How will you tell family?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Veteran
How will you tell family the news???

For DD1 we gave a frame with a poem for the the then unborn baby.
For DD2 I sent I card in mail to family with DD1 picture on it saying im going to be a big sister.

For this pregnancy I have shirts for them.. DD1 has big sister but its crossed out and then says Biggest sister and DD2 has little sister crossed off and then says big sister.
Then when we are with family I will just wait til they notice the shirts.

When we tell the world- Facebook I will prolly just post a pic of the girls in the shirts.

How about everybody else?

I really cant wait to tell me girls they are going to be so excited!!!
November 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
jenerik's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i told my mom and dad with parker wearing a shirt that said Big Brother. it took my parents a good 15 minutes before catching onto what parker was trying to tell them LOL

everyone else got a phone call or text

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my AH-mazing Siggy!

November 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
My parents have been hounding me for a list of what the kids need for Christmas. So we are bringing over a list which will end up with things like "diapers, bottles, a crib" on it

His parents are finding out on Thanksgiving when we tell his daughter. We got a picture frame that says "Me and my big sister" and inside we are putting a note that says "can't wait to take this first picture with you, just as soon as Im born next July!"

I think we are telling the boys this Friday before they go to their dad's for Thanksgiving.

Everyone else? Facebook LOL

thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran
I am trying to wait until Christmas to tell the families. I will be 10/11wks by then. Every year we make the grandparents a calendar with pictures of the kids. They look through all the pictures right then so hopefully I will have a sono pic to put on July and caption it with something like "Arriving this month...."

With dd1 it was weeks after our wedding so I handed our parents a thank you card and gift and in the gift was a onesie.

With dd2 we had dd1 wear a big sister shirt and just waited for ppl to read it and figure it out. Some caught on quicker than others
November 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will probably do the big brother shirt thing, but for now we had to tell DH's father (his mom I'm sure knows too now) when I had my surgery Thursday and then my mom too. As far as I know, that's the only people I know who know.
November 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Oh my gosh love that calendar idea! I might steal that for my husbands family in England! Now I REALLY hope for an u/s at first appt hahha....I guess we could always put a fake pic of one or image of some sort too! Love that!!!

We are telling my 9 year old by giving her an "oldest child" ornament for Christmas and our youngest a "middle child" one and see how long it takes her to figure it out
November 16th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Super Mommy
#1 we just blurted it out -we were so excited!
#2 we had a poem about seeing a gift in 9 months.
#3 -we had our 2nd DD wear a "I'm a big sister shirt" and told people look at ___'s new shirt! (so they didn't think it was a hand-me-down from our 1st DD)
#4 -we are thinking about Christmas cards to say...from the 6 of us. And see how many people figure it out!

Last edited by jdd; November 16th, 2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: edit
November 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Veteran
I put the digital test in a bracelet jewelry box... I gave it to my mom and told her I had a belated birthday gift. She freaked!
November 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
DH is English and his parents live there. We are going to Skype with them after we hear the heartbeat and while they are there on the video we will email them my u/s pic from 6 weeks (the baby is essentially just a dot) with a speech bubble coming out of the dot that says "Hi Grandma and granddad!" And we'll probably video the whole thing too

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

November 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
I just texted a pic of the test and our EDD. I'm not creative and we're scattered across the country.

November 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
kittiann's Avatar Veteran
Aww, these are such cute ideas! We've always been pretty quiet about announcing pregnancies, and probably will this time as well.. it's not the best time in our lives for another and our families know that as well, so we'll just tell the important ones in private before xmas and let the news spread over the holidays. I'm expecting a lot of "what were you thinking!"s, and not looking forward to having to explain to everyone that IUDs apparently don't always work. Though of course there will be lots of room for "I am the 1%" Occupy Wallstreet style jokes

Aisha Rosemary and Miriam Lily
are going to be big sisters!

November 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiann View Post
Aww, these are such cute ideas! We've always been pretty quiet about announcing pregnancies, and probably will this time as well.. it's not the best time in our lives for another and our families know that as well, so we'll just tell the important ones in private before xmas and let the news spread over the holidays. I'm expecting a lot of "what were you thinking!"s, and not looking forward to having to explain to everyone that IUDs apparently don't always work. Though of course there will be lots of room for "I am the 1%" Occupy Wallstreet style jokes

Im on the same page as you. Id love to be able to make a big announcement and know that everyone will be as excited as we are but thats not going to happen. I actually think my dad was relieved when we miscarried last month. He later said "what were you thinking getting pregnant?" It was his dream in life for me to be a doctor or lawyer and thats not happening. Im a make up artist and happy about it and I would love 5 kids lol anyway we have told about 3 people and the rest we have decided to wait until we find out the gender.
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

November 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
faygeo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faygeo
the only people that know are a few people that i work with and our kids. hubby said he could go the whole pregnancy without telling anyone. me on the other hand, can't wait. but, we have decided to wait to make sure that all is well so i am thinking that since my ultasound is the 21st, that on thanksgiving, when both of our families will be with us, is as good a time as any. really not sure as to how we are gonna tell them yet though.
hubby just told me over dinner that he really didn't want to tell anyone. as i was thinking about it, sounded fun to me to wait and see who notices my increasing size first! hmmm...now he has me thinking...

Last edited by faygeo; November 16th, 2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: to add to the post
November 16th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Veteran
made our calendars, now just waiting on a sono pic!
Month of July pictures

November 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are visiting the IL's for Christmas so we plan to tell them at that point. We are debating between our daughter presenting the grandparents with a framed ultrasound picture or wearing a shirt at the airport.

I'm not sure how I will tell my family. Everyone will be together for Christmas, so I might mail a framed ultrasound and tell them to call before opening. And that my parents must open it together. My family usually gather's around in a circle and opens gifts at my aunts. The trick would just be making sure that they don't post on facebook until DH's family opens gifts! And vis versa!

November 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DD we had visors made for the grandmas saying "Grammy" and "Nana". We got my parents and my IL's together and gave them the visors. (i had actually told my mom at lunch the week before). We gave the granddads cards with our u/s pic on it saying the EDD and congratulations.

With this LO...I am not 100% sure...I just ordered a "big Sis" shirt from Etsy and that'll play some role in telling some people...just not sure who/when! I have a few other ideas rolling around, but am hoping to wait several more weeks/2 months for many...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search