Em #1 journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
6w3d

I finally talked myself into starting this journal! Today I thought, if you just found out you were pregnant, would you be near as worried as you are now? And no, I wouldn't be. These boards are a blessing, but sometimes they create unnecessary worry for me, and I need to pull back a little.

The exhaustion has really started. On Friday I came home from work deliriously tired at 5:30 p.m. and still had to pack for our long weekend in New England. I could have just fallen asleep standing up at 6 p.m. I threw what I could into a suitcase, did some cleaning, ate dinner and was in bed at 8:30 feeling like I had done too much.

My nausea is pretty bad today, too. FX -- I haven't thrown up yet. Haven't gone for a run since that 1/2 marathon 1.5 weeks ago. It just sounds overwhelming right now, but going from running that distance to doing nothing, I still feel like a sloth.

I bought my first baby items -- A Steelers onesie and a Cowboys onesie I'm showing DH tonight!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for starting a journal! !

Glad to hear things are going well and that you've yet to throw up, I hope the vomiting stays away for you!

Do you have a scan planned yet? When's your next appointment?

Did DH like the onesies?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 20th, 2013, 12:13 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yayy for your journal

Look forward to following you on here

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 23rd, 2013, 05:54 AM
7w1d

Blah Monday! The weekend was great but went by too quickly. I don't have much going on at work this week other than slogging away at this upcoming festival. No evening meetings, but my whole family is going to see The Lion King on Wednesday! Can't wait.

Yesterday was a rough day symptom-wise. Nauseous pretty much all day. The exhaustion kicked in pretty darn heavily, but I still went to the Steelers game with DH (it was so much fun, but we lost - AGAIN ) I had a nightmare about being at the hospital giving birth and instead of a baby they realized it had turned into seaweed months ago. It was pretty disturbing, actually down right effed up! Definitely a symbol of my worrying.

Cannot wait til my appointment next Wednesday. And my boss will be gone all next week!! Woo hoo!
September 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM
8w1d

Looks like Monday is my update day.

Very excited for my appt on Wednesday. I had some spotting on Saturday a.m. (a bit on Thurs/Friday a.m. too), mostly when I have a bowel movement. I called my doc on Saturday a.m. and he said it's likely b/c of my ectropion cervix. It's more "friable" which basically means its more sensitive and can bleed more easily.

The good thing to come out of it is that he ordered an ultrasound along with my appt! Yeehaw! It's my MIL's birthday on Wednesday so I'd love to be able to give her an image of her first grandbaby that day

Otherwise things are fine. Pretty nauseous throughout the day, mostly in the a.m. Have not thrown up yet, but I'm tired a lot in the evenings and my breasts still hurt. Trying to eat more protein as that's usually what helps. I've found that the Zyrtec I'm taking a few times a week for my allergies helps with the nausea, too! That's a big win.

2 rough weeks of work ahead. I'll be telling coworkers next week before this 2-day event I coordinate -- I have to, what with the all of the heavy lifting, running from one end of the park to the other, and the long 13 hour days ahead.
October 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Here is Little H! Measuring right on at 8.5 weeks. Hb was 152! It was so incredible to hear that. Everything else is looking good. We are ecstatic and I feel so much better!
What I also learned:
-I have a tilted uterus. Well, I knew this before, but had forgotten - they had to do a vaginal u/s. Not sure what this means for l & d if anything?
-Spotting is from my friable cervix. No bleeding anywhere else. Thank God!
-I have small cyst on my right ovary that is going down already. I long suspected that -- I've had twinges on that side for several months. But...
-...I also ovulated on that side! So apparently it's in working order.

Jen@FirsAve, KellJoO and sarav like this.
October 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great pic, glad it all went well. Its quite common to have an ovarian cyst on the side you O'd from when pregnant, called a corpus leuteum (?sp) cyst. It supports your pregnancy by producing progesterone until the placenta takes over. It should go away on its own in good time!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 4th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ah good to know, thanks! Although I highly suspect this cyst was there before that. I could feel twinges and odd extra discomfort there during my cycles. But I hope you're right!
October 14th, 2013, 06:42 AM
10w1d

Yay for double digits. Boo for being sick today -- a very bad sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and general headache and body aches. Ugh. I'm not sure how to tackle this one.

Everything else is going great. I've been taking Zyrtec once a day to manage my allergies and it's still helping big time with morning sickness/all day sickness. There is no way I'd be able to make it through my work meetings without it -- it'd be bad.

We haven't bought too many things yet -- I don't know I guess I'm still being weirdly cautious. I have my NT scan in two weeks! Looking forward to seeing Little H again and seeing how much he/she has grown.
AshleyO likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
on your pregnancy! I am so happy for you.
October 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, beautiful U/S pic, Em! Thats got to be an amazing feeling to see the baby and hear the heartbeat!!

Sooooo so happy for you.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
October 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw!!! Still so happy for you EM!!!!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
October 17th, 2013, 07:06 AM
yayyy beautiful pic of baby!!!!!

October 31st, 2013, 11:14 AM
12w4d

Happy Halloween! I am finally feeling better and am so thankful to have more energy. I am thanking God every day for getting me this far and for returning my energy. I wonder how much of my exhaustion was due to the sinus infection -- I could have been sicker for longer than I realized.

I don't have to eat as often now as the nausea has started to wane. I do still get gaggy over smells and brushing my teeth is still hard.

Here is a 12 week shot of Little H from my NT scan on Monday (which came back with very low odds, thank you Lord!)

I am so terribly excited!!
Jen@FirsAve and AshleyO like this.
October 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

BEAUTIFUL Em.

I'm so glad you're finally feeling better and not sick to your tummy so often! Thats got to be great.......and you can finally ENJOY pregnancy! I cant believe you're 12 weeks already. Holy crap. Where did the time go?!
AshleyO likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
November 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
That is fantastic news!!!! hi baby So glad you are feeling better!
AshleyO likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw what a beautiful little baby! HI little one!

So glad you are feeling better.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
November 27th, 2013, 06:21 AM
16w3d

Boy it's been awhile! I should have had my 16w appt today at the midwife center but I rescheduled it until next week. We were supposed to get this huge winter storm, and I didn't want to get snowed in at my house and be stuck (DH left over the weekend to head to his family's homestead).

I've been feeling so, so much better. Lots of energy, very little nausea. My boobs still hurt on and off, but if it means that I'll no longer be a small B-cup, bring it on! I felt the baby move the other night and that was amazing. I cant' wait until I start feeling it more often and then when DH and I can feel baby from the outside.

I'm feeling really guilty about not working out. I had high hopes for this pregnancy -- yoga, some running, regular working out. I need to get back on the wagon; I'll only be doing myself a disservice if I don't.

So here is my bump at 16 weeks!

November 27th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Awwwww Em you look fantastic!!!!

January 2nd, 2014, 06:58 PM
21w4d

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated here! Clearly I've become too forgetful. It's been an eventful holiday season and I'm glad to be home with no plans in site.

We're still Team Green! Baby is incredibly active every time I sit, lay, recline, am driving, you name it. Kicking around all the time. DH felt the baby for the first time right before Christmas, so that was especially exciting for both of us!

My pregnancy has been pretty uneventful in a good way. My back is starting to hurt but I'm due for a chiro appointment anyway.

I get short of breath after climbing a single set of stairs, which is very weird for me because at 5 weeks I ran a 1/2 marathon! I think I'll mention it to my midwife at my 22w appt on my Monday, just in case.

On to a blah winter here in the East. I hope it goes fast without football and no real plans ahead. Nursery-making and shower-planning it is.

Hope you all are doing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search