in Texas have awesome showers! everything is BIGGER and BETTER in Texas! lol

Im getting sooooooooooooooo excited for you!!! I cant wait for February!!! I know you are even more excited than me! if you have any questions you know you can ask us!!! love you girly!
denalibear likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 03:29 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Stef! I heard through the grapevine that you have a bun in that oven and I am SOOOOO happy for you!! I've been meaning to get on and post a congrats to you but time has just been flying!

I'm sooo happy for you!!

Can't wait to meet your little Squirt!

Take care,
Elissa
denalibear likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Stef, Stef, Stef,

Just popping in and hope all is well with you.

I can't believe you are almost 34 weeks. That is amazing. I bet you are getting anxious. Just checking in for an update.

P.S. I sent you a PM!
denalibear likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search