Stef's Pregnancy Journal updated w/ birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pregnant Hold on....let me type that one more time.... I am pregnant!!

After a very long TTC journey (since 2008) my husband and I are beginning a new journey....becoming a mommy and daddy

I am still in a bit of shock. I cant help but check the toilet paper after I use the bathroom…im sure I will continue to do this throughout my pregnancy.

Well, where to begin. I had surgery last July to remove some huge fibroids from my uterus. My doctor told us we could start trying November 2012 and we did when we could. Scott was working/living in Fort Worth…2 in a half hours away…so TTC was a little hard to do. We were able to get some BDing in from November to February…but DH was offered a job back at home and he took it and moved back at the end of March. We took a couple of months off during the move and started back up…in all it took us about 8 months of TTC after my myomectomy surgery to get pregnant. This was to be our last cycle TTC on our own before we tried IUI.

Two things we did different the last few months:
  • We have been using coconut oil as a lube…I found out that preseed is FULL of parabens. Which I believe is what caused my fibroids…because for years I had been putting estrogen straight into my uterus….preseed is very BAD in my opinion!!!!!!
  • I also started drinking red raspberry leaf tea during my period and throughout the month for the last 3 months…I read somewhere that it was a good tea to drink after having a myomectomy because it helps to heal and tone the uterus after surgery.
I have been on a juice fast the last few days….I do it every summer…I juice my meals and snacks to cleanse…well I haven’t been feeling very well and I have never felt so sluggish on a juice fast….now I know why
Well, I think I O’d June 6 or 7….I got a positive opk on the CD 15 so I think I O’d on Friday CD16….which is late for me since my surgery. I’ve been O’ing early since my surgery. My period was due Wednesday, June 19 and I hadn’t had any spotting or feelings of AF so I took an IC test….and a pink line showed up

<a href="http://s609.photobucket.com/user/Kenaibear/media/b77e0dfa-eac5-4eab-8cae-6c19a4a7ccab_zps58d4d5f1.jpg.html" target="_blank">

So being the well trained TTC#1 member that I am…I saved my FMU so that I could use a FRER and a digi.
And I got these at 12 DPO

<a href="http://s609.photobucket.com/user/Kenaibear/media/5af0f31c-673d-4440-a0e9-4398fbbb724e_zpseb21b8bf.jpg.html" target="_blank">
<a href="http://s609.photobucket.com/user/Kenaibear/media/956fbe6f-8626-4470-8b1c-0f15318404ca_zpsea422f59.jpg.html" target="_blank">

My BFP post

After I saw the word pregnant pop up I screamed and ran into our bedroom and woke up Scott. I told him he was going to be a daddy b/c I was preggo…he was still asleep and was like “What?” I turned on the light so he could read the digi….he got the cutest smile on his face and hugged me. We both couldn’t stop smiling the rest of the day.
I am due February 28, 2014 but because of my surgery last year I will have to have a schedule C-section about a week or 2 before my due date.

My first appointment is July 1st which is our 8th wedding anniversary

Important Dates:

