Jen's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree84Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
20 + 3 days

Half way mark I honestly cant believe I'm here already! Time seems to be flying by, particularly I think due to the fact i'm getting married on Friday!!

We're going for our 20 week scan this afternoon, where hopefully the LO will still be a boy and all will look great. We're also meeting with my obstetric consultant to discuss the rest of my pregnancy (i'm under consultant care due to my hip and the fact we did IUI). We've been told to expect to be at the hospital for at least 3 hours so it could be a looooong day!

This evening i'm taking meg up to my sisters, where she will be staying whilst we're on our honeymoon.

Otherwise, things are coming along nicely. I feel like we have a million things to do before friday but I know we'll get through them eventually!
blueeyes25s and AshleyO like this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

November 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Oh, Jen! I'm so excited for you!!! The halfway mark is such an exciting milestone! I hope your appointments go well and that little baby boy is healthy!

I'll be thinking of you on Friday. I love being married, and my wedding day was one of the best days of my life. Just remember to relax and enjoy every single moment -- don't get caught up in the little details. HAVE FUN AND LOVE THAT MAN OF YOURS!!!
Jen@FirsAve and AshleyO like this.
November 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
So exciting!!! I can't believe you are half way through; before you know it you will be sharing your birth story with us. Enjoy every minute and have fun taking a peek at your son

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It literally seems like yesterday you got your BFP!! How time flies. I hope your little one is still a boy as well! Marriage can be a crazy roller coaster sometimes but it is a fantastic one! I will be thinking of you and I hope your appointment goes well!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
November 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
Yaaayyyy for being half way Jen!!! And I am so excited that your wedding was yesterday!! (you meant the 8th right? haha)

You have to share pics! And keep us posted on how everything goes with the consulting appointment!
November 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
CONGRATULATIONS JEN!!! Welcome to married life! I hope your wedding was everything you hoped it would be and that you are thoroughly enjoying your honeymoon!
November 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hope it was amazing!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
November 18th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to married life lady!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Hoping the scan went well. Cannot wait to hear from you!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
November 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your wedding looked soo amazing and you looked absolutely beautiful!!! I am so so so happy for you I cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

November 19th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
22 weeks 2 days

Thank you everyone for popping in and for your well wishes I am officially back in the UK albeit not been on JM much as i'm trying to sort stuff out as well as getting back into work!

The wedding was an amazing day, everything went to plan AND the honeymoon was fantastic - just the break we both needed. I promise to share more details and photos in due course but I'm just too tired at the moment lol. There have been some photos posted on fb for those of you who i'm friends with on there

Our 20week appointment went great, LO is still a boy! Growing big and strong, everything looked good (they checked his brain and organs and bone length etc). I met with a junior doctor (not the consultant as i expected but I went with the theory that they're obviously not too worried about my pregnancy if they're sending me a trainee!). The Doc was nice and explained that due to my history of arthiritis which was auto-immune they want me to have an extra scan at 32 weeks (end of jan) just to check that baby is growing nicely. Other than that, I also booked the appointment to have my GTT - christmas eve - lucky me!

We got some more photos, he was laid face up and head down (i have an anterior placenta)

Otherwise, i'm still having some sickness - although its usually first thing in a morning now and pretty manageable with my medication. My bump is definately growing - I finally had to cave and go buy some maternity trousers for work today. I have photos of bump too which I shall share soon but there is no mistaking i'm pregnant now! I'm feeling more and more movement each week, I had two huge kicks whilst we were on holiday but we've still not felt any from the outside - I cant wait for DH (!) to feel a kick / punch, he's taken to talking to my belly now which is so cute!

We're planning on doing the majority of our baby shopping in the new year so I get to spend the next few weeks writing a big wish list

Anyway..more another day. I'm pooped and need to go sort some food.
AshleyO likes this.

November 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
He's beautiful, Jen! I'm so glad that your wedding and honeymoon went well. The pictures on FB are beautiful!!
November 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Awwww such great pics thanks for sharing!!!!

November 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I just can feel the happiness and love in your words, Jen. I am still so thrilled for you!! And the photos of your baby are just awesome.

I kinda can't believe you were able to wait this long to buy maternity pants! I've been wearing mine for 2+ weeks already!

Enjoying settling into new married life, although I suspect it won't be much different for you
December 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
24 weeks

I just shared a bump pic on fb and wanted to share with you lovelies too! yep that is paint on meg - we're decorating and she likes to 'help', luckily its just emulsion!

December 1st, 2013, 03:35 PM
Beautiful picture! I'm so happy for you!
December 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Awwww Jen Beautiful!

December 6th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
24 + 5 weeks

I've taken the day off work today as its been a looong week and i'm tired, so its also the perfect opportunity to finally do a proper wedding update!

The day was amazing, the night before the wedding me and my bridesmaids stayed at the hotel. Due to travel, onlytwo of them could make it early enough for dinner so we went off to TGI fridays - yum!

The mornig of the wedding, we ordered breakfast room service and over the course of the morning our hairdressr, make up lady, my mum, the photographer and very briefly my dad, also joined us. We had two adjoining rooms so we had plenty of space to get ready.

Prior to the ceremony me and DH both had to meet with the registrar (separately of course) to confirm who we are lol. My dad also came along too as his details go on the wedding licence.

The ceremony was lovely, I managed to hold back the tears right until the end of saying my vows. My brother did us a reading and did a great job of it!

After the ceremony, we headed outside for photos and drinks. The rain even stayed away for the most part - yay! I had bought a bunch of white golf umbrellas 'just in case' and they came in handy when the rain did start and they came in handy as photo props.

Following photos - which was a very cold affair but good fun. Lovely to spend some time just me and DH (with the photographer of course). Afterwards we headed inside for the wedding breakfast. We had soup or tomato and mozerella salad to start, roast beef dinner or veg pie for main and treacle tart or baileys cheesecakefor pudding. The food was amazing! Lots of clean plates around the room, so we were pleasd with that.

After dnner was the speeches, first DH- where he shared with everyone that we're having a boy, or another 'best man' as he put it. Then my dad did a short speech which was nice and then DH's three best men did their speech jointly. Was very funny. If I ever get chance i'll upload it to youtube so you can have a watch.

Pretty much then everyone had a break, we took some more photos, people checked into their rooms etc.

In the evening we did our cake cutting - cake was AMAZING (photo to follow) and then our first dance Then the evening disco, which everyone seemed to enjoy. I didnt see much of DH in the evening though as we both spent time talking with our guests. I managed to last until 11.30pm so only missed the last 40 minutes of the disco, i'm a bit sad about this thinking back but I was beat and knew I had to get up at 5.30am to leave for the airport.

Theres so much more I could share but I would be here forever! In the meantime, here are a few photos. We are still waiting for the officia photos but the photographer has already shared a couple of sneak peaks which are exciting!

December 6th, 2013, 10:52 AM
You guys look soooo happy Everything looks beautiful!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

December 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
You look beautiful.
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
December 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
25 + 6 weeks

Short update just to make note of things. .

Baby kicked meg for the first time tonight lol she was laid with her head rested on my belly and baby did a really big kick. Meg just jumped up lifted her and gave me a look to say 'why did you do that? !' unfortunately dh hasnt felt baby kick yet but I'm hoping it won't be long

We've been talking names, so far we have a handful of boys names that we like but can't decide on one we love yet. We have however decided on an EMERGENCY girls name lol fun!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger, feeling more uncomfortable by the end if the day now and im not having a great time sleeping at the moment which means im tired all the time

We finally got some more of our wedding photos back, about 120 and thetes about 350 total so still lots more to go but we're loving them so far

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search