my preggo-food journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Darling Diaries LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM
aka shawna
i had pickles today. hate to be cliche, but i've been craving pickles for the first time since the days of elementry school and skate decks nights with gigantic pickles. oh that sounds terribly good. also, i worked in mc donalds when i was 16, and i know that pickles come pre-cut in those dingy plastic bags, which always grossed me out, yet i love their pickles. if i can order a cheeseburger, sans the burger, cheese, onions, ketchup, mustard and bun, i totally would. in fact, i think i shall and i'l ask to have them put it in a large shake container, with obviously no shake ( 'cause i'm a sad pregnant lady who's insanely deprived of all things good!) with a straw and a cherry to top it off. though, that cherry sounds digustingly plastic atm. although, when does it not taste plastic? i just realized i'm rambling.

i'm going to begin a food journal, to A.) keep my weight in check. and B.) look back at the no doubt insane cravings i will have throughout this pregnancy.

this shall be fun. but i won't start today...'cause i've been a bit naughty seeing that i just spent a small fortune on halloween candy for the kiddo's and i've already dug in.
October 28th, 2011, 06:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great idea!! Halloween is always a hard time to keep your eating on track. I just can't resist all that candy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
aka shawna
haha, melissa i bought sour patches and thought of you!

those ads for subsandwiches are driving me maaaaaad. i want one soooo badly!

today i've been good; no candy. but thats most probably because my hubby hid it from me.

banana for breakfast along with grape juice.
lunch, i skipped.
going to make fajitas for dinner. chicken is still revolting, so i will probably just feed the chicken to my dog and chow down on the peppers and onions, cheese and sour cream.

i'm not too worried about caloric intake just yet. i don't necessary feel hungry lately and i have reserves. so i hope i can minimize my calories as much as possible, so i'll have a cute bump. not that i'm depriving myself... i take that back, i do feel deprived i cannot get that sub out of my head...i wonder if i can make a veggie sub with a fat load of red onions, avocodo, peppers, olives, tomatoes and lettuce and insane amount of mustard all inside a big fatty french roll. Mmmm. perhaps tommorrow. though, i think the no-turkey is complete crap. hurry up thanksgiving, i'll be able to use that turkey, surely?
October 29th, 2011, 09:44 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To be honest, I still eat deli meats. I'd never heard of that until this pregnancy.
October 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Veteran
I still eat hot subs. I also had never heard of the rule till this time. I figures I just toast the little suckers and be fine. mmmmm.... Italian Sub
November 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
aka shawna
yea, i'm sure i could toast them. but i like 'em cold. though, thankfully, i seem to be over that craving. must have been all that mustard. :yuk:

finally i'm eating semi- healthy! lately i've had a hankering for carrots dipped in honey and fresh strawberries, pineapple, raspberries and red grapes. so refreshing! i would add cantaloupe to that, but i'm still uneasy about the whole listeria outbreak.

oh and i absolutely adore hot chocolate with a ton of whip cream!

it beats eating mustard right out of the squirty thing. which i resorted to all of last week. sickening, no?

a bit saddened, i still havent had an appetite for autumn foods. no roasts, or squash, or chili and the like. grocery shopping has been a chore. my daughter isn't too hard to please. but my hubby likes his meats and i just find them to be gag inducing. i hope this passes soon. this lack of protien isn't doing me any favors.
November 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
aka shawna
i think i may have just felt baby.. sugar seems to be the ticket to a wiggling baby. i just had some minute maid fruit punch, and a peppermint fudge cookie after a bit, and chocolate vanilla pudding. my belly felt...jolted. it was very noticable. kicks? or flutters. you got me. but i'm fairly certain that was baby. for sugary stuff!

on a different note. i no longer am opposed to chips. particularly 50% less salt lays potato chips. i was helping my grandma, and she had gotten her groceries, and there was a bag of those, the minute i saw it, i was salivating at the mouth and made a mental note to pick up abag for myself when i got home. that was friday. its now monday, and that bag is gone, aside from a few crumbs and i want more. no, need more! this is the beginning of the end to eating fairly healthy it looks like.

also, i'm miffed. i've been cooking up a storm for hubby and he barely eats any of it. i made spaghetti bolognaise, which i alwys make from scratch and hubby eats piles of it. he barely touched it. and my chicken and dumplings went mostly into leftovers, fine with me, i ate the whole pot. but, i was a bit bummed.. i asked him why he hasnt eaten anything ive made, and he said it tasted off. whaaat? it does not. he was like dont worry, you're pregnant, your taste buds are properly off. now i am a foodie, i would know if something tasted awful and everything i have cooked, tasted amazing. i'd be the first to admit it was anything but delicious, so i'm slightly annoyed he would say this. honestly. now, i'm about to cook up a storm for thanksgiving, and if my family doesnt eat my food i will probably cry. and if they do eat my food, then hubby will be in BIG trouble. nobody tells me my cooking sucks, especially if it doesnt. and if it does, crap. whats wrong wih me?!
December 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
aka shawna
hunger pains.

my stomach has been fairly grumpy with me for the last 1 and a half. i thought ok, whatever. mind over matter and i will eventually fall asleep. no such luck. it just got angrier and angrier by the minute, until i eventually caved, got out of my nice cozy warm bed, got out some pineapples and started munching away. i ate a whole can. and now, not only is my mouth screaming in pain, cause earlier i burned my mouth by being too impatient to wait for the pizza to cool down. but i'm still fookin hungry. and i don't know what for.

these days i been piling away the english muffins and 2% kraft cheese slices. i want one right now... but i have a doctors appointment tommorrow morning, and as all i've pretty much eaten is carbs this entire pregnancy, i am terrified to get on that scale. that said, my hubby told me he's worried, as my belly was growing there for awhile, then seemed to kind of plateau. i feel baby (i think?) so i'm sure its just snuggled somewhere deep inside. my belly is plenty big anyhow, so i was actually happy he said he didnt notice any growth. but, now i'm worried too. maybe thats why i'm still awake.

nah.. pretty sure its the english muffin calling my name. another battle lost it seems.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search