• June 19 ~~~3 Weeks 5 Days~~
  • July 1~~~5 Weeks 3 Days~~~First appointment and ultrasound ~~~ could see gestational sac and yolk sac
  • July 3~~~5 Weeks 5 Days~~~ 2nd round of blood work.
  • July 5~~~6 Weeks~~~morning sickness hits
  • July 15 ~~~7 Weeks 3 Days~~~ 2nd ultrasound appointment~~~got to see baby ~ heartrate 149 measuring on time
  • July 28~~~9 Weeks 2 Days~~~have to wear a hair elastic on jeans to fit
  • July 30~~~9 Weeks 4 Days~~~pink spotting went to doc had ultrasound and baby looked great~ measuring on time and HR 170
  • August 5~~~10 Weeks 3 Days~~~ great visit, HR 168...Squirt waved at DH during the ultrasound ~ did the CF blood testing
  • August 7~~~10 weeks 5 days~~~ Met with the high risk doctor~~great visit baby measuring ahead~~had a 3D ultrasound
  • August 10~~~11 weeks 2 days~~~told family we were expecting a little one
  • August 12~~~11weeks 4days~~~appointment with thyroid doctor~~~all labs came back fabulous
  • August 28~~~ 13 weeks 6 days~~~ had to start wearing a belly band b/c pants dont fit with hair elastic very well any more
  • September 1~~~14 weeks 4 days~~~energy seems to have returned...nauseous has gotten a lot better
  • September 3~~~dr appointment cancelled rescheduled
  • September 9~~~15 Weeks 3 days~~~ dr appointment went great...heart rate 156
  • September 17~~~16 Weeks 5 days~~~early anatomy scan...Squirt looked great...moving around like crazy...did the maternal 21 test...results came back great...no issues
  • September 20~~~ 17 Weeks 1 Day~~~ I have offically popped...bump is noticable with clothes on...YAHOO!!!
  • September 21~~~ finished our registration for baby
  • September 26~~~18 Weeks~~~felt flutters of movement!!!!!!! felt like butterflies below my tummy!!!!!
  • September 30~~~18 Weeks 4 days~~~tried to go without zofran...didnt work out so well...really sick all day...I will continue taking it
  • October 7~~~19 Weeks 4 days~~~ visit with the OB went great heartrate 148 measuring on time
  • October 14~~~20 weeks 4 days~~~visit with doctor. Had an ulrasound and got some great pics of Squirt. Squirt was having a ball moving around
  • October 21~~~21 weeks 4 days~~~started wearing maternity pants...needed comfort, bought new bras...belly looks so cute...finally look preggo
  • October 25~~~22 weeks 1 day~~~feeling little flutters depending on my position...belly button starting to stick out
  • November 2~~~23 weeks 2 days~~~feeling movement pretty regularly...Squirt is very active at night...little kicks...
  • November 6~~~23 weeks 6 days~~~OB visit went great...heartrate and tummy measuring on time
  • November 11~~~24 Weeks 3 days~~~HR dr visit went great DH and I got to see Squirt moving around. HR was 138 and Squirt weighs. 1.8 Lbs yahooooooo
  • November 20~~~26 Weeks~~~ feeling big kicks now....Scott felt Squirt kick hard 1st time
  • November 24~~~26 weeks 4 days Denali was laying her head on my tummy and she clearly felt Squirt kick....it was a strong kick and she jumped up and stared at me like something is wrong.
  • November 28~~~ 27 weeks ~~~thanksgiving with family...first time for everyone to see my belly
  • December 1 ~~~ 27 weeks 3 days~~~Family baby shower - went great!!! Loved seeing everyone!
  • December 5~~~28 Weeks~~~glucose test with OB scheduled - failed 1 hour...my doctors cut off is 135 and my results were 139 have to take the 3 hour
  • December 10~~~28 weeks 6 days~~~dr appointment with HR - went great...didnt get any good pics of Squirt....hands and feet were in the face the whole time heart 140 2 lbs 15 oz...Squirt looks so cute.
  • December 23 ~~~ 30weeks 3 days~~appointment went great....heartrate 150...tummy measuring on time...feeling Squirt's hiccups now
  • January 2~~~32 weeks~~~took the 3 hour glucose test
  • January 3~~~32 Weeks 1 Day~~~appointment went great....squirt measuring at4lbs . Heartrate 150. Having trouble sleeping on my sides...it makes my hips hurt...started sleeping part of the night in the recliner.
  • January 4~~~32 weeks 2 days~~~parents and meemaw came into town to help paint the nursery and put all the baby furniture together...loved having them!!! Feeling a lot of big kicks and twists and turns...can see my tummy dance around when Squirt is turning.
  • January 6~~~32 Weeks 4 days~~ heartrate 157...tummy measuring on time
  • January 20~~~34 weeks 4 days~~~heartrate 140...tummy looks great....finally have a date for the csection....2/4/14 They moved my due date up a bit so they had to move my csection up too.
  • January 23 ~~~35 Weeks~~~Ultrasound heartrate 129 Squirt weighs 5lbs 2oz....Squirt not happy about being woken up and having pic taken...got a fussy face pic....so stinkin' cute!!!!
  • January 24 ~~~35 weeks 1 day~~~went to family doc due to sinus infection and bad cough....YUCK...have to take Rx to get rid of cough and junk in my chest....thanks a lot cedar.
  • January 27~~~35 weeks 4 days~~~OB visit...heartrate 156...did the strep B swab test...came back neg...Yahoo C-section date is set for February 4th.
  • January 30~~~36 Weeks~~~last ultrasound before D-day and last appointment with high risk doc!! Squirt looked great...cant wait to meet Squirt on 2/4/14
  • January 31~~~ 36 weeks 1 day~~~ LAST DAY OF WORK
  • February 2~~~36 weeks 3 days~~~Mom, Dad, and Meemaw come into town to help get last few things done!
  • Febuary 3~~~36 weeks 4 days~~~met with OB to go over details of cesection. Registered with the hospital and got all pre surgery blood work and paperwork done. Have to be at hospital at 10am Tuesday, Feb 4. Went out to eat with family...had a great time! Went to bed early because Squirt will be here tomorrow!!!!
  • February 4, 2014~~~36 Weeks 5 Days~~~Delivery Date via Csection

Last edited by denalibear; May 14th, 2014 at 08:44 AM.
June 22nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
My Belly Pics

Last edited by denalibear; February 17th, 2014 at 07:16 AM.
June 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So excited for you!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
June 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
OMG OMG OMG
You have a grad Journal....

I can't wait to see ever pic's and update... I'm so an excited and can I say a little of jealous you look AMAZING so tiny you are going to be one hot preggo

[SIZE="3"]

June 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Soooo excited to follow this one
denalibear likes this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Goodness!! This is one baby bump that I'm really going to enjoy watching grow big - you look amazing
So happy for you Stef!!
Are you still taking tests? Seeing that line never gets old <3

Cant wait till you get to see the heartbeat for the first time!!
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.
June 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Caitlin…thanks for checking up on me ….I am praying so hard that you and all the other vets join me so soon….I totally understand the heartache of TTC and I love and pray for y’all every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dóchas View Post
OMG OMG OMG
You have a grad Journal....

I can't wait to see ever pic's and update... I'm so an excited and can I say a little of jealous you look AMAZING so tiny you are going to be one hot preggo
Thanks Becks !!!! I love the new pic of Adam and Grace.....So totally adorable!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Soooo excited to follow this one
Thanks Crystal...im so happy to be here it still feels like a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
Goodness!! This is one baby bump that I'm really going to enjoy watching grow big - you look amazing
So happy for you Stef!!
Are you still taking tests? Seeing that line never gets old <3

Can’t wait till you get to see the heartbeat for the first time!!
Thanks Tonya!! I am totally bloated and no matter how much I suck in....my tummy totally sticks out

I have only been taken a test every two days...i see progression so I’m totally thrilled

here is a pic with the shirt Becks sent me...

Here is a pic of a onesie I bought a couple of years ago...I couldn’t pass it up....

Here is a pic with todays test...

I downloaded two apps to my phone one is baby bump and the other is from baby center….I like both of them so maybe I will actually remember to add data to them. I like the format of the baby bump APP…I think that is how I will write it here too.

June 23, 2013
4 weeks 2 Days
  • Weight: 135
  • Waist: 33
  • Mood: so freaking happy all the time
  • Energy: tired….i feel drained a lot…need a nap often
  • Appetite: I go from starving to nothing sounds good a lot
  • Cravings: Anything with salt….sweet does not sound good to me at all…I love salads!
  • Morning sickness: I get nauseas if I go too long without eating.
  • Symptoms: burping a lot, stuffy nose, a little cramping, boobs are tender, bloating, CM is creamy and I have a lot of it.

Scott was so cute he came home from work on Friday and said “Hey preggo!” He is going to be an amazing dad! He kinda aggravated me yesterday though…I said I was craving something salty and that sweet stuff makes me feel queasy and he said “it is all in your head” I wanted to hit him…so I pulled out a pregnancy book that I had bought a few years ago and read the part about cravings…he was like “oh” I had to train him on all the TTC stuff so now I get to school him on pregnancy stuff At night I started reading little bits from the book and the stuff from my app to help guide him.

I am so impatient…I want it to be August already….and for me to say that is crazy. Most of yall know that I love the summer…but I am ready to shout "I am Pregnant" from the roof tops. We both would like to wait until 12 weeks to tell most people. But I think we may tell our parents around 8 weeks. My mom’s b-day is July 18 and I would love to give her something as a way of announcing.

So we shall see after my July 1st visit. I will only be 5 weeks and 3 days so I don’t know if she can see anything or hear the heartbeat yet b/c it is really early.

Okay...Ive got a paper to write, a presentation to practice, and a final to review for...I really hope I can stay focused to get it all done.

Love y'all XX

Last edited by denalibear; February 17th, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
June 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM
Nerd
Nice journal! GOOD LUCK focussing on all that non-pregnancy/non-baby stuff like finals and presentations. What are you studying/working on?
denalibear likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
OMG I love the shirt with your tests, That just made my day...
denalibear and Mrs.Paradise like this.

[SIZE="3"]

June 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those shirts are too cute! I'm so happy to be following this journal Stef!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 24th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I had to come on to JM for the first time in forever to see for myself! I am SO excited for you Stef! I can't think of anybody who deserves this more! You've given me so much hope to keep persevering and that it WILL happen someday! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey
denalibear likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope to join you soon! We see just waiting for my cycle to resume now that the endometriosis shot is out of my system.I agree with Amanda that you give us all hope. I am so happy for you. I love when any of our girls get their bfp but it is always amazing when one of our vets get theirs. I love the onesies! And I live how dark your tests are getting!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
June 24th, 2013, 10:31 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy and end excited for you!!!! I wish you a h&h 9 months!!!
denalibear likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Stef, first off I want to say like everybody else, congrats again on a beautiful bfp. Wishing you the most H&H 9 months EVER!!!

