Lemon Curd Cake Recipe

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recipe Swap LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So here's the recipe - excuse me if it reads funny a friend initially emailed me the details and ive copied from there!

I made the cake in three layers so this recipe below is just for two cake halves, if you want to make three then cook these first two and leave to cool, then to make the third just halve the ingredients below and follow the same instructions. Assemble by spreading the layers and stacking them.

2 Round Cake tins - 7" diameter (greased with butter and lined with baking/greaseproof paper)
Heat oven to Gas Mark 4

220g Unsalted Butter - very soft at room temp
220g Caster Sugar
4 large eggs - beaten
1 Tsp Vanilla extract or vanilla paste (NOT vanilla essence as this ruins the taste of the cake)
220g Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Jar of Good Quality Lemon Curd (i do make this occasionally but it takes AGES and its not cheap so i buy it!)

1) Beat the butter and sugar for about ten mins so its really fluffy and looks like white cream. (This is the most important part of the cake as it means it will turn out really light and soft and not like a brick. I have got a machine where i can leave it beating on its own for ten mins but its worth the effort)

2) Add the eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder (so everything else really) and beat until smooth and it drops off the whisk easy. If its a bit stiff then add a touch of milk to slacken it.

3) Place evenly in tins and into the middle of the pre heated oven for 26 mins. Before taking out test the top to see if its set and is firm. Depending on your oven it might cook it quicker so just keep an eye on it after 22 mins.

4) Take out oven, leave to cool in tins for 15 mins then empty out onto wire cooling rack and cool completely.

5) Spead with the lemon curd (or jam, or anything you fancy) then sprinkle the top with caster sugar. DONE.

hope this reads ok, let me know if there are any words which dont make sense in translation! (ive come across a few myself so understand completely!)

Also let me know if you try the recipe as i LOVE this cake!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search