Stef's Pregnancy Journal updated w/ birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2014, 10:22 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH wow ladies!!! Sorry I havent had time to stop and think the last month...everything has been go go go to get ready....feels like December took only a blink to go by and January is almost over

Everything has been going great...just no time for anything I promise I will update this weekend. I have belly pics and nursery pics that I will post this weekend too.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 11:05 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to see an update!
denalibear likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
January 26th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Oh wow it is so good to see so many of my JM sisters that I havent seen in forever!!! I miss you all!!!!!! Thank you for checking up on me
Time has totally flown by the last couple months...I cannot wait to meet this little one! I will say this I will MISS being pregnant. This pregnancy has been such an amazing one and I love feeling Squirt move around inside my tummy, talking to Squirt, singing to Squirt, and dreaming of what they look like. I kinda like that I’ve had this little one to myself...that may sound strange but it has been such a blessing for me. I smile with every kick and movement...I love the kicks to the ribs and bladder...I love watching my tummy dance around.

In just 9 days I will be holding this little one in my arms
My doctors moved up my EDD by a bit and decided to be on the safe side and have me deliver earlier than what was originally planned. I was supposed to deliver February 13 but they moved it up to February 4....I am totally okay with it now. I was a little nervous being so early I will be 36 weeks 5 days and according to the ultrasounds Squirt is looking great. If I start having contractions it would be bad...so early is best.

Squirt is looking great...my last ultrasound was on the 23rd....Squirt was asleep and was not happy about being woken up...look at this fussy face...

Squirt's measuring 5lbs2oz...so looking great and is head down. No cramping or pains. Some swelling of the feet and face in the morning when I wake up...but it usually goes down after I move around to get dressed.

I have had a ton of stuff to do the last couple months....Ive had to get everything for work straight, the house ready, nursery completed, clothes washed and countless other things. I’ve pretty much done everything...the only things left are:
  • take dogs to be groomed
  • have carpets cleaned
  • clean house top to bottom one more time
  • get hair done
  • finish lesson plans for my sub
  • buy a few odds and ends
  • stock up the pantry and frig
  • hang shelves, artwork, and mobile in nursery

I am so blessed that my mom will be staying with us for about 3 weeks....it makes me feel so much better knowing she will be here to help out.
Scott is so excited....he has been busting his butt to get as much done as he can...he is so cute...he worked on the nursery for 2 weekends straight to make it look perfect....he is going to be such an awesome dad!!! We have a few more things to hang and I will make something with the Squirt's name to hang on the wall...but that wont happen for a bit.
Here are a few pics of the nursery:

We got some scary news about his dad yesterday...he was put into the hospital for a kidney infection and they discovered an aortic aneurysm. He will have surgery tomorrow morning. I’m so glad they found it before it could rupture. I have been praying for a successful surgery. Scott has a huge meeting in Dallas tomorrow so he can’t be there but will head to Houston on Tuesday. I’m not allowed to travel so I cannot go. He is so torn....he was like should I go...I don’t want to leave you here for two days...I told him I will be totally fine and to go....I would feel better knowing he was there. He said regardless he will be back on Tuesday night b/c he didn’t want to leave me alone for too long.

I’ve been busting my butt at work trying to get everything done....I am working on my grad program to become an administrator and I have to have 160 hours and I’m trying to get all of them done before Friday....I’m currently at 145....so this week will be a lot of running around to get the last 15 hours. My last day at work is the 31st...I really wish I would have taken off Thursday and Friday....just to have a couple of days off...but oh well I need my hours.

Ive also been dealing with allergies....cedar is kicking my butt this year and Ive gotten a sinus infection and nasty cough from it....Ive got to take Rx to help get rid of it...I cannot have this cough and runny nose after a csection.

I have a shower on Tuesday from my work and a shower Wednesday from DH's work....hopefully we will get the last few odds and ends from our registry that we need or gift cards.

I haven’t gotten much bigger over the last few weeks...my tummy is just small...my mom was the same way...my doctor tells me everything looks great and not to worry about Squirt not having enough room.

January 26, 2014
35 weeks 3 Days
  • Weight: 156
  • Waist: 39
  • Mood: great...getting so excited to meet Squirt
  • Energy: when I start off in the morning...I have a ton of energy...but by the end of a long day at work...im exhausted.
  • Appetite: pretty much back to normal...I just cannot eat big meals because I fill up very fast and there isnt a lot of room for food.
  • Cravings: salty foods and lemons...I drink only lemon water now....it is my fav
  • Morning sickness: as long as I snack on something every couple hours Im good
  • Symptoms: trouble sleeping - my hips start to hurt and I have to go sleep on the couch or recliner in the middle of the night. using the bathroom often, feet and face swollen in the morning, still wearing my regular shoes and wedding rings though. shortness of breath but can still walk fast at work...still carrying high and I am pretty much all baby.

Well, I guess that is about it....I will try and do another couple updates this week...I have my last two appointments before delivery.

Love yall!!!!

Last edited by denalibear; January 26th, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
January 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Stef!!! I can't believe the end is so close for you!!! I hope you are able to update!!!
denalibear likes this.

February 1st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Oh my gosh it is February!!!!!! Our little one will be here in 3 days
I had such a real dream on Thursday that squirt was a girl....I've had girl and boy dreams throughout the pregnancy but this dream was sosososo real. I guess we will find out in a few days.

I had two appointments this week and squirt is doing great...I didn't have a full ultrasound but they checked the heart and a few other organs and doc said squirt was growing....guessing should be 6lbs 4oz on Tuesday. Heart rate was 150 friday.

The shower at DHs work was so sweet...we were able to get most of the stuff we needed...they ladies were so amazing....they had it all decorated and had made lunch for everyone in the office.....I know it meant a lot to me but Scott was so happy....it really showed him how much he meant to them and how much they appreciated all his hard work.

I didn't really have a shower at my work....it was a going away type party...it was nice of them and I know it was just a few that arranged it and it meant a lot.

My students all made me cards and gave me flowers and begged me not to go...all day long yesterday kids kept coming in my class hugging me and giving me cards they had made...I got about a 100 little notes and cards....those mean more to me than anything else.

My mom, dad, and meemaw will be here Sunday to help us get the last bit done.
Scott's dad is in the ICU after surgery...we've been praying for good news....he has been having problems with his breathing after surgery. I keep telling DH to go see his dad...but I don't know if he will...he feels torn about leaving me....I know I will be fine....I want him to be there for his dad.

I'm getting so nervous....which I know is normal....we have wanted this for so long and here we are...the little one that we prayed for will be here so soon.

I went back and reread my TTC journal...I had posts that were so painful to read....I could tell how hopeless I was feeling some months and how excited I would be for others. When we started our TTC journey I had no idea it would last so long BUT now that our little one will be here in 3 days...the last 5 years seem to not matter because even though it took so long, the journey was worth it....I learned so much about myself and I like to think it prepared me for the next journey, being a mommy. I know God has a reason for everything and even though I may have wanted to be a mommy years ago...now is the perfect time and this little one has been waiting just has long for us...I cannot wait to hear their cry and see their beautiful face, toes, and hands and hold this beautiful miracle, that we prayed for for so long, in my arms.

I will upload my 36 week pic and then take one last photo before we head to the hospital on Tuesday.

February 4, 2014
36 weeks 5 Days Delivery Day!!!!!
  • Weight: 159
  • Waist: 40
  • Mood: so excited to meet our little Squirt!!!
  • Energy: electrified!!!!
  • Appetite: anything and everything sounds good...but dont have a lot of room for food
  • Cravings: salty foods and lemons...I drink only lemon water now....it is my fav
  • Morning sickness: none
  • Symptoms: trouble sleeping - my hips start to hurt and I have to go sleep on the couch or recliner in the middle of the night. using the bathroom often, feet and face swollen in the morning, still wearing my regular shoes and wedding rings though. shortness of breath but can still walk fast at work...still carrying high and I am pretty much all baby.

Total weight gain during the pregnancy - 24lbs
Waist start was 32....so I gained 8" in tummy

I will try and post the big news as soon as I can

Last edited by denalibear; February 17th, 2014 at 08:19 AM.
February 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cant believe that your little one will be here tomorrow...and cant wait for you to experience meeting him/.her for the first time

I'm going to say boy for you...

Cant wait to meet {him} !!
denalibear likes this.
February 4th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Stef, I know it maybe a while before you read this but your last post made my cry. You'll be a mommy and what you said is true, all the pain and hope and time, is all worth it. Holding your baby (hopefully by now) will be an amazing experience and I'm so glad that your time is finally here.

I hope squirt is healthy and that he/she is perfect in every way. I'm seriously thinking girl for you though!! And with that I can't wait to hear the news that they are here and you are holding them so tightly that all the love from the past 5 years of ttc comes flowing in. <3
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.

February 7th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldnt agree more! as hard as ttc is once you get that precious sweet little baby in your arms then you feel like that whole journey of ups and downs made you the mommy you need and want to be! I love you my sweet friend and Im sooooooooooooooooo excited for you to meet your sweet precious baby!!!
denalibear and ~Momma*2011~ like this.
February 7th, 2014, 06:20 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Stef, I pray everything is wonderful for you! We are anxious to meet your lil Squirt. Can't wait for your update!!!
denalibear likes this.
February 9th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Seen your update on the main board. So happy all went well
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 5th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Hope things are still going well with little Hunter. So happy that you are finally holding your baby!!!
denalibear likes this.

March 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Stef...hope you are lost in new momma bliss. I wanted to come by and share MY good five-years-later baby news (see below ) and congratulate you!!! Hope to see a picture of your little guy soon!! xoxo
denalibear likes this.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
April 13th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyRS View Post
Hey Stef...hope you are lost in new momma bliss. I wanted to come by and share MY good five-years-later baby news (see below ) and congratulate you!!! Hope to see a picture of your little guy soon!! xoxo

Mandy I am so over the moon happy for ya girlie!!!!!

I've been following your DDC.... I love when vets get their well deserved BFP.

I love your siggie. It makes me smile whenever I see it....you totally need to start a journal.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 14th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Birth story

Feb 1 was a lazy day for me....I slept in, took a nice long hot shower, watchedtv, read, and played with the dogs. Scott and I had a nice dinner at home.Around 9 that evening I started having cramps that I thought were gas painsfrom dinner.

Feb 2 mom dad and meemaw come intotown to help us get ready for Hunter's arrival. We all vacuumed, dusted, washedclothes, mopped floors, cleaned dogs, went grocery shopping, and bought lastminute things. Still having "gas pains" some of the cramps werepretty sharp pains ( I will soon learn what those pains really were)

Feb 3 I went to my last OB appointmentwhere everything looked great. I then walked over to the hospital to preregister and do all my blood work for my csection Tomorrow. we all went out toLogan's for dinner. I ate a huge meal because i couldn't eat anything after midnight.Crampy pains were not as strong but still there...I felt bloated and gassy allnight.

Feb 4 I woke up early and took a nicelong hot shower. This was our last time together "just the two of us"we were so excited to becoming three. My family called and said they wereheading to the hospital....we had to be there at 10am to check in. I think myparents were more nervous than Scott and myself. We headed to the hospital andarrived a few minutes after 10. My family prayed with us before Scott and I headedback to a prep room for surgery. They only allowed one person in the preproom...of course I picked DH.

10:10am When we got to the room theyhad me get into a gown and hooked me and the baby up to monitors so they couldget some stats on the baby before the csection and put my IV in.

While talking to the nurse she saidoh wow that was a nice sized contraction ?!?!?

What contraction....that was a gascramp....the nurse then said no that was a contraction...oh so that is what acontraction is

She asked how long have I had those"cramps" I told her since Saturday. After hearing that my body wasalready getting "ready" for labor made me feel better aboutdelivering 3 weeks early.

11:00 am baby is doing great DH and Isit in the room talking about how excited and debating boys names. Yeah westill didn't have a name picked out yet for a boy...we had a girls name though.

11:30 anesthesiologist came in andexplained the spinal block to us

11:45 my OB says everything looksgreat and she is ready when I am. Duhhhh I'm like ready now

11:55 one nurse walks me to the ORand another nurse walks Scott to another room get his scrubs on. He can't comeinto the OR until they are sure the spinal is in place and working.

In the OR - holy cow....this had tobe the brightest and coldest room I've ever been in....when I was walking intothe OR you could feel the cold air rushing out (Yes that's right I said walkingin....I walked into the OR) and there was loud 80's music playing...loved it.

The nurse helped me up onto thetable....I was so cold I couldn't stop shaking...once on the table I wascovered with warm blankets.

They had me sit up on the side edgeof the table and I had to bend my back into a curve so I leaned forward on thenurse so they could do the spinal. This was hard to do because you had to relaxbut I was so cold and nervous about the needle it took a few minutes for me tobe able to relax my shoulders and back.

Once the needled was in it felt likea strong stinging sensation for a couple of seconds then my lower body startedto feel heavy. They helped me lay flat on the bed with my arms out to the side.I was asked to wiggle my toes and if I could feel the pricking on my tummy. Isaid no to both. They put up a huge screen and they put my catheter in.

My OB came in and asked how it wasgoing....the nurses and anesthesiologist said we were good to go. Finally theybrought Scott in....he looked so cute in his scrubs. She then asked if it wouldbe okay if she did a horizontal cut instead of following my old incision whichwas a vertical cut from my myomectomy surgery. Is said for her to do what shethought was best....so she went with horizontal (so glad she did)

Scott sat right next to my head. Oncehe was seated my doctor asked if I was ready and I said I was ready to go.

The only thing I felt was pushing andpulling....no pain...

12:26 I heard a cry.....my baby wascrying....it was the most amazing sound. My doctor held the baby up over thescreen and said it's pretty obvious...." It's a boy" he wasperfect!!! 5 lbs 13 oz and 18.25 long.

I couldn't stop crying...I was sohappy....I wanted to hold him so bad but they took him and Scott over to checkhis stats.

I could hear him screaming and Iloved it because I knew his lungs must be great.

