Jen's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree84Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What a great reveal!! Too cute about your nan . xx
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 17th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
13wks2days

I finally got to go have a back massage this evening I think I mentioned it in my TTC journal but they dont do massages until after 12 weeks and up until I got my BFP i'd been going every 4 weeks for a few months so I was very sad lol. The lady said my shoulders are very tight, especially on the left, she did a good bit of work on them though whilst I was there. I've booked to go again in 3 weeks. They're happy for me to keep going as long as i'm happy to be lying o my stomach, which at the moment is no problem at all - its my new rocks for boobs that make it uncomfortable

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I LOVE your reveal story, so sweet! I've been waiting for you to tell everyone! My gram would have been the same way, a little slow to the party

I can't believe you're more than 13 weeks already! Just crazy how time flies! I am still so thrilled for you!
September 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just wanted to stop in and let you know I'm following you!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
September 26th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
14 weeks 4 days

I havent had much to update on pregnancy-wise, not to say I havent been busy! We have so much going on with the wedding prep at the moment.

I'm still fairly nauseous and its been particularly nasty this past couple of days, but I suspect that becuase i've been having trouble sleeping. I'm now finding its uncomfortable to lie on my belly or my back. So my side it is, but its uncomfortable and makes me neck sore!

Otherwise, things seem to be going well. I'm getting lots of cramping and pulling which can only mean that my LO is growing big and strong. Still working on getting DF to agree to an extra scan at around 17weeks as it seems sooooo long to wait till the one just before the wedding.

Wedding plans at the moment.....
- this wedding meeting with the venue to confirm final numbers and meal choices
- On monday I'm going for a fitting of my wedding dress
- next weekend meeting with a seamstress to get one of my bridesmaids dresses altered
- weekend of the 12th - hen do part one with family members, the sunday is our hair trials (me and the bridesmaids)
- weekend of the 18th - hen do part two, friday to sunday with my girlfriends
- the 27th we're meeting with our photographer
- 31st I'm having a make up trial

Busy busy busy. We also need to go finalise our flower arrangements and our venue decorations. Sure there's other things too!

I'm amassing quite the stash of baby clothes too, i'll share a photo soon as I dont have one at the moment! They're all VERY cute though

I am now wearing some maternity clothes, mostly trousers and jeans as although my normal ones fit, they're uncomfortable around my belly. Sometimes I just leave them unbuttoned but it doesnt look very good lol!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

September 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
JEN!!!! First of all, I LOVE your new siggy!

Second, your wedding plans sound so fun so far... busy, but fun. The big day is going to come so fast!

I totally understand what you mean about non-maternity pants. I invested in a belly band, and I love it! I can wear my pants unbuttoned/unzipped but no one can tell... it's like my little secret.

Good luck with all the wedding plans! Enjoy every minute!! I'll be watching for more updates, dear!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's my stash of baby clothes so far

I tried taking a belly pic this morning too but couldn't get one to come out good, will have to wait till DF has chance I guess!

September 30th, 2013, 08:35 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I can't even handle the cuteness of your baby clothes!!! Ahhh!! The little zebra and cow are killing me

And wow are you close to your wedding day. How exciting -- so much for you to look forward to!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
The baby clothes are adorable!!

And I can't wait for your wedding!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImALittleTeaPot View Post
JEN!!!! First of all, I LOVE your new siggy!

Second, your wedding plans sound so fun so far... busy, but fun. The big day is going to come so fast!

I totally understand what you mean about non-maternity pants. I invested in a belly band, and I love it! I can wear my pants unbuttoned/unzipped but no one can tell... it's like my little secret.

Good luck with all the wedding plans! Enjoy every minute!! I'll be watching for more updates, dear!
Thanks, i love my new siggie too!

About the belly bands...I did buy a couple in two different sizes. One was too big and didnt do anything. The other seemed to fit ok but when I used it, it just rolled up my belly Any suggestions?? Am I just between sizes at the moment?

