Jen's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree84Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so glad that you love your wedding pictures.

I'm sorry that you haven't been sleeping well. I'm so excited about your baby!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww sweet Meg that is so cute.

I have loved all your wedding pics I have seen so far!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jen!

How fun that Meg got to feel baby! It's frustrating waiting for DH to be able to feel movements... but believe me, soon enough he'll feel them and it will be glorious!

I really hope sleeping gets better for you - it's so hard to be exhausted from just being pregnant and then be even more exhausted from getting crummy sleep!!!

I'm LOVING seeing your wedding pictures. They are gorgeous! I think it's awesome that you're getting them in increments. We had to wait until all of ours were ready, and it felt like torture having to wait! I'd much rather have gotten a few at a time!

Happy 26+2 weeks of being pregnant and 1 month, 1 week, and 2 days of being married! So fun!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
December 19th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
26 + 4 weeks

Its soooo nice to say that after Meg felt baby kick on Saturday, that DH felt baby kick the very next day! On sunday - right as I reached 26 weeks! The little man was having a disco in my belly late in the evening so I got DH to sit with his hand on my belly and tadah! he felt some reallly good kicks. Sooooo happy!

I'm feeling the LO move every day now which I love, mostly in the morning and then evening & night. Sometimes I get some really big kicks which a sore, especially around my ribs or pelvis but I'll take them I love how dependable it is, so reassuring after months of anxiety.

Everything else is pretty much the same, still nauseous most days and vomiting fairly regularly (albeit not daily now). Still taking the anti nausea medication which helps. I tried without it a couple of weekends ago and was miserable! I felt sooo poorly and just couldnt function. So it looks like I might need it till the end. Oh well, no biggie.

Food-wise my biggest aversion is chicken - bleurgh. I'm just hoping turkey is dissimilar enough that I can manage some with my christmas dinner! I love christmas dinner! lol! Otherwise, i'm finding I have less and less space in my belly so feeling full after smaller amounts, plus drinks take up lots of space so try to avoid drinks just before or with meals (which i always usually have). My weight is slowly creeping up which is about normal and there is no mistaking my bump now, I do love my bump so much. I know some ladies (including a friend of mine) never liked their bumps but I'm in love with mine.

We are slowly getting through our huge shopping list! We have our nursery furniture arriving on monday. I cant remember if I said but we've bought a cotbed with matching wardrobe and dresser. Its so beautiful and I cant wait to have it all set up. I'm slowly running out of space for all the baby things i'm accumulating - both with shopping and the things i'm having donated by friends and family. We've even been given a highchair by DHs sister, it will store away nicely in our loft for a while but its one other thing we're not going to have to buy. Next big purchases will be car seat and pushchair, we've already done some browsing on line so will hopefully get those chosen in the new year.

We havent decided on a name for the LO and likley wont till he arrives but we do have a few favourites on our list.

We're about ready for christmas here, I've done all of my shopping (as of yesterday) and all but my dads gift is wrapped. DH still has a bit to do and is planning on doing that this weekend (good luck to him with the crowds). As much as i'm excited for christmas, I'm also really looking forward to christmas next year knowing our little man will be here! It'll all be so different and exciting!

Wedding photos and still coming in slowly but surely, we now have 210 out of 347 photos. I have some firm favourites so far, a few of which we've put on fb but i have some others that i'll have to share with you all when I get chance - including an amazing one of my bump (which you cant really see in a lot of the photos due to the style of my dress unless you look reallllly closely lol).

Its funny...I'm always thinking of things I want to include in my journal (normally at night whilst i'm trying to sleep! The difficulty sleeping continues) but when it comes to writing an entry I always feel like i'm forgetting something! Please shout up if theres something really obvious i've not mentioned!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

December 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM
It sounds like everything is coming together! I'm very, very happy and excited for you.

December 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
28 +1 wweeks

Quick update as I'm poorly sick with a horrible cold yuckyness.

