Jeralynn's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree61Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First, I'm so glad that I finally feel at ease with this huge life change that I can start my grad journal. It's been hard -- until we started TTC, I didn't realize how much heartache and loss there actually was in pregnancy. It pains me that I have to distance myself from the board of women that I've come to think of as friends. It's not fair... I will never in my life know why it's such a long journey for some women to become mothers. I will be stalking the journals of the wonderful ladies of TTC#1 until they all get their BFP. I know in my hearts that they will... and I will pray for them and send them positive thoughts until the day they make the leap to a DDC.

Our journey began on June 6th. I had an appointment w/ the neurologist and even though I was only 10 DPO, I decided to take a test. My wondfo had this weird line. It showed up after 5 minutes, and wasn't strong or too pink. But there was something there. Brian and I decided to test again on Friday.

The appointment went so well -- Dr. S (neuro) was so thrilled at my weightloss and the fact that I hadn't had a single headache since the lumbar puncture at the end of January. We discussed how he'd love to have me go off the topamax two months before we got pregnant. And agreed to discuss things after my yearly exam later in June. You see... DH & I were sure that something wasn't right with at least one of us. He's on an anti-anxiety med that is known to decrease sperm count and I wasn't convinced that I was actually ovulating properly.

On Friday, June 7th, I took another test. And another... and another... Looking at the tests now, the lines are so stinkin' light that I'm amazed we even saw anything. We even ran to the next town over and got more tests to take. I had some ClearBlue's hidden away and we took one and I almost fainted when I saw that it said "pregnant"... DH couldn't believe it so he made me do another and it showed "not pregnant". We were confused to say the least.

I went ahead and called the clinic and asked my regular doctor if she would order a blood test on Monday. We were headed to Chicago for a post-anniversary vacation and I wanted to know before we left. Sure enough, the tests got darker through the weekend and I started noticing that I was starting to feel nauseous.

The day of the hcg test was stressful. I think Brian and I will always remember our first lab experience to be scary -- as we were waiting, an older lady who had blood drawn came out of the lab and as she started walking, the bandaid failed and she started bleeding all over the hallway right in front of us. I thought that Brian was going to pass out!!! Anyway, we called 3 hours later because they told me they'd have results in an hour and I hadn't heard anything. The nurse said "um... oh... well... I don't know what to say..." I was freaking out. I finally got it out of her that my beta was at 40. She told me that it wasn't high enough for her to say that I was pregnant, it was just "elevated". I cried on the interstate as DH was driving us to his parents house. Finally I got in touch with MY doctor's nurse and she said that Dr. D said that I was definitely pregnant and not to worry about the number, that 40 is definitely pregnant. So, we headed to Chicago with the plan to retest the following Monday.

Chicago was amazing!! Highlights: Cubs game, derecho warnings, pizza, pizza, pizza, Shedd Aquarium, and downtown Naperville shopping!!!

When we came back from Chicago on Saturday, I was nauseous 90% of the time and struggling to find food that I wanted to eat. We decided that since we were at DH's parent's house and all his siblings were there, we would tell them. We went out to the car and got the bag of goodies that we purchased while in Chicago. We showed them our fresh spices, flavored balsamic, Cub's super-nacho helmets, and finally we showed them the new Cubs shirts we got: One for me, one for Brian, and a super cute little onesie.

It took them awhile to "get it"... but when they did, we were showered with love and warm wishes. It was perfect.

Monday, my parents were driving past our house, so we had them stop. We told them that we had a father's day gift for my dad (which we did...) and that we wanted to celebrate with some angelfood cake and strawberries. So they stopped after 7 hours of driving back from my grandparents house to see us. We did the same exact set-up as we did with Brian's family. Again, it took them awhile. The two things I will remember are my mom saying "Come on people, put it together" as she leaped out of her chair to come hug me, and the priceless look on my Dad's face when he put it together.

Earlier that Monday, we went and had my 2nd beta that revealed a number of 1843! A doubling rate of 30-ish hours. We also contacted the neurologist to have my meds changed to something safer (15 mg daily of buspar). Things were going well and we scheduled u/s and prenatal exams with my OB.