Second, I love seeing the pee sticks and the onsies and shirts and what a cute way to tell your mom on her birthday!!

I hope you have an amazing appt on the 1st!! And It must have been so exciting to go onto the bump website and get your pregnancy counter
denalibear likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 02:37 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're soooo tiny = )!!
denalibear likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a fantastic journal!!! That BFP progression is amazing and I look forward to following your journey!!!!
denalibear likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sam - I am working on my master’s in education administration...I would like to leave the classroom to be a principal one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dóchas View Post
OMG I love the shirt with your tests, That just made my day...
I can’t wait to put in on our little one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
Those shirts are too cute! I'm so happy to be following this journal Stef!
Thanks Jen!!! I can’t wait for you to join me over here!!! I want all of the ladies that are TTC to be grads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Manda* View Post
I had to come on to JM for the first time in forever to see for myself! I am SO excited for you Stef! I can't think of anybody who deserves this more! You've given me so much hope to keep persevering and that it WILL happen someday! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey
AMANDA!!! I haven’t seen ya in forever girlie!!! Thanks for checking up on me girlie!! I want so many of y'all to join me...I can say it would mean so much more if all the vets were over here too. Girlie when I see your bfp I will do a happy dance!!!!! I ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait&AngelAbove View Post
I hope to join you soon! We see just waiting for my cycle to resume now that the endometriosis shot is out of my system. I agree with Amanda that you give us all hope. I am so happy for you. I love when any of our girls get their bfp but it is always amazing when one of our vets get theirs. I love the onesies! And I live how dark your tests are getting!
Well I cannot wait to jump up and down and squeal with joy when I see your bfp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy and end excited for you!!!! I wish you a h&h 9 months!!!
Thanks Dawn! I miss everyone...so glad I can finally join in the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Momma*2011~ View Post
Stef, first off I want to say like everybody else, congrats again on a beautiful bfp. Wishing you the most H&H 9 months EVER!!!

Second, I love seeing the pee sticks and the onsies and shirts and what a cute way to tell your mom on her birthday!!

I hope you have an amazing appt on the 1st!! And It must have been so exciting to go onto the bump website and get your pregnancy counter
Oh my gosh Jacky...it was the best making a pregnancy ticker I was starting to think it wasn’t for us. Congrats on #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
You're soooo tiny = )!!
Danee!!! Hey chica!!! I just notice your siggie...your expecting #2....congrats to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momology View Post
This is a fantastic journal!!! That BFP progression is amazing and I look forward to following your journey!!!!
Thanks Elle!!! I am hoping and praying you get your bfp very soon!!

Ladies y’all are freaking amazing and I love you all!!!! You have no idea how much y'all mean to me!!!

June 24, 2013
4 Weeks 3 Days
  • Weight: 136
  • Waist: 33
  • Mood: good
  • Energy: didn’t feel too tired today…I will probably crash tonight though
  • Appetite: snacked most of the day
  • Cravings: chick-Fil-a …yeah I had to stop off and get some nuggets
  • Morning sickness: nothing today
  • Symptoms: burping, tons of creamy cm, pulling feeling in my abdomen, tender breasts

I have a paper, final, presentation, and an article due on Wednesday. I’m ready for my final…finished working on my presentation…my paper is done…all I need to do is my article!!!!
I had to run to the mall today to drop of Scott’s shirt for alterations and the alteration place is right next door to Motherhood Maternity. So of course I had to go in and browse. OH My Gosh…I cannot believe how much they charge for a simple maternity shirt I will not be shopping there…I can get what I need from Target or buy tops from Ross that are loose fitting. I’m really glad I kept my old work slacks from when I weighed more…I will be able to use those for a while before I have to invest in anything. I also have a pair of black maternity pants I got from the Target clearance rack for like $6 a few years ago.
Well, that’s about it for today…nothing too exciting. I am really ready for the weeks to start flying by….it hasn’t even been a week since my bfp...it is so hard to be patient.

Last edited by denalibear; February 17th, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
June 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Nerd
Yikes, maternity clothes! Although being pregnant in summer seems like an uncomfortable chore, it sure seems easier from the clothes side of things. I have no idea how I'll be able to find anything attractive to wear in the winter with a gigantic belly. I mean... can you imagine how a jacket is going to look? Argh!
denalibear likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just thought that I would pop in and say hello and again Congratulations! You deserve this so much! Glad to hear all is well and I am enjoy looking at your little updates with your weight and etc. What a cute idea!
denalibear likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
June 25th, 2013, 12:08 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Weeeeeeee!!! So excited to follow this!!!

denalibear likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search