Last week was busy fot baby, had my gtt Christmas eve, yep it was as gross as expected but I did manage the 2 hours without vomiting! I also had my routine 28 week bloods taken which just check up on me, including for anaemia.

I saw my midwife on Friday - got my anti-d jab, and the practice nurse for my pertussis jab. I hot my results too, I passed the gtt and im not anaemic yay!

This weekend I had a couple of horrendous nose bleeds, I can't remember the last time I had a nose bleed before now . Its worse with such a sensitive gag reflex that it makes you vomit. Oh the mess.

Since boxing day ive been feeling more sick, with a cough stuffy nose and sore throat and ear ache. I'm currently missing good cold remedies that are actually effective but lying in bed with my little man kicking away does help. I'm stuck with hot lemon, olbas oil and paracetamol. Anyone with any other tips please shout up! My m/s has upped its game again as im waking up with so much rubbish on my chest in a morning and my gag reflex is so sensitive after 28 weeks of vomiting.

My little man is getting more and more active and strong. I'm feeling him all the time now and getting to know what makes him wriggle more lol. I love it!

December 31st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Jen I love your siggie!!!! Those are all such amazing pics So glad all your tests went well and that you are feeling your LO wiggle around

I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

December 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
It must be such an amazing feeling to feel your baby move inside of you! I'm so happy and excited for you!

Jen@FirsAve likes this.
January 6th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
29+1 weeks

Its been a lurgy and germy filled week here, I'm just starting to feel a little better but still producing a lot of phlegm off my chest which is just gross! Its worse in a morning and at night and I cant wait for it to go away altogether. I've missed my cold remedies that actually work - hot lemon doesn't help much!

My boy is getting stronger and stronger, a lot of his kicks now make my belly move or wobble lol its really weird to see but I love it! I think he's had a growth spurt this past couple of days as my bump has been really sore and tender, it seems to happen this way every couple of weeks. I guess its just my insides and outsides adjusting!

We're getting there with the baby prep at home, we have our wardrobe and dresser up. We haven't made up the cot bed yet but as baby wont be using it for thr first few months theres no rush, plus we want to finish up the nursery first to make space for it. We've ordered a decal for the wall of the nursery too - its a woodland theme, with a tree and flowers and cute animals like fox, deer and rabbits.

I just got a message today to say my pushchair has arrived at the store for me to go collect it so I'll go pick it up one night this week.

We have the health visitor coming to see us on Monday. They are responsible for baby's health after I stop seeing the midwife when little man arrives, until he reaches school age. They follow a national child health programme and do weight checks, vaccs etc. Hopefully the lady we have coming will be friendly, I called today to bring forward the appointment for an hour and she seemed nice enough.

I do also have a few other appts coming up - 16th Jan seeing Midwife for a check up and then 29th Jan for a scan and apt with my consultant to check little man is growing properly.

Its pretty much set that I'll be starting my maternity leave from work on the 21st Feb, so I have about 7 weeks left. I'm just hoping it goes quickly and I stay healthy in the meantime. Being ill, pregnant and not sleeping and trying to work full time is pretty exhausting!

Sadly, DH's granddad died on new years day. Only about 6 months after he was diagnosed with cancer. So very sad but he passed peacefully in a hospice with his wife and children at his bedside. The funeral is going to be on the 15th Jan. As he was Major of the town its likely to be a busy and fancy affair.

Otherwise we're doing great here, we're making good progress on our decorating around the house and managing to slowly but surely get ready for our little mans arrival. I'm getting so excited to meet him already

January 7th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your DH's granddad passed away. That is so sad.
January 8th, 2014, 09:57 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Great update, Jen. The differences between UK's health care system and the US's is so interesting to me. I can't remember, is your maternity leave very good? Mine is pretty poor at 6 paid weeks off.

Do you have any names picked out?

I'm also sorry to hear about DH's grandfather but at least he didn't suffer long.
January 13th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Great update, Jen. The differences between UK's health care system and the US's is so interesting to me. I can't remember, is your maternity leave very good? Mine is pretty poor at 6 paid weeks off.

Do you have any names picked out?