I still couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling that something was wrong. I really struggled to be completely excited. Then the nausea went away as did the mega-sore boobs. Cramps started and I was scared.

Finally, today, we had our first ultrasound.

Our little baby's heartbeat was 122. I'm measuring 6 weeks 2 days. EDD - February 18. Life. is. good.

Oh, and today... I puked. All symptoms are back. The cramping is still happening occasionally, but the OB said not to worry as long as I'm not spotting (which I'm not).

We have another appointment on July 11 for an 8 wk ultrasound and then at 10 weeks, I'll have a prenatal exam. I can't wait to see my baby again.

Okay, I'm sorry that was so long, I just want to remember as much as I can from this special time.
June 28th, 2013, 07:44 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Jeralynn!!!!! I am so glad you had a good U/S!!

That is such a fun way to tell your family. I am so happy for you

I am so excited to follow your journey!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats a great pic - I'm so glad everything was ok and you decided to start a grads journal. I'll definately be following your journey - I'm so happy for you!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies! "Morning" sickness has officially set in and the bloat is back today. Eating is so hard... Nothing even sounds good!

Plus, when I start feeling really sick, I get super light headed and out of it... It's really weird.

Also, I have to stop by the clinic on Tuesday to have my blood pressure taken again. It was a bit high last week and the ob wants to monitor it. I really hope that everything is okay. DH and I are trying to walk more and I am trying to limit my salt intake. I think part of it may have been nerves...

We will see...
July 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
hope all is well! Keep us posted.

July 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jeralynn I am so happy for you that I am actually crying! This is such a cute journal that I will be following often!! Take care of yourself lady and I am sure that we will keep in touch more on FB!!
ImALittleTeaPot likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
July 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
7 weeks, 0 days

Symptoms: The nausea is out of control! I've finally started puking. It seems to be triggered more by weird smells than anything else. My breasts are mega tender... occasionally I'll get shooting pains that radiate through them. It's kind of annoying.
Weight: -4 lbs
Cravings: Pickles (so stereotypical, I know... but they satisfy this need for cool, crunchy, salty goodness) and plain whole wheat pasta
Aversions: Bread and chicken
Baby Update: This week, baby will start looking more baby-like and less blob-like. That makes me so excited for the next ultrasound!!!
DH Update: DH is so sweet to me... always making sure I'm comfortable and is so willing to help me find food that I will be able to eat. He's already gained 2 lbs... I'm pretty sure that it's already because he's finishing the meals that I can't.
Appointments: Later today, we will stop and have my blood pressure checked. Hopefully it's alright. It helps that I'm not as nervous.... but I know the crazy consumption of salty pickles isn't going to help anything! Then next week, we'll have an 8 week ultrasound.

We've started planning for baby expenses. We are going to get gift cards every time we go to Wal-Mart or Target. We'd love to start actually buying baby supplies now, but it's hard to know what we'll need. Since this is the first grandbaby on both sides and first great-grandbaby on DH's side, we have a feeling that family will want to be helping however they can. So if we have a good stock of gift cards, we'll be able to buy what we need when we need it without straining our checking account!

Other news: Our garden is producing!!!! We've harvested 2 zucchinis and 3 cucumbers thus far. We have at least a dozen more of each sitting on the plants. Plus, we have blooms on our peas, beans, melons, tomatoes, and even a few on our peppers.

Thanks for checking in on me, Ashley and Elle!
AshleyO likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great journal!!! I don’t know if we have "met"officially...ive seen ya around the DDC... but I’m Stef

Totally jealous of your garden....I would love to have a garden but our back yard is small and it pretty much belongs to our two dogs.

Love your idea about gift cards...I might have to steal that idea from ya . Super-duper congrats!!
I am super excited to follow your journey.
AshleyO and ImALittleTeaPot like this.

July 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Yay for starting a grad journal!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
7 weeks, 3 days

Quick update here... we went to the in-laws for a few days - to celebrate the fourth, go to an Avett Brothers concert (which by the way was AMAZING!!!!!! Seriously - check these guys out and then book tickets to the nearest concert...), and to just get away and enjoy family for a few days.

