Jeralynn's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree61Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 04:32 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo for a great visit...love the ultrasound pic of your little one.

Did you do anything different to help with the constipation?

July 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
Did you do anything different to help with the constipation?
Yeah, Stef... I pretty much cut out all white flour products. I've been only eating whole wheat pasta, brown rice, whole wheat bread, etc. I know that it would help even more if I could eat more veggies, but they are just so disgusting sounding right now!!!

Small update: Stripey (rooster) and Yellow (hen) are now husband and wife. I thought they had a more brother/sister relationship... but nope. Yellow has laid another egg since my first update.

9 weeks, 5 days
Yesterday was a horrible day. I was so sick and had a nasty headache on top of it. Thankfully after we worked our farmer's market, I was able to come home and just rest and relax. I also ate 4 popsicles as they were the only thing I could keep down.

Also, my boobs hurt like crazy!!! Even the water pressure in the shower yesterday hurt.

I know I've been pretty whiny/complainy, but I am so glad to be pregnant with this precious babe. I sit down and rub my belly and talk to my baby and think about how wonderful this gift is, and I feel a little bit better -- at least emotionally! (Yeah... only emotionally... physically I still feel icky!)

Today starts our wedding season. We have two weddings in the next 6 days. I'm excited and nervous. They both will require some traveling (and I hope I feel up to it!)
Next Sunday, we will perform the children's play we've been working on for the last month. I think our kiddos will be ready! I'm not looking forward to morning practices this week, but I'll find a way to make it work.

Okay, I think that's it for now. Off to start some laundry before getting ready for the wedding.
July 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the wedding went well and you felt alright during it Hope the shows go well too that all sounds pretty exciting!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How did the egg's taste? They looked yummy, even if teeny tiny!

Sorry your having rough days, popsicles do sound like a good alternative if you cant keep any food down. Staying hydrated is most important

Hope the weddings go well, will you still be hiding the pregnancy from people or do most know now? I hope you have a good time either way!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The wedding was lovely. I'm so glad that this high school friend has obviously found her perfect other half... she so deserves it! It was also great to catch up with her family! We used to be so close... I'm glad it was like no time had been lost.

I lost my sea-bands. Couldn't find them as we were walking out the door... needless to say, it was a LONG trip to town. Our first stop was the store to buy some more!

I guess we're not really hiding that we're pregnant from people now... we're just not making a big deal of it. For example, we had free drink tickets last night and I didn't use mine. Someone asked "why aren't you drinking? (and can I have your ticket...)" and so I simply said, "No drinking for me... I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant." I'll probably have to do a TON more of that at this next wedding, too...

Today has been pretty pukey and miserable, but has also been filled with this overwhelming excitement. I had my first serious round ligament ache and sciatica. It was lovely... As the weeks go on, I just feel so close to this little baby.

It's funny, we always talked about what we would call our growing baby. Bean, Peanut, Sweet Pea... you know, those kinds of things. Surprisingly, the name that has stuck is simply Baby. Classic, ya know?

Popsicle update: we now have 100... well, 95. And they are so good.

And Jen, we haven't eaten our eggs yet. We're waiting to get one more so that we can make a decent sized omelet to share! Yellow sure is getting good at laying them, though!
Nicholle ttc and AshleyO like this.
July 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Congratulations, Jeralyn! I'm so happy you got your BFP.
July 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
10 weeks, 1 day

Symptoms: Morning sickness still -- I puke 2-3 times a day and dry heave another time or two, but it gets better in the evening. I've also been taking a daily nap from 2-4.

Yesterday, I went to adjust my bra, and it literally felt like I ripped my nipples open. That's how stinkin' tender they are right now!!! Yikes!

The most annoying symptom so far this week is the crying. Huge alligator sobbing over essentially nothing. I do not cry very daintily... so my eyes are constantly puffy, achy, and my head hurts. Hopefully that will go away soon...

Weight: -.5 lbs this week.

Cravings: If you're FB friends with me, you probably saw that I was raving about this whole wheat bread that DH made last night. Needless to say, between the two of us, we ate the whole loaf in about 24 hours.

Also, Ice Pops.

Aversions: Meat. Icky, icky, icky meat...

Baby Update: Baby and I are bonding this week -- I'm making sure to take time every day to just rub my belly and talk to baby. We mostly talk about how much I wish I wasn't so sick but that I love baby anyway. It's really helping me feel grateful and excited to be pregnant.

DH Update: OMG... the stress has hit. We have only a few more "at home" days of summer... and he's starting to panic about not being ready. But I know he is. And I know that the time and effort he's putting in this summer will cut back on stress during the school year... so I'm trying hard to be patient with him!

In the midst of all his stress, he continues to be the greatest, most supportive husband I could have asked for.

Appointments: NONE UNTIL AUGUST 8!!! What??? It's driving me crazy...

Other news: One more wedding on Saturday and then our kiddos perform their children's play on Sunday. It'll be a LONG, busy weekend, but I'm really excited for both days. Tomorrow and Friday we start baking/cooking for the weekend. The reception for the wedding is a local-foods potluck, so we're making little caprese salads w/ garden fresh ingredients! We also have to make pizza dough for the farmer's market and cakes for the cake-walk and fireman's dinner.

Then my sister gets to come spend Sunday night/Monday/Tuesday with us! Wednesday, we leave for DH's family reunion in MN. It'll be his whole family (there's 8 of us) in one van and then sharing one hotel room for 5 days/4 nights. Fun, right??
Nicholle ttc and AshleyO like this.
July 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Nerd
One hotel room? Y'all must be close family.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
July 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I'll say to that Sam is that we'll be close after this trip...

One room was not our first choice... that's what happens when you wait too long to book your room!
AshleyO likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Goodness one room and 8 people does sound a little . . . crowded Have a wonderful time I hope you are feeling a little better by then!!

July 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Crowded... a very great way to phrase it, Elle!

The first plan was to have two rooms: One for girls, One for boys. I hate that idea just as much as one room for all of us because I just want to sleep with my husband. It's not like there's going to be any hanky-panky going on! I just struggle right now to sleep through the night and DH is the only one I feel comfortable bothering through the night with my tossing/turning/getting up to pee/etc.

I've felt alright yesterday and so far today -- no puking, just heartburn and nausea... which I can deal with! Hopefully this is the start of it getting better!!!!

(Oh, we had our last play practice this morning... it was rough... pray for us on Sunday, please!!!!!!!!)
AshleyO likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sorry about the m/s, but that likely means one happy, healthy baby! Sharing one room. Hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable. How was the play? Was it this past Sunday?

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The play went incredibly well! Honestly, I was so worried going into it... our last practice wasn't great... and one of our little guys was kind of throwing a fit beforehand. BUT... everyone remembered ALL of their lines, no trains went by (our park is two blocks from the tracks...), and everyone laughed at the appropriate places!

DH & I received SO many compliments on our efforts to make this happen in just 4 weeks. Everyone is already counting on us to put on another play next summer. The pastor at the local church even volunteered the church if we wanted to put on a play at Christmastime. I told him we'd have to see how things went. (I just don't know if I'll want to do that on top of my speech coach/one act coach/subbing duties 7 months pregnant!!!)

We also made minion cupcakes for the cakewalk on Saturday (which unfortunately we weren't able to go to since we were at the wedding...), and we got compliments on those, too! They were apparently the first 3 plates of goodies to be won! I really love our little town and how genuinely nice the people are...

Now... onto the weekly update!!!

11 weeks, 0 days

Holy cow... can you believe it? 11 weeks?!?!?!

Symptoms: Tied for number one this week: Exhaustion and Headaches. See, no morning sickness??? I'm hoping that is a think of the past. I haven't puked in days. But I still get nauseous pretty easily.

The other night, I had my weirdest symptom so far: my nipples were on FIRE the other night. Like OMG, cut my boobs off now I can't stand it! It was crazy. So I put some lotion on them... that seemed to help a little bit.

Weight: Not sure, forgot to weigh this morning. I've definitely been eating more this week!

Cravings: None really...

Aversions: Meat, except for bacon.

Baby Update: I read today that we are to the point where everything has been initially developed. Now we start just growing and starting to function.

Also, I'm 95% sure I felt the baby flutter last night. I was laying on my side on the couch and felt this weird gassy feeling in my uterus area. I could tell it wasn't gas, but nothing like I'd ever felt before. It happened again later when I was in bed. It's kinda cool. I'd much rather think it's baby than gas...

