Anatomy Scan -- find out or not?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
threegstyle+1's Avatar Veteran
This will be my last child and I'm about 60% sure I do NOT want to find out what it is. With our first we found out and this time it's like one of the only times I can ever truly be surprised in my life.... I'm not quite sure I want to know. I mentioned this to DH and he said he absolutely could not, NOT find out (due to needs of planning). I'm under the impression there's not much more we need.... so the planning is not a problem. (I dont go all out on a nursery, etc. so it's not like it would be a big deal).

anyone else ever have this case, or maybe even not find out but have a spouse that did? I'm almost inclined to tell him he can know and I want it to be a surprise.

thought I'd ask.
November 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
DH and I are going back and forth on this .. One day we want to know and then the next we want the surprise I didn't know with my first and I did know with my 2nd .

It has been 10 years since I have had a baby and this might and might not be our last . We are very undecided

I know I was no help just letting you know you are not ALONE .

November 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I know a lot of couples that had it that one knew and the other didn't Perfectly normal

To me it's a surprise either way, so I don't care when I find out, I just hate not knowing, and seem to feel closer to the little bean if I can say he/she But that's just me. If your DH thinks he could keep it from you Let him know and you can wait

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 15th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Super Mommy
With my first child we found out it was a boy, for our second child we wanted to know as well.=, and we were a girl. For our third we both decided we wanted it to be a surprise...We had clothes for both boys and girls. Our third was a suprise and I loved it. I had to have a c-section and I told the Dr.s I did not want them telling us what it was. I wanted it to be my husband to tell me, So the nurse took a pic before they put the diaper on, They showed the camera of the baby to my husband and he said, it was what I guessed. So I knew it was a girl cause he thoght we would have a girl and I thought boy.
For our 4th we are going to have it be a surprise. I just want to know that it is health and that all is o.k....
November 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We definitely want to find out! I want to be able to buy baby clothes and decorate a baby's room. For the first time I'm in a house that we own instead of a rental so I want to go all out with the baby's room. Plus we just can't wait to find out. lol

November 15th, 2011, 05:57 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I think we are going for surprise this time around! We have two girls and our baby things (carseat, etc..) are neutral and baby Firefly will be in our room with us so we really have no NEED to find out.....I hope we can resist!
November 15th, 2011, 06:03 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely want to wait this time. We found out at 20 weeks with our daughter, and yes it was a surprise then, but I don't think it's the same as finding out the second your brand new baby is born when daddy gets to say "it's a boy!" or "it's a girl!"

I want that experience. I've never heard anyone say that they wished that hadn't waited, only the opposite, people wish they had waited for the surprise at the birth.

We already have tons of baby stuff, and I definitely don't mind shopping for boy clothes if we need them.

Let's face it though, it's going to be July and it's going to be hot. It's not like you'll need to have them dressed from head to toe. Perfect time of year for a surprise baby if you ask me.

I can't wait!

November 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't want to know, but DH did. I knew if DH found out and I didn't he would eventually tell me. He's not good with secrets and he throws obvious hints. I guess it's not that big of a deal though. I didn't find out what DD#2 was until she was born and it was kind of anticlimatic. They never did the big announcement "ITS A.... GIRL!!" They were all like, "Oh, I thought you knew what you were having... Its a girl." With DS, he was breech and when they put the wand on my belly, the first thing we saw was his junk. There was NO denying he was a boy and if we didn't want to find out, it was too late! lol
November 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM
jenerik's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have no patience lol i need to know if i need to start buying pink or blue lol

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my AH-mazing Siggy!

November 15th, 2011, 06:51 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We won't be finding out this time I did with my four others.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
We'll be finding out. I don't think I couldn't! lol Last time, it really personified the baby (Lily) and helped us in picking a name and getting to know her. It'll be the same this time. I can't wait!

I can understand the surprise element to it, though, and why you'd want that.

November 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going to find out. Mostly because if it is a girl I want to have the pink things, the carseat ..all of that LOL! I've never experienced that color for a baby haha!

thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
We'll find out each pregnancy till we have a girl. Once we have one of each, we won't, but we'll have each gender stuff.

November 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're going to be surprised. I keep going back and forth but I think Dh really wants the surprise. We were surprised with #9 and it was a really cool thing. Of course it did inhibit my shopping a bit! Mostly at the end of a season when stuff went on major clearance, I wasn't able to buy much b/c I didn't know what we were having so I couldn't really take advantage of the clearance. BUT it was a fabulous experience when she was born and our families were so eager to know what we had. So I could go either way. Since it seems to be important to DH though, I don't mind being surprised.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran
We found out with my DD's and Im pretty sure we will find out for this one also. We would like 4 so if this one were to be a boy then I would try my best to not find out for number 4 but i dnt know if I could truly do it!!
November 15th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are finding out. I am not a fan of surprises and I need to be able to know if I need to buy boys clothes or to unpack my daughter's.
November 16th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want a surprise. Dh wants to know. I would rather look at the ultrasound and guess! I do want to go all out with the nursery, but we already have the room mostly set up since we plan(Ned) to start fostering in the next 3 months. All we want to do is paint and put clothes in the drawers.

November 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've always found out and would kinda like to be surprised this time around but A1 has made it very clear that she can't be a good big sister without knowing ahead of time ) so we'll more then likely find out.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

November 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were undecided in the beginning, now we're leaning towards finding out. But, we're not totally positive yet.
November 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Super Mommy
I knew early at 14-15 wks with my girls. My son I had to wait until 18 wks and it was torture! For me, knowing the sex helps me feel closer to the baby and easier to pick names for only one sex! Plus it's helpful to plan for our family with a 4 bedroom house. -if the baby is a girl, I think my older girls will have to share a bedroom, and my son will get his own room and baby will get her own nursery. If baby is a boy then the 2 boys will share and the girls will keep their own rooms. We're hoping for another boy so the girls won't bicker!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search