I wish I could say it was the most awesome three days ever. It wasn't. I was sick as a dog and massively constipated (sorry for the TMI). We finally snuck away and got some colace (a god send, btw). We stayed up late and slept in late -- our schedules were crazy.

The crying has also started... something little, like DH sending me into the gas station alone while he ran to starbucks... a plan that I didn't realize until I'd already started crying. See... something little turns into a little sobbing, and then I cry uncontrollably for HOURS. I. can't. stop. it. And I don't cry gracefully, so now I'm all puffy faced and splotchy and my eyes and head are KILLING me.

I marvel every day that I have a BABY growing in me... a baby that's already demanding... baby can't get enough of Aunt S's puppy chow and baby hates when grandma makes chicken after mom tells her the smell of chicken makes baby very angry and then mom pukes. I love it. I love looking at my little bean's first ultrasound picture, I love thinking that the things we're doing this year we'll be doing with a baby next year. (I hate talking about names with family... ugh.)
But sometimes... sometimes I get so frustrated that pregnancy is so hard. I hate feeling so tired all the time, I hate that I can't eat like a normal human, I hate that when DH tries to cuddle me, I feel like screaming, and I really really hate this crying crap.

I try every day to remind myself that I am carrying a very special gift within me and I remember to be grateful.

Uh. Now, I'm going to fall asleep listening to my lovely Avett Brothers play list. And hope tomorrow is a better, more emotionally stable day.
AshleyO likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
8 weeks, 0 days

Symptoms: Puking consistently every morning. Doesn't matter if I eat crackers before getting out of bed or not... within two hours of waking, I heave. I usually feel better after that, but still get nauseous pretty frequently.

Also, sleeping is getting to be a chore - last night, I woke up at 3 AM ready to start the day... ugh. I was finally able to fall asleep again at 6:30. So thankful that first trimester is happening during summer vacation.

Oh, and colace has been my bff the last week. So glad things are coming out normally now.

Weight: -6 lbs ... about 1/2 lb from a total loss of 20 lbs since February.

Cravings: Pickles, Peaches, and Rice -- honestly, aside from saltines, that's most everything I eat. DH got me to eat some meatballs the other day and I can handle black beans pretty well. I'm totally worried I'm not getting enough protein...

Aversions: Bread, Chicken, and most other meats.... oh, and watermelon.

Baby Update: Apparently little baby with it's little arms and leg buds is starting to move around. While I can't feel anything yet, it's nice to know that baby is on it's way to being even more baby-like!

DH Update: He's a doll. It's pretty cute to see him prepare for this baby. He's updating some financial stuff to set us up better for baby. And he's starting to know what he can do to help me when I'm so sick. Ah, such a sweetie!

Appointments: I was supposed to have an u/s on Thursday, but when we stopped by the dr's office to have my blood pressure checked, we stopped to see if we could switch the u/s to Wednesday since we're going to see DH's grandma on Thursday. The receptionist informed us that whoever made the original appointment did NOT code it as an u/s and the u/s room is now booked until next Tuesday. I was pretty heartbroken, but I should be 9 weeks by then and baby will be a little more exciting to look at, right?!?!

As for my BP... my systolic number is in the 'prehypertension' range... but it was lower than it had been the week before. We just have to monitor it. The good news is that my diastolic number is well within the normal range. It dropped drastically from the first appointment. I'm kind of wondering if it's more stress related than anything -- doctors offices make me antsy. Hopefully next week, my top number will be better.

Last but not least in this update: I'm emotionally feeling much more stable than I was the other day. Even though puking daily sucks, it's still great to know that I'm experiencing normal symptoms! I seriously love this little baby. And I'm grateful for being pregnant. I'm also learning that sometimes, I just need a nap to calm down...
AshleyO likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw honey I am so sorry to hear that the morning sickness caught you! 9 weeks?! Yay!! So cute! You will be amazed at what waiting a week will do as far as growth goes for your little one. Doesn't watching your hubby get alll prepared for baby make you love him more? Joe went and got a cradle that his parents friend made for him when he was little so our future little one can sleep in it

It's good to hear that your BP is doing better at least and go weight loss!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
July 16th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Just popping by to check on you any updates??

hope you are feeling better!