I'm also sorry to hear about DH's grandfather but at least he didn't suffer long.
We have great maternity leave over here in comparison - I don't mention too often as I can imagine it would annoy you US mums! I'm entitled to a whole 12 months off work - 6 months at full pay, 3 months at half pay and another 3 months at zero pay. Luckily we can afford for me to take off the last 3 months between DHs salary and money i'm hoping to save whilst off. It will actually work out that i'm off for almost 13 months as I accrue holidays during maternity leave so will have 5 weeks off annual leave to tag on at the end of my statutory maternity leave.

Name wise - we have a handful of names we like but are pretty set on not choosing one until he arrives, we want to meet him and see what he looks like first. We'll be going pretty traditional on names though, whatever we end up going with.

January 13th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
30+1 weeks

Yay 30 weeks !!!! I feel its a really big milestone for us to reach, I've been waiting for it for so long. As i'm not due till the 23rd of March, theres lots of ladies in my DDC who are much farther along than me. 30 weeks is here though and I couldn't be happier!

We did have a little scare this past Friday, Thursday our LO's movements seem to have been less but still there. However whilst I would usually feel him loads during the night and first thing in the morning, Thursday night and Friday morning I barely felt anything - just a couple of big swirly type movements, no kicks at all. This had me freaking out. I called and spoke with my midwife and she encouraged me to have something else to eat and drink - something sugary. But 40 mins later I felt nothing more so we called up the pregnancy unit at the hospital and they asked for us to go in. We arrived by about 9.45am and after an exam, I was attached to a monitor to track his heart rate and a clicker for me to press everytime I felt a movement. Overall we were on the monitor for about an hour and a half because I had a couple of gaps where the machine lost the trace (the midwife had explained this might happened because at his size, baby has enough space still to move completely out of the way, with bigger babies this doesn't often happen). Everything looked great though, average heart rate of around 130 with accelerations to 145/150. Movement picked up a little too. I then had a scan with a midwife sonographer (a very clever - double qualified lady!) who checked over baby and blood flow etc. Again everything looked great, he was head down and hanging out on my left side. He measured about 3lbs 10oz - right on track. Talking to the midwives they said a lot of things could account for me feeling less movements, including babies changing their sleeping habits, him growing bigger so he has less space to move as much and also his position - especially given my anterior placenta. They were all great though, very reassuring and said theyd much rather I have come in to get good news, rather than sit at home worrying and there turn out to be an issue.

Since Friday, I've still not been feeling him during the night so I suspect he's changed up his sleeping habits. I have been feeling him more throughout the day though - midwife says normal is between 9am and 6pm and today especially he's been very lively. I'll just be keeping a closer eye on his movements and making sure I have some fizzy drink in the house to drink just in case of worries lol!

Today we had our health visitor come see us at home. I think I mentioned before but they have a statutory responsibility for babies health until 5 and a half years (school age). They have recently started doing ante-natal visits to allow them to get to know the parents before the baby arrives and give them opportunity to ask any questions. It went really well, I should have plenty of support available for breastfeeding (which i'm planning on doing) and we'll next see the health visitor routinely at around 10 days post partum or when we're discharged by the midwife.

In other news, we have our pushchair! I love it! Its all set up now just waiting for our little mans arrival. It does forward and rear facing and lies flat so I can use it from newborn which is fab.

Work-wise I'm starting to umm and arrr about when I'm starting my mat leave. Currently my last day is going to be the 21st Feb, however I'm sooooo tired and physically exhausted come the end of the day that I don't know whether I should be finishing earlier. As I mentioned above there are no issues with me using up limited time before he arrives. Hmmm....something to think about and discuss with my manager at work I think.

Cant think of anything else for now! ....Except 30 WEEKS

January 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry that you had a scare, but I'm very glad that everything is okay! Yay for 30 weeks!!
January 17th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Your maternity leave is so amazing I am a little jealous But that is so amazing that they give you guys that opportunity!

I am so sorry about your scare I am really glad they brought you in and were able to let you know everything is alright.

