Appt today was kinda a let down

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
but I'm trying to stay positive. The nurse called us in. Went over my previous prenatal history. Felt like she giving an attitude because I couldn't remember exactly WHEN each kid was born; ie 38 wks 36 wks, 40 wks. Hmm yeah 5 kids over 10 years with a LOT of other stuff that happened. So sorry.

I'm trying very hard not to compare but it was sad that there was no ultrasound and won't be until December 16th Was hoping for a more firm confirmation on the due date. Oh well though

And in the course of her taking 3 other phone calls during our intake I somehow got schedule for a 1 hr glucose. I've never had to do it before and was just irritated that we'd be stuck at the hospital for another hour and that mean another hour A2 was stuck in hourly care. Didn't help that my head is going through caffeine withdrawals and my m/s is starting to get the best of me too.

Did get 10 vials of blood taken from me and the best part the girl actually listened to me when I told her which vein to use and I have no bruising. SCORE! <-- it's the little things.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

November 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I'm sorry your appointment was a bit of a let down. Most of them just feel like a waste of time to me. I'm guessing I won't even see my OB until after December.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
November 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You had to do the 1 hour glucose already? Do you have a history of GD or something? I thought they didn't do that until around 28 weeks.
November 15th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it wasn't the best appt. Yeah I was also wondering why they were doing the glucose test so early.

November 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sucks. Good luck with that stupid glucose. I hate those tests!
November 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Regular
I was wondering about the glucose test too. Seems early to me as well. Sorry the appointment was a let down. I am sure mine will be too. First appointment always seems to be. I haven't called to get my appointment yet but I am betting I won't get in until after Christmas. They doctors around here don't like to see you until around 10 or 11 weeks.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 15th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) And I agree that it is the little things that count. I am always happy when I don't have to get stuck a bunch of times for my blood.
November 16th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom has diabetes but hers is caused by her weight that just came on about hmm 3 years ago. I told the nurse that and she insisted that I need to be check immediately because Im at risk since my mom has it. Hmm yeah disagree with her logic since 5 other pregnancies and I've never been at risk or even close to it. I'm like the poster child of the perfect pregnancy as every doc has told me.

Im going to try my hardest to keep positive and not compare to Balboa Naval hospital which I absolutely loved.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

November 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I'm sorry it was a letdown. You know, you can alwayssssss switch providers if you're not happy. But, I hope the next one is better for ya.
November 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I'm sorry that your appointment was a let down. I do agree with the others that the glucose test this early seems jumpy. Are you experiencing any sx at all? I also think it's very tacky to be taking that many calls during your appointment. I think I'd be disappointed, too. Sorry you had to go through that. I hope your future appointments aren't like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search