July 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
It sounds like everything is right on track! So happy for you! Although sorry about the more negative side effects. The vomiting sounds pretty rough.

I can't wait to see your next us pic!

July 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
9 weeks, 0 days

Before we get into the update, thanks for checking in, ladies! I stalk you regularly and miss you all very much! I even had a dream that we all met up in a big city that I'd never been to before, and we all had our little newborn with us... except for Nicholle who had 3 newborns!

Symptoms: Puking in the morning -- doesn't matter if I eat before getting out of bed or not. Sleeping through the night will probably not happen again for 18 years. Once I get out of bed to use the restroom, I'm just awake. The constipation is getting so much better.

On Saturday, I had flu-like symptoms. Nausea, puking, no appetite, chills (but no fever), and body aches. I swear, it was the worse than morning sickness... I was helpless and pretty much slept all day.

Weight: -2 lbs this week. Total weightloss: 21 lbs! Dr told me that She doesn't want me to lose too much more... try to just maintain at this point. I told her that it's really hard because I've been eating tons of carbs, but then I get sick and so it didn't really matter... uh...

Cravings: Pretzels, maple sugar poptarts (we found some with extra fiber, so yay!), rice, peaches.

Aversions: Meat... bread (although I have been able to eat toast as long as it's super toasted!)

Baby Update: My baby is 2.2 cm and has a heartbeat of 182.

DH Update: So surprised that baby's heartbeat is so high! Dr had to reassure him that it's ok! I've been a little more helpful with cleaning/cooking the last two days, and I know he appreciates that. But he insists on doing the dirty work (taking out the trash).

Appointments: Here's the baby from today:

I still can't believe how much I love this little baby already. I seriously can't stop thinking about how amazing it is...

Anyway, the appointment: Doctor says that baby looks good and reiterated that I'm definitely pregnant! It's growing well and I was measuring 8 wk, 6 days -- so just a day off from last time.

My blood pressure was great today! Since I'm traveling 60 miles to the doctor, she said that every time we come to town to just stop by the clinic and have it checked to make sure things are OK. With my intercranial hypertension, one of my secondary symptoms was outrageously high blood pressure, so we just have to be careful. I'm kind of worried because I've been having a full feeling in the back of my head -- just like I did when my headaches started. Hopefully it's just an effect of changing from a great med to an ok-but-safe-for-baby med.

Other news: We gave Oreo (our black australorp rooster) to a family that lives on a small farm outside our little town. The family has about 10 grandkids who are out there often and when two of them came to pick up Oreo last night, he was incredibly well-behaved with them! Oreo was starting to get VERY aggressive towards Stripey (bantam rooster) and was constantly picking at Yellow (our only hen). It was so bad last night, I just cried and kicked Oreo as he had his beak clamped down on my little Yellow lady. So I think this change is for the best.

Also, I've been on a mission to super clean our bathrooms. We had really bad hardwater build up in our less-than-a-year-old toilets. I drained the bowls, laid down paper towels then soaked the towels in white vinegar and left overnight. This morning, they were all shiny clean!!!! YAY!!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
GREAT photo! I'm so glad things are going great for you hun!

I hope your headaches stay away

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
yayyyyy such a good update!!! such a great U/S pic!!! Sorry you have been feeling so bad!! Have you tried sour candies or preggo pops for the nausea??

July 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Jen! I hope they stay away too... I woke up with one this morning. Let me just say that I'm forever grateful that it's summer break and we don't have to be anywhere and I can just take it easy!!!

Elle, I have tried the preggie pop drops... they work well when I'm sucking on them, but it doesn't last! They're so yummy though...
July 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGE NEWS TONIGHT!!!!!!

Our little bantam hen, Yellow, laid her very first eggs within the last 36 hours. Holy cow! We're so proud of her!!!!

Love how fertile our land is becoming right now... chicken eggs, garden goodies galore, flowers blooming... love it!!!
July 18th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Love the update Jeralynn and your dream!!! I'm okay with 3 newborns!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot