Jeralynn's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree61Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
13 weeks, 3 days

Officially 1/3 done with a 40 week pregnancy. Some of my apps put that in the 2nd tri, others say I'm still in the 1st tri. To me, I feel like I'm in the second trimester. It just sounds more productive, ya know?

Symptoms: Daily morning vomit/heaving. Who knows why... I'm not nauseated at all. It doesn't matter if I eat before getting out of bed. I do know that while drinking water first thing makes me queasy, I'd much rather do that than have nothing in my stomach to puke up.

I think I'm starting to feel a little bit of round ligament discomfort. I got out of the car today and felt like I was going to scream! Also, I'm much more comfortable when I'm walking than when I'm sitting. I need to work on taking more walks by myself when DH is gone at school...

Weight: I don't know... I just haven't been in a routine where I remember to weigh on Tuesdays. Maybe I'll have to switch to Saturdays. I can pretty safely guarantee that I haven't lost a lot. Although, maybe the changes I'm feeling in my waist are more from the baby than from weight gain?

Cravings: Peanut butter & Jelly on English Muffins. Peach yogurt. String cheese.

Aversions: Meat. Sandwich bread. Vegetables... especially the ones in our garden.

Baby Update: I read that baby's fingerprints are formed. My little baby is an individual person... totally unique to everyone else. Baby is about the size of a lemon.

DH Update: He's three days into the school year. We're excited for this weekend -- it'll be nice to get some stuff done around the house! I've been trying my hardest to be the good wife that has dinner ready when he comes home and the house picked up. But it's hard. Sometimes, I just want to nap all afternoon...

Appointments: Sept. 4! Did I mention last week that when we go to schedule the anatomy scan that we will go see the high risk doctor because of the brain stuff? Hopefully on the 4th, we'll get that scheduled! I want to know if I'm growing a boy or a girl. And DH, the English Teacher that he is, wants to know if he can call baby he or she instead of it!

Other news: Looks like I'm going to sub for both of our pregnant teachers this year. Unless they can find someone who actually is certified to teach Art, I'll start that the first week of Sept. Then the preschool teacher will have her baby in December -- and that will probably take me to the week before my due date.

Our floors are DONE!!! This weekend, we'll start moving stuff back to where it goes. We'll FINALLY be able to unpack stuff that's been boxed up for a year: books, decorations, clocks!!! I can't wait. Then we'll buy a new table and some decently priced furniture for the upstairs sitting room.
AshleyO likes this.
August 18th, 2013, 07:21 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow girlie...just got caught up on your journal...I am so thankful that your family is okay...how scary.

I cannot believe how fast time seems to be flying...seems like yesterday we got bfp.

Yahoo for the sub job...that is fabulous...before I started teaching I was a sub and I loved the long term sub jobs because I liked having time to get to know the kids.

August 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wooohooo for being 1/3 of the way I am sorry you are still feeling so icky I hope you are feeling better soon. Very exciting about the long term sub positions!!! I am excited to find out boy or girl for you!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 20th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for 13 weeks!! I'm glad everything is going well, sorry about the morning vomit - random that it happens without any nausea.

I'm happy for you that your floors are finished, it must be great to be closer to having everything sorted! I saw the pics you posted on fb, they look great.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey lady I am so glad your family is ok! Good job on getting the floors done! Love your siggie by the way!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
August 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you!
August 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quick update:

14 weeks!!!!

All the apps officially confirm that I'm in the 2nd tri.

And goodbye nausea, hello HUNGER!!! All. The. Stinkin'. Time! It's like I can't get full enough, no matter how much I eat.

More on that later, though. After School Program started yesterday. So, I'm swamped with that! Looks like I'll be working at least 3 days a week. Then, I don't know how much time I'll realistically be able to take off in February. My other teacher is sponsoring Prom this year, and between my babe and her 14 juniors... we're gonna be busy, busy, busy! Hopefully we can find a temporary helper!
AshleyO likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Nerd
Although I haven't been commenting I have been following. Yay for the second trimester indeed. I'm glad you're morning sickness is starting to get better. It's so strange to be hungry again all the time. At first I got full really quickly but I think I stretched my stomach out :laugh:
AshleyO and ImALittleTeaPot like this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
August 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know! I can tell my stomach has shrunk because I can only eat a fraction of what I could pre-pregnancy. I can usually eat a whole meals worth of food -- but it takes me over an hour. I just pick at it until it's gone or too cold!

Sad day today. Found out they have an actual art sub to cover the first maternity leave. I get it... it'll be easier for her to plan if she has someone who knows what they're doing. But I couldn't help but take it a little personally. It kind of started an outburst of emotions that escalated into me crying on my bedroom floor until my heartburn was so bad that I couldn't breath comfortably.

Now that I'm calmed down, I'm just bummed. And annoyed with pregnancy emotions... and the lack of self-control to keep them from getting out of hand. (seriously, I threw a fit bigger than a toddler!) Such is life.

In other news... LIGHTNING CROTCH! WTH?!?! I didn't believe it when I read about it in the DDC, but I'm pretty sure it's real and awful... wowza!

oh, and Sam... since I KNOW you're reading this... maybe you should update your journal, lady....
AshleyO likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My heart is overflowing with grief and sadness tonight.

Some of my dearest JM friends are hurting today. A hurt that I don't understand, and I don't think is fair, and that I wish I could take away from them.

One of our DDC cohosts is dealing with tremendously overwhelming news.

And to top it off, Yellow, my hen that I picked and raised and mothered... who was finally ready to be a mother... lost her egg tonight. Brian went to check on it, since she's been sitting on it for 21 days (the normal gestation time) and it was broken. It was definitely a fertilized egg... but we will not get a chick from it. I so hope that my little hen doesn't feel the pain that I feel about the loss of her first chick.

My heart hurts for Yellow, for my friends, for the loss of so many little ones today.

Just know, my friends, I'm sending all my prayers and love.
AshleyO likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Nerd
I echo the grief for the ladies who are hurting here tonight. They have all my prayers.
AshleyO likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
August 27th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
15 weeks

Whoa. The last week has been a roller coaster.

Symptoms: My allergies are kicking my butt. Seriously. Usually I get through allergy season with my mega expensive prescription allergy meds -- the ONLY allergy meds I've ever taken that haven't made me feel foggy or sleepy. But this year... I'm on my own. I've had a sinus headache that's been ongoing since Sunday. I'm going to cave and try Zyrtec soon. Until then, 1/2 a benadryl at night.

I've had a few nights of insomnia this week. Which has made for a cranky Jeralynn...

Overall, I honestly haven't felt pregnant this week. It's kind of worrisome... I almost bought a doppler until DH convinced me that if the doctor couldn't pick it up at the last appointment, how paranoid would I be if I couldn't hear it... I agreed that it would just compound the worry I'm feeling.

Just when I was starting to panic... my hips started hurting and I could feel my uterus higher than it's been! So that was a cheaper way to feel like everything was OK.

Weight: Last I checked, I was down 26 lbs from February... about 8 of those being in the last 11 weeks. So, I still am not gaining weight, but my loss has slowed down tremendously! I've been eating more this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if I see no loss.

Cravings: String cheese. Butterfingers. Peach yogurt (the kind with actual chunks of peach in it -- not Hy-Vee brand, that's for sure!).

Aversions: Meat... although I can stomach beef. As long as it's ground.

Baby Update: Not feeling movement, really. Not looking pregnant. Not really feeling pregnant. But, looking at all my apps that tell me baby is about 4 inches long... it just melts my heart.

DH Update: He's been a beacon of support. He's also starting to ask about what we'll need and when we should start getting it. School has been a TON less stressful this year. I'm so thankful for that!

Appointments: Next Thursday can't come fast enough! Also, at 16 weeks, the hospital recommends getting started with classes/registration/etc.

Other news: I've been very emotional lately. It's hard to get really excited about things. It's really easy to get down about a lot of things. I'm hoping this gets better. In an attempt to do so, I'm going to break down some things and find the silver lining...

*Not subbing for art: The benefit is that I still will sub during that time, but will be able to devote more time now to our speech kids. I'll also get to nap on days I don't sub -- which I'm still needing early in the 2nd trimester.

*Not feeling pregnant: Not feeling sick all the time!

*Feeling like I'll never look pregnant: Good excuse to buy some maternity clothes now to help make it more obvious. Also, the pregnant art teacher tells me how good I'm looking because she can tell I've lost weight.

*A lot of losses and sad times in the DDC and TTC#1: This one's hard to find a silver lining to. But honestly, I've prayed more in the last week than I have in awhile. I also know that I've found a community that really cares for each other and celebrate the good times and mourn the hard times.

My goal for the final week of my 3rd month of pregnancy: Be positive. Find the good. Relax and be confident that my body is doing what it needs to be and that if it wasn't, it would let me know.
AshleyO likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your allergies, I hope you get a break soon. If I remember right Adrienne (another grad) dealt with allergies whilst she was preg too, you might want to check out her journal in case there were any tips for dealing. I hope you get some sleep soon either way!

I can relate to the not feeling pregnant panic but I just keeping telling myself I should make the most of being able to paint my toes etc It'll come soon enough!

Sending a your way to help with the positivity!
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say hi and let you know I was checking in on you

I cant wait to hear about your appointment next Thursday
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 28th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy to be
I soo feel you on the allergies...I have dealt with terrible allergies all my life. It's sooo miserable! I can't even clean my house properly without getting sick! Every cold front blow in etc.... took allergy shots for years.... I so hope you feel better. I hate to take meds but have you ever tried zyrtec? it is now over the counter
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
September 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry about your allergies.
I didn't even think about allergies...I have a bad time with cedar and that will be kicking in later this year...I hope I can survive it.

Are y'all finding out the gender on Thursday?

September 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope. No ultrasound again until somewhere between 18-22 weeks. Because of the headaches and my weight, the doc wants me to meet with the high risk OB to do my anatomy ultrasound. So, on Thursday, I'm HOPING AND PRAYING we schedule it. The high risk OB travels and isn't always at the clinic, so I hope that she happens to be there closer to 18 weeks than 22!!!

I caved and bough zyrtec yesterday. I should have taken one this morning, but I haven't yet. I'll probably start tomorrow and see if it helps. All of the apps tell me this week that because of all the extra blood we carry around, our mucous membranes enlarge anyway -- for some women, this causes nose bleeds. For others, it causes stuffy/runny noses. Which is only compounding the allergies!

Well, we have friends coming over for a BBQ later, so I better go finish cleaning. I'll have a big update tomorrow, probably!
September 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I hope that the BBQ is fun!
September 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
16 weeks, 5 days

Symptoms: I think I'm getting sick. Tummy troubles, allergy issues, sore bones/muscles.

Pregnancy wise: My hips are starting to ache. My nipples are crazy huge and sensitive. Puking has drastically dropped. I still tire easily. And I'm having occasional headaches -- can't tell if they're pregnancy/IIH related or sinus headaches.

Weight: So, I'd gained one pound last week. And I've lost it already... Dr. isn't worried about my lack of gain since my losing has tapered off. She was also SUPER reassuring that even though she wants me to only gain about 10 lbs, she's not going to freak out on me if I eventually gain more. She just wants me to be eating sensibly... which I am.

Cravings: CHEESE!!! Bring me all of the cheese you can, please! This is the craziest craving so far -- usually I won't eat cold cheese. But yesterday, I begged DH to go get me a brick of sharp cheddar. I then proceeded to eat 1/3 of it. Yum.

My lunches lately have been peanut butter & jelly on toasted english muffin. A huge helping of cherry tomatoes, carrots, and green pepper. Yogurt -- usually peach... sometimes cherry vanilla. Cheese stick (x2). And then either a chocolate pudding or a mini butterfinger. Seriously -- I religiously eat these things... usually it takes me 4 hours, but I love it!

Aversions: Meat. Bread. Fruit.

Baby Update: We got to hear our sweet babies heartbeat... the Dr.'s doppler finally picked it up! It took forever though. (She said she needs a new doppler... she thinks hers is haunted.) HB was 160. Dr. thinks that growth is good.

I've been feeling flutters -- mostly at night, when I'm laying on my side. Today, I thought baby was going crazy... nope. Today it WAS gas.

DH Update: DH is going to help drive a van route after school. This is kind of hilarious because DH is HORRIBLE at following driving directions and gets lost easily. BUT... first day, he did a great job! All 10 kiddos got home safe and sound. It also got him out of a staff meeting! It's $19/hr... so that bit of extra income will be beneficial with all the big purchases we've made recently!

Also, after the appointment, he took me to an Italian buffet. It was a treat! He said he's starting to really feel like this all is really happening, and wanted to celebrate again.

Appointments: Our appointment on Thursday went well. The doctor has some concerns about delivery -- mainly that bearing down can cause tremendous pressure in the upper body (more specifically, my head). She's afraid that could trigger a recurrence of my IIH headaches. So, we will talk with the neurologist. If he says no to pushing, we have two options: 1) c-section -- which could happen anyway because of the narrow pelvic arch situation... 2) labor naturally and when it comes time to push, instead of actually pushing, we let baby get as far down as he/she can and then use forceps to finish. I'm really hoping that he's not too concerned with delivery. But I'm glad that we're already talking about this at 4 months -- and not waiting til 8 months!

Our next appointment is October 3. I'll take an early glucose test and have more blood drawn. We'll also have the option of doing our quad screening at that time.

THEN... on October 12, I will meet with the high-risk OB for an ultrasound and to get their opinion on how to progress through the last half of my pregnancy with my intercranial hypertension. HOPEFULLY, we'll leave the appointment knowing if we're going to have a baby boy or girl!!! I. can. not. wait!!!

Other news:
-We bought our dining room and living room furniture. It will be delivered Sept 25.

-The BBQ went super well! It was great to get together with friends and just relax and visit!

-My mom came over yesterday, and we canned 15 pints of salsa and 8 pints of tomato sauce. The salsa is bland, but the sauce is amazing! We will probably can more sauce in 2 weeks. Yum! It's hard and long work, but oh so worth it!
September 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jeralynn, I want you to know that you are an amazing friend and though I may not always comment on here I do check in for updates!! I am so happy to hear that things are going well dear!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search