DH Update: He's still working to get ready for school! He goes next Tuesday/Wednesday for some extra work days (that are paid, btw!!!). He's doing a great job working. I'm so glad he's had some organizing projects that I've been able to help with.

Appointments: Still waiting for Aug. 8... now only 9 days away!

Other news: Leaving tomorrow for the family reunion. Wish me luck. We're telling the last set of grandparents on Thursday, and will announce on facebook sometime early next week.
Nicholle ttc likes this.
July 31st, 2013, 07:38 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Great update! Glad the play went well! Yay for baby flutters! GL this weekend can't wait to see your announcement on fb!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

August 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quick update:

Going to my first prenatal exam tomorrow. Feeling weird about it. I have a week left in my first trimester and I'm just know getting an exam/blood tests/etc?!?!? Oh well, I've had two u/s's and so I've asked all the mega urgent important questions.

Hope it goes well... will do a proper update hopefully tomorrow evening, if not Friday. Things are crazy here with getting back from MN, school starting, floors getting finished, etc.
August 8th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope all goes well today and they dont stick you for too much blood! I look forward to an update

August 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today was an incredibly rough day -- emotionally at least. Everyone is OK, baby is OK, but momma is feeling really down at the moment.

I'll update tomorrow. Please just say an extra little prayer for your families tonight... we are so lucky to have them.
August 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
12 weeks, 3 days

Symptoms: Puking (no nausea, though! Just random morning vomiting...), tender breasts, my energy is starting to increase, my appetite is kind of 'eh..'.

Weight: -.4 lbs in two weeks. not too shabby... Even though I haven't gained any weight, I can tell my body is changing. I just hope I pop eventually to look pregnant because now, I just look nasty.

Cravings: Gardettos, sunflower seeds. I've never been a 'salty' snack person, but now I'd much rather have salty food than sweets! I have made sure to increase my water intake since I'm consuming so many salty treats.

Aversions: Meat... especially Chicken. SOMETIMES I can eat beef, but not very much at a time.

Baby Update: I'm feeling flutters. This morning somewhere between my 3 am and 6 am bathroom trips, I felt like my stomach was on a boat. It woke me up enough to try to figure out what was going on. I realized that my little baby must have been flipping around, because that's where I felt these crazy flutters!

DH Update: It was so cute at our appointment yesterday. We got a list of classes the hospital offers and a book of pregnancy information. I'm pretty sure Brian read the entire thing while we were sitting there. Then the rest of the afternoon, he kept telling me little tidbits of information he learned. He's starting to get really excited about this whole thing!

Appointments: I had my first pre-natal appointment yesterday. We scheduled our next appointment for Sept. 4.

It was an emotionally difficult appointment. But after doing some research and calming down, I feel alright with things.

First: the good things. They had an intern type doctor there who came in and tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler. She couldn't. So the doctor tried... she also couldn't find it. I wasn't worried... I knew that baby just wanted us to get to sneak a peak at it! So we did. HOLY CRAP! My baby has real arms and real legs and was all squirmy! Heartbeat was 164.

Now, the difficult things: during the exam, Dr was all up in my lady bits making sure things were OK. She told me that my pelvic arch is a bit narrow. So if I had to ask her and demand a yes/no answer about whether or not I would be able to deliver naturally and not need a c/s, she would have to tell me that there's a possibility I'll need a c/s. BUT, she did say that she'll give me the same opportunities that she would give anyone else to have a natural delivery.

I stayed pretty calm there, but once we got outside, I was a mess. I know that if baby is in distress that I will be OK having a c/s. I want my birth experience to be a safe one for my child. But I don't want my body to be what puts the baby in danger.

In researching though, I've found that the pelvis can change a lot during pregnancy and especially during labor. I also know that just because I'm overweight doesn't mean I'm going to have a huge baby. I'm eating well and will continue to do so. I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent gd, and we don't have a family history of huge babies. I was only 7 lbs, 11 oz. My sister was a little smaller than that.

So at my next appointment, I'm going to talk to the Dr. about a few things: 1) will she allow me to move around while I'm in labor and push in positions other than on my back? 2) what does she have to see in order for her to want to proceed with a c/s? 3) how long past my due date will she go before insisting I get induced? And if I'm not 100% feeling like she's on board, then I'll see if I can find someone who is...