September 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those clothes are sooooo super cute Cant wait for a bump pic!!!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
15 wks 5 days

I felt like I should come and do another update, albeit I dont really have anything new to add! Perhaps a new round up of symptoms:

- nausea, still here, I'm still taking my anti-nausea medication AND still vomiting once or twice a day, or more if i'm tired. I've found lack of sleep makes my morning sickness a million times worse
- exhaustion, pretty self explanatory. I'm sleeping ok, not great but ok. I'm getting up at least twice a night to pee and then it takes a while for me to get comfy before I get back to sleep. I cant sleep on my belly anymore, and its uncomfortable on my back. So side sleeping it is, which is hard to get used to!
- round ligament pain - OUch! It's been here for the last week or so, its really uncomfortable, especially if I move too quick or bend funny. Coughing also makes it hurt. Its kind of reasssuring though as I know it means baby is growing big and strong!
- Belly growth, I guess I can class this as a symptom?! My belly is definately changing shape, I've gained about 4lbs since before I did IUI. So not too bad in total, i guess the sickness is making a difference there. My belly definately looks like i've put on way more than 4lbs! I'm wearing a fair few maternity clothes now, especially trousers, i also ahve a couple of tops and nice dresses

I cant really think of any others. I'm otherwise doing great, i'm very happy right now. I honestly cant wait to be a mummy and a wife. Not too much longer to wait for the latter, 5 weeks today in fact

Next appt is the 16th with the midwife, then the 6th November at the hospital with the consultant and for my 20 week scan

October 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had trouble with belly bands, too. I know some people swear by them but I had to keep tugging on them all the time. I found it more comfortable to just go straight to maternity clothes and especially once I figured out how comfortable they were!!! Glad everything is going well!

October 8th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love your updates! So excited for you!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
October 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I want to see a belly pic!!! Please?
October 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
17wks 2days

Its been a rough week here - non wedding, non pregnancy related, family stuff. Not to be discussed here but nonetheless, its been and is going to be difficult for a while. Any positive thoughts you can send mine and DFs way are appreciated

In pregnancy news, I had my midwife appointment last thursday. It all went well, the babys heartbeat was in the 150's. The midwife is still not warming herself to me, really scatterbrained. She had actually 'mislaid' (her words) my blood test results and had to call up for them whilst we were there! And she always makes us feel rushed and like we're being a PITA just being there. Unfortunately she's the only midwife attached to my GP practice so there isnt anyone else I can see

Also in baby news, I *think* i've started feeling some movement. I noticed it first last monday (16+1), I was laid in bed on my side and felt something like rolls/flutters. Felt something again last thursday (16+4) after the midwife appointment. Since sunday (17) to today (tuesday 17+2) I've felt something each day, at this point i'm pretty sure its baby rather than my digestive system lol! Its a wondeerful feeling but the funny thing is, it realllly doesnt help with my nausea! It makes me feel quite quesy, hopefully i'll get used to it!

And in realllllly exciting news, just this morning I have booked for us to go have a private gender scan on thursday! I cant wait, given all the crappyness we've had going on we decided it would be nice to find out sooner to cheer us both up. I just hope this LO cooperates! So I will fill you all in ASAP!

In wedding news, its getting closer....3 weeks on Friday! I had part one of my hen do on Saturday, mostly with family and my bridesmaids plus a couple of friends. I had a lovely time, we played some funny hen games, like make a toilet roll wedding dress, pin the willy on the naked man poster and other such things

Oh and I finally managed to get a belly pic, my mirrors at home are just not set up for taking them so I took the opportunity to use the bathroom at the venue for the hen do! I'm pretty sure baby had a growth spurt this weekend too as my abdomen has been soooo sore!

....grrrr photobucket isnt saving my edits of the photo, ill post it soon!
Belita likes this.

Last edited by Jen@FirsAve; October 15th, 2013 at 03:54 AM.
October 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm so sorry about the family issues. You and your DF will be in my thoughts. I hope that everything is okay.

I'm super excited about finding out the gender of your baby and that you felt movement! I can't believe how close your wedding is, too!! Very exciting stuff!!

October 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lets try this again with the belly pic...

Woohoo! it worked!
blueeyes25s, Belita and AshleyO like this.

October 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Adorable!!!!
October 15th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Of course I can't see the pic, I'm looking from my work computer. Okay, I'll check when I get home. Still so for you!!!!

Of course positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way (and DF and family's way).

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot