Artichoke dip stuffed burgers! By request ;)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crystallee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recipe Swap LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
To make the stuffings!
2 packages of cream cheese
1 tbsp of butter or a little less if you want it less greasy
1 cup artichokes, i used canned (drain/chop)
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup or so, less if you prefer of cheddar cheese (also optional, if you want a more twangy flavor, leave it out)
*optional 1/4 cup either tomatoes, red peppers, crab, onions or whatever sounds good, onions are my favorite but imitation crab is super good
crumbles of goat cheese, also optional but very good, if you don't have it, use some parmesan

To start out with, let the cream cheese warm up to room temp for like half an hour in a bowl until it is easily stirrable or just microwave it until it is.
In a pan, melt the butter and then add artichokes and any optional ingredient you picked. Stir and saute. After the artichokes are warmed and very slightly browned, and the optional ingredient is browned, take the mix and add it to the cream cheese bowl.
Add parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Stir until well mixed.
Add sour cream and mix well, then put it all in a baking pan of some sort. Glass works best. then turn on the broiler and bake, watch carefully as it gets done very quickly as in less than a couple minutes. When browned, take out, stir well, and add goat cheese or parmesan or both on top!

Step 2!
make hamburger patties, 2 per serving you want to make. Make them extremely thin and larger than average size. Throw them on a grill or in a frying pan and brown one side until you see (TMI) blood drops start to rise to the top. Do not flip, just brown one side. When the one side is browned, flip one over, put the artichoke dip on the browned side, and then stack another hamburger on top, browned side down, so that the outsides are pink. use a fork to push the top and bottom together all the way around or pinch the edges. Brown and then flip and brown the top. Burgers will have a white fizzy sheen when they are cooked through. Add cheese on top if desired, we usually do some cheddar on top.

Definitely not the healthiest recipe on the planet but it is delicious. Season with basics like salt/pepper. The flavor is pretty strong so I wouldn't add much of anything to the dip inside but some spices on the meet won't hurt anything. That recipe makes an awful lot of dip so normally we make 2-4 burgers and eat the rest as dip with chips. The dip alone is fabulous too!
KatieKat likes this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
February 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks, hon! That sounds so ridiculously yummy!!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 23rd, 2012, 06:41 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Sounds delicious

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search