The other thing... when we were talking about scheduling my anatomy u/s, she said that she wants me to have that done with the high-risk OB. She told me that I'm NOT high-risk at the moment, but because of my weight and IIH (the headache issues...), she wants to make sure that at that u/s, I get the best information and care.

I get that. We don't know much about idiopathic intracranial hypertension and the effects it can have on a pregnancy. So I want the best information from the best technology, and the prettiest pictures of my little baby that I can have!

But WHY do we have to bring my weight into this?!?! I KNOW I'm overweight, I KNOW there are risks, but never have I ever had any elevated blood sugar levels, my blood pressure was great until I was dealing with the headache stuff... once it was undercontrol, so was my blood pressure. At my appointment yesterday, my bp was great! I just feel like it doesn't even matter that I had lost 20 lbs prior to getting pregnant. I KNOW it should have been more, but now I can't do anything but try to maintain and watch how much I gain. WHICH I'M DOING. I understand that if any of my numbers start showing concern, then by all means... attribute it to my weight and tell me what I need to do to control it! But until then, can't you just try to give me a normal pregnant lady experience??? It's bad enough that I'm convinced I'm just going to look fat, fatter, fattest until mid-February... that I'm never going to pop and just look cute and pregnant.

Ok. Pity party done for the moment.

Other news: This is the area where I'll address the other parts of my yesterday that made the day suck.

Last Thursday, I woke up to a missed call from my Dad at 1 AM. I figured he didn't mean to call me, and let it go. Later though, my mom called and prefaced the call with "Don't worry, we are OK." and proceeded to tell me that she and my sister had been in an accident. The gravel road was wet and nasty and my mom lost control and their vehicle rolled. She assured me that the EMT's had checked them out, sent my sister to get x-rays of her neck, but that everything was OK. They were just sore, a little bruised, and the car was totaled. Of course, this was the first full day we were in MN, and I just felt crappy all day that I couldn't be with my family.

So yesterday, I woke up to a text from my mom at 3 AM telling me to call her when I woke up. So I called. Less than a week after my mom's accident, my Dad had totaled his car. He was driving home from work at 11:30 PM, going 60 on the highway. He didn't see the TRACTOR on the road in front of him until it was too late. He swerved, but hit the wheel with the front of his car. The tractor didn't have any lights on -- apparently they were broken. My dad is OK... but banged up. He was smoking a cigar and it burned his cheek when the airbag deployed. His chest feels compressed, but x-rays showed that nothing was broken. His wrist is really sore. He has bruises from his seatbelt. But he's alive.

It was almost a year ago that a really good friend lost her mom unexpectedly. Since then, I've just felt like you never know what's going to happen. Now, I feel like had my parents not been wearing their seat belts, I could be an orphan. It's so scary... especially when I'm putting so much effort into growing a healthy grandbaby for them. I'm just so thankful that my family is alive and well. Their sturdy cars did what they were supposed to do -- take the damage and save the people. And they were all wearing seat belts... so many people thing seat belts are uncomfortable or that they're not going far enough to need one. BUT OMG!!! They are LIFE-SAVERS.

So... that's what's going on in my little world. Sorry this is such a long post, but I NEEDED to get this all out. Afterall, these experiences are such a part of my pregnancy.

Hug your families today, ladies. And wear your seat belts.
August 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I am so glad you updated i was a little worried. That is wonderful that everything is looking good with baby!!! I think you are asking your doc all the right questions it really is best to be proactive about that now to make sure you get what you want. There are too many unnecessary C-sections these days. I agree with you - if it is needed of course I would want it. But only if it is actually needed.

I am so sorry about your family's car accidents!! That is so scary I am so glad that everyone is alright.

I hope you are feeling a little better today.

August 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that your LO is doing well! I'm so sorry though about your appointment, I too am expecting the lectures about my weight, even though I lost 30lbs this past 12months. I just cant help but think that women far more overweight than me get pregnant and have babies all the time, why do I need to be given such a hard time. I hope its not something that clouds all of your appointments, you deserve to be able to enjoy your pregnancy and not worry about your weight!

I'm glad that your family members are ok, I saw your posts on fb about the accidents and was relieved that they just walked away with some bumps and bruises. A colleague of mine at work, had both her parents in a really bad car accident about 2 mos ago now, both suffered really serious injuries and her mum ended up passing away. Her dad has recently come home but is needing some intense physio and rehab. It just reminds me how short life can be sometimes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search