Scott and the nurse brought him overto me he was still crying....but when I started talking to him he stopped cryingimmediately....he knew who I was....and I was able to talk and kiss him andtouch him....he was blowing bubbles....my doctor asked if we had decided on aboys name....I looked at him then at Scott and said yes, this is Hunter Ryan.

Scott and Hunter went with the nursesto get cleaned up while my doc sewed me up.

Scott got to give him his first bathand held him until they wheeled my bed into the recovery room. It felt like ittook forever but it was only 25 minutes

The first thing the nurse did was unswaddleHunter and put him on my chest....they then started working with getting him tolatch....this part took forever....I had a ton of colostrum but b/c he was soearly he was having trouble latching on. we were in the recovery room for overan hour....all this time my family still had no idea I had delivered the baby.

I asked Scott to go tell everyone itis a boy and that we are both doing great.

2:30 pm. We finally got to go to thepostpartum wing. My family was finally able to meet Hunter.

Of course everyone was in love withhim.

The nurse asked me if I wanted a bluebow put on my door and of course I said yes! I was reading my TTC journal and Iremembered reading this post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
I was in the post-partum wing of the hospital...andall through the night I could hear new babies crying....oh how amazing was thatsound. *My room is the only room without a pink or blue bow on the door...itkinda made me sad....but then I thought to myself...in a little over a yearfrom now I will be walking theses halls with my little one with a huge bow onmy door.

There are no words to express how amazing I felt when she asked me if Iwanted a bow…of course I do….Ive only been waiting forever
Here is my bow....

The first night was amazing….I refused the Benadryl because I didn’t want tobe sleepy…they told me that I was going to itch when the spinal started wearingoff…they were right…I have never been so scratching before in my life!!!!! It was horrible but I didn’t want the Benadryl…thatstuff always knocks me out. So I just smiled and held my little man in myarms and used a backscratcher when I could.

I am so glad my doctor did a horizontal cut…it was sooooooo much better thanthe vertical cut I had for my surgery….it didn’t hurt much at all…I was able tomove around and lift Hunter with very little pain.

February 5 –I spent the day holding my son! Yeah it was amazing…My colostrum came in great and he loved to eat…wehad a lot of trouble with his latch and I had to start using a nipple shield tohelp him nurse….once I started using It he was able to nurse so mucheasier. The lactation nurse said it was sometimeshard for babies born early to latch and he needed a little help. I didn’t mind at all as long as it made iteasier and less stressful for him.

While Hunter was laying on my chest he raised himself up on his arms andheld his head up….that’s right held his head up at 2 days….

This afternoon they came in to do his hearing test…he passed with flyingcolors.

We filled out all of his paperwork for his birth certificate and other data.

Scott and my mom held him most of the night because I finally got tired…sotired I could hardly hold my eyes open. Scott woke me up every little bit for Hunter to eat then rocked him so Icould sleep. Breastfeeding makes me sosleepy.

February 6th Hunter is doing great!!! Scott went downstairs to get an appointmentfor Hunter with the pediatrician. I amso in love!!!! The photographer came inand took his newborn photos….which turned out amazing!!!! Since Hunter was early he had to pass a carseat test. He had to show he could stayin the car seat for 2 hours without any breathing problems….he didfantastic.

We stayed in the hospital until Friday, February 7. It was not a fun trip home…it was very coldand icy…sleet was coming down and I told Scott to drive super slow. We finally got home and my mom had balloonson the front porch….it was so sweet.

We brought our amazing son home…

I will update our first week home later. Love y’all
Mrs.Paradise and Jen@FirsAve like this.

Last edited by denalibear; May 14th, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
May 22nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh my gosh!!! I just love every little bit of your story!!! hows everything going now?
denalibear likes this.
June 19th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Had to stop by and make a quick post today....today marks one year since my bfp....it seems like I blinked and a year flew by.

Everything is going great....Hunter is getting so big....everyday I notice something new he has learned or milestone he has reached....I cannot believe he is already 4 1/2 months. I am loving being a mommy it is by far the best job ever. Hunter is such a great baby....he is super happy and loves to smile. We are currently trying to get him on a sleep schedule....he still only sleeps for short spurts at night....going to try a few things my friends have suggested. Unfortunately I will have to go back to work when summer is over....so I am trying to find a daycare....YUCK....it will be so hard to go back to work....but at least I will be able to spend the first 6 months with him before he goes to daycare.

We'll just a short update....I'm tired and Scott just put Hunter to bed....

June 30th, 2014, 12:25 PM
STEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is Hunter 4 1/2 months already!!! I can't believe it. I think you are due for a cute baby picture! Time flies and enjoy that little man as much as you can (I know you are) I'm still so happy you get to hold your miracle in your arms every night!! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search