Congrats on 30 weeks!!!

February 4th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
33+4 weeks

Phew its been a while since I updated. Been busy here getting things ready and trying to make it through my last few weeks at work. Good news to start with, our friends who were due on the 25th with their first, had him on the 31st. Mum ended up with an emergency C-section and was in hospital for 3 days but theyre both home now and doing well. He's so cute and all the photos on fb are making me all the more anxious for our little man to get here already!

Last Wednesday (at 32+3) we had our 32 week growth scan. It showed i'm growing a giant baby lol. Seriously, our little man is on or above the 90th centile in each of the three measurements they make and his estimated weight is already 5lb 10oz! After the scan I met with one of the doctors, they explained that given his size they want me to have a repeat growth scan at 36 weeks. Depedning on the results of that they may have me repeat my GTT (I passed fine first time) to check for late onset GD and then we may also talk early induction. Usual standards here in the UK is that they wont schedule induction until 42 weeks. They said that given his size and dependant on GTT they may look at inducing between 37-40 weeks (i.e. term). I wont find out till the end of the month though so trying not to worry too much about it, theres isn't too much I can do to change things at this point.

Otherwise, baby looked great, he's head down and plenty active. He's favourite trick is wedging his feet up in my ribs! Especially when i'm working lol!

The nursery is pretty much finishing decorating-wise, I put the decals up the week before last and they look great. we went with a woodland animal theme in the end - so cute. I'm currently in the process of making some dividers for the wardrobe (i.e. newborn size, 0-3, 3-6 etc). Then I have all the washing and putting away of clothes to do. Which will now be a lot easier as we purchased a tumble dryer at the weekend. Only used it once so far to dry some towels but I love it already.

This evening, I've started my 'to do' list of jobs I want sorting before the little man arrives. Its about 1 side of a4 so far, hopefully we wont have too much trouble getting them all done.

I've also made a start on my list for things to pack in my hospital bag. Also quite a long list at the moment, i'm just borrowing ideas from the ladies in my DDC and friends / family. Luckily our friends had their baby at the same hospital where i'll be delivering so they gave some tips about what to take.

Cant really think of anything else to add. oh, today is the first day in months I've not taken my anti-sickness meds (I forgot last night) and I've felt ok, just super hungry! Hopefully this is a good thing. I was planning on trying to stop taking them when I started my maternity leave anyway but i'll see how I get on. I cant be dealing with nausea when i'm trying to concentrate at work.

February 4th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I am so glad everything is looking so good with your (big) little man I am so excited for you!!! I am also glad you are feeling better with out your meds. I hope that continues for you!

You will have to share your list when it is all done so I can borrow from it

February 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Well done on finishing up the nursery! You should post some pictures. I would love to see it.

Also, I agree with Elle - please post your list when you are done. I am curious.
February 28th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Urgh I typed a long update this morning and my internet crapped out so I lost it grrrr!

336+55

All is going well here, had my last scan this Wednesday. Little guy is still measuring big at the 95th centile and about 7lbs5oz. Everything else looks good though so no induction! I just have another appt booked for 40 + 3 weeks to check on me and do a sweep.

Nursery will be finished this weekend. After some crazy hormone induced nesting we've moved the spare bed from the nursery and made space for a nursing chair. We bought one last weekend and it just arrived this morning so once thats all sorted it'll be done. I'll be sure to take some photos to share

The next bit I want to post a warning about - it mentions infant loss so any mums or mums to be that don't want to read please skip this bit.

My ddc has been pretty much on fb these days and we've gotten much closer. I woke up this morning to see that one of the ladies had her baby boy yesterday but he sadly died. Its so so sad and tragic, there aren't really any words. We don't know what happened but she'd been in and out of l&d for the past couple of weeks with contractions (not her first baby) but nothing had been flagged as a problem. So scary. It just makes me want my little guy here now.

March 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jen! Catching up on your updates... So excited for you! That little guy will be here before you know it. Enjoy these last few weeks -- although they can feel miserable at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search